[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the 'it' that makes a psychopath either become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

What is the 'it' that makes a psychopath either become a contract killer or a high-end politician, even a president?
I have though about it for atleast 2 weeks, listened some audiobooks etc. Those said it is just the place and family you grow up with: in a poor smart family - you want to have money, so youll go the legal way. In a poor family - come intouc with illegal stuff from the beginning of your life and so you choose the bad way.
On the pic is a psychopath
>>
>>964283
I don't think JFK was a psychopath; more like a narcissist whose quack doctor had him on amphetamines most of the time.
>>
>>964283
Please wank yourself off ,because your brain is going to explode with the shit you think of
>>
>>964288
Well, he wasn't put into some mental hospital, that's right. But the thing is he had many common traits with criminals, as for example - Josef Mengele. In the position of a president, he couldnt possibly tell anyone he's a psychopath.
>>
>>964283
>>>/his/
is now
>>>/x/

ya blew it
>>
>>964296
>JFK had lots in common with Mengele

Can you elaborate on this?
>>
>>964283

>What is the 'it'

Lack of empathy for people combined with narcissism leads them to manipulate others and break rules for their own benefit. This can often take a low key form, but if you get one with high intelligence they often rise through the ranks of an organisation due to their ability to get things done efficiently (by manipulating and shitting on people) and benefit their superiors until they see an opening to knife them in the back.
I would think most psychopaths/sociopaths are either in business or in jail, my current boss is a legit sociopath case study.
>>
>>964303
Like many others, these two were both big men. I'm saying, that they both knew how to handle people, they both often told the people what they wanted to hear, sometimes lies to do what they wanted to do.
>>
>>964318
That's not enough to call someone a psychopath. That's just being alpha.
>>
>>964308
Psychos dont have empathy? Why not? You know the saying: Don't to the things you don't want to be done to you. Maybe the psychopath just knew other wont do the things he had done beacuse he leaves no trails etc?
>>
>>964330
That's what all the leaders say. Do whatever needs to be done to accomplish your mission right? Step over them or they will step over you. Isnt that just unadmitted psychopathy?
>>
>>964318
Wow man, that's quite the analysis. I can see that you've done a lot of research and put quite a bit of thought into this. Where did you get your degree in psychiatric medicine?
>>
Sociopathy and narcissism exist on a spectrum; it's not an all-or-nothing thing. So I'd imagine that the serial killers and despots are simply more diseased than the simple charming politicians who just take bribes and lie but don't actually murder.
>>
>>964318

>they both knew how to handle people
>both often told the people what they wanted to hear
>sometimes lies to do what they wanted to do

Anon, those are pretty generic traits. You don't have to be a psychopath to have "people skills" or the ability to bend the truth to your advantage where necessary.
>>
>>964355
If the business-psychos are the more healthier ones, with more empathy etc, could they still kill a person? If they are coldblooded in business, why shouldn't they be calm when theyd have to murder someone? Its all stuck in the head. Would the situation even matter when playing a high game?
>>
>>964318
but JFK was possibly the most honest politician who ever lived? so much so that the would kill him and his brother too.
Do you even know anything about history?

delete this shitty thread I hope this is bait for your sake anon
>>
>>964381

One of the traits of a sociopath is poor impulse cobtrol, but since it exists on a spectrum, and since some of the less sick ones have the other traits but good impulse control, I'm guessing most cuthroat busibess men would not murder, no matter how much they steal and lie.
>>
>>964384
http://positivemed.com/2014/09/30/10-famous-psychopaths-history/
But this is pure quality evidence dude!
>>
>>964393
Have you met a psycho? Like a real one, not just a fucking bossy money-hungry guy?
>>
>>964408
Yeah, I'm friends with one and she's just really manipulative and bitchy and pathetically paranoid, but she can only manipulate dummies.
>>
>>964424
paranoid? I heard psychos dont have fear
>>
>>964338

>Psychos dont have empathy? Why not?

This is their defining trait. They dont see other people as human beings, but as potential prey. You could say they have no conscience to prevent them doing things other people might consider but ultimately reject in their normal frame of mind.

>Maybe the psychopath just knew other wont do the things he had done beacuse he leaves no trails etc?

They always leave trails, if you know them well enough you can spot them as the mask can slip. If they are smart they will hide their secret through manipulation and charm, they are good at convincing people they are normal which is something they do from an early age when they begin to observe social interactions. They learn to abuse social interactions to get what they want.

