[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the point of getting gud if nobody knows who you are? Pic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

File: CYqLHiCUAAIyw2i.png (302KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CYqLHiCUAAIyw2i.png
302KB, 600x600px
Whats the point of getting gud if nobody knows who you are?
Pic related is an AMAZING illustration but nobody know who's the artist.
I've already reverse image search it and nothing came up, you guys are wrong, marketing > loomis
>>
>>2364993
let me guess, you're still in high school if you think that's good.
go back to tumblr, sis.
>>
>>2364995
>being this new
the gesture of the characters are flowing nicely with the composition, its a very good illustration
>>
>>2365000
... i'm not even going to respond to that. welcome to my hidden thread folder.
>>
getting good is the first step to being well known attaching yourself to a style without knowledge of basic fundamentals won't get you far considering your restricted to a certain "style" and it only means you're not a good artist within industry standards.

what people want in the industry are people who are adaptable and can draw differently when the demand asks for it. Your employers wouldn't care if you're popular on tumblr or deviantart they're after adaptability and the ability to meet deadlines you'd actually be surprised that there aren't a lot of good artists in the industry there are just artists that get the job done.
>>
>>2364993
Because there's 1 niggzilion people better than that.
>>
If I see that fucking skeleton one more time
>>
File: 1451729132073.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1451729132073.png
276KB, 586x634px
I don't even know if this is bait or not.
>>
>>2365007

Don't worry anon, tumblr will find something else soon. Then you'll wish you still had undertale to be mad about.
>>
File: 1444538987053.jpg (143KB, 869x558px) Image search: [Google]
1444538987053.jpg
143KB, 869x558px
>>2364993
Oversaturation is a thing to remember. Sans and Frisk/Chara fighting is something that's going to pop up a lot, so you end up seeing really good pieces and really bad ones. Artists who get acclaim for their work, and artists who get snubbed. There's just a lot of people enthralled by Sans, the concept, or Undertale in general and adding to the pile isn't going to shake the foundation.

When you draw fanart, you run into that risk. You will either shine out as one of the popular artists or you just become another unknown for a fanart folder, no matter how good or bad you are. This is usually due to how long it takes to get into the fandom, too.
Throughout every thing I've followed and enjoyed of varying degrees, from Zelda to Dark Souls, FLCL to Kill la Kill, 8-Bit Theater to Homestuck, and Cave Story to Undertale, I will inevitably find art that was really good but forgotten, or really bad but a fan favorite. And the flipped idea is true, as well. It's just what happens when you throw your ideas into the ring of something that is getting a lot of attention. It's really hard to try and overcome what has already come forward.

It's why drawing fanart should be appealing to you first before it becomes some way to "get popular". If you draw fanart to get popular, you are either going to look like a tool or you'll run the high risk of being completely overshadowed regardless. Draw it to just enjoy the process or have a record for yourself of how much you enjoyed a thing. If you do it like that, I guarantee you'll get more results out of the heart of the piece than the followers you amass. If the artist in the OP keeps chipping away at their art and producing, they're going to get better at what they do. And getting better at their skill is a worthwhile goal to have, not popularity.
>>
File: tumblr_nv1sozDvTy1qm88abo1_540.jpg (94KB, 537x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv1sozDvTy1qm88abo1_540.jpg
94KB, 537x810px
>>2364993
See this is what you get for that stupid don't sign sketches rule
>>
>>2364993
>AMAZING illustration
tumblr pls go
>>
Holy shit are you guys literally that fucking jelly of the artist in the OP.
>>
>>2365056
read the fucking thread, no one except OP is that stupid.
>>
>>2365039
cute spider
>>
>>2365058
The whole thread's stupid except for OP and me, i actually like the atmosphere and the impact of the work.
>>
>>2364993
It is hard to read the image, the thumbnail reads but in full size it is difficult to read
>>
>>2365064
>everyone but OP and me

You both have shit taste.
Pic is shit. deal with it
>>
File: 1436987343663.jpg (89KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436987343663.jpg
89KB, 333x500px
>>2364993
>Pic related is an AMAZING illustration but nobody know who's the artist.

Just because something in your opinion is "AMAZING!!!111" doesnt mean it is for everyone else. I think the pic in OP looks like shit, doesnt read from the thumbnail at all and even at full size after staring at it for 2 mins I still cant tell wtf is even going on
>>
>>2365097
>its undertale so its awful
>>>/v/
>>
>>2365088
>undertale is shit deal with it
fixed that for you
>>
>>2365098
Wtf are you even talking about, what "undertale" anon? Is this some animu thing that Im not getting?
>>
>>2365098
>anything undertale is AMAZING
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>2364993
everyone redraw OP's pic so that it reads better.
could be a neat exercise
>>
>>2365124
please honestly tell me how old you are.
>>
It's the artist's fault for not putting a huge watermark in the middle of the pic with his DA/tumblr/insta address
>>
>>2364993

it's a nice image. it could be improved upon, but it's not absolute shit, either. you guys realize you don't have to go to either extreme just to make a point, right? loomis isn't going to rise from the dead and shit on your paintings if you give a nuanced critique about a random piece of fanart.
>>
>>2365097
This. I don't care about the subject matter but I'very been staring at this picture for like a full minute and still can't figure out what's going on
>>
>>2364993
If reverse image search doesn't find the artist, then maybe the artist didn't want to be associated with this fanart drawing? Ever thought of that? I mean, this has nothing to do with a lack of marketing but with the artist simply not having uploaded this image anywhere under their name.
>>
>>2365181
Im pretty sure the artist posts his work in his tumblr or pixiv. If hes asian then theres no chance in hell you'll be able to track him since the asian art market is competitive as hell and talent like his is bottom tier to what asians are capable of.

