[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I put in the effort to make art without technically being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: cant wake up.png (88KB, 366x201px) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up.png
88KB, 366x201px
How do I put in the effort to make art without technically being good at drawing and such? I'm making progress with drawing and studying books and things, but I'm too old to not have a body of work, whether it's shit or not. I like being able to look back at the work I've done and see that I have grown and am better at art than I was back then. However I'm so worked up over making shit art that I simply don't make anything at all. I want this to go, I want to be able to pick up a pencil and be brave enough to make crappy shit
>>
You dont even need to draw to be an amazing artist of art.
You can use clay, photogtaphs, film, wood, collage i dont care as long as you are creative.
Dont look at the things you can't do, look at the things you can and dont be a sad sack of shit because you cant move a pencil as well as others.
>>
>>2399757
The key to getting over making bad art is to not think, just go and draw. You have to stop thinking honestly. I think everyone feels this way a lot of the time, but if you put more time into drawing and being ok with making stuff that won't be good at first, then you're on the right track to actually getting good.

If you get hung up on not wanting to make bad drawings that it cripples you from actually drawing, then I promise you you will never make any improvements.

Just draw, simple as that.
>>
>>2399757
This is literally why most people fail. You have to be willing to make shit for a sold 2-5 years.

All the time you spend complaining about it, wishing you were better, you could be drawing more shit.

>I'm too old to not have a body of work
No your not. You don't deserve to have a body of work... you haven't actually done the work.
>>
>>2399757

There is no way you're ever going to make it. This is the worst, most entitled attitude I've ever seen in a wannabe drawer.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.