[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are older generations too harsh on millennials? The common trope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 22

Are older generations too harsh on millennials? The common trope is that millennials are entitled and have unrealistic expectations for their own success, even when they grew up in a very different, and much less smooth sailing socioeconomic world than that of Baby Boomers.

Furthermore, millennials are facing a planet that is literally dying, with mass extinction, habitat loss and climate change threatening the survival of most life on the planet. On top of that, the status quo is arguably in a period of interregnum--defined as the phase in civilizational development when the old paradigms have lost credibility and have yet to be replaced by new ones.

Has there been an unspoken generational class war against millennials, who could, if adequetly empowered, transform the world that has been completely crashed by baby boomers?

So, in short, is the shit-talking about millennial substantiated, or should they be given a break?
>>
I doubt any generation is satisfied with the succeeding generation simply because it's acting different than they used to. Millennials did nothing wrong
>>
>>858662

This. Every generation hacks the following. Millennials will do the same with whatever the next one gets labelled, complaining about their riding pennyfarthings around and walking their pet chinchillas on leashes, etc.
>>
File: Millennial Hero.png (588KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Millennial Hero.png
588KB, 566x800px
>>
To some degree I do think it is substantiated.
Feeling entitled to be given everything you've ever wanted without working for it is definitely a trait that is commonly seen among the Mellinnial generation. I can't tell you how many people I've seen leave the work force just because they felt that they were wasting their lives on a job and should be given a check every month or so for them to live off of.
I think that for you to earn what you have you should be doing something. From a physics standpoint, Work equals Kinetic Energy, and we do believe that energy is never lost, that thanks to conservation of energy, it all balances out in the end. Even in our lives this can be seen to some extent. In social issues this can be seen, but we do see imbalanced equations to a degree. The imbalance is on the force working against us. I'm not saying the world works perfectly, far from it, but the amount of people who simply give up and say that they should no longer have to work for the things they want are pretty annoying. There's a larger population that has been doing this as each decade goes, not saying this is anything new, but so far we do have the highest rate of this common occurrence.
The saddest part is, the typical age of these people is from anywhere between 20 and 30.

Although, seeing the generation as a whole blamed for the acts of (when put into perspective by number may be seemingly large, but in percentage perspective it's really not that great) it is sad.
>>
>Furthermore, millennials are facing a planet that is literally dying, with mass extinction, habitat loss and climate change threatening the survival of most life on the planet.

Time to turn off Fallout and go outside every once in a while. There is no mass extinction going on the last time I checked.
>>
Born in 1987 here. My generation lived in comfortable times. The fall of the Soviet Union happened when I was 4 so no worries about nuclear apocalypse. The 90's were a good time to be a kid. The economy was doing good, having a PC and going on the Internet was fun in the early 2000's.

Now, I'll be 29 in August. I've been working temp jobs and contracts with no long-term employment in sight. I've tried networking and everything else thus far. We grew too complacent that having a bachelors would guarantee us career prospects.

I can't even imagine how things will look for kids in the next couple of decades.
>>
>>858840
At least one species becomes extinct everyday, and they reckon we have murdered thousands of species before we even discovered them.
>>
>>858840
There actually is.
>>
>>858840
I honestly wish there was a massive plague that kills off more than 90% of the human population. It resets civilization and gives the Earth some time to recuperate from the damage inflicted.

If you're one of the lucky few who survive and can band together with others to rebuild civilizations, that's what I'd call peace of mind.
>>
>>858657
The same shit that the previous generation is whining about where millennials are concerned is the exact same shit the old generation that gave birth to the babyboomers whined about in the 70s.
>>
Killing of sub-sets of an animal doesn't count.
Just because it has different markings on it doesn't mean that the animal is extinct.
True extinction: The Blue-Footed Boobie.
Untrue Extinction: Human Race.
What's the difference? We see humans die every day, but there's more of them.
We don't see Blue Footed Boobies anymore because they all died.

Tl;dr, killing an animal isn't extinction until they're all gone, full SI prefixes apply.
>>
>>858871
>>858849
Sorry, meant to comment on that
>>
>>858857
>I honestly wish there was a massive plague that kills off more than 90% of the human population.

The edge.

>>858849
And how is this different from any previous period? Do you even know what a mass extinction is? Shit like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian%E2%80%93Triassic_extinction_event
>>
Nature isn't some mystical magical force. The earth doesn't care which animals live or die.
>>
>>858662
Not true. Sometimes, people are very optimistic over the following generations. It is all cyclical.

>>858864
>The same shit that the previous generation is whining about where millennials are concerned is the exact same shit the old generation that gave birth to the babyboomers whined about in the 70s.

