[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /his, What makes you happy? I know there's a whole lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: b9fjT.jpg (442KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
b9fjT.jpg
442KB, 1680x1050px
Hey /his,
What makes you happy?
I know there's a whole lot of Nihilists,Stoics and Religious people here and I would love to know what triggers this state of mind for each one of you.
Inb4 happiness is a spook
>>
Hearing some pretty ill stories of people killing each other.
>>
I'm a pleb who only experiences false temporary happiness wholly dependent on sensory pleasures.
>>
>>924530

When I do stuff that's old. Like building a fire, reading and reflecting, staring at the stars, doing a bit of work outdoors.

Feels good man.
>>
>>924530
Beauty
>>
>>924530
My ex. What a woman she was
>>
>>924530
Dreaming, nothing makes me happy when I'm awake, I have too many regrets. Things like being with friends and watching movies entertain me but they don't fulfill my need for happiness. At least when I'm dreaming I can feel completely disconnected from what holds me back from being happy.
>>
File: 1447626021906.gif (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447626021906.gif
96KB, 480x480px
nothing really makes me happy, happiness is a virtue i can't really reach due to my mental disposition, yeah i can be excited in bursts, but i believe these are just fake feelings my mind subconsciously creates to keep me away from thoughts of suicide, and i always feel stupid and foolish afterwards

one day i might achieve a state of happiness, but it's an uncertainty.

for now i will endure this state of irritating existence and discomfort and regret.
>>
File: wallpaper_aurelius.jpg (2MB, 3240x1884px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_aurelius.jpg
2MB, 3240x1884px
>>924530
Knowing that no matter what happens to the world, everything is as it should be, as dictated by nature.

Knowing that no matter what happens to myself, my worth as a person is dictated only by things that are in my control, and not the things that are outside of my control.

-a stoic
>>
File: 1362658271645.jpg (107KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1362658271645.jpg
107KB, 848x900px
>>926105

are you me?
>>
I haven't felt any positive emotion in days

if I knew what made me happy I'd be doing it instead of 4chan

why do I even live if all I do is feel bad?
>>
>>924538
Edgy.
>>926397
"my worth as a person" human life has no worth. Even if it did,none would care about yours. You're one in billions. Your name will be forgotten in 5+ years post mortem. If you truly tried you would've also tried to strive for things that are outside of your own capabilities. I dislike your way of thinking because it promotes mediocrity. Be the best man you can and your self worth will be defined by your ambition to do things others wouldn't.
>>
>>926342
Lately I don't feel like going to sleep because my dreams have become too unsettling
>>
shitposting
>>
>>926873
>humans have no worth
>mediocrity is deserving of guilt
at least try to make sense with your shit-tier philosophy and point of view.
>>
Bantering with autistic men who take themselves too seriously
>>
File: 1458739456060.png (242KB, 538x439px) Image search: [Google]
1458739456060.png
242KB, 538x439px
>>927022

Ah, I know this feel too well.
>>
File: 1457896078367.png (2MB, 2065x2357px) Image search: [Google]
1457896078367.png
2MB, 2065x2357px
>>924530
Anime
>>
File: 1454071526175.jpg (67KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454071526175.jpg
67KB, 720x720px
Knowing that I am saved by the grace and mercy of God.
>>
>>927345
>King James Version

Nice heretical interpretation you goat of Satan.
>>
>>926875
I have moments like that too but the times where everything is perfect makes going through the unsettling moments worth it. Sometimes having a nightmare can give you the same thrill you get from watching a horror movie.
>>
File: 1456392928293.jpg (5KB, 278x159px) Image search: [Google]
1456392928293.jpg
5KB, 278x159px
>>924530
I don't know
>>
>>927022
posts like this one.
>>
>>924530
Walking to places I've never been to. Just seeing a new landscape, a new street, a new vista.
>>
File: Freeride World Tour skiing.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Freeride World Tour skiing.webm
3MB, 960x540px
I like skin, riding ATVs, and other things that allow me to go fast.
Drugs are a good substitute though.
Unfortunately shit costs money and can potentially cost me my health, so I don't get to do the things I like as often as I would like to.
>>
>>929723
>skin
I guess I was channeling Buffalo Bill. Skiing*.
>>
Being left alone for the moment.
>>
File: you don't understand.jpg (22KB, 298x299px) Image search: [Google]
you don't understand.jpg
22KB, 298x299px
>>926873
>human life has no worth. Even if it did,none would care about yours

true. its a good thing other people's opinions are outside of my control and are therefore irrelevant.

>If you truly tried you would've also tried to strive for things that are outside of your own capabilities

we can strive for things that are outside our capabilities, sure, but because they are outside our capabilities and therefore outside our control we should not be surprised if we do not obtain them, or if, due to some outside force, we are unable to even start on the road to their acquisition.

furthermore, i would like to say that it is possible to strive for something outside your power by only focusing and acting on things that are within your power. it's easy and i find it to be a much more effective use of my time than trying to change what i have no power over.

>Be the best man you can and your self worth will be defined by your ambition to do things others wouldn't.

if by "be the best man" you mean make proper use of my judgements, and "do things others wouldn't" you mean stay away from error and faulty decisions then i fully agree with you. but i think our beliefs differ in that we have two different views of the destiny of humanity. i think we could both agree, though, that whatever conclusions we come to with our differing views we ultimately believe that valid thought should lead to personal freedom and strength, right?

i've found such detachment gained through the disregard of what is outside my power to be a sort of freedom.
>>
Music.

I'm not even particularly knowledgeable or snobby about music either, and I'm pretty much just a casual listener, but good songs are the only thing that provide catharsis for me anymore. I am starting to not care about any other aspect of life, even science which once provided catharsis as well.

Here is some I found recently for you to enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nby7DoM8rE
>>
>>925310
Same, eating pasta makes me happy for that reason.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.