[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my friend's draw, he makes pretty sick drawings, and the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

my friend's draw, he makes pretty sick drawings, and the interesting part, is that he is color-blind. the name of this drawing is R2Dead2
>>
>>2307510
Wouldn't your picture been more convincing to your case if that piece had been in color?
>>
this has a little more color
>>
>>
>>2307518
>>
>>2307525
This is p nice
>>
>>2307510
"your friend's" art is typical teenage symbol drawing. Go be an immigrant somewhere else.
>>
>>2307547
Do you even know what symbol drawing means?
>>
>>2307553
nope sir, can you tell me?
>>
>>2307547
where i should go?
>>
>>2307547
Lol please don't miss use the term "symbol drawing". His friend is obviously not symbol drawing. There is clear understanding of form and things wrapping around and going back into space in OP's picture.
>>
>>2307554
thats so fucking great. BUT at the same time i feel that its so easy to ruin this picture by coloring it.
>>2307547
>is typical teenage
>BECAUSE GROWN UPS DRAW ANIME GIRLS AMRIITE? XDDD
>>
>>2307588
I agree with anon. While his subject matter is kind of interesting, everything he draws is flat and his shapes in the Spawn and Mickey Mouse images are especially flat.
>>
>>2307553
>>2307554
>>2307556
>>2307588
>>2307588

symbol drawing means you draw things without a clear understanding of their form and volume, using the representation of those things in your head. What I mean by that is, you've probably never opened an anatomy book. Or any book about drawing and painting, for that matter. Do studies instead of improvising. I'm not denying the fact that you know how to make something look 3D, I'm pointing out the fact that you have no idea what a ribcage, wrinkles, legs arms or hips look like. So go be an immigrant and steal some Loomis.
>>
>>2307624

Picture in OP is in no way symbol drawing.
>>
this is some highschool tier art in here.
>>
>>2307666
These legitimately remind me of my 15 year old self's style, right down to the obnoxious over texturing/ wrinkles to make it look extra edgy.
>The feels
>>
What markers does he use? I especially like the bold outline but have a tendency to be too conservative.
>>
>>2307624
>oh no someone draws something different!
>better call them an immigrant because art and drawing is about anatomy

stop being a whiny fag it looks good. its called art and being an artist doesn't mean you can't do symbol or nonsymbol art..this isn't the fucking renaissance
>>
File: 1444886662519-christian.jpg (175KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
1444886662519-christian.jpg
175KB, 1200x807px
Damn son tell your friend that he can render up some edgy-done-right details that's my favorite kind of style, had he ever considered doing high detailed work like comics, tattooing, heavy illustration or a career. Since he's colour-blind I don't think he'll ever paint or color, that's kind if a blessing because he can focus on drawing instead. I like to do that too.

The sad thing for me is I wold really like to reach that level of detail, regardless of the learning books i have sitting on my desk, no matter what that level for me is what I call to myself Made It, like a finish line, set for life.
Sadder for me that I commit myself I'm bottlenecked by my mental ability to render rather than drawing skills everyone talks about, I hope to god I can over go it.
>>2311535
>>2307632
This
>>2307666
Not even my highschool self can do this, Just like >>2307593 said. I once knew two different people similar to this level of detail, a stoner and someone who hided their power levels. Like hidden influences.
Also fuck you Satan.
>>
>>2307525
I'm not really a fan, but I do appreciate this redesign. Its subtle changes make a big difference.
>>
File: 2348198-capn_crunch.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2348198-capn_crunch.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
I like it. Tell your friend that I'll sneak into his has and caress his dong with my face and as I'm blowing in his peehole I'll whisper "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

Pic Related
>>
>>2307547
>le high school drawing xD

lol OP's friend's stuff is one of the few lots of art I've seen on this dogshit board that could actually make money from being used as a design or a tattoo or something of the like, he's doing way better than these faggots sinking themselves deeper and deeper into depression as they post more shitty naked people and blurry undefined paintings of nothing and fucking sad anime bullshit or whatever. Tell your friend he makes some gnarly shit and that he could have a great future as a comic artist or tattoo artist or a designer for like skateboard decks or something. This board is full of hipsters anyways.
>>
>>2313611
This again. Variety stands out the crowd over the sea of shit.

Your reasons are why I quited browsing /ic/. Because I would rather focus on understanding to think first, knowledge later.
>>
>>2313989
>why i quit
>still here
>>
>>2307532
>>2307528
>>2307510
Check out "Popped Culture" by Luvisi, it's similar.
>>
>>2313611
I make this kind of shit and have never done form drawing or any of that yet (still in hs so ill get there) but I feel confident that the accessible yet unique style that I've developed sets me apart from the oversaturated field regardless of technical skill
>>
I have always found shit like this really boring and gross. I have no idea why anyone likes it?

It's even worse when you see faggots walking around with shit like this on their graphic tees.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.