[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you want to learn to freehand perspective should you learn

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

File: p.jpg (964KB, 1600x1125px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
964KB, 1600x1125px
If you want to learn to freehand perspective should you learn how to do perspective on a grid first? Or is it better to just keep practicing freehand until your drawings look right?

What are the use cases for grid? It seems like its mainly for just do vehicle design and getting big scenes with multiple objects in looking right. But when I've seen things like a planar break down of the face. Manipulating that in 3 dimensions free hand seems almost impossible without drawing out the VPs etc. People like Proko and Loomis seem to be able to draw this complex geometric stuff in perspective without a explicitly drawing out the construction but did they learn with the construction or did they just practice from observing perspective until they could do it?

Grids seems really abstract and slow as opposed to learning how to just visualise it and I'm wondering if the investment of time of drawing straight lines with a ruler is really worth it...
>>
File: s4.jpg (202KB, 1000x826px) Image search: [Google]
s4.jpg
202KB, 1000x826px
Start by working on grids. The problem with trying to learn how to freehand perspective by freehanding perspective is that you won't know whether or not the perspective is actually correct after you've freehanded it. By using a grid you can train your eye to understand how different 3d forms look in space.

After a while it is good to then transition into doing sketches/layouts freehand, and tightening and cleanup on grids, and eventually to just freehand.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.