[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ic/ help me.. artist's block... sitting in front of blank

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: bruges_by_elzasuparman-d52y3s9.jpg (90KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
bruges_by_elzasuparman-d52y3s9.jpg
90KB, 900x600px
/ic/ help me.. artist's block... sitting in front of blank paper for hours the past few months and it's making me depressed..
>>
You're supposed to draw on the paper you retard.
>>
>>2424793
i'm trying, yet without an idea of what to draw or without inspiration i just get to draw some lines and ragequit
>>
>>2424800
Go outside, take your sketchbook with you and draw a house, or a person, or a tree, whatever you see.
Sitting in front of a piece of paper won't do much for you apparently, so get up and get out of your house.
>>
>>2424809
tried that as well...
>>
Go to the reference thread and draw everything there. Or join one of the tower girls / roll threads.

If you only want to draw from imagination you're going to need a visual library to build from, shit doesn't magically flow to the paper if you sit around doing nothing.
>>
>>2424792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JnssoinaUI
>>
>>2424792
>draw a big dick in the middle of the page, top to bottom
there, now you can stop worrying about a bad page and start drawing
>>
>>2424792
W E E K O N E
E
E
K
O
N
E
>>
Do you like nature?
Draw that shit
Do you like women?
Draw that shit
Do you like cars?
Draw that shit
Do you like anime?
Draw that shit
Do you like still life?
Draw that shit
Do you like tanks?
Draw that shit
Do you like little girls?
Draw that shit
Do you like architecture?
Draw that shit
Do you like sci fi?
Draw that shit
Do you like fantasy?
Draw that shit
Do you like movie stills?
Draw that shit
Do you like superheros?
Draw that shit
Do you like your pet?
Draw that shit
Do you like old photographs that are in black and white posted in the OP of stupid threads on /ic/?
Draw that shit
Do you like COCKS?
Draw that shit

literally just draw what interests you, stupid.
>>
anytime i think of something like a design or a concept for a painting or a drawing i write it down and really put every detail i could think of in a notebook, and sometimes i'll go and change something or i'll add different things that might work better... so far i have around 300-400 "ideas" for stuff i want to do later (i'm just 19 and i don't have that much skill yet)
i'm the only one doing this?
>>
File: Spark.jpg (2MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Spark.jpg
2MB, 2272x1704px
Op...
>>
File: k.jpg (438KB, 693x1090px)
k.jpg
438KB, 693x1090px
>>2424792
The issue is probably just based in a fear of failure. You know there are things you want to draw, you're just afraid they'll suck.

If you can't get into it, then just draw dumb shit for a while. Or try to express how you feel, that's pretty important to know anyway so you might as well get some practice at it. Look at it like an exercise; It doesn't matter if it looks good, just draw SOMETHING. A crab with a hat, a man being contorted into bodybreaking positions screaming in agony, a whole page filled with nothing but dicks in various angles and stages of erection... With faces matching faces. If the failure makes you angry then draw yourself being angry.

If all else fails, sit down and fill paper upon paper with straight lines and circles until your arm hurts and you begin to have profound realizations about existence.
>>
>>2425995
This is good advice yo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.