[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

So I've spent all of the last 10 minutes creating this map

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 31

So I've spent all of the last 10 minutes creating this map of countries whence historically significant empires/civilizations etc. formed throughout history.

For example, Western Europe has the colonial empires. Saudi Arabia has Islam and the subsequent expansion of it. Iran/Iraq/Egypt don't need explanation. Pakistan and India have the Indus civilization, India has many more, etc. I chose to include the Incas and Aztecs/Mayas, not because they were historically significant, but because they managed to develop fairly impressive civilizations in total isolation, (unlike for example Sub-Saharan Africa and Aboriginals in Australia)

Countries in South-America, Canada and Australia might not be red but the fact of the matter is that most ancestors of those populations are European anyway. I chose to make the US red because they dominate the world today.

Slavs and African diaspora, please contain your potential anger, this is not a map to show superiority or inferiority.

Do you guys agree or disagree? Can anyone make a case as to why I should include other countries (or perhaps exclude a country)? I'd like to learn about new civilizations.
>>
You mean civilizations that are relevant to you?

Do you understand that every person is going to have different criteria and standards for what constitutes relevancy?

Someone from fucking Nigeria or whatever is probably going to shade most of central, West, East and Northern Africa but will leave Europe grey aside from Britain and France.
>>
Looks accurate enough, though I'd argue it's hard to agree on whether you should Highlight a country according to whether it inherited the name of the ancient empire, the demographic most closely resembles that of the ancient empire, or highlight instead the geographical area that made up the beginnings of the empire.
>>
>>91742
You forgot Ethiopia and Indonesia.
>>
>>91786

>to you

No, to the development of the current world as we know it. As I say in the OP, I decided to include Inca's/Aztecs/Maya's anyway because they developed impressive civilizations in total isolation. Unlike for example Australian aboriginals, who have never done anything of note (except maybe invent the boomerang).
>>
Shit thread is shit
>>
>he thinks the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth was irrelevant
>>
>>91832

I'm sorry I didn't include your country or ancestral country, you can gtfo though as you're not contributing.
>>
>>91742
Are you American?
>>
>>91821
But there are obviously massive swathes of the world that you know nothing about. How is Sweden more relevant than the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth or the Kingdom of Axum?

>Unlike for example Australian aboriginals, who have never done anything of note (except maybe invent the boomerang)
How many books on Australian aboriginal history have you read? How many professors of their history have you consulted? How do you know this? I
>>
>>91821
>Australian aboriginals, who have never done anything of note

If you seriously think this you are quite ignorant
>>
>Belgium deemed not relevant but Hungary is
>>
>>91742
> Inca empire
> Peru only
This thread would be funny if it wasn't such a disaster.
>>
>>91896
Not him but, please feel free to drop a link to aboriginal achievements.

At least I've never seen anyone argue in their favor before.
>>
>>91876
>>91896
You seem like the type of people who should browse tumblr instead of /his/. Australian aboriginals have absolutely no notable achievements. At least Polynesians were masters of sea-faring. I'm guessing aboriginals have had to be too at one point to end up in Australia, but other than that they have absolutely done nothing to warrant being deemed historically significant in any shape or form.
>>91875
Dutch.
>>91907
Austria-Hungary + Hunnic empire + Kingdom of Hungary.
>>
Lacking Poland-Lithuania
Lacking Magyar Hungary
Lacking Malian Empire
Lacking Brazilian Empire
Lacking Belgian Empire
Lacking Carthage (Tunisia)

That's just from a cursory glance.
>>
>>91928
Not that anon, but have you tried reading one of the hundreds upon hundreds of books about Australian aborigines? Or even just looking up 'australian aborigines' on JSTOR or something?
>>
>Bulgaria not deemed to have had a sufficient empire but the Hungarians were
>>
>>91955
Disregard Magyar hungary, evidently my glance was a bit too cursory.
>>
>>91926

Peru was the center of their empire. I also didn't include Cyprus even though they were part of the Roman empire, or Tajikistan because they were part of the Russian empire/Soviet Union.

I'm sorry that I didn't include Chile/Ecuador/whatever country you're form, but this is not a thread about nationalism.
>>
>>91950
>Hunnic
>Hungary
Maybe you could have argued the Magyars, but not the huns.
>>
File: magyar-warriors.jpg (40KB, 450x324px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
magyar-warriors.jpg
40KB, 450x324px
>>91970
>>91907
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_invasions_of_Europe
>>
>>91955

>Poland-Lithuania
Thought about it.
>Brazilian empire
Not historically significant at all.
>Belgian empire
Not even close to historically significant, I would include Brazil before the Belgian empire.
>Carthage
Good call.
>>
>>91950
I asked you a question that you haven't answered. How many books about the history of Australian Aboriginals have you read? Have you consulted any experts in that field? How did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>91983
Peru was formed 3 centuries after the Inca empire. The borders of Peru have very little relation to the borders of the empire. Your thread is historically laughable.
>>
>>91983
Dude, maybe you had good intentions but your map is way too simple, especially seeing how it tries to adjust ancient kingdoms to modern political boundaries, but even that's just a drop in the bucket of reasons why it's bad.

You should start out by adding notations of the year and empires you're referring to alongside the geographical area.
>>
>>92017

I've read dozens of books about them and consulted many experts in this field of history. On top of that, I've traveled through Australia and have had the opportunity to live with the Aboriginals in their original habitat.

I came to the conclusion that they are not even as historically advanced as the Sumerians in 3000BC were.
>>
>>91950
>Dutch
Ah, yes. European was my second thought.
Though I must admit Europeans have much better knowledge of geography than Americans.
Americans think the world consists of America.
Europeans think the world consists of America *and* Europe.
>>
Why Uzbekistan ? Because of the timurids ?
>>
File: 4187458.jpg (42KB, 379x253px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4187458.jpg
42KB, 379x253px
>>92014
Brazil's empire was hugely important in the shaping of South American geopolitics coming into the modern era.

Belgium's empire is relevant, for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>92045
>shit talking the Sumerians
>>
>>92045
>I've read dozens of books about them and consulted many experts in this field of history.
Are you also a Navy seal with 300 confirmed kills?
>>
>>92044
"no"
>>92024

>The administrative, political, and military center of the empire was located in Cusco in modern-day Peru.

