[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it work for Japanese artists only making illustrations

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 8ccc2b37b0e73996e63f441de41972af.jpg (335KB, 823x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8ccc2b37b0e73996e63f441de41972af.jpg
335KB, 823x1200px
How does it work for Japanese artists only making illustrations like Houtengeki?

The guy always does ton of drawings of characters that seems to be his OCs, and pretty high quality at that, which kind of cancel the commission possibility for most of them. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have something like a Patreon. I sometimes saw on boorus scans of drawing of his I never saw on his art sites, which this time does seems to be commissioned works, but is that really all he does to get money?
>>
>>2411679
she's cute.

dat thigh
>>
>>2411679
He is probably hired in the industry and these are what he draws on the side. Maybe he has an agent or is part of a studio or just talks directly to the right people.
>>
She thick af senpai
>>
>>2411679
According to his Pixiv profile he's a NEET looking for a job http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=93360
>>
>>2413968
>According to his Pixiv profile he's a NEET looking for a job
>According to his Pixiv
Ayyy, autist. Most professional artists who works in studio have "Occupation:Seeking employment".
>>
>>2413979
>Seeking employmen

Code word for NEET
>>
>>2413982
Dude, he's litterally better than 100% of /ic/, and for once that's not a meme. He sells two illustrations set of 500 yens on Pixiv too, considering his popularity he must get a pretty good amount of money from this (the OP's pic will probably will one for another set).

Several pics on the booru shows he did illustrations for magazines as well. He's nowhere near being a NEET.
>>
>>2415407
>Dude, he's litterally better than 100% of /ic/

He is mikufag tier you're telling me that mikufag is better than the majority of /ic/? Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>2415409
>mikufag tier
/pol/ pls go away fom /ic/
>>
File: 44075306_p0.jpg (411KB, 1500x1410px) Image search: [Google]
44075306_p0.jpg
411KB, 1500x1410px
>>2415409
Sure anon, keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>2415409
He's automatically better than most because
a) he finishes work
b) he gets paid

Note that better means a better artist as in realizing 'the dream' of living off art. Technical skill is only applicable to a point in this discussion. On a technical skill level, he isn't much but shit.. people who are worse get paid more.
>>
>>2415413
This shit looks like every animu drawing ever
>>
>>2415415
> On a technical skill level, he isn't much

Retard.
>>
>>2415415
>arguing with weekly /pol/tards
>>
>>2415415
>Technical skill

Can you elaborate as to what this means and possibly provide images to defend this meaning?
>>
>>2415407
>he's litterally better than 100% of /ic/, and for once that's not a meme
lel
>>
>>2411978
This is actually very plausible, contrary to the west japanese people have many offline job opportunities for animu art and most try
to get a job there, actually a lot of the better japanese artists don't even have any kind of online gallery.

Also
>commissions
Almost no japanese artist do commissions because they have proper marketplaces online and offline to sell their own work, something that the
west doesn't have. Commissions are a plague that hinders creativity and i can't wait for it to go away from the west too, patrion kind of helped but a proper
online marketplace will do wonders.
>>
>>2415505
> Commissions are a plague that hinders creativity

That's a really fucking stupid mindset, might as well the same for anything like working in a studio where you doesn't work alone. Japanese artists are always limited to stuffs like their editor's demands or if they're working with a scenarist.

Also, here are Houtengeki's notes on his Pixiv :

マイピク申請はお断りしています。(( ゚ω゚ )゚ω゚ )))
お仕事の依頼やご相談は上記アドレスへ
お仕事を依頼される際は
・内容、詳細
・報酬額
・納期
等明記して下さい。
(進化、差分等を含む御依頼は
お受け出来ませんのであらかじめご了承下さい。)
個人の方からの依頼は現在お受けしておりません。

From what Google translation is telling me, he DOES do commissions.
>>
>>2415513
>might as well the same for anything like working in a studio where you doesn't work alone
The problem i have with it is that in japan it's as easy to make money by selling your work like making comics, small one guy eroge etc (granted that you are good enough)
as it is to work in a studio, the thing with the west is that there are no proper ways to sell your work without shit like
patrion and commissions, forcing artists to do commissions when they don't really want to and have their original projects as side activities because they can't mass sell them properly.
>>
>>2415505
>Commissions are a plague
99% old masters works - commissions
>>
>>2415525
> the thing with the west is that there are no proper ways to sell your work without shit like

Eh, that's true, but also have nothing to do with removing commissions. They've been here since the beginning of art and will never disapear.
>>
>>2415526
>>2415528
I didn't really mean it in that way, i am just angry at the situation, artists who want to do commissions will do them, it's just bullshit trying to
sell your art in the west without being part of some sketchy "network" and shit.
>>
>>2415535
I think commissions are fine because it's an easy way to quickly get money, just give some criterias and you're good. Comics are way longer works. Your point still stands though, but popularity always worked like that for anything.

Patreon already gives a pretty good alternative to do those solo works now too.
>>
>>2415535
There are no rules, just tools
>>
>>2415540
Patrion is just a tipping jar if you don't sugarcoat it, you have to do shit like rewards and work on it constantly.
I am a semi hobbyist, i don't have to make a living with my comics but i still work hard on them almost as much as a professional would,
so i would love a way to put them up for sale and go one with my life, did they make some money? good, they didn't? tough shit, next time i'll make something better, this is what i want.
>>
>>2411679
I never got the appeal of anime noses. They always look off center and misshapen to me.
>>
>>2415407
thank goodness that vagina was whited out or else this image would be really sexually explicit. like many men i get deeply offended when I see even a suggestion of the hole I want to dip my dick in.
>>
>>2415571
You can sell zip files on deviantArt for only 20% fee. I think it's the best marketplace to sell art in west. But, can't have explicit sex, only Ecchi and more tame fetishes.
>>
>>2419611
I don't know if you're acting retarded or you think it's done to appease some SJW boogeyman, but in Japan genitalia needs to be censored because of the law.
>>
File: 1432467352734.jpg (2MB, 3903x2603px) Image search: [Google]
1432467352734.jpg
2MB, 3903x2603px
>>2415417
just like how this looks like every traditional painting ever amirite
>>
>>2421016
that forearm is huge, must be her fapping arm
>>
>>2421016
left girl is literally raping the other one with that gaze, problematic, to say the least.
>>
>>2421016
SYMBOL DRAWING
>>
File: CTl1Q2LVAAAl5az.jpg (112KB, 600x773px) Image search: [Google]
CTl1Q2LVAAAl5az.jpg
112KB, 600x773px
>>2421086
>futa
>>
>>2420739
I thought that only applied to works being sold for commercial profit. Would you really get in trouble with the law for placing uncensored artwork on your blog?
>>
>>2421317
Are you stupid or something? Can't you see this pic is a scan of a magazine, hence the text?
>>
>>2421111

NEEDS LOOMIS
>>
File: 1456592933042.png (115KB, 268x637px) Image search: [Google]
1456592933042.png
115KB, 268x637px
>>2421119
>futa
>not trap

shaking my head to be honest, fampai.
>>
>>2421091
Agreed, that is too lewd.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.