And they were absolutely correct... Goddamn hippies.
>>
>>858871
so if homo sapiens became extinct, and hypothetically say there was a living neanderthal on earth, the death of 7billion organisms you would not consider to be extinction?
>>
>>858657
>millennials, who could, if adequetly empowered, transform the world that has been completely crashed by baby boomers?
The problem is millenials are simply utterly uninterested in "stepping up to the plate", so to speak. They simply don't care about any of the problems in the world beyond their digital friend circle, which is something worth deriding them for considering they've been, as you said, born into a world of deep shit and are the ones who will inevitably have to solve these issues later
>>
>>858849
How do we know they ever existed?
>>
>>858881
Definition of extinction is that there are no more of whatever form of life is on its way to extinction. If there is one left, it is not extinct.
>>
>>858874
Not edge so much as I'm dissatisfied with my life. If everyone I know died, it makes me feel better. Then I can start my way back up rebuilding with the other survivors.
>>
>>858687
Millennials already ride pennyfarthings around idk what you're talking about.

I mean, just walking around my college campus on a given day, you can see one or two of them chained up on the bike racks.
>>
>>858891
That's exactly what I meant by edge. If you are dissatisfied please consider killing yourself, it's a more attainable goal.
>>
>>858874
He's right though I would wish for the same if I would get a guarantee that my friends and family would survive.
>>
>>858886
Ahem. Now anon, this might come as a shock to you, but when things die they don't disappear, they become... a corpse!
>>
>>858884
That's true for a subset, not all of them. Really it's a natural response. It's natural to be uncaring and cynical when faced with a world in such deep shit, especially while complacency was the model of those that came before, and the popular archetype promoted by the media of the last generation still totally dominates. Millennials are all sixteen or seventeen years old/younger, we've yet to see any actually Millennial adult, so it remains to be seen what they'll be like.
>>
>>858899
So what exactly have we killed not knowing we killed it?
>>
>>858896
Why should I die when others should? I'm egocentric enough to know that I feel I'm important in this world, otherwise why would I be viewing everything through my perspective.

My life isn't totally shit. I have a comfortable job and apartment, but I aspired fore more than this.
>>
>>858898
I don't even want my friends and family to survive. I'm getting tired of them and want to start fresh. I'm a sociable person that I can easily make friends.
>>
Are millennials the faggots voting for Bernie? If yes the I'm lmaoing @ their life.
>>
>>858902
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Species_made_extinct_by_human_activities
>>
>>858906
But dude don't you love them ?
>>
>>858884
>The problem is millenials are simply utterly uninterested in "stepping up to the plate", so to speak.

Of course. There's no reward for doing so. The last 50 years of feminist propaganda has made sure that there's no reward for "manning up" or helping a community.

If you cannot give men any incentive to do something, but just call them lazy and careless, then don't expect a positive response grandpa.
>>
>>858900
Things are getting ugly, senpai.

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/teens-these-days-are-queer-af-new-study-says

Millenials can't think of anything but their genitals and on who they rub it.
>>
>>858908
That doesn't answer my question as people were consciously killing those animals after discovering them.

Are you American?
>>
>>858910
I do and I don't. I feel that they hold me back and I'm too complacent with them. I'm getting tired of them and I just want to move on.

I'd be perfectly satisfied if everyone I knew was dead. No more headaches.
>>
>>858917
I can understand that point and it is valid but still I value them too much to discard them so quickly but that's me.
>>
>>858840
Tool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction
>>
>>858923
I just want to farm or do carpentry with other people, none of whom I know, but we get together and build a community of like-minded survivors. Find a good woman to start a family with and not worry about loans, bills, social networking, politics, and all this bullshit.
>>
>>858884
Do you think it is a matter of stepping up to the plate, or not having the opportunity?

It's a chick before the egg type phenomenon. Many millennial have this work-shy, "what gives?" attitude because they see those with all the power and money aren't willing to share. So the cycle of resignation feeds into itself .
>>
>>858847
You sound like a whiny bitch. Which idiot told you a bachelor's was good enough and why did you believe them? What exactly are you offering an employer other than your own needy entitlement? What are your skills? And no, writing a thesis on 19th century novels doesn't count.
>>
>>858931
>he actually thinks this is what it will be like
>>
>>858912
Come on, with all the problems facing the world today, let people sleep around a little bit. Something's gotta give.
>>
>>858931
You can buy a patch of land and live there isolated with 5 people even today, you don't need 90% of humanity to die off to be able to do that you fedora faggot.
>>
Millenial generation is 1985-2000. I don't understand why it is used as an insult on 4chan when most of us already are millenials.
>>
>>858937
I know it's gonna be a struggle to survive. Disease, hunger, bandits, warlords, wild animals and all that jazz.