You're obviously a butthurt Chilean or whatever. Obviously it's not perfect, but I will not include a country like Chile or Ecuador or another historically insignificant shithole because the Incas conquered a part of their land.

The fact that I even included Peru was not necessary, as all Pre-Columbian civilizations have had absolutely no impact on world history.
>>
>>91742
>So I've spent all of the last 10 minutes creating this map of countries whence historically significant empires/civilizations etc.
>Includes Israel, Sweden, Syria, Iraq, and what I think is Uzbekistan or Turkmenistan
>Doesn't include Poland, Lithuania, Bulgaria, or Mali.
>>
>>92074
>Obviously it's not perfect
This didn't cross anybody's mind.
>>
>>92063
Yes, also many other Turkic civilizations and historically relevant cities like Samarkand and Bukhara.
>>92066
>cutting off the hands of some Africans
>relevant
I'm sorry, that doesn't cut it (lel).
>>92071
I'm not. I'm saying that the Sumerians in 3000BC were already more advanced than Aboriginals are now.
>>92073
You asked a stupid question, I gave an answer. Now you ridicule my answer. Nice moving goalposts.
>>
>>91742
>>91742
The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was historically significant and you're a fool to think otherwise.


>>91821
>to the development of the current world as we know it
>not including Polish-Lithuania
>including Sweden

I don't remember the swedes stopping the advance of the Ottomans and saving Europe, oh that's right, they didn't. They sat up north jacking it to Gustav.
>>
>>92112
The Belgian Congo was one of the biggest scandals of pre-war Europe, and made a lot of nations completely reexamine their colonial policies.
>>
>>92112
Please remove the Netherlands all they did was beat up Indians and sell spices
>>
>>92005
>Huns
>Effecting anything in the long run
After the battle of Lechfeld the Hungarians were pretty meh in overall influence, the Bulgars ravaged the Eastern Roman Empire so many times that they could be considered a larger factor in its eventual collapse than the Turks.
>>
>>92088


If you think that Israel, Syria and Iraq are not TEN times more relevant than Poland, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Mali you're an absolute fucking retard.

Israel
>birthplace of Abrahamic religions
>some of the first permanent settlements (Jericho)
Syria
>Damascus capital of the Ummayad caliphate
>cities thousands of years old
Iraq
>Sumeria
>Babylonia
>Assyria
>Baghdad and Abbasid Caliphate

Let me guess, you're a Slav? Sod off.
>>
>>92112
Fair enough (for Uzb.)

You could also add Cambodia (khmer)
>>
>Bohemia
>irrelevant
>>
>>92123
I already acknowledged Poland-Lithuania for fuck's sake. I should have included them. Now stop your comments.

I fucking knew butthurt Slavs would brigade this thread. Always happens.
>>92140
The Netherlands was massively important. The VoC on its own warrants being on the list.
>>
>>92190
>butthurt Slavs
Si asi le llamas a un Mexicano, pues orale wey.
>>
>>92190
>calling Britain into the first world war
>not more relevant than selling some shitty spices and going autistic about tulips
>>
>>92156
>some of the first permanent settlements (Jericho)
Didn't they destroy that place with music?
>>
>>92112
He questioned your legitimacy to make proper claims, which is hardly a stupid notion. You answered him with a complete bullshit answer. You're too dense to see that the significance of certain empires might be valued differently depending where you are from. If you weren't born in Holland but in Ethiopia you might have scratched off Holland because all they did was trade and pirate English fleets.
>>
>>92200
Please have some patience. It takes some time to digest the information he got from reading so many books and from consulting so many experts in the field of history. This map took him 10 minutes, imagine if he had taken 15!
>>
File: 1442049464388.png (140KB, 1000x799px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442049464388.png
140KB, 1000x799px
>>91810
Kievan Rus was founded in Ukraine.
>>
>>92226

Aboriginals have done nothing of note. Now go back to tumblr or reddit or wherever you came form. Or better yet, explain why the Aboriginals were not absolutely irrelevant.
>>
File: 32451261437.png (261KB, 1271x845px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
32451261437.png
261KB, 1271x845px
>>92061
>Europeans think the world consists of America *and* Europe
The world is european clay after all.
>>
>>92261
Boomerangs are cool beans, yo
>>
>>92156
>Israel
>>birthplace of Abrahamic religions
>>some of the first permanent settlements (Jericho)
Not really that major an effect on history as a whole compared to say the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth containing Ottoman expansion or the Bulgar Empire which was a major factor in the decline of the Eastern Roman Empire.


>Syria
>>Damascus capital of the Ummayad caliphate
The Ummayads didn't originate in Damascus though nor did they take their culture from Damascus, it was simply a big city they set up as their capital. Using your logic Mongolia shouldn't be on the map because the Mongol Empires never used Mongol cities as their capitals after the establishment of the Mongol Empire.
>>cities thousands of years old
Just because cities existed doesn't mean that they effected anything, ancient cities existed in modern Sudan too.


>Iraq
Fair enough
>>
>>92190
OP, what does historically significant mean to you? Because every single person and every single action has shaped history in some way, because history is the record of humanity. Your European biases are showing like a giant red exclamation mark on your head.
>>
Updated version, included Poland, Lithuania (iffy on this one, but whatever) and Bulgaria.
>>
What country is that below Kazakhstan? What did they do that is historically significant?
>>
File: 1443822788940.png (151KB, 449x442px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443822788940.png
151KB, 449x442px
>>92267
>russia
>europe
>>
>>91742
>not including the graveyard of empires
>>
>>92296

So you say that Judaism, Christianity and Islam (all a direct consequence of what happened in the area which now corresponds to Israel) on a whole has not had as big an effect on history as Poland-Lithuania? That's honestly the dumbest thing I've heard on 4chan in the last week. Thrashed.
>>92297
>European biases
Which is why I have included many Asian countries too, right? Aboriginals were not historically relevant, deal with it.
>>
>>92304
>not including Korea whose Admiral Yi checked and slowed Japanese expansion long enough for the Chinkadinks to come in and drive them back

