[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone sketch girls at the gym? My workplace offers a discount

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

Anyone sketch girls at the gym? My workplace offers a discount to the Y so I'm thinking of doing it but I don't want to be creepy. I definitely wouldn't think of doing it in the showers or anything, but it's hard because there aren't exactly tables like in the library or a cafe.

Would they just be glad you aren't hitting on them or would they be genuinely upset moreso than in a park? I don't want to draw children or birds.
>>
If you were bold enough you could just ask them
>>
>>2452931
Probably one out of every four or five wouldn't find it weird.

I didn't say they'd be flattered. They just wouldn't find it weird. It's just not something they were expecting. Just hope that they have an appreciation for the practice that artists do. Also OP I hope you're ripped and 10/10 facial aesthetics too.

I'd say the gym is where you go to exercise and not draw, but you could say that about anywhere.
>>
>>2452920
i would be annoyed. why the hell are you drawing instead of working out at the gym? like seriously, get out.
>>
>>2452931
To add to this, rather than drawing them at the gym why not just ask them if they would model for you. Far less "weird" since it entirely makes sense an artist would go to such a place to look for models. you should probably offer payment though
>>
>>2452933
>you could say that about anywhere.
not really. if you're in a bus or plain or train or park where people sit for periods of time not doing anything, then yeah, it's acceptable.
but you deserve to be called a creep and a loser if you draw in a supermarket, gym, construction site, lab, etc. like seriously, get out. if you're not here to work or shop, then get out.
>>
>>2452937
this is bait
>offer payment
they'll punch you so hard and call security
>>
I would just sketch anyone's gesture at a glance and try to recall their features from memory, or sketch equipment around me, but of course I'd only draw during rest periods because I'd there for the /fit/ first and foremost
>>
>>2452941
They would refuse money, for what reason?
>>
>>2452950
Because only prostitutes take money for "modeling"
Go ahead, try it. Get in touch reality, basement creep.
Of course there is a slight chance you might meet a real slut.
>>
>>2452960
So actual art models do it for free, then?

That's news to me.
>>
>>2452937
>rather than drawing them at the gym why not just ask them if they would model for you. Far less "weird"

Holy shit do you actually think anybody would find getting approached at a gym by some stranger asking for them to privately model for them won't come off as seriously fucking weird?
>>
>>2452962

Most art models choose to do it of their own volition and are frequently artists or interested in the arts already, not because a fucking stranger approached them at the gym and asked.

Go ahead and try. Go around and ask random women "Can I pay you to model for me?" and see what kind of answers you get. I gurantee you for every 1 that's not creeped out ten (and that's being generous) will be, especially if they're remotely attractive.
>>
>>2452962
Imagine the stereotypical 4chan user walking into a gym and awkwardly going up to women he finds attractive and asking them if they'll be his model for the day in exchange for cash.
>>
>>2452966
>Go ahead and try.
No.
>>
>>2452968

That's because you already know what would happen.

The reality is the connotations for most people when an artist asks someone individually to model for them is titanic style "draw me like one of your french girls" (at best: it's seen as a request for a prostitute's services without outright saying it at worst) and it's sexually charged. It isn't the detached professionalism that an artist might see it as.
>>
>>2452971
Just put on a beret and grow one of those weird artist moustaches. They'll completely buy it.
>>
>>2452937

I've never even been on a date and I'm 28, so I really doubt I'd be able to pull this off.
>>
>>2452981
Me neither but I go to life drawing sessions to draw people, not gyms.
>>
File: loser.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
loser.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>2452987

Damn son, I have excuses for never having gotten laid but that's kind of sad if you haven't.

I don't want to pay every time I want to draw people from life and want to do it more than once or twice a week. You can only draw your face and ask your mom to model in different poses so many times before you want to try someone else. I'm not good so I want to do it more and feel like I wouldn't really be getting my money's worth at a paid life drawing session.

I understand, I guess the gym is a no go. I do go to the grocery, but I stick to the little cafe section where you can see people shopping.
>>
>>2452993

nigga gyms need a fucking membership anyway, you'll be paying far more than a life drawing session.

There are places near me that you can go for five bucks, I'm pretty sure these aren't uncommon for uninstructed sessions with a decent amount of attendees. Skip the fucking mcdonalds a few times a week and go to a life drawing session, or sketch people in a cafe or some shit. At least there you can be reasonably assured to have a model who has some idea what she's doing, as well.
>>
>>2452993
I also draw in places like cafes, bars, libraries. I use ipad for this because it kind of masks what I'm doing.
>>
>>2453008
Because it would much less creepy staring at people while fingering your iPad.
>>
>>2453059
I only take very quick glances at them, spaced as infrequently as possible. It forces me to rely on memory more but that just makes it more effective as practice I believe
>>
>>2453065
Also I use a stylus not my fingers to draw.

I'm not a barbarian.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2452981
How the fuck is this possible.

Painters have turned getting women out of their clothes for hours into fucking routine. Talk to the girl, get a box of wine, masking tape her position, fuck her after the under drawing. Unless you are a NEET fuck living with your mom, this is easy.

Jesus.
>>
>>2453109
hey, i remember you
you bragged about getting laid with your art in the other thread (that got deleted)
i don't know if that's true, frankly i don't care
but please stop
your little post isn't going to change anyone's life
yes, im 30 live with my mom cause no job and kv. you wanna buy me a prostitute or introduce me to one of your sluts? no? then fuck off.
>>
>>2453128
Rekt him desu senpai
>>
It's fucking rude and gross as hell to just draw people without their permission. Would a photographer wanting to take nude photos just do snapshots in public showers? Would you go to a bank and treat the tellers like your therapist? Would you get coffee and force the Batista to do your taxes. Don't make people your unwilling models when they came to work out and probably don't want to be watched by some neckbeard. Hire a fucking model, who have consented to your leer and whose job it is.
>>
>>2453957
bait
>>
>>2453957
tfw batista

David Michael "Dave" Bautista Jr. is an American actor and former professional mixed martial artist and professional wrestler. He was signed to WWE under the ring name Batista. Wikipedia
>>
>>2452939
what the fuck nigger? i love seeking construction sites and drawing and painting people and the hard surface machinery. really good for animation practice. screw you nigger.
>>
>>2452920
Why?
That's weird
>>
>>2454007
Yeah, I don't know why anyone would think drawing in a construction site would be weird unless you're disrupting their work by being in the way..
>>
>>2452920
Because this isn't in public, there may be rules preventing you from doing it. You may be asked to stop, to leave, or have your membership revoked. Persistence after warnings may incur criminal charges. Best practice for sketching or photographing people in non-public settings is to ask first, dingus.
>>
>>2454785
THIS!
>>
>>2452962
Actual art models have agents or websites and are contracted by institutions, not anons at the gym.
>>
>>2452971
I got a competitive figure skater to do a mocap session for me.
Then again I have money, equipment and "it's for CalArts' animation library" was a flattering and believable lie.
>>
>>2453065
>It forces me to rely on memory more but that just makes it more effective as practice I believe
Entirely the other way around.
>>
just ask them if you want. not really a good idea to seek advice from a bunch of social outcasts. you dont know what the answer may be so assume nothing , goodluck!
>>
>>2454895
So believing in practice makes it less effective but forces memory to be less reliant on me?

>>2454880
> contracted by institutions
I know a guy who just hires models for himself. You don't have to be an institution - where did that even came from? Or is it somehow illegal for private individuals to hire a model where you live?
>>
>>2452920
How autistic can you be?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.