[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Draw circles all day >Totally stopped doing still lifes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: c1_img1.png (6KB, 368x376px) Image search: [Google]
c1_img1.png
6KB, 368x376px
>Draw circles all day
>Totally stopped doing still lifes
>Have just been practicing circles from the shoulder for 1 hour for the past 2 weeks

Is it a waste of time? Should I move on?
>>
Yes, given that I don't understand why you would even do this
>>
>>2420627
It's so much fun.
Literally just play a bunch of music and test your co-ordination for an hour and get better at it.
>>
>>2420627
depends. post your circles
>>
>>2420627

Why had you ever started on still life before you mastered circles?
>>
>>2420627
yes, it's pointless. Draw what you want to draw, exercise just enough to get yourself going. Avoid pointless exercises like this one you just mentioned.
>>
>>2420628
>I don't understand why you would even do this

It builds line confidence, and circles are a vital point of construction in art (cylinders, spheres, etc)

If you can do an almost perfect circle from the shoulder, it will help you when you construct from imagination after you spend time on still lives.

It's basically practicing the fundamentals and refining your skill from the ground up.

It's the same reason people draw lines over and over.

Being able to make the correct line at the correct place is very essential to making good looking art.
>>
OP are you me
>>
>>2420627
>says he draws circles ALL DAY
>doesnt post circles
All bark no bite

get out of /ic/
>>
>>2421171
its in the op!
>>
>>2420627
I'm in a similar position. I've filled like 50 pages with straight lines in the past few days.
>>
>he fell for the circles meme
>>
File: perfect_lemon.jpg (20KB, 482x487px) Image search: [Google]
perfect_lemon.jpg
20KB, 482x487px
I fell into the same trap too for a while. You only need to do it a few times and then move on, or use it as a warm up. You're not gonna git gud by drawing nothing but primitive shapes.
>>
>>2420627
did you already practiced straight lines? circles are way too advanced for most people on /ic/
>>
>>2420628
hahalol
>>
>>2421222
I remember you.

Like your circles, m8.
>>
>>2420627
Nah why not? They are good to practice, in fact do at least 5 pages filled with circles and ellipses, it's a good way to improve your line quality
After those 5 pages just do them as warm-ups
>>
>>2420639
>draw lines over and over.
lmao

You know, you can do all this while drawing normally instead of being an autistic fuck wasting your time
>>
You are supposed to practice circles while doing figure drawings.
>>
>>2421222

Exactly its not suppose to be something you do for a month straight, you do it a couple hours a week and as a warm up.
>>
What I do is do circles, spirals, eclipses, cubes, and other simple 3d shapes as a warm up every day before I start drawing.
>>
you ever tried drawing dicks from the shoulder all day? seems like another pointless exercise you would enjoy
>>
Doing it at the expense of other things is seriously fucking stupid and you'd probably learn twice as much doing it for 20 minutes a day and spending the other forty minutes actually drawing a subject. Do it as a warm-up exercise, or when you don't have time to do anything else, don't do it INSTEAD of learning to draw. I often draw straight lines and ellipses when I'm bored at work waiting for my shitty internet to load, for example. Work it in there.

You're not going to suddenly be able to draw people because you can draw a perfect circle, and even the benefits it will give to line confidence will only get so far if you don't actually apply it. Your confidence could completely vanish drawing figures you're unfamiliar with.
>>
>>2422176
dicks at least have form and volume to them, so it would actually be a far superior exercise to drawing flat circles all day.
>>
>>2421222
nice smooth sphere
what if OP did spheres instead of circles
THAT is important
>>
>>2420627
God that's a fucking hot circle.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.