It's like you want to be called a mouth breathing retard or something.
>>
>>92330
>afghanistan
>relevant.
>>
>>92261
Jesus christ dude, because I think you're a dumbfuck doens't mean I came from reddit. I ain't got shit for the abo's, throw ethiopia on that map though. They were just as civilized as the egyptians or sumerians were except they did not build flashy giant piramids so you would read about them in your highschool history books.
>>
>>92330
Meh, Afghanistan has mostly been influenced by the Persian civilizations in the West, Turkic civilizations up north and Indian civilizations in the East. Not worthy of a place on the list, with all due respect, Afghan.
>>92306
Uzbekistan. Spawned many Turkic empires (including the Timurid empire), Samarkand and Bukhara were important cities which spawned many scientists, poets, etc. For example, both Avicenna and al-Khwārizmī (two of the most important Muslim scholars during the Golden Age) were actually from this region.
>>
>>92304
How many books and experts in the field of history did you consult for your updated map? I need to know.
>>
>>91742
>forgetting Mali
M8, those guys trashed the gold economy when they went on Hajj.
>>
>>92364
I'm actually with OP on this one, they might have been just as civilized but what did they do to significantly shape human history?
>>
>>92362
>What is Baktra and Zoroastranism
>>
>>92304
>still no Belgium
>still no Mali
>still no Bohemia
>considers the Netherlands relevant due to their trading power but not Indonesia which they conquered to gain that.
>>
>>92386
No he didn't, they could have, but he didn't.
>>
>>91742
Ireland was a part of the British Empire you stupid faggot.
>>
>>92383
Twelve experts, two of which are Rhodes scholars and five of which are MacArthur Fellows.
>>92361
Exactly, I didn't include Korea, I don't think they impacted history in a major way.
>>92364
>Ethiopian civilizations
>as relevant as Sumeria and Egypt
Thrashed.
>>
>>92389
>baktra
>literally irrelevant
>Zoroastrianism
>Zoroaster was born in bakta, "We wuz philosopherz and shit"
>>
>>92353
I'm not that Aboriginalaboo anon, I'm just asking for some sort of methodology. Why are you not including the Khmer? The Kingdom of Mali? Greater Serbia? Ethiopia? Brazil? All of these countries have, at one point in history, been major powers in their regions. Also, pick Sweden, during the 16th-17th centuries, the Zulu in South Africa, etc. I'm just saying that you need to have some sort of consistency and transparency here, nerd.
>>
>>92399
>considers the Netherlands relevant because he's from there
Fixed.
>>
>>92411

They also have neat songs

>celtic women in concert

glorious.
>>
>>92417
>I don't think they impacted history in a major way.
Well you're a mouth breathing retard then.
>>
>>92422
>Baktra
>Irrelevant
>Zoroastranism
>Irrelevant
Get a load of this shit geez
>>
>>92353
>So you say that Judaism, Christianity and Islam (all a direct consequence of what happened in the area which now corresponds to Israel) on a whole has not had as big an effect on history as Poland-Lithuania?
As a whole yes. The only real major effects of Judaism and its successor religions were a single unified religion in Europe and the expansion and migrations of the Turks and Arabs. Outside of that they didn't effect much. The Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth meanwhile helped to slow Turkish expansion in Europe as well as acting as a delaying effect and a vector for the expansion of numerous other empires depending on the era and its relative state of decline. Not to mention the ethnic clusterfuck that it Poland being the spark that finally ignited the second world war.

Sure as hell more important than Peru and Sweden at least, not to mention Hungary.

>Thrashed.
Ah yes, winning an argument by proclaiming that you won it.
>>
Red = OP has an intense or at least passing familiarity with the history of this country
Grey = OP does not know anything about the history of this country
>>
>>92436
Ok Kim-Yong Un, thanks for your contribution.
>>92425
Nope, the reason is that the Netherlands was the most powerful country financially and militarily for almost a century.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Golden_Age
Educate yourself, senpai.
>>92399
>Belgium
Why are they relevant?
>Mali
No
>Bohemia
Why are they relevant?
>>
>>91742
You could do with Ukraine for the Khazars, probably Poland and Lithuania for the Commonwealth too, Ethiopia and Mali for obvious reasons, Tunisia for Carthage
>>
>>92423
>Why are you not including the Khmer? The Kingdom of Mali? Greater Serbia? Ethiopia? Brazil?

See:
>>92417
>I don't think they impacted history in a major way


He's just going by what he "thinks". I mean I thought being a significant force in stopping the Japanese Empire from coming about a few hundred years ahead of schedule was a significant impact on history but clearly he does not.
>>
>>92453
>A nearly dead religion which never spread much outside of Persia is super relevant.
>>
>>92453
>baktra
>get attacked by nomads
>run into the punjab
>get conquered

>Zoroaster
>the chief religion of persia
>therefore bactria is relevant.
>>
>>92460
Please see >>92045
He's read dozens of books and consulted many experts. How many books and how many experts have you consulted?
>>
>>92457

My last reply to you because you seem to be genuinely the dumbest person alive right now, but Christianity and Islam have been so massively important throughout history and still are, it's not even debatable. They wouldn't even have been an Ottoman empire without Islam. Entire continents were converted by Christians. Entire empires were created for religious reasons.

But you're a Pole, obviously butthurt as shit about everything. No reason to reply to you at all,
>>
>>92472
>Nope, the reason is that the Netherlands was the most powerful country financially and militarily for almost a century.
WE WUZ KINGS N SHEIT

WE WUZ BUILDIN' SHIPS N TRADIN WHILE THOSE LIMEYS WUZ STILL LIVIN IM CAVES!
>>
>>92417
Explain to me what exactly makes egypt so much more influential besides being in contact with greeks and romans during the antiquity
>>
>>92506
At least a bajillion.
>>
>>92304
Ukraine, Mali and Ethiopia should be in there, getting better.
>>
File: abidjan-early2000s.jpg (3MB, 3500x2299px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
abidjan-early2000s.jpg
3MB, 3500x2299px
>>92477
OP isn't responding to any of the big criticisms with anything more than memes, so this is obviously a troll thread. Anyone want an African cityscape dump? I always find those interesting.
>>
>>92472
>the Netherlands was the most powerful country financially and militarily for almost a century.
WE WUZ MERCHANTS

Wow, so out of the entire timespan of human history, the Netherlands was relevant for less than 100 years
>>
>Carthage
>Moors
>Barbary states
>Irrelevant
>>
>>92514

THERE IS LITERALLY A GUY WHO CLAIMS THAT ETHIOPIA COMES CLOSE TO EGYPT IN TERMS OF INFLUENCE


YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.