But these are real-life problems that I'd rather deal with than the rat-race we're subjected to.
>>
>>858941
This kind of hedonism is one of the reasons the world is going to shit.
>>
>>858947
>bandits, warlords

This has been long discredited. If we went post-apocalytpic it wouldn't be Mad Max but more like people trying to cooperate with each other as much as possible. But Mad Max sounds cooler to edgemasters dreaming about raiders and reverting to feudalism.
>>
>>858948
How has the world gone to shit?
>>
>>858931
I think all those things would develop again eventually.
>>
>>858935
wew, x'er here and you sound like a first rate asshole, this is probably the biggest impediment to the millennials. Living in the wake of the most entitled self centered generation ever, the boomers, the resemblance between the 2 generations is sort of uncanny. I feel for them a bit, but post 2k babies are going to get the shaft like no other generation in the west. World is running down obviously, aholes everywhere and on the migratory move to lower standards where ever they land, standards of living in decline for 30 years now. it will not end well.
>>
>>858942
I like how you call me a fedora. Not even close to those types. I'm more sociopathic if anything.

Honestly, most people piss me off. I was shopping today and I wish all the people in line would stop breathing. There are legitimately good people I have no ill will towards so I hope they survive.
>>
File: VDlnQ3d.png (316KB, 641x316px) Image search: [Google]
VDlnQ3d.png
316KB, 641x316px
>>858962
>I'm more sociopathic if anything.

Picrelated is literally you. I also bet you're no older than 20 on top of that.
>>
>>858958
They will, but I'll be an old man and not give a fuck.

>>858955
Well of course, but there's always gonna be a couple roving bands of assholes and weak people that'll tag along to survive.
>>
>>858847
>We grew too complacent that having a bachelors would guarantee us career prospects.

That's jus the thing. The exponential pace of technological change and innovation means that most educations are outdated and incomplete by the time students finish them.

And yet, people are hedging their futures trying to get the right education, and America especially penalizes those who take that risk and have it backfire the first time. (Crippling debt is how neoliberal capitalism feeds its beast, instead of taxes and so forth.)

Self-education is the way to go. Not to say a traditional education is totally irrelevant, but you have to keep accelerating if you don't just want to run in place nowadays.
>>
>>858957
Family breakdown, increase in depression/suicide/use of anti depressives and so on.
>>
>>858948
How?
Social conservatives can never answer this question.

How. Exactly?

How is being some humorless sexless prude going to solve anything?

People were more conservative in past ages, and things were mighty fucked up then too.
>>
>>858966
Nah, I don't go out and do anything edgy. I don't torture animals or play with fire. If anything, I just drank some beer and marathoned Daredevil last night after coming from work. I'm gonna head over to where my buddy is playing a gig tonight. Probably grab some corned beef and cabbage with my cousin for belated St. Paddy's.

I keep my feelings to myself. I'm thoroughly repulsed at contemporary society, but I still have to interact with it because that's how life is.

But if shit ever went down, you'd bet I'd be rejoicing at not having to deal with this anymore.
>>
>>858969
Modern colleges at least in the US are just a massive kike scam. Forcing people into thinking that they are low class if they don't have a college degree is a part of this, so you have retards having 100k in debt for their philosophy and flipping burgers for the rest of their life while a "low class" plumber owning his own business earns 75k + with no debt.
>>
>>858969
I know. I'm a Cisco engineer when I realized that undergrad was a waste of time.

>America especially penalizes those who take that risk and have it backfire the first time
Not to mention how risk-averse a lot of us are in starting our own business. You have to be at the right place at the right time with the right idea and capital to pull something like that off today.
>>
>>858978
>while a "low class" plumber owning his own business earns 75k + with no debt
QFT. My neighbor makes 100 grand as an electrician.

There was even an episode of Frasier that addressed this. A former bully was a plumber and made a good living.
>>
>>858976
Not him, but the breakdown of monogamous relationships is certainly contributing to the worsening of society.

Most people in prison come from single-parent households, and the fact that women who are single-parents are praised all the time by establishment as doing a great job, seems to be at odds with reality.
>>
>>858960
US society kids itself that they could've kept their share of the pot. The problem is that the rest of the world developed and their workforce is more motivated to study and work than us. So we're not only in competition amongst ourselves, but with tens of millions of foreigners.

