[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ask recommendations for anatomy book >this is the #1 suggested

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: meme anatomy.png (377KB, 668x463px) Image search: [Google]
meme anatomy.png
377KB, 668x463px
>ask recommendations for anatomy book
>this is the #1 suggested
>look at the very first image I need
>pic related
Man, this place is retarded. No wonder not a single one of you if even a professional artist.
>>
>>2282539
What book is it from?
>>
What's wrong with it? What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>2282539
what is your complaint?
>>
>>2282539
top lol this is so troll, troll much anon?
hahahha man, screen shot, i cant even meme. op is so faggot, mlp much? trolol
*satire
>>
>>2282540

Anatomy for sculptors, not a book but a pdf. Also OP is a faggot that's not gonna make it.
>>
>>2282539
When I asked for recommendations 1st time, the only sugestion was: Artistic Anatomy - Paul Richer. An old book.
>>
>>2282539
it looks a little flat at some places but it's just fine for learning?
i doubt you even really understand 50% of the information in that image

of course there's always better stuff. don't bitch about recommendations you entitled little twat. you can always search for them yourself, just like all of us and the people who made the sticky did.
>>
>>2282539
What is the problem OP. You want us to help you with something?
>>
>>2282539
Looks like anatomy to me.
>>
>>2282558
>>2282554
>>2282548
>>2282545
>>2282543
Look at the ribs, you dumbfucks. The fact that this isn't apparent to all of you at a glance is quite the indication that you're all clueless, anime drawing fucks.

*sigh* [takes a very deep breath] Fine, I'll point it out to you morons:
>rib cage is completely asymmetrical as a whole
>ribs arching behind with a ton of basic mistakes, including disappearing ribs
>not even the right number of them, let alone having the decency to draw them correctly
>connection from rib to sternum had to be done done at random, there is no logic behind it

This drawing wouldn't even pass for a low tier medical book made in china, no surprise this shit was from kickstarter - they got the money from morons like you who have no clue anyway.
>>
>>2282575
I'm pretty sure that's not the point of the image.
>>
File: 132158706281.jpg (32KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
132158706281.jpg
32KB, 960x960px
>>2282575
>rib cage should be symmetrical
>etc
>>
>>2282575
top kek anon, youre such a baka. you should probably use rerences if you dont like it. Im assuming youre bored, just draw whatever you want
>>
>>2282575
My rib cage is not symmetrical... D:
Why you don't try anatomical books if the chinese are better?
People here, and you, belive or not were not giving money for the book. You may have the same Gomesh's book as the rest of us...

Go find any Medical book and have fun!
>>
>>2282575
no anon you're the only guy who realized it was asymetrical and wishy washy. you're super special and smart, unlike the rest of ic.

like i said, it does the job just fine. you'll find many better or worse ones out there.
if i wanted to know the specific makeup of the ribcage or certain joints, i wouldn't rely on one graphic like this anyway.

context matters here, i don't know who recommended this but maybe he didn't know you needed that amount of accuracy. most people don't need that, especially in the beginning.
>>
>>2282606
>>2282597
>>2282591
>>2282588
>>2282586
>bOOK CALLED ANATOMY
>"tHE POINT ISN'T ANATOMY!"
sO WHY ISN'T IT CALLED "FLOWERS FOR GARDENERS" AT THIS POINT, JESUS CHRIST
lITERALLY WHAT IS THIS BOOK FOR IF NOT ANATOMY, IT HAS ANATOMY IN THE TITLE
>>
>>2282614
you might be too much of a raging autist even by ic standars.

i tip my fedora to you
>>
>>2282575
TOP KEK
>>
>>2282575
>>2282614
kekus maximus
>>
>>2282614
nO ANoN the point is why are you blaming ic for this.
as a non-autist, i would spend my time looking for other books/videos, not make a thread pretending i'm the only one who understands anatomy.
>>
>>2282647
I am bringing to light the fact that some evil people are suggesting very poor books that are detrimental to learning, as a warning for everyone

I accept all the hate that I am getting as long as I am helping the community improve - so please do not trust these people suggesting "anatomy for sculptors".

remember kids: knowledge is important and it's essential that we all learn from a good source, that's how I'd like to wrap this up
>>
>>2282539
I think there are some pros, they're just scared someone will know it's them if they post their work.
>>
>>2282664
>"anatomy for sculptors"
but that book isn't all bad either.

you really need to curb that autism. it isn't helping the community or anyone for that matter.
>>
>>2282575
>*sigh* [takes a very deep breath]
>newfagging this hard
>>
>>2282664
>evil people are suggesting very poor books that are detrimental to learning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_personality_disorder
>The central feature is "a pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent..."
>>
>>2282694
I solely come here to spread misinformation. I find it hilarious what I can get anons to believe.
>>
>>2282547 (samefag)
>>2282664
some people just don't have the best resources and recommends what was good for them. If they are learning right or wrong is another problem...

I think anons here were good with me recommending some great books. I've downloaded a lot of books from the book thread, and now I use only the best I found.
>>
>>2282575
Holy shit this autism.

