[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im interested in Gnosticism, Neoplatonism, Orphism ect. Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: abraxas.preview.jpg (37KB, 371x595px) Image search: [Google]
abraxas.preview.jpg
37KB, 371x595px
Im interested in Gnosticism, Neoplatonism, Orphism ect.

Just "mysticism" in general
>>
File: 36slide36.jpg (28KB, 400x552px) Image search: [Google]
36slide36.jpg
28KB, 400x552px
people say its "satanic"
I guess it has elements of worshiping "lucifer"
>>
File: il_570xN.361181578_tj8l.jpg (90KB, 570x738px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.361181578_tj8l.jpg
90KB, 570x738px
>>
File: SC268207.jpg (236KB, 916x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SC268207.jpg
236KB, 916x1024px
>>
Neoplatonism > gnosticism
>>
>>924130
Good to know.
>>
>>924130
I have a library full of Gnostic material, as well as Neoplatonic stuff, over in the occultism and magick thread.

I'd planned on making a Gnosticism thread today but I just had too many texts on my backlog. Just posted an article on the sorts of amulets you're posting. Anything in particular you'd like to know?
>>
>>924854
What are the differences between Plotinus' theology and that of Levantine Gnostics? What would you say the biggest differences between the two schools are?
>>
>>924775
gnosicism is a neoplatonic religion though. squares and rectangles analogy
>>
Reading the collected works of Pseudo-Dionysus atm, pretty dank famitsu.
>>
>>924862
Assuredly the place, meaning, and intent of the Demiurge and Archons.

Following Plato's suit, Plotinus reckons the Demiurge as a creative/mind function of the ONE, where Gnosticism as it arose in the Levant were probably more Deimurge neutral (incompetent at worst) compared to later consolidations by Valentinius, etc., interpretations of Demiurge as more or less the personification of the corruption of matter; THOUGH, the views fluctuate between sects - some late Gnostics still had the 'incompetent' view of Demiurge, not that he's malevolent just that he's waaaaaay out of his depth.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.