[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've decided to bite the bullet and finally come to /ic/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: superheroines.jpg (805KB, 1161x1217px) Image search: [Google]
superheroines.jpg
805KB, 1161x1217px
I've decided to bite the bullet and finally come to /ic/ after five years of doing commissions after one of my clients wasn't pleased with a result.

I'm a pretty good artist in my opinion but maybe there are a few minute details to my work that I could focus on adjusting. I was hoping /ic/ could give me some pointers that I didn't already hear in art school. What do you guys think?
>>
>>2272974
First of all, it's customary to post in the Draw Thread or Beginner Thread for critiques rather than creating your own thread.
Secondly this is awful on every level, I don't even know where to start. Fuck... Just...post in the beginner thread and maybe someone there can give you a starting point.
>>
>>2272974
You've been to art school, been taking commissions for five years, and you produced that and think it's pretty good?

What do I think? Its never too late to begin a new career
>>
>>2272974
>one of my clients wasn't pleased with a result.

what happened? I thought they probably had viewed your work before and is going to expect something along the lines of that.
>>
>>2272974
first you wasted time and money going to art school, second apply the basics to your work. third don't give up
>>
>>2272974
Holy shit there is a penis in there. Took me a while to spot it.
>>
>>2272974
I wanna know how the girl with the pony tail got those scaaaaarrrrs.
>>
>>2272974
It looks like that bottom right titty opens to the void jobs, like you could finger it. Which is probably where the same desiccated corpse's eyebrows are from. I could say something about the failed nose jobs, but I think they speak for themselves.

Are they supposed to be superheros?
>>
>>2272974
>>2273104
for people who are as curious as me
>>>/co/77181383

to OP, there's no pretty way of putting this, but I think you may require a complete overhaul of everything you know about drawing.

you need to wipe out everything in your mind about human anatomy and start from scratch, I am being completely serious.
>>
They've got busted faces, op.
>>
>>2273196
>you need to wipe out everything in your mind about human anatomy and start from scratch
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this, but I didn't know if I should say it.
>>
>>2272974
So are those slices of mozzarella on their breasts like a fetish or something? Help me understand them.
>>
>>2272974
I like how the speech bubbles imply that their hair is talking very creative
>>
>>2273199
it's a cruel thing to say to someone who's been in art school and drawing commission for 5 years, but somebody have to said it.

I think what OP needs the most is not a resounding fetish forum hugbox but someone/some place that can give him honest opinions.
>>
>>2272974
Bait .......the post
>>
File: 1446596205861.jpg (576KB, 897x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1446596205861.jpg
576KB, 897x1222px
>>2273209
Is it though?
>>
>>2273223
Jesus Christ stop you're gonna make me sick.
>>
>>2273223
>>2272974
This would be more arousing if you actually knew how to draw.
>>
you're a virgin, right anon?
>>
>>2273223
For your sake I hope it's bait.
>>
>>2272974
>you know being slutty, isn't half bad

never mind the art, you're dialog reeks of virginity.
>>
/ic/ has to be the most brutal community I've ever witnessed.

How can I post my beginner work without exposing myself to such viciousness?

I'm not the OP i'm just some loser that bought a few books and dicks around sometimes.
>>
>>2273322
>How can I post my beginner work without exposing myself to such viciousness?

You can't. Hide all your art in the deepest corners of your rectum. Only there will it be safe.
>>
>>2273322
well /ic/ spoonfeeds you with references already, do you really need this board to hold your hands and whisper assurances on your way to becoming an okay illustrator?
>>
>>2273322
anon

I know this seems really harsh for OP, but I can tell you that this is a bit of a special case. Any beginner will simply need to learn the fundamentals; dig a trench and lay the foundation for a great structure to come. This guy, however, will need to sit down and seriously contemplate what has he been doing all this time, tear down his building from the top down, clear all of the rubble, and then finally start off where any other beginner would.

I'd say the only thing he'd have going at this point, potentially, is that he's already got an established work ethic.
>>
>>2273322
I learned art from /ic/.

When I got to college (not an art major), I was a bit disappointed by normal people critique. Prof was great, and mostly just encouraged me not to be lazy, and to start painting with him after drawing (which I did, and loved it). But the classmates. Their comments were so hollow.

But then again I am a masochist, so take that as you will.
>>
>>2273324
>>2273329
>>2273332
>>2273328
I'm just so awe-inspired with how self-aware and... human this community is.

I feel like I belong here.

And I do get it. There is a point in your artistic progression where you don't need other people to look at your shit. You should be able to look at it and think "that is a little off and unnatural, let me try to make it better"

So, the cruelty is justified; truly.
>>
>>2273341
Honestly the cruel thing would have been to ignore op or let him keep thinking he was doing fine. I feel like letting him know he needs some serious work is the humane thing.
>>
>>2273341

shut the fuck up god damn, you sound like one of those tumblr fags that gets way to wrapped up on some shitty website. just work on your craft.
>>
>>2273582
chill
>>
>>2273322
/ic/ is brutal, but it isn't unfair.
You'll learn a lot by posting your work.

As beginner you won't get feedback as harsh as his. You're probably better than OP by now anyway.
>>
I like the style op but you need to work on your fundementals
>>
>>2273208
>I think what OP needs the most is not a resounding fetish forum hugbox but someone/some place that can give him honest opinions.
Either that or become the next lolcow/cringe artist. Pick your poison.
>>
>>2273601
>a text box on a screen is brutal
fuckin faggots
>>
>>2273697
Then keyboard is mightier than than sword.
>>
>>2273699
Am I getting a stroke?