A lot of the things in the book are taken from 3D scans of real people and bones, you stupid shitlord.
>>
>>2282539
Ok, anon... I'll recommend better books for you:

Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist, Stephen Rogers
Strength Training Anatomy, Frederic Delavier
Artistic Anatomy - Paul Richer >>2282547

Happy? If you don't like it, go find the authors (or bones...) and call them retarded and not professionals.
>>
>>2282575
Here's your reply.
>>
>>2282614
It's anatomy for artists, the point is not accurate anatomy.
More like about landmarks, proportions and rhythm.
>>
OP is obviously autistic but he's right, the book is shit
>>
>>2282912
then how do you explain that the book helped me go from shit to decent at anatomy?
>>
File: 7YdROPP.png (251KB, 694x432px) Image search: [Google]
7YdROPP.png
251KB, 694x432px
>>2282807
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If you want to actually attempt to master something, just "getting the gist right" isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>2282575
Way to overshoot the lead. Holy shit.
>>
>>2282913
Because you're still shit, or else you wouldn't be here
>>
>>2282913
Decent is all it's going to make you, because once you get better than decent, you'll be able to see the mistakes in this book.

There is absolutely NO reason to put effort into learning something that's close, but ultimately incorrect. OP sperging out a little too hard about it, but he's completely right.
>>
File: wg02415-5_x1.jpg (162KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
wg02415-5_x1.jpg
162KB, 480x480px
Anyone finish this book? Opinions? I got it as a gift, I'm currently reading through the beginning and learning all the terms for the different body parts and stuff.
>>
>tfw have a life size medical skeleton and Richer's Anatomy

Can't go wrong with this combination.
>>
>>2282967
>tfw have a life size medical skeleton
Oh yeah? Well I have an actual human skeleton and I take it with me everywhere I go
>>
>>2282575

Step it up, anon. Bad b8 is the easy road.
>>
>>2283597
>12 replies
I think it's /ic/ that needs to step their bait detection game up.
>>
>>2282970
well, guess what? he has 2
>>
>>2282807
this

>>2282922
the point isn't to know anatomy like a doctor. you have to understand the 3d forms, important landmarks, and the flow and attachments of things
>>
>>2282539
>ask recommendations for anatomy book
>claim to know about anatomy

Nice try you fucking faggot, you can finally kill yourself now you get a few (You)s.
>>
>>2282912
Name one anatomy book for artists that isn't shit in at least one way.
>>
>>2283718
vanderpoel
>>
>>2282539
oh another nerd being bad at social stuff. that´s new, please get more boring coz of ur lack of satisfaction :)
>>
>>2283605
Underrated post
>>
>>2282962
Great book. In my opinion the only one that actually makes anatomy digestible for beginners.
>>
>>2282614
>tYPING lIKE tHIS
>>
>>2282575
I came into this thread just to tell you that was really dumb.
>>
>>2282713
I actually cant find an English version of Artistic Anatomy. I keep finding the French one.
>>
>>2282575
>not even the right number of them
but anon, there are 12 pairs of ribs in that drawing, which is the number of pairs in the average human
>>
>>2282575
>Ribs are asymmetrical
Doesn't matter
>Ribs arching behind with a ton of basic mistakes (?), including disappearing ribs
None of the ribs disappear and they all seem to connect to their corresponding vertebra (hard to see because of the sternum)
>Not even the right number of them
There are 12, 7 of which are true ribs with the bottom 5 being floating/false ribs. The 8th rib even has a line leading to it, which I can only assume would be labelled as "first floating rib," or something similar
>Connection from rib to sternum has no logic behind it
First rib is connected to the manubrium, the second through fifth are connected to the main bridge of the sternum, the sixth and seventh are connected to the bottom part of the sternum. This is totally normal.
>>
>>2285437

I have the 35 year anniversary one coming in the mail soon and I think my scanner is large enough to do the job. Check the art books thread this weekend, if it's not there by then I probably won't ever do it.
>>
>>2287495
I hope you will. Please. Thank you, I'll keep an eye out.
>>
>>2283605
That was essentially the joke I was trying to make and I guess I failed. ;__;
>>
>>2283781
Thanks, so far it has been really helpful and actually very fun to read.

It's kind of interesting learning about how anatomy was originally studied and how grave robbing became popular.
>>
>>2285437
http://www.amazon.com/Artistic-Anatomy-Dr-Paul-Richer/dp/0823002977/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447820209&sr=8-1&keywords=Artistic+Anatomy+-+Paul+Richer

Not sure if that link will work for you but I bought it on amazon for around $15 a while back.
>>
>>2288369
$10 or less used
>>
>>2282539
>>2282575

you're so fucking retarded. Listen to this anon >>2285645
>>
>>2288375
While I think the artist got the point across and the only important details are the mass and the fact those muscles connect along the illiac crest, the ribs are drawn incorrectly.

We have 2 floating ribs, not 3/4. Which is the only really baffling mistake to me, left side has an extra rib. Second from bottom on camera left is attached to nothing.

However, whether intentional or no, I think it does a good job illustrating the flexibility of the skeleton. Notice that both the head and shoulders are forward, but the chest and hips are turned.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.