[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm learning drawing, and one thing I'm a bit iffy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1456606002767.png (301KB, 436x721px) Image search: [Google]
1456606002767.png
301KB, 436x721px
I'm learning drawing, and one thing I'm a bit iffy on is color. when just doing random art, do you just use colored pencils? Like, what is something like this image colored with?
>>
>>2419656
>drawing
>color
that's rendering anon, not drawing

as to your question, you can use paint, colored pencils, pastels, or whatever else floats your boat for colors. you'll probably want to focus on the drawing aspects first before moving to color, but that's just my 2 cents

that particular image is almost certainly digital, but i might be wrong.
>>
>do you just use colored pencils
personally, I'm not a fan of traditional coloring. most I do is digital paint.

>this image colored with
It's CG. most likely.
If you want to achieve similar style, marker is good choice to start with. You can somehow do that with colored pencil but It will pain in the ass.
>>
>>2419658
I figured it was digital, so thinks for clearing it up. Like I said, I'm learning, so stuff like this is just coming to me to ask now. I'm practicing just base drawing as it is, before I do anything else or sink any money into it. I want to try digital, drawing with a tablet, but again, not going to chuck out cash for that until I'm sure I can produce something worthwhile on paper.
>>
>>2419659
How is digital drawing?

Do you use a tablet for it?
>>
>>2419665
Yes. I use Wacom Intuos 4.
Tablet quality doesn't matter; unless you are going to render serious fuck realism.
But you might get frustrated if you don't use tablet at all.
>>
>>2419672
I see, thanks for that. Wacom seems to be the big name in the business there.I've looked into it, and drawing on it while looking at a seperate computer screen seems like it would be really hard to do, is it?
>>
>>2419656
who drew that op, it's cute
>>
>>2419687
No idea, actually. I found it in some thread on /tg/, I think.
>>
>>2419686
>big name in the business
yes. Wacom is unarguably the best well known tablet company. it's quite good.

>seperate computer screen
Screen thing is confusing. however, biggest problem is that, tablet pen is completely different from traditional instruments. You have to feel the slippery sensation. it's not easy.

>really hard to do
It can be. or not. some people get along with it pretty fast, however other ones ( like me ) suffer terrible time doing so. I completely gave up doing line art via tablet. I just can't do it. I use tablet purely when coloring.
>>
>>2419698
So then you pencil draw your stuff, scan it, and then color it? I feel like I'd be in the same boat there, line drawing in that way seems like a hassle.
>>
>>2419700
yes. that's the way I do.
However I strongly advise to try line art via tablet at least for a month. there's pros and cons about separating line art and coloring.
good luck with your drawing.
>>
>>2419701
Thanks! Of course it's always best to try stuff out before throwing out the idea, thank you at least for answering my questions.
>>
>>2419701
One more question, either for you or anyone who may find this thread. What's the preferable tablet size for drawing? I'd think large, but that's, well, expensive, so how is medium, for first time use?
>>
>>2419707
The thing is, tablet pen moves on absolute coordinate. which means, if you want cursor to move right side of your screen, you have to point your tablet pen right side of your tablet either. position of pen is directly reflected on computer screen. like cell phone touch screen.

So, if you have small as fuck tablet, you can't do much about micro-movement. you gotta have to zoom in, zoom out, frequently change tablet option... yadi yada. which is pretty annoying. so theoretically, bigger is ALWAYS better.

there's some option for various tablet products. such as 1024 pressure sensitivity, touch ring... but personally, size is biggest consideration for tablet. any other option is so minor, and unimportant.
you should focus how big the tablet is, from affordable range.
>>
>>2419714
Forgot to mention recommended size.
I think, tablet smaller than A4 paper unavoidably brings pain and annoyance. because well, it's too small.
>>
File: img904.jpg (217KB, 1216x645px) Image search: [Google]
img904.jpg
217KB, 1216x645px
>>2419656
I used coloured pencils for quick life drawings, when poses change quick and I'm strapped for time. Pretty much only time I use them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.