Currently we have a generation of college grads without anything in their resume and overlooked because they don't have 5-10 years of experience...despite the fact they just graduated from college. This shit is gonna bite everyone in the ass in the long-run.
>>
>>858884
I don't think lumping ALL people born past the year 2000 into one stereotype. I doubt that every single millennial is like what you described.
>>
>>858986
>Most people in prison come from single-parent households, and the fact that women who are single-parents are praised all the time by establishment as doing a great job, seems to be at odds with reality.
What about single dads? How do they turn out?
>>
>>858996
Millennials are people born after 1980. Virtually everyone on this website is a millennial.
>>
>>858997
>What about single dads? How do they turn out?

As far as I know, slightly better, but still overall not a good thing.
>>
>>858998
I've encountered people from the 70's. Even a few from the 60's on /diy/. You'd be surprised at the demographics on 4chan.
>>
>>858907
You have to be 18 to vote in the US, correct? And if you're a millennial you were born in/past the year 2000, meaning the oldest you could be is 16. So no.

This is assuming my definition of millennial and yours are the same, and I got the voting age correct.
>>
>>858830
I might not be qualified to comment on this, as a millennial, but the impression I have is that millennials don't actually feel entitled. Rather, they feel that there is no hope. It's not that they see unemployment checks as good, but they don't believe they will be able to find work (the world hit a recession about the time they started looking for jobs) and they see not working as the path of least resistance.
Added to this is the fact that millennials were born too late to profit off of the tech boom of the '90s and are entering a world where a college education is necessary to succeed, but college costs are absurdly high, at least in the U.S. And they will have to support an enormous number of the elderly, who have more control in politics and would rather see the government pay for retirement than for universities. Not to mention the fact that a lot of adults began taking the low-wage jobs that people ages 15-25 would usually take, because they saw their life savings disappear with the housing market crash.

That said, millennials aren't just unfortunate victims of circumstance either. Those that do believe they can succeed don't have plans to do so, or their plans are unrealistic. It's not that they aren't trying hard enough, it's that they're trying in the wrong direction.
>>
>>859004
Nah. I was born in the mid 80s and while I do encounter people much older than me on 4chan from time to time, they're extremely rare.

>>859006
Millennials are early 80s to late 90s. People born after 2000 are generation Z, not millenials.
>>
>>858976
Back in the day, our Greek friends decided to study "how to best live life". Now, Greece is not in a great state nowadays, but those Greek guys back then were very smart. And they studied a lot about this. "How do I become a better and happier person"? And so, Ethics was born.

And what did our Greek friends realize, after many years of studying to the best of their ability?
That the best way to be a happy person is not to overindulge in pleasure. It is not to give a lot of importance on sexual pleasure, like people do today.

Pleasure is fleeting. Pleasure addicts. Overindulging in pleasure leads you to want more and more of it. And the search for pleasure can make you a shittier person, who commits shit acts, which ends making you unhappy.
People that are very hedonistic tend to be miserable.

Many of the most famous PUAs tried to kill themselves. Rockstars are famous for their emotional problems.

And this view of life as being for pleasure is destroying families. The person thinks sex is very important. A few years after marriage, things cool down. Person feels sexual pleasure is very important. Person cheats on partner and/or divorces.
>>
>>858906
>feel misrrable so billions of poeple have to die so I can turn my life around
Found the milennial
>>
>>859009
>it's that they're trying in the wrong direction.
So which direction should we try?

>Added to this is the fact that millennials were born too late to profit off of the tech boom of the '90s and are entering a world where a college education is necessary to succeed
I read about all these guys who created shit like Uber or Apps and it makes me wonder what the fuck is wrong with me? Why can't I do that?
>>
>>859017
Are you not a millennial yourself?
>>
>>858944
U wot? I thought it was people born after 2000? W-wut... The fuck...
>>
>>858657
>Furthermore, millennials are facing a planet that is literally dying
source?
>>
>>858840

>last time I checked

lol
>>
>>859022
Even 5 seconds of googling would tell you who millennials are, stop acting like a retard.
>>
>>858911
That's a rather simplistic view of things. I would say the problem is empty consumerism. Now a days people seem to work jobs they don't like to afford things they don't need or really even want to distract themselves until they finally die. How can you step up if you don't have anything to step up for?
>>
>>859022
That's Generation Z.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z
>>
>>859015
>Pleasure is fleeting. Pleasure addicts. Overindulging in pleasure leads you to want more and more of it. And the search for pleasure can make you a shittier person, who commits shit acts, which ends making you unhappy.
I doubt anyone would get tired of having daily sex with hot women. Or being able to sleep comfortably without worrying about paying your bills and living in a luxurious house.

