[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the comfiest grip ever. Is there any way to do something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: drawing-overhand-grip.jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
drawing-overhand-grip.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
This is the comfiest grip ever. Is there any way to do something like it on a tablet?
>>
The overhand grip was, traditionally, designed to get a student used to painting with their shoulder and focusing more on accuracy - basically, making them uncomfortable so the have to pay close attention to get the result they desired without being lazy or quick and "chicken scratching" the paint to the destination on a vertical canvas. We don't have that with digital; we have a small pad, which means we don't particularly need our shoulder (as much) and you're likely just going to go back to pen-holding. You may be able to find a specialized pen nibs for it, but it'll be uncomfortable and awkward.
>>
any grip that isn't writing grip is an evidence that society lets the cripple and degenerates to become artists.
>>
>>2397177
might work with a sensel tablet, could just overlay the surface with paper and draw on it with overhand grip like you normally would, but you'd have to use tilt-enabled brushes in photoshop.

Also, the tablet is tiny and it's a kickstarter project.
>>
File: overhand_up.jpg (14KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
overhand_up.jpg
14KB, 400x287px
>>2397177
Wrong way senpai

Patrician grip reporting
>>
>>2397308

And look you brought your Patrician fingernails with you.
>>
>>2397308
That's retarded.
>>
>>2397308
>Patrician
Nope. Bottom two fingers touch the paper for support, they don't hold the pencil.
>>
>>2397562
Sexist.
>>
>>2397594
WTF?

So either you drag your fingers all over the paper, or you can only cover about a 2 inch area.
>>
>>2397308

that's a picture of the overhand grip from the bottom view
>>
>>2397308
kill yourself in front of your children
>>
I've only ever found the overhand grip comfy when drawing at an upright easel.
I feel like I have to put my arm in such a weird position to draw properly on horizontal or inclined surfaces.
>>
File: 20160214_223136.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160214_223136.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I still hold mine like a retarded wizard casting a spell.
>>
>>2397177
what kind of pencil?
>>
>>2399069
for normies you are a retard wizard casting spells
>>
>>2399073
Is calling somebody a normie some new meme I'm not aware of?
>>
>>2399081
non artist ppl are normie for artist
non ...
wtf I am doing explaining this to you normie, get out or lurk more before commenting
>>
>>2399138
You do know that you're one of the reason that this place is worse than /lit/ right?
>>
>>2397196
I-is this real? I hated the overhand grip for all of these reasons.
>>
>>2398976
>So either you drag your fingers all over the paper

Do you hover over the paper? Don't do that.
>>
Yesterday I saw this weird kind of pen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJyIYcEcGQ I guess you could do a grip like this ?
>>
File: 1455430210473s2.jpg (53KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1455430210473s2.jpg
53KB, 250x187px
>>2399450
uknowwhatimean ?
>>
>>2399450
that's an oblique nib holder, it's designed like that so when you hold the pen the nib sits at the appropriate angle for cursive calligraphy styles like Copperplate and Spencerian. Something like that seems highly impractical for a tablet or drawing in general, since the tip of the pen doesn't really correspond to where the tip of your pencil would be in a grip like that. Not to mention it looks clunky as fuck.
>>
File: katsuya.jpg (222KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
katsuya.jpg
222KB, 1000x667px
>>2397196
What's wrong with chicken scratching?
>>
File: 310311-alt.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
310311-alt.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>2399455
compass masterrace coming through
>>
>>2399477
i hope thats not pic related
>>
>>2399477
That's not chicken scratching, idiot.
>>
>>2399487
You can clearly see the feathering lines on the left figure, idiot.
>>
>>2399492
chicken scratching has nothing to do with feathering.
>>
Writting grip is the best.
>>
>>2399492
Dude, don't compare a clearly professional level artist's techniques to your own. They're doing everything on purpose, meanwhile you're most likely avoiding training your line control.
>>
>>2399477
That isn't chicken scratching family, that's deliberate lost lines or feathering. If anything that takes even more line confidence than normal to do.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.