[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi Iv'e been working on some character designs for a while

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

Hi Iv'e been working on some character designs for a while and I just want to know if they are not shit.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: hoh.jpg (43KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
hoh.jpg
43KB, 720x600px
>>
You need to practice anatomy before even thinking of doing character designs.I like the first one&the blue one,but as i said,you arent going to get anywhere with a poor understanding of how faces/bodies/textures work.I recomend figure drawing,still life and croquis.Keep up the work buddy
>>
Thanks man Ill take that into account!
>>
File: tegaki.png (80KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
80KB, 500x700px
>>456504
I don't know if the last anon is right when it comes to keeping away from character design. I know that my original characters were a driving force behind my artistic development- having, developing, and drawing your characters will help you no matter your skill level. They're a great motivator, so don't give up on them!

I will have to say that the last anon was right about learning anatomy and improving your technical skills. I suggest looking at real photos of people, or actual faces you see in real life. Slowing down and taking time to learn the human figure will improve your art 2x or more pretty quickly.

Your designs look pretty cool so far! Is there any story behind these guys?
>>
Yes there is actually. I'm trying to make a web comic series that revolves around and artists characters coming to life and him starting to live his own plot. I haven't really given any character arch or anything I've just got down to the design that's all. Thanks for the encouragement and nice recreation!
>>
>>456504

Did you mean to draw Douglas Murray?
>>
File: DouglasMurray.jpg (671KB, 1894x720px) Image search: [Google]
DouglasMurray.jpg
671KB, 1894x720px
>>456504
>>460409
Im serious. lol Your pic looks just like him.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.