[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could anyone tell me how the artist of this achieved the colors

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: fmOBCuq.jpg (142KB, 1138x640px) Image search: [Google]
fmOBCuq.jpg
142KB, 1138x640px
Could anyone tell me how the artist of this achieved the colors on the pillar? I'm assuming this is digital art, but it looks like oil paint, doesn't it? I tried recreating it in photoshop, but I just don't understand how.
>>
To clarify I'm talking about the texture, sorry English is not my first language and its late :^)
>>
by not being shit?
go practice, read the sticky or something and don't come back until you have real questions
fucking newfriends
>>
fucking if i know dude, i literally dont understand how to render in digital painting and it makes me feel stupid
>>
Hey thanks for linking that image I think I learned something realy important from those pillars
>>
>>2515851

A few different brushes, Possibly the smudge tool. The dark textured marks are done with a brush that has a dry brush look. Check out Shaddy Safadi's tutorial on youtube and brush pack, also Jama Jurabaevs brush pack for Photoshop.
>>
File: brushsettings.jpg (32KB, 708x382px) Image search: [Google]
brushsettings.jpg
32KB, 708x382px
>>2515851
Strokes on the left are all the same chalk brush that comes with photoshop. First stroke is default settings, then next stroke the pen pressure set to flow in brush settings, then texture added in brush settings with mode set to height and a low depth value, flow set low and built up the stroke towards bottom by scrubbing a few times, screwing with spacing, adding scattering.

Blotch to right uses a couple default brushes while screwing with the settings mentioned. Then some smudge tool and mixer brush used to smear the paint around in spots. All the brush settings can still be messed with while using smudge and mixer. Adding scattering can be nice when smudging.

Just experiment.
>>
>>2515915
Thank you, those resources are very helpful :)
>>2515980
Very interesting, thank you very much!
>>
>>2515865
It is not a beginner question dumbass, it is a specific question about tool use. You don't figure this shit out on your own by fucking around with the hard round brush for an ethernity.
>>
Just want to add one more thing:

Unsharpen Mask was used liberally in this artwork. Learning how to manipulate the three sliders can unlock a whole bunch of cool textures.
>>
>>2515851
Doesn't actually look anything like oil paint.
>>
>>2515980
thank you love
>>
Texture brush with sharpen more filter afterwards,
>>
File: Elle Fannyfant.jpg (92KB, 708x382px) Image search: [Google]
Elle Fannyfant.jpg
92KB, 708x382px
>>2516736
Anything for you, my dear sweet Anon.
>>
>>2516073
>You don't figure this shit out on your own by fucking around with the hard round brush for an ethernity.
Then don't use a hard round brush brains-for-turds
>>
>>2515851
It's a photobash. Smh I actually hate digital painting these days
>>
>>2517018
do you hate photobashing when its for work pieces wheres theres a dead line? i mean, how would you do it if you were hired? all from scratch senpai?
>>
>>2517336
It's possible to understand why something is done and still not like it. It's obvious fast food is popular and it's easy to see why, but that doesn't mean everyone likes the taste of it.
>>
Nothing about this screams photobash to me.
>>
>>2515851
OH GOD IT'S TRULY SUMMER

I don't understand why these people actually crawl out during summer, it's not like they're too busy to come here during the rest of the year.
>>
>>2517342

dirtiest mess of a digital illustration ever conceived in the history of mankind. dirty work is the tell tale sign of the photobash noskill toolmonkey.
>>
>>2517595
Or just somebody who's trying to be loose but doesn't have the skill and sensibility to back it up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.