I swear, a /his/ without Slavs and African diaspora would be so great.
>>
>>92514
>besides being in contact with greeks and romans during the antiquity


Not OP but that is much more significant than you give it credit for. Being in contact with other nations is what gives them the ability to impact history, being isolationist and out of the way is what makes you a foot note.
>>
File: Girls.png (477KB, 560x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Girls.png
477KB, 560x500px
>>92472
>the Netherlands was the most powerful country militarily and financially for over a century
>>
>>92516
Oh shit. A bajillion is certainly more than many. OP has clearly found his match.
>>
File: Bole-AddisAbeba.jpg (102KB, 960x507px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bole-AddisAbeba.jpg
102KB, 960x507px
>>
>>92538

Ah, now the North African comes here to advocate his region.

For fuck's sake, this is /his/, fuck off to /pol/ for nationalism you dumb idiot.
>>
>>91742
desu you did not show places where significant empires have been formed, but where empires that are commonly known/taught in the schooling system were formed. That being said, this is biased by the western view. if an african would make this map, he'd mark the yoruba kingdom, egipt and other things significant for his culture and history.
>>
>>92541
If my claim is so ridiculous it should be easy to answer my question.
>>
>>92541
Well, how doesn't it? All memes and shitposting aside I want to understand your rationale. By what measure is Egypt more relevant than Ethiopia?
>>
>>92558
man, addis is so comfy.
>>
>>92568
Empires only count if they happen north of the Sahara, anon.
>>
File: Lagos.jpg (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lagos.jpg
1MB, 1024x768px
>>
>>92558
They make great spaghetti there.

Everyone always tells me how great Ethiopian food is but when I was there it was basically just piles of really tender meat you scoop up with a pancake.

It's pretty tasty but it looks like vomit so it's hard to get into it
>>
>not including the Empire whose Kings were the richest men in history and haven't been eclipsed even today

>not including the Empire who controlled one of the largest urban conurbations prior to industrialization

Yeah no, OP
>>
>>92267
What happened in Liberia?
>>
>>
>>92548
They were only isolated from Europe, which is exactly the point I'm trying to make. The fact that europe dominates the world a good 3000 years later does not mean african or arabian history is now irrelevant. Make this thread on a somali shitposting website and you'll have a completely different map.

Besides, if the american civilizations are getting credit for building impressive societies why don't the Ethiopians get credit for doing the same a few thousand years earlier.
>>
>>92609
Nothing it was American for a while so it doesn't count as "controlled by Europe"
>>
File: 1439241259116.gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439241259116.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>92566
>hurr your culture and history are irrelevant fucking subhumans
>go back to /pol/ you nationalist fuck how dare you claim otherwise?
>>
>>92609
>American slaves get freed
>get sent back to Africa
>start treating the natives like garbage
>everything kicks off
>>
Why are there so many Sub-Saharan Africans shilling here?

Ethiopia and Mali have always been shitholes.
>>
>>92472

Dude I guess you are Dutch too. Laat ze lekker stikken, wat boeit het als een stel tokkies Nederland niet waarderen. Maar wees eerlijk, zo'n gigantisch rijk waren we niet.
>>
>>92628
>>92628
Ok, then would you care to explain WHY they're relevant and HOW they impacted world history instead of saying, "they were as civilized as egypt" which is a non-statement and irrelevant.
>>
>America is not included.
Shame, shame, shame... Shame on you!
>>
>>92646
Places around the world were just as shitholey as they were during their peak so...
>>
>>92573
The simple fact that remnants of Egyptian culture influence us today. Ethiopian culture is badass and deserves note for being a real life version of Wakanda. (They were the only African nation to BTFO the colonists).
So yes, Ethiopians are relevant, hell no they aren't as relevant as the Egyptians
>>
File: Djibouti_Ville.jpg (50KB, 520x378px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Djibouti_Ville.jpg
50KB, 520x378px
>>92664
But what do you mean by "impacted history"? The people in those countries were certainly impacted by those empires.
>>
File: 0970.jpg (115KB, 1000x635px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0970.jpg
115KB, 1000x635px
>>92646
Do you have any historical sources to substantiate that claim
>>
>>92583
only because of your perspective. It all depend where you come from and what influenced your history and culture. i gave yoruba kingdom as an example because that literally the only thing important that i know south of egipy/mali empire.
>>
>>92664
>vital part of the arabian sea trade route
>regularly used to make incursion in arabia
>held back the islamic expansion into africa proper for a couple of centuries.
>>
>>92688
He means whether people like him in the Netherlands were impacted.
>>
>>92646
>I have no interest in history and I'm angry that other people know things I don't!
>>
So I guess everyone agrees with the final version I posted?
>>
>>92704
>green text (hi)story (kek I'm so clever :D)

Expand on those ideas please.
>>
>>92711
Excuse me but we wuz merchants okay
>>
>>92733
You should ask the many experts in the field of history you're acquainted with. They should give you a better idea.
>>
>>92737
http://www.dskmariam.org/artsandlitreature/litreature/pdf/aksum.pdf
>>
>>92671
I should rephrase this, the United States.
>>
>>92733
I think you labeled the Netherlands red by mistake.
>>
>>92777
Yeah, no.
>>
>>91742
>Saudi Arabia has Islam and the subsequent expansion of it.

Saudi is a very new country and the king of Saudi is not the "pope" of islam...
Mecca has Islam may be more or less correct.
>>
File: 1389687585113.png (194KB, 500x334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389687585113.png
194KB, 500x334px
>>92472
>the reason is that the Netherlands was the most powerful country financially and militarily for almost a century.
This is you.
>>
>>92793

Nope, it was done on purpose.
>>
This is a pretty funny thread, I am proud of the way /his/ has responded to OP's idiocy
>>
>>92803
Why? It's a completely irrelevant country
>>
>>92794
what?
>>
>>92803
Why are they relevant?
>>
Lads, I updated the map. Here, "green" means particularly irrelevant, more so than other countries.
>>
>>92794
I ain't reading that shit nigga
>>
>>92843
is for
>>92826
>>
>>92803
Thought the OP specified relevant countries
>>
>>92842
>Denmark is relevant
>ethiopia and mali are irrelevant.
>>
>>92842
Why isn't Netherlands green?
>>
>>92824
Here in uzbekistan the dutch have not influenced our history at all, I demand they get taken off the list.
>>
>>92842
you forgot Brazil.
>>
>>92843
>asks for points to be expanded
>refuses to read expansion

lol go fuck yourself
>>
>>92824
It's part of a concentrated shitposting strategy.