>>964408

Real psychos come in many forms, they are not all blood thirsty murderers with a necklace of ears around their neck, they can often be physical cowards who rely on manipulation and never have to kill anyone.
>>
>>964443
You seem to be a smart guy - was Richard Kuklinski a psychopath? I do think yes.
>>
>>964283

Psychopath is one part genetics, one part upbringing. A man with the genes for psychopathy who is raised by abusive parents will typically grow up to be a psychopath himself, one raised in a loving family will generally assume some kind of pro-social role, typically one where his inability to feel fear-- the genetic component-- is valuable, as in cops, soldiers, bomb disposal experts, and yes politicians.
>>
>>964456

Well he did enjoy killing people and the thrill of getting caught
>>
>>964431

Paranoia is not fear, its mistrustfulness. Psychopaths don't feel fear, but not all are paranoid and not all are antisocial, these and narcissism are often "co-morbid" with psychopathy but they are distinct disorders that non-psychopaths can have just as easily as psychopaths. For example, most street punks or gang members are not psychopaths even tho they are antisocial, and the Unabomber was a paranoid without being a psychopath.
>>
>>964456

Yes he is a very clear example of one. But he was also antisocial and paranoid, it was the combination of all three that made him such a ruthless killer.
>>
>>964476
True. But he wasnt calm. Sure he was during business meetings and some talks with friends etc, his stuff. But he had rage and anger issues with his family. Many times he just yelled on his wife and children. Psychopaths were calm according to many yt vids, are there this big exceptions?
>>
>>964498
>Psychopaths were calm according to many yt vids, are there this big exceptions?

Psychopaths are not calm, this is nonsense. They have hair-trigger tempers and poor impulse control, fits of rage are a common feature of the condition. What they are is cold, emotionally, they do not sympathise and they have no remorse but anger is one of the emotions they typically feel just fine (the other is disgust).
>>
>>964498

His parents used to beat the shit out of him as a child and his brother died from one of the beatings, I guess you could say he had "anger management" issues. Most serial killers I ever heard of got the shit beaten out of them as children.
>>
Legit psyco coming through
>>
Could one become a psychopath just beacuse of bullying if he has all the looks, smart parents --> he is also smart, poor life and nothing to do in free time?
>>
>>964517

Not that fag but you need both the genes and the upbringing to be a serial killer or a Richard Kuklinski.

Of course, having a parent who is a psychopath will typically mean you get a brutal upbringing too.

>>964523

Classic monomaniac, not a psychopath.
>>
>>964525

No. You need the genes, and psychopathy is generally clear from early childhood.
>>
>>964523
In what way? He showed clear affection for some women and most children. He often showed deep concern for men serving under him as well. Just because he desired glory and notoriety doesn't mean he was a psychopath.
>>
>>964528
So, a psycho is mimicking others right? To be normal. Could you spot them in an early age, if they dont belong in any group? (I mean cool kids, the middle ones, loners etc etc) It seems if they are just a bit different on the outside. Never completely fits in.
>>
>>964526
>>964536

Napoleon:

>backstabbed the corsian independentists
>used grapeshot against civilians to get recognition when they were going to storm the directory hq and possibly install somebody else
>backstabbed the directory
>took over as emperor
>led hundreds of thousands of people to their death for his own self aggrandisement

He saw people as pawns
>>
>>964539

Every psycho is different, the main aspect is a lack of empathy. This could be combined with extreme antisocial behaviour in childhood or it could go unnoticed. Children are also assholes who lack empathy to begin with anyway so its hard to know, would probably be destructive to assign those kind of labels to children whose personality and character is still developing.
>>
>>964544
>He saw people as pawns

Not diagnostic of psychopaths but of malignant narcissism, which he did have.

>>964539

Some mimick, many don't bother. Psychopaths typically become criminals and in the criminal underworld, being a badass psycho is a good thing. Those with higher intelligence and greater impulse control might grow up to be the Bernie Madow's of this world, but most do a poor job of fitting in.

>Could you spot them in an early age, if they dont belong in any group?

The psycho kids are the ones who aren't at school, because they're truanting or already living on the streets. Especially by the time high school rolls round, 99% of psychopaths will already have dropped out of the system.
>>
>>964562
How to spot young psycos then? They often manipulate others? Try to kill someone? This is far too edgy, serious stuff.
>>
>>964568

The ones who become dangerous often start off with arson and animal cruelty
>>
>>964568

The one who will grow up to be serial killers are typically not in the system to begin with. They have hugely abusive family arrangements, and an extremely dysfunctional lifestyle. It's likely they move around a lot, likely they don't go to school often or at all, likely they are raised in crime, as it where. There are exceptions, like Bundy, where mental illness can bring out a genetic predisposition towards psychopathy but to diagnose childhood proclivity towards adult psychopathy you're typically looking for three things: pyromania, extreme cruelty to animals, and a longer period of bedwetting during childhood than is normal.
>>
If a psychopath went to see a movie, that made you, anon, cry, would he cry? Any movie - would he? (Assuming the sad part is someone dying, someone broke someones heart etc)
>>
>>964598
Depends. I think he wouldnt beacuse he feels sad. He would, beacuse people around him are crying and to fit in, he should too.
>>
>>964318

> these two were both big men. I'm saying, that they both knew how to handle people, they both often told the people what they wanted to hear, sometimes lies to do what they wanted to do.

I can tell you haven't had a paid job in your life

ITT: OP has no idea how humans work
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.