[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh hey another day on /ic/. Can I become good at art when I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1445976012899.jpg (39KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
1445976012899.jpg
39KB, 500x494px
Oh hey another day on /ic/.

Can I become good at art when I start with 12 or is it already too late?

Should I do this certain exercise 231 hours before I move on? Asking because I'm a wimpy faggot that rather collects arbitary information and opinions instead of actually practicing and figuring things out on my own.

I'm going trough this certain book that is written in a style unsuited for me but I force myself trough it because I heard a bunch of opinions on how good that book is even though I don't understand shit.

I created a schedule. First I start with 2 hours doing that thing, Than another 30 minutes that things and then another 3 hours that thing. I wrap it up with one hour of that thing. I actually didn't put any thought into those exercises and just follow them because I heard other people are putting hours in like that. Also I need to mention I use my smartphone with a stop watch app to get my hours exactly in to the last second. Sometimes it's hard and I see there are 10 minutes left but even when I want to give up I move my pen for this last few minutes to feel accomplished and that I actually completed my arbitrary rule that makes no sense. But hey, that one time I finished my overwhelming schedule was pretty cool, never doing it again though and also starting to hate this shit.

Man, lately getting depressed. Better make a thread on /r9k/ 2.0 to hopefully see other people being miserable too. It's only 12 but I feel like the whole day is gone anyway since I'm so depressed. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Wow, lately fixed my depression for a few seconds by seeing those progression threads. I especially like those people that made no progress in years or actually declined in skill. I feel so much more talented and superior.

Another book share thread went up recently. I couldn't help downloading another book I will never read in my entire life and that just will rot away along with the other stuff on my 2tb harddrive full of art stuff.
>>
>>2516083

Acquire professional psychiatric consultation.
You have dedication. You have resolve. You have practice and fortitude. You are far, far ahead of the game. Is your mind in this context, not your objective work history or experience that is/are to be critiqued here.

You are doing well.
Just as in learning physics - first we teach the 11th or 12th grade pupil example after example - before the abstract concepts of Quantum Mechanics later.

Artistically, you are practicing very very diligently. Stop overthinking.
>>
>>2516083
>it's a "guy makes thread complaining about common board threads" episode
>>
You know what, this thread actually gave me hope that I'll get over my drawing anxiety and find a way to practice and have fun again. Thanks anon
>>
I'm not drawing yet because I haven't found the right pencil set yet. I've been looking for 5 months, anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>2516083
Post your work.
>>
Hey guys I was wondering, should I spend $2500 on a Cintique or only $1000?

I've always found drawing in a sketchbook to be clunky, feel unnatural, and I always end up getting frustrated and quitting before I even really start. What I really need is a tablet, because I just know that once I can draw digitally my exceptional creativity will finally be able to shine through.
>>
>>2516213
I can't tell anymore, is this bait?
>>
>>2516102
>how do quotes work
It's a "guy makes valid observations about the idiotic atmosphere perpetuated by this place" episode.

It's fun to watch people self-sabotage this hard for now, but I'll probably leave in a month or so.
>>
>>2516222
>>2516222

nice trips, everything in this thread so far is facetious including this comment and excluding yours (maybe)
>>
>>2516264

Can you move that schedule up a bit so we don't need to put up with you for a month?
>>
Which meme is the most efficient way to git gud?

Note: I’m a beginner and don’t really know what “meme” really means but since you guys use it so much it can only mean a good thing, right? How does the saying go: Copy from the masters, and you guys are my masters.

So there’re are the pencil and paper meme and graphics tablet meme. I guess a tablet is better because you use with a computer and drawing softwares. It has a lot of pen brushes, colors and you can even warp your sketches which is a really cool meme to do. You can’t do that with paper, it’s an obsolete medium.

Another thing are exercise memes. I’m currently doing 20 minutes of gesture drawing meme a day. That’s all the time I can spent on drawing because I have a full time job and a girlfriend, sorry. Some say I should look into anatomy meme as well, but what for? I’m not a doctor lol.

So tell me /ic/. What is the fastest way to draw nicely in a short amount of time?
>>
Hallo guys, lately I have a bit of an issue, namely everyone in school and outside of it is talking about how important exams are and that studying for right subject will influence your future. I don't really like this school thing and I'm not good at maths, but parents say university is important so I think I can sit through 5 more years of classes doodling on them. That's also my question: Is art worth pursuing as a career choice? I don't want to do quick 5 minute google search or look at figures on job portals, but I saw that one guy on deviantart and he takes $50 (!) for something I could draw if I practiced a bit more and it sounds as easy top bux, I could buy new videogame with it and could save after all.
>>
>>2516083
Do you feel better now?
>>
>>2516378
>being passive aggressive in the year 2016
Evolve beta.
>>
>>2516382
we use the word cuck now
>>
This thread making me question my understanding of English language.
>>
>>2516401
It was never actually expained why so many chinese visit /ic/. Explain yourself faggot. What makes you visit this place?
>>
>>2516391
please keep that out of /ic/, /vg/ is cancerous and full of it
>>
I'm in my late 20s and already have 2 kids, a full time job, and a bunch of financial baggage due to years of stupid decisions. I've decided that now is the perfect time to become an artist so that I can show the world how deep and intelligent I really am on the inside.

So my question is: should I abandon my family?
>>
>>2516641
They're definitely better off without you
>>
>>2516083
based. saved.
>>
>>2516641
do it
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.