A regular run of the mill shitpost is factually wrong or at least an exaggerated reality that's meant to inspire emotions of rage, but are usually seen through quickly and therefore fail.

A great shitpost requires a veil of tainted truth that attracts the attention of those who think it might just be regular ignorance, so that it can then fluorish into a full on bait.

>>92842
Kek.
>>
>>92842
You forgot to uncolour the Netherlands
>>
>>92853
take your time
well worth the read
>>
>>92703
>tripfag
>too retarded to even grasp the most obvious uses of sarcasm

Adds up desu
>>
>>91955
belgian >""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""empire""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>92869
Ok, see, I'm trying to help you,

OP doesn't want to do X, you need to adequately explain WHY he needs to rather than bitch at him and post a link you lazy bastard.
>>
>>92842
When have the Netherlands ever influenced Canada? They should be put in green desu.
>>
>>92267
japan was colonized by the Dutch
>>
>>92842
>being THIS butthurt about being btfo by people who know more history than you do

Lovin every laff
>>
>>92903
Still better than the Netherlands I'd say.
>>
>>92842
You're missing the point.

Every country is going to be relevant in some way to someone.

An Ethiopian is going to think Axum and the Swahili coast are more relevant than China or Peru.

A South African is going to think that The Zulu Kingdom and the Netherlands are more relevant than Sweden or Turkey.

The entire map might as well be red. It's all relative.
>>
You can't put germany
if you do then you have to put polish commonwelath
Bulgarian empires

Italy?
What about cartage then

Khazaks?
>>
>>92903
>>>>>>
>>
>>92918
They were allowed to build trade posts on their soil, they did not colonize them.
>>
>>92938
See the updated map for fuck's sake.
>>
>>92948
aka trade colony = colonizing
>>
>>91786
Oh, this is a SJW forum i see

Yes of course, Northern Africa is something to feel proud about, and Europe is not awe-inspiring at all, oh nono, this is our "cultural bias", this is why thousands of Northern Africas flock to Europe in a daily basis.

There is no opinnions, only truth.
>>
>>92911
I didn't post the link
>>
>>92267
Uh, Ethiopia repelled Europeans until WWII m8. Should be "Partial influence" at best. Italians only held it for like 3-4 years.
>>
>>92925
>An Ethiopian is going to think Axum and the Swahili coast are more relevant than China or Peru.
Yeah, well, that's why Ethiopia is a 3rd world shithole no one cares about


>muh historical relativity
yeah, you can gtfo now.
>>
>>92921
Yeah dude we're doing it to make you butthurt not because you have preconceived notions about how relevant your country is which do not hold up to fact or reason.
>>
>>92921
We already went past you, OP. Shitposting on this thread is now on autopilot.
>>
>>92918
It should be yellow, a lot of their gastronomy and loan words in japanese come from portugal.
>>
>>92923
walen uit
>>
>>92963
Then stop jumping into conversations you god damn faggot, geez.
>>
>>92961
No this is not a forum like that. But this is a thread which mentions historical significance and relevance. Which countries in Africa had plenty of in the past. Not relevance at this point in time. Which Africa has very little of. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>92953
Yeah, but why is Netherlands on that map?
>>
>>92925
>Every country is going to be relevant in some way to someone.

And this thread is for countries who were relevant on a global scale, not just to little pablo or mohammed in his cave or bikkibactu sleeping on the plains.
>>
>>92985
when you're actively refusing to read something because you're too lazy i'm gonna call you a fuckwit, fuckwit
>>
>>92861
...but is Brazil relevant to the part of the Netherlands OP is from?
>>
So I think we can all agree about Egypt and Tunisia being the only relevant countries in Africa?
>>
>>93001
why shouldn't it be? you're probably just saying this because your cunt isnt on this map
>>
>>92960
a colony means it's under direct control of the colonizer, japan was technically just a trade partner
>>
>>92961
>there is no opinions only truth
What the fuck are you talking about anon
>>
>>93007
Then why isn't Netherlands green?
>>
>>93025
colony =/= country under direct control of the colonizer
>>
>>92992
>Get your head out of your ass.
Maybe you should, explain to me what relevance has Africa (outside of Egypt) had in comparisson with, say, the UK

You are just a picky little bitch who wants to give a medal to anyone

Im not even from a shaded country, but im not a moron

>>93031
That relativity is bullshit for losers
>>
>>92992
>Which countries in Africa had plenty of in the past.
NAME IT AND EXPLAIN IT FAGGOT

What did they change? How did it impact the world?

>invaded arabia
>traded with fags
>zomg they launched a revolution

Yeah, no, that's laughable.

>inb4 posting a link

Explain it and stop bitching that OP isn't listening, he's already revised the map once which shows he's open to suggestion if the case is compelling enough, if he isn't listening to you it's because you suck at arguing your case.
>>
>>92961
You keep mentioning /pol/ and SJWs, you're the only one in this thread that does that. I suggest you keep that shit in /pol/ and keep it /his/.
>>
ALLOCHTOON-CENTRIC EDUCATION has robbed the dutch of ower place in history

we were KINGS

we were MERCHANST

that's what they don't want u to no...

history might tell u for example that seán pilib ó huallachain was an irishman??

well you've been DECEIVED!!

the English version of his name is 'john phillip **HOLLAND**'

he was a DUTCHMAN
>>
>>92953
TRIGGERED?
>>
>>93015
I'm actively refusing because Idgaf about Ethiopia or the map.

>>93017
I meant it should be green.
>>
>>93033
because it was globally relevant
>>
>>93042
Do you even read history books, mate? I get a feeling that you don't considering you don't understand the concept of a differing opinion.
>>
>>92961
We're arguing truth now? I direct you to this thread.

>>91298
>>
>>92842
>Mexico still red
>Peru still red
>Japan still red

None of these countries have influenced the world, although a fringe argument can be made for japan.
>>
For the people who think the Netherlands shouldn't be on the list

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dutch_inventions_and_discoveries
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Golden_Age
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_East_India_Company

Just some wiki pages to read. Thanks.
>>
>>93054
Oh i see, now i can't call you what you are in case people go looking the interwebs and finds out that the Anon who has been being a little bitch trying to relativize the most simplest of things and bring confusion into the discussion for the sake of being politically correct, is actually very well documented as a subculture of whiny armchair transgenders who are "activists" on various internet forums?