he probably got less than 100 views in his art page etc.
>>
>>2364993
This illustration is flowing. Everywhere you see, the whole artwork just screams movement.
This is pro tier crap, he's probably an SK animator with a fancy art cert.
Still, OP makes sense when it comes to notoriety. You either git gud and be forgotten or you stir shit and people remember who you are.
Leave the industry now if youre not asian.
>>
>>2365215
>le if you're not ruan jia just abandon art altogether meme
I love this meme, up there with >le using references mean you're shit meme
>>
>>2365033

Sensible and underrated post.

...also seriously, people could have stopped with Undertale already.
>>
>>2365232

Ruan a shit. Kim jung gi a shit.

/ic/ has most pleb taste. Half of it never heard about Moebius and practically nobody says anything about western illustrators, they all salivate to cunt-eyes.
>>
>>2365263

That looks like shit. Anyone who's been studying art seriously for even 2 years should be able to easily replicate that.

You're on the same level as assholes who squeeze paint out of their assholes and call it art.
>>
>>2365056
Don't go down to OP's level of stupid, anon.
>>
Okay first of all
The picture isn't that amazing. You could make something of equal quality with like 3 or so years of study. Probably not even that. There's really not much to it.
And second of all git gud doesn't mean get popular it means git gud
And most people here focus on both the business side of art as well as the skill wise
You can't have one without the other but this is /ic/ not /biz/ so the discussion is primarily art wise.
>>
File: 9zD7LzO.jpg (775KB, 2068x1622px) Image search: [Google]
9zD7LzO.jpg
775KB, 2068x1622px
>>2365289

Well, Kim apparently can't because in his larger pieces he has absolutely no sense of fundamentals of composition (bar the one piece that he did that looked like SE flag).

And no, trust me, they can't. He is a guy who did lines for this piece 30 years ago. He is famous for his detailed work.

Your tastes and eyes a shit.
>>
>>2365306
Not him, but I guess that artist must have really regressed skill wise. Why do plebs like you always judge art based on whether they like the artist in question and never actually think for themselves and judge the artwork based on its own merits?

>>2365306 looks great
>>2365263 looks like utter shit

Doesn't matter if it was done by the same artist. A good artist can still produce bad work, you retarded fanboy.
>>
File: IMG_0969.jpg (205KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0969.jpg
205KB, 768x1024px
>>2365368

You aren't fair in your judgment, there's a difference in format between those two works and also rendering or lack of thereof clouds your judgement.

It's also a matter of style, one is more "rugged" and second is more clean. A guy can work in both styles, but you are saying "this is shit" because it just simply doesn't adhere to your tastes.

I really dare someone after 2 years of practice produce such detailed scene like the one with those zombies.

My point was though - see how you can in all of those pieces orient yourself on the picture, how your eyes is drawn immediately to some areas and lines and even though they are very detailed, you aren't (very) lost in them.

It's the opposite with the cunt-eye work. He makes pieces where he abuses fish lens, but other than that usually draws out of perspective and with 0 composition. Someone posted his work with people dancing in the centre of the picture - guess what - you couldn't even read that at first, all blended with everything else.
>>
i've been looking at op pic for about 3 minutes now and i have no clue where it starts and where it fucking ends
what is even occuring here?
>>
>>2365458
Sans the slacker skeleton is murdering the sexually ambiguous main character of Undertale with his bone attacks while embracing xir in a some sort of formal dancing pose. I think it's supposed to be sentimental and kind of lewd
>>
>>2365391
>but you are saying "this is shit" because it just simply doesn't adhere to your tastes.

It's shit because it has terrible line weight and no hierarchy of details. The rocks furtherst in the back have the same line weight and detail density as the zombies furthest in the foreground. It's absolutely terrible. I didn't even notice the guy standing in front of those zombies until I looked at it for like the tenth time.

