[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What program do you guys use for art? I use Manga Studio EX,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1474655684671.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1474655684671.png
228KB, 358x408px
What program do you guys use for art?
I use Manga Studio EX, but its super old so its really clunky and I've been looking for a new one.
I used to use FireAlpaca/MediBang Paint, but it crashes everytime I try to save and no solution has helped me.
>>
>>481686
Krita mostly
>>
>>481686
krita, but is not like i've tried others for comparison
>>
>>481686
Krita
>>
File: headless.png (317KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
headless.png
317KB, 1600x1200px
>>481686
paint tool sai
>>
Next time go to /wsr/. You killed a thread for this.
>>
>>481686
I use clip studio paint. I got it with my tablet that i bought.
>>
Sketchbook Pro.
>>
Krita is foss and works on linux so that's what I use.

Even though Photoshop and Corel painter have a little nicer brushes for painting and Manga Studio/paint tool sai have nicer inking brushes and a little better performance. Krita isn't that much behind them and it's more than good enough for me, it also means I don't have to spend a lot of money on software or pirate.
>>
Mostly SAI but sometimes firealpaca.
http://vilebile.deviantart.com/journal/Have-My-Paint-Tool-Sai-545675976
here's a link to a cracked sai that comes with a fuckton of brushes. it's the one i use n the additional brushes are neato.
>>
>>481687
>>481688
>>481732
>>484051
i installed krita and i like it but my computer is really shitty and its super slow, any tips?

>>484477
reinstalled sai and i was reminded on how simple it is
might use it if i cant get krita working better
>>
>>484477
>http://vilebile.deviantart.com/journal/Have-My-Paint-Tool-Sai-545675976
yooooo

but does it have transparency?
>>
>>484576
Hey there! I juste tested and Downloaded this version of Sai and yes it has transparency! If you want to save pictures with transparent background, all you have to do is, Save has png then click 32bpp ARGB (Each pixel have Opacity) Have a nice day o/
>>
>>484477
Let me know if this link doesn't work for anyone that wants it/uses it. I have a dropbox ver. b/c I linked it to a friend that said it didn't work.
>>
>>481686
Sai Ver 2.
>>484477
I actually tried using this specific version the other day and no matter what I did I couldn't get lines that weren't either a blurry mess or had aliasing. Maybe other Anons can have better luck.
>>
>>485784
Can you show me a screenshot of what happened/what the lines looked like? o:
>>
>>485785
Sorry, already deleted the program since I didn't actually need it and didn't bother saving anything I doodled with it. Had a friend dick around with that Deviantart download a bit as well just to make sure I wasn't crazy and he only had slightly better results.
>>
File: wip.jpg (653KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
653KB, 2480x3508px
>>481686
I kinda rediscovered sai, it's simple, has a great bucket tool, inking is nice, it doesn't feel as clunky as manga studio. I can recommend it for any manga/comic-like art style.
krita and photoshop for painting
>>
>>485793
Did you use Sai for this piece, Anon? I really like the lines. I use CSP on Mac so i can't really emulate the smoothness of those lines in my work
>>
>>485795
thank you
yes i did, I used the smooth function for the long curves like the legs or breasts. I obviously used the binary brush for this, because I like the oekaki style.
but still have to experiment with the other brushes. do you guys know any good sai brush settings/turorials?

CSP does have a smoothing function thoo. but like I said, it does feel a bit clunky.
>>
>>481686
Manga studio/clip studio paint is literally the best line art program around and has a ton of painting brushes for it. Literally have no use for paint tool sai which has shit inking.
>>
>>485867
Can't argue with that. Sai still gets the job done but CSP has some REALLY useful options for your lineart.
>>
fucking photoshop
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.