S
J
W
>>
>>93067
That was a hearty minute's laugh, thanks anon.
>>
the Dutch literally invented capitalism aka not relevant i guess
>>
>>93086
>links
I'm not reading that shit. Either explain it to me in your own words or change Netherlands to green.
>>
>>93077
What a wasted opportunity for lulz.

First five responses should have been:
>is love truth?
>What is love?
>Baby don't hurt me..
>Don't hurt me...
>no more

Makes me sick to me stomach I tell you what.
>>
>>93084

As you can read in the OP, I included Mexico and Peru for other reasons. I am however starting to doubt Japan's place on the list.
>>
>>92965
What's your view? Historical objectivity?
>>
>>93111
WE
WUZ
MERCHANTS
>>
>>93111
>people never traded before the dutch
>>
>>93042
>what relevance does this place have in comparison with one of the most relevant countries of all time

Yeah because that's fair.

I'd say that having the richest man as their king, who to this day has not been overtaken means that they're historically relevant
>>
>>91742
Ok quick question, which countries', histories contribute the most to understanding the world as it is, and how it came to be. On a global level mind you.

Name only ten for your list. Yes I'm asking for opinions.
>>
>>93131
butthurt
guy
whose
country
isnt
red
>>
>>93143
>trading is the same as capitalism
>>
>>93126
It sure as shit isn't cultural Marxism like you.
>>
>>93158
It actually is, though I wish it wasn't, seeing as the Netherlands is red.
>>
>>91742

Khmer empire in Southeast Asia was pretty dope, take a look at all the temples they made.
>>
>>93076
>you don't understand the concept of a differing opinion
Then give it, don't just tell me my opinnion is wrong cause im not "inclusive" or "fair".
Just fucking throw facts to support whatever you believe in, stop being a policeman
>>
Updated version. I removed the Latin American countries. Even though I think they're impressive, they were too isolated to have impacted the world.

Also, do you guys think that Japan belongs on the list or not? They were isolated for a very long time.
>>
>>93174
>muh cultural marxism meme
>>
>>93084
You heard it here first folks, WW2 never happened
>>
>>93111
I thought the metric were once global powers like the UK, Spain and France?
>>
>>93041
but that's exactly what the term means, the fact that there was a tiny trade colony in japan doesn't mean Japan was effectively colonized. There was simply a tiny enclave that allowed trade between the two empires.
>>
>>93189
....But you're literally a cultural marxist.
>>
>>93171
>free goods and trade was not done before the dutch
>>93180
they were influenced very heavily by the cholas
>>
>>93023
Algeria and Morocco had their moment with the invasion of Spain and barbary piracy
Mali was an important center of learning that muslim scholars from around the world visited
Ethiopia too because of aksum and the ethiopian empire.
>>
>>93188
Why are you asking us? Don't you have many books and experts on the field of history to consult with?
>>
>>93149
>OP wants to make a "World Relevance map"
>Anon says is not fair to do it that way, you should shade all the countries
>>
Countries I'm iffy on:

>Japan
>North/South Korea
>Uzbekistan
>Syria
>Lithuania
>Bulgaria
>Denmark
>Sweden

Opinions would be appreciated.
>>
>>93131
Kek.
>>
>>93106
>he actually believes in the boogeyman

I'm just a dude who thinks you're a retard, could you please stop spewing your memes and effectively shitting up this board. It's not even a week old, it's too young to be abused like this.
>>
>>93208
still doesn't know what capitalism is
>>
>>93174
>cultural Marxism

There's no such thing, sorry mate.
>>
>>93086
I can search up any country and golden age and get a wikipedia page or book about it anon. Can you please make an argument not based upon your opinion and actually back it up with some evidence?
>>
>>93233
>World War 2 never happened, so Japan is irrelevant

this thread is so great
>>
>>93249
so what would you describe as capitalism?
>>
File: Ebc9DrV.jpg (878KB, 4500x3000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ebc9DrV.jpg
878KB, 4500x3000px
u poor, poor allochtoon fools

so you think John MacDonald was..
SCOTTISH?

heh, not likely

if he was Scottish, then how did he know so much about the Flying DUTCHman???

and then u have John o'Groats, a Scottish town named after a Dutch trader, fair enuf...
But why in Scotland?
Because ALL SCOTS are DUTCH

The Celts STOLE our history...
>>
File: 1435457161080.jpg (65KB, 1012x581px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435457161080.jpg
65KB, 1012x581px
>subjective criterion
>equating ancient civilzations to modern countries
>comparing ancient and modern civilizations

Is there any use for this map besides bragging rights on /pol/?
Just copy the countries from civilzation m8.
>>
>>93188
Eh, I would re-add them.

Their cultures live on today, Mexico wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for the Tlaxcalans, Aztecs, Mayans and other inigenous groups.

In Mexico they domesticated several kinds of crops used in a wide array of cuisines and industries. Corn for example is the single largest reason we have industrial cattle and pork production as it¿s the main source of feed for the animals.

Similarly potatoes (originating from the Inca region) is one of the single largest contributors to the explosion in population seen after the Colombian exchange.

In fact, the importance of the Colombian exchange to human histry cannot be overstated.
>>
>>93253

>evidence
The evidence is contained therein. The

>any country

Please tell me about the Gambian Golden Age.
>>93254
I'm asking lad, don't be so defensive.
>>
>>93233
>WW2 never happened
>Denmark not relevant, 11th century is a jew conspiracy
>>
File: luanda.jpg (274KB, 990x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
luanda.jpg
274KB, 990x600px
>>93086
https://prezi.com/vyzyhwm7psaa/mali-golden-age/

:^)
>>
File: undeniableproof.png (10KB, 640x374px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
undeniableproof.png
10KB, 640x374px
/pol/ is leaking already

it was fun while it lasted /his/
>>
>>93203
On what grounds? Because I recognize history is non-objective? That it represents compiled accounts? That these accounts are largely biased by cultural perspective?

None of that is wrong. You people just get your panties in a twist because you not only want to be sincerely devoted to your culture's superiority, but you want it to be a concretely accepted fact.

