[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey. I'm a newfag to this board, and it seems pretty casual.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 10

File: 31.png (33KB, 353x380px) Image search: [Google]
31.png
33KB, 353x380px
Hey. I'm a newfag to this board, and it seems pretty casual.

I'm testing to see if I can improve my art by doodling for a month straight, so I'm gonna use this thread to post my doodles, and discuss some art things that are on my mind. Hope that's ok.
>>
Nice, keep up the good work
>>
File: 1.png (19KB, 343x349px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
19KB, 343x349px
>>470524
Thanks, though some of these will be crap like this one. It's ok for now tho. I'm just testing to see if I get better at least at the end of this month.

Something I was thinking about lately is the scenarios where you can either get your ideas down now and share them, or wait until you get better at drawing so that the idea would look better or more to the way you see it in your head.

Both have clear advantages. What does /i/ think about getting your ideas and storys down now vs doing it later when you're better?
>>
If you're confused, she is suppose to be in a block of ice.

>>470534
For myself, I believe the "get your ideas down now" approach would work for me.

I was better at art back before high school depression took me over. I wasn't the best, but my art was good enough to where I'd be satisfied with almost all my drawings when I was done.

Now I barely finish anything, or it takes a long time to finish a drawing, and I believe that I'll at least get somewhere if I stop worrying about quality now and just go for it, and I can work on the quality later.

I don't know if that's exacted true, it's just my feeling. It's something I can definitely test in the future tho.
>>
File: 2.png (63KB, 377x477px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
63KB, 377x477px
>>470540
And I forgot the pic. Sorry.
>>
You bought a tablet before you learned how to draw?
>>
>>470519
practice gesture it would really help
>>
File: tegaki.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
12KB, 400x400px
>>470519

I've been drawing casually for about a year now.

>>460471
>>468901
>>
File: 3.png (39KB, 352x384px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
39KB, 352x384px
This one I did when I was angry over something, I didn't care how it turned out.

>>470543
I dont have a tablet. All my doodles are gonna be in Sai using a mouse.

>>470558
That's something I'll have to practice later. For right now I'm slowly studying the head and face features.

>>470559
Those threads looks like a cool way to be creative.
>>
File: 4.png (29KB, 319x352px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
29KB, 319x352px
This one I looked at a pic breifly for the expresson. I studied the closed eye and mostly the mouth. Everything else was what I understood about head proportions. (I figured out that I was making the jaws too small, and the hair was too close to the head. That was like right before i began this doodle test thing.)
>>
File: 8.png (19KB, 423x223px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
19KB, 423x223px
I was very tired when I made this one, so I tried to draw bags under the eyes. I'd have to get actual reference next time. Also, that nose is a really small tongue, just for the heck of it.

I skipped over 5-7 cause of moving to a new place. I might try to make up fir them later, but no promises.
>>
File: 10.png (53KB, 622x367px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
53KB, 622x367px
Skipped day 9. This one is cute, and I was playing Yugioh Destiny Board Traveler, so yeah.
>>
>>470731
nice
>>
File: 11.png (41KB, 391x306px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
41KB, 391x306px
Ok so I looked up another expression to do, and studied only the eyes and mouth again.
After I drew the face, I didn't want to draw her hair at all, so I fucked around scribbling shit in place of it and ctrl z-ing. Was planning on doing the hair anyway, just wanted to get the "but I dont wanna"s out, but I left one scribble that I liked cause it looked like a stupid hat. Drew her hair under it, and a face and a like button on the thing cause why not.

But really, wtf is on her head? It might be a hat, but it also looks like some type of cinnamon roll.

>>470785
Thanks.
>>
File: 12.png (17KB, 270x222px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
17KB, 270x222px
This is that last one for now sadly. Things are going on, and I feel like I have to take a break for the rest of the month to restrengthen my sanity a bit as well as soul search.

Thanks for the ride tho and putting up with this thread.
>>
Im going to hijack this thread to post my own daily drawings.
>>
just give it up and kill yourself
>>
>>471301
Op here. Ok, I'll give you permission.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.