[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What challenges and obstacles are present in the journey of being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What challenges and obstacles are present in the journey of being a creative professional?

How do you view the difference between a "creative vocation", like a designer, artist, musician or dancer - and a vocation where creativity isn't viewed as a main tool or focal resource, like advocacy and engieneering?
>>
File: 1455054137705.png (224KB, 575x540px) Image search: [Google]
1455054137705.png
224KB, 575x540px
Music, art and dance aren't a necessity, professions like engineering and medicine are.

Any chump can pick up a pencil/instrument etc and dick around, whereas legitimate vocations require significant specialized training to do properly. No one conducts cardiothoracic surgery as a hobby.

There is bad engineering and bad medicine but even a urinal can be considered art. Conversely, it's easy to know whether you've 'made it' as a professional in such careers. Incompetency in art can be considered subjective.

That said, there are a lot of seemingly 'non-creative vocations' that actually require plenty of creativity. Once you're heading your own lab and have designated all the grunt work to techs, PhD students and postdocs, it's all creativity at that point. We wouldn't make strides in science and technology if creative people in these fields didn't exist. I would even include design under this.

Entertainment has value, but not as much value as penicillin. One type of vocation is a luxury whose existence is dependent on the other creating a stable, comfortable, survivable life/economy/society.
>>
>>2414350
Nigga quit skipping your Risperdal
>>
File: 1 (2).jpg (8KB, 210x227px) Image search: [Google]
1 (2).jpg
8KB, 210x227px
>>2414354
lel
>>
>>2414350
That is all true but has absolutly nothing to do with what OP asked.
>>
I've already finished my first few steps towards working professionally and from the things I've been told by professors/professionals, I don't doubt that in the next two to five years I'll probably have a job somewhere at an animation or game production house. I do feel inadequate to savants, or people who are more skilled than I am at the same age, but everyone does what they can, so I understand who I am and what I can do.

It's important to do your best at all times and draw at least a little bit everyday.

I'm not as smart as an engineer, or a doctor. But these high-level careers are filled with people doing what they like to do. People pursue a certain career because they have a predisposition to that skillset; for me it was drawing and designing, for someone else it could be physics or mathematics. It makes no difference to me what people do, but rather how successful they are in what they do.
>>
>>2414360
>How do you view the difference...
>>
The biggest obstacles in Creative Professions are;

-Learning to receive criticism
-Being confident with your work
-Convincing other people that your work is good
-Prooving to your partner/parents that there can be a career in doing art
-Developing your own style
-Discovering and managing a public for your artwork
-Discipline to do your work

Some of these are applyable to other types of career, but art REQUIRES all of these.
>>
Self-doubt, self-pity, self-loathing, feeling inadequate, hating my art the instant I make a mistake, the list goes on.

I seem to very easily get down on myself as soon I see someone slightly better than me. I'm too afraid to mistakes on a personal project despite that being the only way to learn. I feel unable to move forward in my art journey because of these things. I start hating myself as soon as something I draw doesn't meet my expectations.
>>
>>2414350
art is important because it allows for clear information, saves times and can help in learning in simplified illustrations. But okay. you have a dumb opinion because you lack the spark of creativity.

Art is how we got to know some of the things we know from ancient times. It's what promoted the renaissance. So it has historic value as well. Art as in the past changed opinions and created great propaganda. but okay art is useless.

Art can lift someones mood, convey information faster, make someone happy and help them meditate, helping them in other fields. Art can give you relative measurement and help you judge distances helping you if you work with your hands, but okay, art is uselsss.

Art can help you create models to see what happens to societies under certain conditions, it helps us understand evolutionary paths through algorithms with 3d, but art is useless.

Art is fun, and fun is good for you no matter what you think, but okay. art is useless,

While im adding stuff, music can help some people concentrate, but okay, music is useless. Dance can make people exercise and give them health to live longer, better lives, but okay, dance is useless.

If something is truly useless, it will eventually perish. But these facts are constant between all cultures.
>>
>>2417615
Jolly good my boy. tut tut
>>
>>2417615
this post is a work of art
>>
Money. So little money to be made unless youre lucky.
>>
>>2419593
Or the most money-to-effort ratio you can make without breaking any laws or winning the lotto.

Art is for people who like extremes, not baselines.
>>
>>2417615
apparently art hobbyists also have poor reading comprehension.

nothing in that post mentioned anything about use, only about necessity.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.