Sorry snow nigger, there's no such thing as objective history.
>>
>>93280
>>93067
You're so fucking butthurt it's unbelievable. Go back to tumblr
>>
But really, why is the Netherlands in the same list of historic relevance as the UK, Spain, Mongolia and Turkey?
>>
>>93312

>Presi

KEK YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>93156
In no particular order (though I'd probably put the UK at the top)

UK
Greece
Germany
Spain
France
India
Iraq
Portugal
Italy
USA
>>
>>93323
/po/ has been here since day 1 hour 1.
>>
>>93326
It isn't, it should be grey

Hop to it, Op
>>
>>93325
>tumblr boogeyman

I am laffin, got anything else but ad hominem and butt hurt?
>>
>>93326
the Dutch shaped the ideology which western civilization follows in the modern era
>>
audrey hollander CLAIMS to be an american of native, scottish and german ancestry..

BUT WAIT!!!

LOOK AT HER LAST NAME!!!

"""HOLLAND"""ER?

does not sound very native american, scottish, or German 2 me....
>>
>>91958
Can you actually provide any source of something historical important they did that had an impact on the world as we know it? Egypt did, China did, as did most european nations. Anorigines didn't.
>>
>entire thread derailed because OP said he was Dutch

He should have just said British, none of your niggers and spics would even try to claim we're irrelevant.
>>
>>93280
>>93067
>>93374
why ur so salty?
>>
>>93326
MUH TULIPS
>>
>>93156
Nigeria
Mexico
Australia
Canada
Serbia
Romania
Somalia
USA
South Africa
Colombia
>>
>>93239
How am i the one shitting it?
I come into a thread about shading countries that give rise to relevant civilizations of the world, and the first post is unironically "all countries matter, shade them all, muh relativity", then they say everyone who disagrees is a "/pol/ nazi", and when you associate them with the other internet group that behaves the same way you invite me to go away because im "decreasing the quality of your board"
>>
File: mars.jpg (55KB, 1200x792px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mars.jpg
55KB, 1200x792px
national colour of Holland is orange, this is accepted..

but look at Mars!!

coincidence????
>>
>>93389
This thread was a shitpost from the moment it included aztec and mayan empires but called for only relevant countries.

Simple truth is that relevancy can be measured in a variety of ways and OP is using a fuckton of measuring sticks to fit his world view.
>>
>>93330

>no china
>>
>>93233

Japan: Relevant
Korea: Relevant if they start WW3
Uzbek: Hasn't been relevant since BC
Syria: Only relevant when under muslim rule, so not sure if this counts as arab influence and not syrians in particular.
Lithuania: Not relevant
Bulgaria: Not relevant
Denmark: Not relevant since vikings
Sweden: Not relevant since Thirty Years War
>>
>>93156
The Netherlands
Utrecht
Holland
Friesland
Belgium
Burgundy
Middle Francia
>>
>>93430
>This thread was a shitpost from the moment it included aztec and mayan empires but called for only relevant countries.
see:
>>93284

Columbian exchange was a big deal.
>>
>>93436
>Syria is irrelevant
Look at where it is on the map, remember what we had there?
Op isn't talking about the nations themselves but rather the nations that once rose from that geographical location.
>>
>>93324
>there's no such thing as objective history
Who won 2008 American election?
What year and month did the twin towers fall?

Stop being retarded, history is objective, all opinnions are lies, there is only one truth
>>
>>93156
UK
Germany&Austria (counting these as one)
France
USA
China
Russia
Spain
Portugal
Mongols
Italy
>>
>>93429
This is a convincing argument. Together with the many books and experts in the field of history OP has consulted, I am now convinced the Netherlands is as historically relevant as the UK and Spain.
>>
OP, a question.

Are you asking for countries that were EVER relevant

Or countries whos relevancy stands to today.
>>
>>93479

It doesn't matter when they were relevant, as long as their relevancy had a significant effect on the world.

By this definition for example you can't include a country like Ethiopia, but you can include for example the Netherlands.
>>
>>93156
1. Slovenia
2. Croatia
3. Bulgaria
4. Hungary
5. SERBIA
6. Albania
7. Gyppoland
8. Africa
9. America
10. Asia
11. Europe
>>
>no mentions of morocco dominating the maghreb and al-andalus
>>
>>91742
You really should highlight the entire steppe since they have been significant forces throughout all of history as raiders if not conquerors.
>>
>>93524
who?
>>
>>93518
what about Ethiopians doe, they think Ethiopia is significant for them
>>
>>93467
Please do historiography 101. There's a difference between "fact" and "historical fact"
>>
>>93535
The first country that recognised your independence, murica
>>
>>93530

I think Russia + Mongolia + Uzbekistan is enough.
>>
>>93524
Were they as historically relevant as the Mongol raiders, the British Empire, the Spanish Empire, the Romans or the Netherlands?
>>
>>93548
says the marxist academia
nothing said after the 1960s holds any value m8

its all lazy lsd psychoanalisis and cia operatives
>>
>>93415
It's the cries of muh SJWs muh cultural marxism /pol/ shit that nobody wants to see. They're nothing but buzzwords that mean shit and aren't even used properly. It's like calling someone a commie for supporting gun control.
>>
>>93556
nah
>>
>>93556
Britain?
:^)
>>
>>91742
Literally the most retarded map I have ever seen
>>
>>93559
Obviously Ukraine as well, for both the Kievan Rus and Khazaria. But OP hasn't heard of them so they don't get in.
>>
>>93573
lol
yes
of course
>>
>>93540
Sorry let me rephrase; It doesn't matter when they were relevant, as long as their relevancy had a significant effect on the world views of a Dutch high school student.
>>
>>93592

Let me rephrase that

"he didn't include my shitty country on the map"
>>
>>93567
considering they were a dominant mediterranean force from the end of the first millenium to the ~15th century, yes.
>>
Why the shit would you tell anyone that you're dutch you stupid fucking wanker? Didn't you see the thread yesterday where dozens of anons explained why flags on posts were retarded?
>>
>>93567
Underrated post.
>>
Hey OP, why you didn't include Korea you fuck?
>>
>>93576
They are not buzzwords, a SJW is someone who believes in Social Justice, which is an ideology whose maximum exponent was Juan Domingo Peron, to this day it shits Argentina, and it has expanded like a cancer into the 1st world left, due to progressive film-makers who do revolutionary documentaries about Hugo Chavez and Nestor Kirchner

Cultural Marxism, on the other side, is a word to address the new market based on "revolution". From academia publishings to che guevara shirts, the 2010s most consumed market is that of Revolution. Punk, feminism, anarchist, social justice, psychodelia, constructivism, deconstructivism, hackers, cyberpunk, communism, kink, queer theory, animu.

