[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys get over an artist's block? Haven't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

How do you guys get over an artist's block? Haven't done any draws for a while...
>>
Please draw more Keksandras
>>
>>474683
just draw.
draw from life if needed
>>
>>476934
>just draw
Oh, wow, high quality advise right here.

>>474683
Usually it helps me to go through Pixiv and check recent drawings until I get inspiration. But sometimes I just can't decide what to focus on, in which case I do some requests.
Not every blockade is a blockade though. You need a break from time to time, but since you said you haven't drawn in a while, I suggest to try what I said earlier
>>
if you're art is blocked, it means you are not drawing or doing what you really want to do. the creative portion of your brain is likely being fragmented by your cognitive brains unwillingness to communicate honestly. the cognitive portion of your brain has the ability to speak, the creative part does not, but it does have access to your pleasure center. you can communicate with this mute part of your brain by asking honest questions, and giving honest answers, play both sides of the mental chess game to work out why you are blocked up creatively.

1: establish honest dialog, ask basic questions about what you know, and how you know it, find the limitations of your senses, and knowledge. one question one answer, play only one side at a time. write everything down.

2: you will eventually hit certain landmarks, these may hit you hard if you are new to this, and not necessarily in the order below.

you realize that you don't actually know anything for sure. everything you observe outside of you, is only data gathered by your senses, and interpreted by you, you can't prove any of it, but you can make educated guesses. you've gotten to the bottom, now time to climb back up.

you realize that negatives do not exist, anything that is a thing is a thing, negatives are not a debt, but rather the logical consequence of understand through defining.

you realize that everything is just energy. you are energy, traveling through energy, traveling on energy, propelled by energy, that is becoming energy.

3:now you've gotten back to the top, your brain is hopefully defragmented now. now that communication lines are clear, you can proceed to deciding on what you want to draw.
>>
>>476941 (continued)

4: ask more self questions, write the plan that forms down, for later reference and reworking.

start by asking about the longterm goal, what is that dream you hope to shoot towards. this is now your dream compass, use it to guide what particular things you spend your time on, and regularly re question the compass to make sure you are going towards a place you want to be

now ask what the short term goal is, something a little bit far off, but reachable within a short amount of time, start by doing weekly/daily quests, work your way up to loftier goals. ask what you will need to do to get to that goal, break it into steps.

the final and most important question is, what step do you take first, for this question, only accept answers that are reachable in the immediate time. choose only actions that you can take immediately. only decide on one answer at a time in this stage.

now ask if you want to do that step, if yes do step. if no, ask why until the end of you're habituated excuses, then ask again. repeat until answer is yes.

once you complete that step, come back decide on your next step, rinse and repeat.

be sure to give yourself plenty of breaks to socialize, and do physical activities, as we are social animals, who's mind and body are an inter related system. reserve things you enjoy for rewards as you take steps.

cut out parts of your daily life that seem to hinder your progress, no job, no person, no thing outside of yourself, is worth more than the relationship you hold with yourself.

resources for learning more:
part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQVmkDUkZT4
part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8
anything else by: kurzgesagt
>>
>>476938
it is pretty good advice faggot. Stop being close minded and lazy. Draw something different and new; something that you're bad a drawing.
>>
File: Characters.png (400KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Characters.png
400KB, 1600x1200px
>>474683
best advice anyone can ever give is "just draw". im not being sarcastic, just draw.
>>
>>476941
good advice here

read "the artists way" by julia cameron also, very good resource
journal every morning upon waking, just write whatever the fuck you want for a few pages
also, exercise creativity in personal choices like how you dress, how you eat, etc. go to weird places, not for any "reason" just to do something different
get flowin'
>>
>>474683
Redraw some older shit you've drawn before
>>
>>476946
What did you draw these on?
>>
File: 4311526-6852144481-Maste.jpg (77KB, 549x715px) Image search: [Google]
4311526-6852144481-Maste.jpg
77KB, 549x715px
Please do 4 pics of Master Tigress as fatter than Po playing with Po
>>
File: oc-face.png (96KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
oc-face.png
96KB, 800x618px
>>477041
paint-tool SAI. it is free and less memory intensive than photoshop. I think photoshop has a more solid feel to it, so to get to feel closer to photoshop, make the stroke and pressure stabilizers 0.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.