>The person thinks sex is very important. A few years after marriage, things cool down. Person feels sexual pleasure is very important. Person cheats on partner and/or divorces.
At that point, I'd hope that people would think of other things like being a good parent and spouse. Play with your kids, broaden their horizons, encourage talents and skills. I'd want my kids to do better than me. I'm not just talking about financial success, but socially and mentally. Not go through the struggles I had to make like working at FedEx so I could pay for college and being able to pursue their life's dreams while being able to eat and live.
>>
>>859032
>Now a days people seem to work jobs they don't like to afford things they don't need or really even want to distract themselves until they finally die.

You say "nowadays" as if this shit wasn't typical for western society since the 50s.
>>
>>859032
>Now a days people seem to work jobs they don't like to afford things they don't need

This has always been true in the West m8, the only difference is, in the 50s a man had a wife and kids to come home to, and buy shit for.

These days women make the same, or in many cases more money than men because they are on average better educated, so men are essentially obsolete, except in jobs that are necessary for the continuation of civilization.

Western women are the most privileged and entitled creatures in the history of the Earth.
>>
>>858995
>So we're not only in competition amongst ourselves, but with tens of millions of foreigners.

Right, the idea being that instead of having the world's proletariat cooperate out of their mutual class interest, they should be made to compete for the same shrinking slice of the pie, to deflect from the fact that the superrich are benefiting disproportionately from economic growth.

>This shit is gonna bite everyone in the ass in the long-run.

Theorists have been predicting for decades that globalism's self-contradictions will eventually undermine it in the long term as it bumps up against the limits of growth and unsustainable business practices.

When it implodes is a question of when, not if.
>>
>>858657
Millennials are whiny foppish shitrags that are destroying western civilization at a breakneck pace but they're mostly like that because of the culture and economy brought about by boomers.
>>
>>858986
Yes but many millennials who sleep around aren't having children. When they do get around to having kids, there's no reason to predict they will be more prone to not shack up in pairs to raise kids.

They might also think up some hippy ways to raise kids too. Monogamous child rearing isn't baked into our DNA. It's just a popular solution to a problem.
>>
File: 1450096443476.jpg (173KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1450096443476.jpg
173KB, 595x842px
>this whole thread
>>
>>859037
>I doubt anyone would get tired of having daily sex with hot women. Or being able to sleep comfortably without worrying about paying your bills and living in a luxurious house.

That being true or not, that doesn't change any of my points.
And plenty of people are completely miserable with a lot of money and a lot of sex.

>At that point, I'd hope that people would think of other things like being a good parent and spouse. Play with your kids, broaden their horizons, encourage talents and skills. I'd want my kids to do better than me. I'm not just talking about financial success, but socially and mentally. Not go through the struggles I had to make like working at FedEx so I could pay for college and being able to pursue their life's dreams while being able to eat and live.

That's where those people have this problem. They end up placing sex ahead of the well being of their kids and the person they were supposed to be on the side for the rest of their lives.
That's part of "becoming a shitty person" I was talking about.
>>
>>859053
>Yes but many millennials who sleep around aren't having children.

Many of them are. What do you think is the cause of single-parent households to begin with?

>Monogamous child rearing isn't baked into our DNA.

No, it's not, but it certainly was one of the reasons the West became the most rich and powerful place and culture in the history of human civilization. There is a reason the only cultures that practice communal child-rearing and similar things are cultures that will never build a skyscraper.
>>
Current young adults are literally the same as in the 70s.
>>
>>859055
>And plenty of people are completely miserable with a lot of money and a lot of sex.
Then it's not the money and sex that's the problem. They already have mental issues to deal with.

If I could live in a swanky mansion with sexy women at my beck and call with all the food, alcohol, etc. provided, I'd have no regrets. Outdoor picnics, sunning at the beach, and all sorts of other shit I'd do with them. Cuddling together on a park bench while reading a good book, enjoying a flick on the couch with popcorn, or holding hands on a starlit night would make me happy as fuck.
>>
>>859058
So we're gonna become yuppies and neocons in our 30's?
>>
>>859019
The direction to try is, I think, a job that will always be necessary. The economy is changing rapidly, so learning how to program in one script might not be useful in ten years, but everyone needs accountants. And, of course, pharmaceuticals.

Nothing is wrong with you if you can't design an app to make money. Most big universities have undergraduates making apps. Apps were never a good source of revenue, but the media draws so much attention to athletes and guys who made a cool new app that it's easy to forget that a good statistician can make six figures, no problem. I mean, part of it is the way media is run now, emphasizing flashiness, but part of it is also this train of thought in millennials that "all I need to do is make an app".
>>
>>858997
Much, much better than single mothers but not as well as married heterosexual parents. Single mothers and gays are shit-tier and lesbians are dead last.