All tangled together in one same disjointed group of consumers who can't even tell if they are men or women, so much have they been psychologically deconstructed by revolutionary media.
>>
>>91853
Was literally about to post this
>>
>>93680
Do Korean cartoons air in the Netherlands? How else is OP going to find out that country exists?
>>
>>93665
It's not just that he's Dutch, it's that he's Dutch and has such a ridiculously blinkered Dutch worldview that is so hilarious
>>93685
Peron was an SJW now? Who knew
>>
OP here, I'm actually American.
>>
File: giphy.gif (312KB, 267x199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy.gif
312KB, 267x199px
>>93685
>>
>>93567
Why are you comparing them to the most obvious ones on the map and not the least? Sweden, Hungary, fucking Lebanon is on there.
>>
>>93625
It is doe

dumping blog on lsd+cia history
http://www.brainsturbator.com/
>>
>>93709
Nah, sorry. OP seems to have at least a slight amount of clue about world history.
>>
>>93578
>>93581
Yeah it was, Britain did it in September 3, 1783.
Morocco in December 20, 1777.
>>
>>93704
Yeah, but we wouldn't have made it an issue if we didn't know he was dutch, we owuld have jjust seen:
>he included the netherlands
>well that's weird
And gone about our fucking day, instead we're making jokes about it.
>>
>>93685
How does this suddenly not make them buzzwords? Next thing you know you're going to elaborate on the history of autism and claim it's not a buzzword.
>>
>>93704
>Peron was an SJW now? Who knew
He always was

He didn't address language because it was the 50s, but "Social Justice" was uttered like one million times, the party is even called "Partido Justicialista"
>>
>>93741
Just because you don't understand how and why a word is used doesn't mean its a buzzword, m8, im trying to illuminate you into what other posters mean when they call you that way, maybe you could look up the things and realize you are not that special on your "original opinions"
>>
>>93733
OP could have been from mongolia and it would have been mocked the same way, its not his country, it's him.
>>
>>93720
>Hungary
Kingdom of Hungary, Hunnic empire, Austria-Hungary
>Sweden
sexy women
>Lebanon
Phoenicians (were important in seafaring, also Phoenician alphabet, from which the Arabic and Greek and thus Latin script were derived), also later founded Carthage.
>>
>>93765
your ideas are /x/-tier and as a person you're just as bad as sjws
>>
>>93745
I think the original SJW was probably Marx himself
>>
>>93777
I doubt we would have concentrated so much on it if we didn't know he included it just because it was where he's from. Afterall, no one is bitching bout Sweden and they're about as relevant.
>>
>>93786
B-b-but did they shine for 100 years and influenced capitalism?
>>
>>91742
> No Kievan Rus
> No Macedonia
> No Myanmar
> No Brazil

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>93826

No
>>
>>93786
for real tho, how is sweden relevant to world history?
>>
>>93788
1) you are literally a fascist mate, have been expecting to shut me down by telling me im unwanted and trying to project some sort of meme devil on myself

2) you don't justify, you just adhominem

3) you are literally a little faggot who is afraid of /x/ing his mind

also, you keep relativizing shit and you are attacking /x/ at the same time, which means you are not some Eris faggot creating chaos, just a SJW faggot with blue haired asshair
>>
>>93848
Vikings?
>>
>>93843
>>93843

>Macedonia
KEK
>Kievan Rus
decent point
>Myanmar
KEK
>Brazil
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEK


Anyways, it was a good thread lads. Lots of decent discussion, LOTS of butthurt, fantastic.
>>
>>93765
You explained its origins but did not even come close to explaining it's meaning. So if your intent was to 'illuminate' me, it was the worst attempt i've ever seen.

Nonetheless I know exactly what the term is used for, someone arguing that the historical significance of a nation relies heavily on who makes the list is not inherently advocating 'Social Justice'. And even it is was, pointing out that it is social justice does not make his arguments moot. It's literally a buzzword that lost all its meaning when retards like you throw it around.
>>
>>93864
>vikings
shouldn't that be denmark?
>>
>>93867
>Brazil
>KEKEKEKEKEKEKEK
It's "Huehuehuehue" you fucking noob
>>
>>93867
Good day, Dutch anon. May your many books and experts in the field of history continue guiding you.
>>
>>93891
Idk man, maybe both?
>>
>>93858
nothing wrong with ad hominem when you're not a tinfoil hat wearing fuckwit
>>
File: Civilization2.png (42KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Civilization2.png
42KB, 1357x628px
I made one of these years ago, before I realized what a stupid idea it was.
>>
>>93891
>>93905
>>93864

>vikings
>relevant
>>
File: 2462433290.png (60KB, 1450x666px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2462433290.png
60KB, 1450x666px
Not OP, but I tried with a better system. This may be a bit inaccurate for some areas of the world so do inform me if I am wrong concerning certain countries.
>>
>>93889
You are right on that one, i just explained the origins, not the meaning, is just that for me the origins explain why they are inherently wrong and severly outdated.

I also react to it, because its political insertion. This threads makes it obvious that we are supposed to discuss in an objective way, there is nothing to gain if all of us, from different countries, mention OUR relevant countries, but there is all to gain if we try to make a list that sticks for the whole world.

Arguing that this is impossible, is again, political insertion, and doesn't belong here, and needs to be atacked by /pol/lackry to create balance.

>>93934
>LSD CIA operatives on PSYCHOLOGY/PHILOSOPHY
>tinfoil
nah m8, is the mkultra the tinfoilery, this ones are documented and real
>>
>>91742
>Slavs and African diaspora, please contain your potential anger, this is not a map to show superiority or inferiority.

Poland-Lithuania? Saviours of the europe.
>>
>>92267
Ethiopia?
>>
>>93977
>Portugal
>Not blue
C'mon they had a trading post in every corner of the world. Not to mention Brazil being pretty big.
>>
>>91742
>hungary
kek what
>>
>>93647
Yeah carthage totally never did anything or had anything.
>>
>>93895
Brazilians use kkkkk as a laugh, fucking retard.
>>
>>93156

UK
Greece
Rome
France
Spain
Russia
China
USA
Germany
Egypt
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 31


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.