[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate myself. From my ealiest years until 6th grade i was considered

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (21KB, 352x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 352x262px
I hate myself. From my ealiest years until 6th grade i was considered great at art. I was training for a top art high school in nyc when god damn puberty struck so i said fuck art and went after girls. Now i started practicing again but ive already graduated hs and am in a shit college. Is it to late to become a pro? Did i fuck up what could been an amazing life?
>>
Sounds like you didn't love art. If you continued, you would have just quit to chase girls or money in your twenties.

Now you're mature enough to stick with it. The question has always been "are you mature enough to become pro?". Age has nothing to do with this--it's a mindset.

Or think about it this way: You're ~20 and you'll live till ~80. If I say you're too old, are you just going to sit on your ass for 60 years and not draw?
>>
>>2330913
Good point thanks.
>>
>>2330913
Drawing depends on your brain.
>age has nothing to do with it.

I bet you believe Betty Edwards bullshit
>>
>>2330982
>>2330982
Brain plasticity, or whatever else you're going to pull out of your ass has about as much an effect on your ability to get good as genetics/thyroid have on most fat people.

OP asked about becoming a pro, which is something that anyone who is alive and has 5 years can do provided they are healthy enough to move their joints with the proper degrees of motion.

Maybe if OP wanted to be the greatest that will ever lived he would have to worry about getting maximum performance at age 3. But the difference between becoming pro-level and being an art deity is the same as the gap between the fastest and slowest Formula 1 car on the track, having 64GB vs 32 on a gaming PC, or 5th and 4.5th generation fighter jets. None of those "losers" should be thrown in the trash, or consider their challenge impossible.

Worrying about brain age, plasticity, etc is just maximum autism that should be saved for the very end of your improvement curve where any increase in skill requires an asymptotic increase in effort. OP should just think about the best he can do. For him, and just about anyone else on this board who asks "Am I too old? ;_; ", their best effort is plenty enough to get as good as they dream to be.
>>
>>2331371
Wow, gonna have to give you mad respect before the eventual shitpost happens
>>
>>2331371
Wow thanks. Thats a great answer.
>>
>>2330982
Most healthy people's brains don't start noticably deteriorating until well into their 40s or 50s and the reason why they are deteriorating is mostly because people stop using their brain to solve creative and logical problems. That's why professors, intellectuals, artists, writers etc tend to stay sharp even in very old age. I can't think of any writer or artist that peaked in his early 20s and then got consistently worse as they got older.

In fact, the vast majority of professional artists lose their motor skills due to old age long before their brain becomes the problem. You can see that with Vilppu right now. His mind is still as sharp as ever, but his hands are shacky and his motor skills are slowly leaving him.
>>
>are you mature enough to become pro?
no

>Did i fuck up what could been an amazing life?
yes
>>
>>2331371
>>2331390
thank you. I hate it when idiots try to use 'decreased brain plasticity' as a reason why anyone over the age of 25 can't git gud. It's been disproved, and even if it WERE true, you don't have to be at peak condition to move forward.
>>
Here's an idea op, why don't you fuck off and practice instead of doubting yourself and wanting people to reaffirm your decision.
>>
File: 1451354390800.jpg (38KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
1451354390800.jpg
38KB, 450x495px
>From my ealiest years until 6th grade i was considered great at art.

literally who cares? If you heard anyone say "that looks like a talented 6th grader drew it" would you be flattered?

you've got plenty of time to get better and I'm willing to bet you weren't very good in sixth grade anyway, very very few "good" middleschool artists were any good.
>>
I love the people who cite brain plasticity and pretend like people are completely incapable of learning a new skill after like 16.

What the fuck did you know at 16? Does anyone even realize how many people end up doing work 100% unrelated to what they were doing in highschool? Why is it that most people undergo the actual useful training for their life in their 20s if they're just incapable of retaining any new information past their teens?

Hope your parents played Mozart for you when you were a baby or you'll never make it.
>>
>>2331612
Completely agree. I think many of those people probably talk from what they think is experience. If you spent your 20s only playing World of Warcraft and watching anime, you will feel like your brain has gone to shit and you can't learn new things anymore. However they fail to realize that this has nothing to do with brain plasticity, but with the fact that they simply stopped stimulating their brain in meaningful ways. Our brain works kind of like a muscle, you exercise it and it gets stronger. You overtrain and you burn out, you don't exercise it at all and it becomes lazy and weak.
>>
>>2331609
I ment i was better than most my age and was traing and on track to get into a top art hs in nyc. Pretty much i was explaining how i fucking ruined many great opportunities for a life as a pro artist.
>>
>>2332357

You didn't ruin shit, stop being such a self-pitying faggot and just start drawing.
Many people draw all through their teens and don't learn a damn thing until their 20s anyway.
>>
>>2332367
Ur right. Im gonna train my ass off and become pro. Ive been goin to the Met every week imaging what being a pro artist aould be like and im gonna do it. Thanks man. You inspired me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.