[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you really make a living doing art? i have trouble finding

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1452306095526.jpg (225KB, 876x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452306095526.jpg
225KB, 876x1200px
can you really make a living doing art? i have trouble finding the strenght to keep going down the artist path, even though i have already invested a fair bit. i just don't see it having much of a future. i don't want to be poor my entire life, or have to be an absolute outlier in order to make a middle class living.
>>
If money is what you're concerned about, art is not for you. Go be a front-end developer, takes an artful mind and pays well, then do your art on the side.
>>
>>2459700

Of course. People use art in stuff they peddle themselves. If there is demand there will be jobs.

The problem is you won't always do it the way you imagined it when you started on that path. You might end up doing something ,where the art component is just a part of your work. Or doing pr0n. Or making retarded 3D movies on yt. You never know. It's a problem, because it demands that you recognize your current limitations. I can't do complex perspective and composition? My enviroments are poor as shit? Gee, I guess that comic book I always wanted to make will have to wait a decade. Etc.

The good thing about this art/entertainment industry (entertainment is how you should initially approach it, really) stuff is that if you never accept a plateau and always improve (making you somewhat of an exception), go through more books, do more training etc. and never give up you may eventually get semi-rich as your skills become very hard to come by, so the middle class isn't the definitive ceiling, asuming you make it to begin with.
>>
I always wonder why it isn't more artists' goal to just go really hard on working and saving as much money as humanly possible, investing it, and retiring with a self-sufficient income on your investments without needing a salary to make a living.
If you go really hard and have a decent income, and don't waste your cash on frivolous shit, people have retired at 30/40 and lived on their own money generating their income. Then you can do art to supplement your income but not make yourself miserable trying to hold down a job in the industry and make ends meet.
>>
>>2459750
Bait.
>>
>>2459769
Why are you implying that?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.