>It's the opposite with the cunt-eye work.

heh, it really is no wonder that someone who hates KJG's work has such terrible taste in art and knows nothing about drawing and inking.
>>
>>2365391
>>2365306
>>2365263
2/10 made me respond
>>
What is it about the drawing that makes it read so fucking poorly? The colors are distinct. It's pretty simple, other than the bone confetti there's not a whole lot going on. But for some reason I can only make it out after a long and careful contemplation. Is it because the values are close in the central area and the red blood confuses with the red stripes on the shirt?
>>
>>2365391
Also, these older drawings of that guy are WORLDS apart from that shit tier zombie drawing. This has nothing to do with muh style either. My only explanation is that the poor man has gone senile or something. I mean, if he's worked with Moebius 30 years ago, he's probably in his 70s.
>>
File: 1449411431557.jpg (45KB, 638x569px) Image search: [Google]
1449411431557.jpg
45KB, 638x569px
>>2364993
>AMAZING illustration
OK.
>>
>>2365493

>>2365493
Poor silhouette and poor composition makes it difficult for the reader to know where to look. It has no flow
>>
>>2365490

You must be blind, zombies have a lot thiner lines than rock formations and depth/volumes of the drawing are easily seen. Composition is also good, if you'd outline those group of zombies you could draw triangle pointing at the main character in the drawing.

KJG is overhyped because of his drawing process, everyone ignores that he spams fish lens and just draws shit on top of each other until the drawing is unrecognizable.
>>
>>2365536
>zombies have a lot thinner lines than rock formations
But that's part of the problem. The foreground should have the most visual weight. And while the zombies do point toward the fighter, he's lost in all of those fucking stones.
>>
>>2364993
>tumblr shit
killyourself
>>
>>2365575

It's really not, considering that those stones are specifically drawn in such a way to tower over the crowd and characters.

MC is drawn below them, but in a clearance so he isn't unseen in a landscape. Also lines from rock formations directly above him point towards him, drawing more attention to him.
>>
>>2365607
It's a bad drawing you fuck stop grasping at straws. Linewidth is fucking everywhere and so are the values and composition.
>>
>>2364993
...because you want to produce good work? I wouldn't want to be well known for shitty drawings appreciated only by plebs.
>>
>>2365612
this is exactly it. Too many of you idiots just want to be famous or make bank like sakimichan.

Stop worrying about that faggot shit. Just make art and if it's good people will like it. or they won't. Who the fuck cares.
>>
>>2365607
I was talking about the pebbles, not the mountains. If there were more blank space in the valley, the drawing would read much better.
>>
Because you are not getting gud to be famous you dickhead. People like you are cancerous fucks and should kill themselves. Artists who are good know that fame can't bring them happines.
>>
I like Undertale, but most of the fanart is quick sketchy shit that fanartists pull to get more notes on their tumblr since its the flavor of the month, ops pic included

honestly, its just as bad as the homestuck fandom
>>
File: no sauce.jpg (101KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
no sauce.jpg
101KB, 400x400px
It's funny because that artist has actually said their current skill level is still rather lacking. But you knew that all along didn't you OP? I can only guess you're posting Undertale because you love seeing that little favicon light up.
>>
>>2365025
right?
>>
>>2364993
Sounds like you got dunked on
>>
>>2364993
Except it's pretty easy to find them. Took me less than a minute.
https://twitter.com/_22o22
I think the artist is pretty good btw
>>
>>2369436
>http://22o22.tumblr.com
looks like they have a decent following too
>>
>>2365263
moebius is dated as fuck
>>
>>2364993
They made him too tall
0/10 wouldn't fuck
>>
>>2365033
This is a great post
>>
>>2365536
>fish lens
he draws in natural perspective instead of following a grid based method, fish lens would still be using a grid, just with curved lines.
>>
>>2365536
>everyone ignores that he spams fish lens

What do you mean? His handling of perspective is one of his biggest strengths and no one ignores that. Not sure why curvelinear perspective triggers you so much, but KJG draws a lot from life and that's just how the human eye actually sees. Slightly exaggerated, but still.
>>
>>2365490
>heh

kill yourself
>>
>>2365137
>>
What OP trying to tell us is, if you wish to be known you first have to create a following and to do that you have to draw lots of shit fanart.
>>
File: 1378085408821.png (13KB, 107x180px) Image search: [Google]
1378085408821.png
13KB, 107x180px
>>2365006
This. And on top of that there's a whole new gen of people trying to make it.
>>
File: 1438997833972.jpg (118KB, 795x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1438997833972.jpg
118KB, 795x1004px
>AMAZING illustration
it's boring and uninspiring tumblr tier shit. A step up from the average inflation fetish DA tier shit, but still far from amazing. Also this thread is bait.
>>
>>2370279
Theres this guy from /pol/ that riles up butthurt autists whenever his art is posted.
His stuff is all OC
>>
>>2364993
Is nice, but to be honest is not "AMAZING". SANS pose looks stiff because the gesture could be pushed more, also the drawing looks kinda flat. Look at Frisk's right shoe, is not even good. You can easily spot an artist that doesn't know much how to handle perspective if both feet are flat which means they are resting on the horizon line/eye level (doesn't seem so) or just lacking perspective.

The overall drawing is good, kinda interesting to see but nothing amazing.
>>
>>2365117
it's a videogame out on steam. it's pretty good if you like rpgs and are part of the anime-childhood-then-discovered-internet generation
>>
>>2365033
real talk from anon fills my heart with determination.
>>
>>2369436
>ching chong undertale meme city

oh god
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.