Unfortunately I don't have the image with me to post.
>>
>>859039
>>859043
Yeah, but if you go back a couple of decades ago people had a sense of community. People don't go to church anymore and nobody talks to their neighbors. Also blaming women really just seems like a way of saying "it's not my fault, it's someone elses fault."
>>
>>859053
>Yes but many millennials who sleep around aren't having children. When they do get around to having kids, there's no reason to predict they will be more prone to not shack up in pairs to raise kids.

There are plenty of statistics showing that people who sleep around are more likely to cheat and divorce. And let's be frank: it makes sense.
>>
>>859067
Actually it's very possible that a similar event will happen. Notice how many people that reached adulthood during the last decade who voted for Obama are now extremely dissatisfied with current politics and starting to support guys like Trump.
>>
>>859077
>Also blaming women

Blaming feminist ideology =/= Blaming women
>>
File: cQ7wlgB.jpg (254KB, 1221x1570px) Image search: [Google]
cQ7wlgB.jpg
254KB, 1221x1570px
>>859082
>There are plenty of statistics showing that people who sleep around are more likely to cheat and divorce. And let's be frank: it makes sense.

It does.
>>
>>859065
>Then it's not the money and sex that's the problem. They already have mental issues to deal with.

The point I'm making is that sex, money and pleasure don't guarantee happiness. Would you disagree with that?

>If I could live in a swanky mansion with sexy women at my beck and call with all the food, alcohol, etc. provided, I'd have no regrets. Outdoor picnics, sunning at the beach, and all sorts of other shit I'd do with them. Cuddling together on a park bench while reading a good book, enjoying a flick on the couch with popcorn, or holding hands on a starlit night would make me happy as fuck.

That's what will believe, but you probably wouldn't. I believe there is a term for that, where many millionaires end up miserable for thinking like that, achieving what they wanted and finding out that... they were not any happier.
>>
>>859065
>If I could live in a swanky mansion with sexy women at my beck and call with all the food, alcohol, etc. provided, I'd have no regrets.

You would in a few years. Men have a pathological need to do something constructive and that's one itch that hedonism fails miserably to scratch. The best you could do with a life like that is distract yourself. Even fucking Hugh Hefner spent decades running Playboy despite living in a mansion and being knee-deep in booze and pussy.
>>
>>859070
You know the guy behind Chobani? He was a Turkish immigrant in the 90's that took a risk and bought a Kraft dairy plant. He came from a family of dairy farmers and found US yogurt to be sugary and watery. He came at the right time when the health craze kicked in and Chobani became a household brand.

The American Dream IS possible, but what they never told us as kids is that only a few people can accomplish it. All that bullshit about "If you believe in it, your dreams will come true" or "You can be anything when you grow up" is saccharine-loaded bile.

The real world is a harsh and gritty place. It's dog-eat-dog, but nobody wants to admit this.

The former CEO of General Electric, Jack Welch, once grouped people into 3 categories. A was the elite, B were the up-and-comers, and C were the cogs in the wheel; the lowest and the majority. The point for the B's and C's were to attain the A category. Meanwhile, an A or B could be downgraded if they fucked up. This is how real life works. Only a fraction of us are gonna be successful, the rest will be everyday Joes.

>Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

This quote rings so true. I just rewatched this film last year and it amazes me how I missed that message as a kid. It's crushing to realize you're nothing but mediocrity at best.
>>
>>859098
Maybe not even that

>I have now reigned above fifty years in victory or peace; beloved by my subjects, dreaded by my enemies, and respected by my allies. Riches and honours, power and pleasure, have waited on my call, nor does any earthly blessing appear to have been wanting to my felicity. In this situation, I have diligently numbered the days of pure and genuine happiness which have fallen to my lot: they amount to Fourteen: - O man! place not thy confidence in this present world!

That was written by a very powerful Muslim monarch in Spain.
>>
>>859009
The climate isn't good for millenials to take the sort of entrepreneurial risks that potentially have huge payoffs.

Despite what gets floated, a strong social safety net does not block entrepreneurship, it stimulates it. It really hurts to see Americans digging their own economic graves supporting shit heads in politics who think everybody should just magically bootstrap themselves into the middle or upper middle class (and for the very few who make it, to the legit upper class.)

