[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they are any Christians that reject the teachings/writings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: priests icon.jpg (88KB, 1000x288px) Image search: [Google]
priests icon.jpg
88KB, 1000x288px
Are they are any Christians that reject the teachings/writings of Paul and if so, what are they called?
>>
Don't Gnostic's do that?
>>
Christian Gnostics? Nah
>>
>>942797
>what are they called?
Not Christians
>>
>>942841
Anyone who basis their religion on jesus is a christian, even mormons and all the crazy cults
>>
>>942850
No
Anyone who accepts the Nicene Creed is a Christian
>>
Red Letter Christians, sort of.
>>
>>942853
Nope, anyone who follows jesus in any capacity
>>
File: scout x3.png (485KB, 482x615px) Image search: [Google]
scout x3.png
485KB, 482x615px
>>942841
>"You need to obey the ramblings of this total cuck who wasn't Christ, in order to be a CHRISTian."

Spotted the Catholicuck
>>
>>942876
No because by that definition atheists can be Christians
Christians defined what it meant to be a Christian in 325 at Nicaea
Faggots like you are irrelevant
>>942890
Considering Christs says as much not following is not following Christ
But then again you didn't read the bible did you
>>
>>942797
Jewish Christians like Ebionites I guess.
>>
>>942850
Anyone who is not eastern orthodox is just a role-player.
>>
>>942944
t. Actual role player
>>
>>942797
no modern ones, no. ebionites did back in the day, but they got absorbed by Islam.

>>942811
modern gnostics tend to because they focus on nag hammadi to the exclusion of the Bible and also tend towards being faggot assed hippies who don't like that Paul actually laid down some rules.

historical gnostics relied on Paul extensively. hell, the proto-gnostic marcion wanted to throw out everything not by Paul + a modified book of Luke.
>>
>>942896
The Nicene creed was decided by a small council at the behest of a roman emperor.
I'd hardly say that Christians in general made the decisions made in Nicaea.

>Considering Christs says as much not following is not following Christ

What is this supposed to mean?

>But then again you didn't read the bible did you?
>The bible accurately conveys the message of Christ because the bible says that it accurately conveys the message of Christ

>No because by that definition atheists can be Christians
Considering what it takes to follow Christ I doubt it really applies to Atheists unless they only follow the moral lessons of Christ or whatever.
>>
File: aXm6237xjU.jpg (33KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm6237xjU.jpg
33KB, 650x650px
>>942971
Gnostics know a helluva lot more about the recursive mushroom cult than you do, puppet.
>>
>>942797
>Are they are any Christians that reject the teachings/writings of Paul and if so, what are they called?

Cafeteria Christians
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.