The keyboard is mightier than the sword.
>>
>>2273697
I brutalized your mother's cunt in a text box on a screen bitchnigga
>>
This is incredibly sad.
>>
>>2273715
Sad that everyone is falling for obvious bait
>>
>>2273223
Hands look like fucking chewed up nubs, plus you have college debt to pay. Ur fucked, try some references.
>>
>>2272974
this is a troll post. it has to be
>>
File: 1432425729675.jpg (296KB, 921x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1432425729675.jpg
296KB, 921x1024px
>>2273322
/ic/'s attitude is indeed brutal, that's the whole point.
People here don't need to feel bad because they're being critical. This allows people to speak completely openly.
Just try to consider what people say, it won't help to ignore criticism.
There are mountains of resources in the art book thread that are worth checking out.
Good luck.
>>
May OP's thread be reminder if you want to make it you need to do it and take criticism where it matters. Let us all have him as an example and make our next five years count so we don't end like that.
>>
If nothing else this will help every newcomer realize what happens when you stagnate into pandering and hugbox communities, and especially, how blind you can become of your own work.

Troll post or not, there are real people who are genuinely like OP, on DA/tumblr/that-one-furry-art-community.
>>
>>2272974
Well shit I'm turned on but that's because I have masturbated to things like moon over June and banana cream cake (if you don't know what they are take a look) but if you listen to the anons giving you advice you'll be good.
Bait or not here's your reply
>>
>>2273322
Learn how to not get emotional over what people say about your work. Getting a thick skin is an important part of development.
>>
File: bait_matrix_edition.png (73KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
bait_matrix_edition.png
73KB, 618x618px
>>2272974
is this a joke
>>
>>2273582

Ack, I cut myself on that edge
>>
>>2273859

this
>>
File: 1438892050716.jpg (52KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1438892050716.jpg
52KB, 454x453px
>>2272974
>crosshatch fag
>doesn't even know how to crosshatch properly
>>
just noticed the dick is the wrong way around what the fuck
>>
>>2274332
Nah man, the camera is just somewhere around his non-existent feet.
>>
>>2274346
but the navel is on the bottom
>>
>>2272974
how does that work? Is the dick upside down?
>>
>>2273322
Try conceptart/Permanoobs, and post a beginner's sketchbook. If you update enough people will comment, they are honest and firm, but not /ic/ harsh, unless you can't take constructive criticism.

Never liked /ic/ methods. Yes, people need to learn how to take criticism, but half of the time they say a piece is 'shit', without explaining why. Also, /ic/ can tear people down that much, and that frequently that people are scared of posting. That doesn't foster a good art community.
>>
My advice learn basic anatomy and construction. Look up materials from Andrew Loomis and Burne Hogarth to help. You could still do that, while drawing for fun/doing commission work, so you don't get bored. Keep it fun. Eventually, what you learnt you will internalise, and it's seep into your work. The improvement can be rapid if you keep on applying what you've practiced. Good Luck,OP.
>>
>>2274505
how about you shut the fuck up until you learn some anatomy? the leg navel is like day 1 man.

That or they're horrible conjoined twins with a disembodied penis. I honestly never noticed that was there.
>>
>>2274923
>That doesn't foster a good art community.
Good is subjective. People that don't like /ic/'s board culture can go to any other art community, but in return people that don't like all the alternatives gather on here.

/ic/ is a good community if it's the kind of community you're looking for and there's no reason for it to change to adapt to some faggot's ideal of the perfect mainstream board.
>>
>>2274970
yeah, everything is subjective. I get that. You're right. Hitler was a pretty good guy.
>>
>>2274973
autism
>>
>>2274976
more like awesomtism
>>
>>2273849
This. Don't get attached to your work and separate your emotions and self from your drawings. View everything you do as a stepping stone towards getting better.
>>
>>2274973
>one poster brings out well-versed argument that basically boils down to "opinions" and "if you don't like it go away"
>you reply with "hurr durr hitler was a good guy is an opinion too amirite"

just kill yourself
>>
>>2274970
/ic/ is the type of board who'd rather shit-post about artists more skilled than them, or shit on people who are worse than them. The only art-making in this board is in the generals, and for a board focused on supposedly, 'getting good', that's pretty sad. Non-Anon forums are the way to go, for at least a half-way decent art community.
>>
>>2273223
Somebody paid actual money for this?
>>
>>2273322

We're only tough on people if they ask for it:

>I'm a pretty good artist in my opinion but maybe there are a few minute details to my work that I could focus on adjusting

That's always what we go after when we're being nasty. Complacency, Ego, Self-Congratulatory stuff. You need to be humble if you want to make it past the criticisms of /ic/ without a scathing. We can actually be quite reasonable if you're new, and don't ask stupid questions.
>>
>>2273322
>How can I post my beginner work without exposing myself to such viciousness?
by improving
>>
>>2274008

This. OP should have a better grasp of form, lineweight and lighting to make his hatching work. His biggest drawback is complete lack of coherent structure though.
>>
>>2273223
Those fucking arms.
>>
>>2273199
>>2273199

this is /ic/, don't ever feel obligated to hold back your critique on this board. That's the whole reason I came here years ago, because no one else would give me brutally honest criticism.
>>
>>2273196

>called Crosshatch-fag
>doesn't cross their hatches
>>
>>2273322
their was a time when that was the whole reason why people came here.
>>
>>2272974
Is this a joke.

This is shit posting right.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.