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/welfare-makes-america-more-entrepreneurial/388598/
>>
>>859086
>Notice how many people that reached adulthood during the last decade who voted for Obama are now extremely dissatisfied with current politics
Ha ha, this reminds me of my uber-liberal buddy who told me that I was a hater because I wasn't impressed with Obama. I didn't vote for the President in either election, but I didn't care for the Republican candidates either. Neither side is really interested in solving or alleviating problems so much as helping their constituents.
Now, he's dissatisfied with Obama and whenever I tried to bring up how he nuthugged the President, my buddy pretends that it never happened. What a fucking douche.

It is interesting I admit to see the pendulum swing the other way around.
>>
>>859094
>>859098
I guess, but I never had this so how I would know I wouldn't feel stimulated and happy?

I'd also want to do stuff like write a novel or something. Travel the world and experience different cultures.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 238x212px
>>859015
>That the best way to be a happy person is not to overindulge in pleasure

The ancient Greeks literally memorialized the crazy orgies they had on their pottery and things they made.

In ancient Greece it was perfectly acceptable, almost expected, for men in their twenties and thirties to have casual sex with young teenage boys.

Etc.

Literally one subset of Greek thought was stoic.

Did you know the word hedonism actually comes from ancient Greece? From the Greek word for pelasure.
>>
>>859114
That's why it's so important to bring back industry and un-fuck our trade laws.

>>859118
I know, right? I've always been pretty far to the right but it's hilarious seeing all of these disillusioned young people.
>>
File: No Heretics.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
No Heretics.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
>>859009
I definitely understand that, as a guy who wants to get into the tech biz, there's really no job openings there. People do constantly talk about how it's an expanding field, which is true in a sense, but the fact is that all the people who are expanding it just move the people from the outmoded position into the new position. It doesn't open new jobs so much as keep people where they're at and in many circumstances, it has lost job opportunities for many.

And I could see how you've seen that side of people, I've seen it somewhat as well, but not nearly as much as what I previously stated. Of course, I live in North Carolina at the moment and my only other major frame of reference is in California, specifically from the general areas surrounding San Fransisco down through San Jose and further down to Salinas and Monterrey, so it could definitely be an issue within my current living situation.

Also, I'd like to point out that >>858830
is me, not >>859019

I'm actually about to leave for game night, playing PathFinder with a group at a pal's house, hence why I'm cutting this reply short.
I'd be fine talking with you more if you want to discuss further. I specifically appreciate you being civil and having real research in your answer.
PerfectXireau on steam. Add me up.
Pic related.
>>
>>859130
The Stoics are not the only ones that thought this. They were not even that original, since that was literally all in Socrates already. Even Epicurus would advise against over indulging in physical pleasure.

Also, it should be pretty obvious that the ones studying Ethics and the ones in crazy orgies were not the same people. Just like there were communist Americans in the 50's, which doesn't means that America was communist or considering America was anti-communist that those communists were capitalists.
>>
>>859023
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/20/sixth-mass-extinction-study/29028887/
>>
>>859131
Right now, my liberal friends are harping on Sanders. I can respect Bernie's work on civil rights, but he's a bit too Marxist for my taste. I don't mind social programs, but creating the basis of a welfare state will make us into Sweden.
>>
>>859139
"No one was ever the better for sexual indulgence, and it is well if he be not the worse." - Epicurus
>>
>>859145
Bernie is a monumental moron and a cuck.

>BLACK LIVES MATTER
>YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT POVERTY IF YOU'RE WHITE
>PEOPLE WOULD CARE MORE ABOUT FLINT IF IT WAS A WHITE CITY
>CAN I SUCK SOME MORE BLACK DICK PLEASE
>PLS DONATE

He brown noses the black voters as hard as he can and yet the blacks are still voting for Hillary, it's amusing as fuck to watch that trainwreck of a campaign.
>>
>>858871
Exactly. It is comparable to claiming every human phenotype is a species. If that is the case, many have died out, many from genocide. We should take care of the environment, but all of the talk in the OP is sensationalism.
>>
>>859046

