[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Gallic and Palmyrene Empire had Survived Rome would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Romanworld271AD.jpg (26KB, 524x377px) Image search: [Google]
Romanworld271AD.jpg
26KB, 524x377px
If the Gallic and Palmyrene Empire had Survived Rome would still be here.
>>
>>874818
tell me, is there an empire from this that is still here?
>>
>>874827
.... Swedes?
>>
Rome is still here dumbass.
>>
File: italy-road-map.jpg (232KB, 800x966px) Image search: [Google]
italy-road-map.jpg
232KB, 800x966px
>>874835
>>
>>874835
>Rome is still here dumbass.

You are right. I apologize.
>>
>>874818
The "Gallic" and "Palmyrene" empires are just modern historical names for those areas.

Really it was just Roman generals who declared themselves emperors of a few provinces, in practicality if they had survived for long they would have either been re-absorbed into Rome or been proclaimed Emperor proper.
>>
Gallic Empire???
>>
>>874818
>Gallic Roman Empire
>Palmyrene Roman Empire
>Italic Roman EMpire
If anything remaining divided any longer would've just made it easier for the Sassanids to steamroll the secessionist Roman in-fighting in the East and Germanics in West.

>>874855
>Zenobia
>Roman "general"
>>
>>874834
not an empire based anon
>>
/his/, do you think Rome should have had radical changes during the Crisis of the Third Century, in order to save itself from complete destruction? Is it possible? Inb4 #MigrantsWelcome because that's what they did.
>>
File: Aurelian.jpg (34KB, 229x216px) Image search: [Google]
Aurelian.jpg
34KB, 229x216px
The real question is did they ever stand a chance against the Glorious Emperor of the Unconquered Sun.
>>
File: Herbert_Schmalz-Zenobia.jpg (217KB, 850x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Herbert_Schmalz-Zenobia.jpg
217KB, 850x1024px
>>874818
Dfw no sexy Semitic queen to rule the east
>>
File: Odenaethus_bust.jpg (19KB, 220x345px) Image search: [Google]
Odenaethus_bust.jpg
19KB, 220x345px
If Odenaethus had lived long enough to fight Aurelian with his wife, would they have won?
>>
>>875148
Fuck no. Do you really think between Aurelian in the West and Shapur in the East, that the Palmyrene state would've survived?
>>
>>874818

The Gallic Empire seceded because of Romes inability to protect Gaul from German raiders. Though the Empire would have reunited regardless, the idea of the west focusing its resources on protecting its limes and smashing Germans early isn't such a bad idea.
>>
>England, a French colony since Rome
>>
>>875641
Well in a sense you can say that.

>30% of modern English is French loan words
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.