Exactly right. Everything goes back to the Baby Boomers, who are easily the most entitled shitheads to have ever lived. They took everything the Greatest Generation built through honest blood, sweat, and tears, and threw it all away. Now, their kids and grandkids will be lucky if they ever retire, and their great-grandkids will be lucky if the planet is still habitable by then.
>>
>>859160
As a non-American who usually refrains from commenting on your political protest, the only candidate so far that I've seen that I really don't hope is going to win the Democratic ticket is Shillary.
>>
>>859178
This is why winning the lottery, inheriting a fortune, or making a windfall on investments is our only hope.
>>
>>859181
political process I meant to say of course.
>>
>>859108
Eh, tell that to someone who grew up without. It's only people who never knew how much poverty and powerlessness sucks who can't appreciate the good life, in the materialistic and hedonistic sense.
>>
>>859181
Well she's going to.
>>
>>859181
Hillary, Bush, Rubio and Kasich are establishment corporate whores, Cruz is a Bible thumping witch hunting basket case and Bernie is a delusional, indoctrinated buffoon. That's why I'm voting for Trump, he's by no means perfect but he seems to be the best of the bunch.
>>
>>859189
I agree. I can only imagine how people in Beverly Hills live or WASP silver-spoon trust babies in the Northeast grew up.
>>
>>859189
There are plenty of rockstars that grew up without all that, got it and still became trainwrecks.
>>
>>859131
>That's why it's so important to bring back industry and un-fuck our trade laws.

Even though I hate the way Trump acts, he's really the only one who sees this. The problem is nobody can think of a way to bring industry back without engaging in the evils of "protectionism", which goes against the rules of turbo-capitalism he stands by.
>>
>>859202
That's because they didn't know how to manage themselves properly. Drugs, alcohol, and all that jazz will fuck you up.

I drink, but I'm not interested in coke or heroin. Pussy is the greatest drug there is and that'll satisfy me just fine.
>>
>>859200
Tbqh, if I was American I'd just refrain from voting at all this coming election since this election really proves how much of a charade it is.
>>
Millenials are extremely entitled, but that is actually their strength. At least Americans anyway.

Millenials feel that they are entitled to free and affordable healthcare and are much more for the idea of socialized medicine than their parents.

Millenials feel that they are entitled to a college education without being crushed by debt afterward.

Millenials feel that they are entitled to a police force that is transparent and kept in check by the public. They also feel they are entitled to fair and sensible drug laws, unlike their parents who endorsed Reagan's nonsense. The legalization of marijuana owes a lot to millenial voters.

Most importantly, millenials feel like they are entitled to experiences. The explosion of corporations like Airbnb and Uber mean the focus has shifted from "what i am entitled to own" like the boomers to "what i am entitled to do." Millenials want to travel cheap and invest in temporary experiences. This is a good thing and is better than muh four car garage and yacht Boomer logic.

Not saying some millenial logic isn't fucked and that the entitlement complex is entirely good, but anyone who thinks the millenials are even close to being worse than the Boomers is an idiot.
>>
>>859145
First of all Sanders isn't a Marxist.

Second of all, the U.S economy is something like 20x bigger than Sweden's. It's hard to compare the two. Not to mention all the other differences.
>>
>>859145
You wanna know how I know you've never been to Sweden?
>>
>>859210
You are saying you would have a better fate than they have because you are more temperate than they are and would indulge less in pleasure than they do.

Which is kind of the point.

Anyway, this problem of not finding happiness when you have all the pleasure you need is common among most successful people, not only rockstars.
>>
>>859207
The media really are attacking irrelevant social shit rather than Trump's actual policies.

>he's a racist!
>he has a funny haircut!
>his ancestor used to have a different surname!

etc

It's all nonsense.

Now when it comes to policies, he's the only guy besides Bernie who's flat out against TPP which will kill and bury whatever is left of American manufacturing, he's for lowering the massive trade deficit and wants to nip illegal immigration with a realistic plan. He's by far the best candidate.
>>
>>859145
>I don't mind social programs, but creating the basis of a welfare state will make us into Sweden.

No offense, but you already are a welfare state, you just give all the money to oil, private army and health insurance companies instead of poor people.
>>
>>859222
>nip illegal immigration with a realistic plan
>building a wall and not paying for it
>a realistic plan
>>
>>858857
All of your main points are retarded.
>>
>>859202
Well, there's no fixing stupid.

There's also the likes of Andrew Carnegie, who was born in a miserable shack and became a high-powered industrialist without ever cracking up.
>>
>>859216
Not him, but Sanders is indeed a communist if you research his past. You could claim his political stances evolved since then, I call bullshit on that and think he just pretends to be a social democrat because the Americans would never consider voting for a commie.
>>
>>859222
I disagree with your point on trade hurting the American economy, but the coverage on Trump is ridiculous.

I think I saw some newspaper making fun of his hands. This is very petty.
>>
>>859232
Every socialist flirts with the idea of communism at some point. That's a pretty natural mental exercise. It's not really surprising and I don't think it necessarily means he endorses it now.
>>
>>859228
It is realistic. If the US threaten Mexico with pulling out of NAFTA you can bet they will fund building the wall. The US just has too much leverage over Mexico in this.
>>
>>859242
>implying the US government = Trump if he gets elected

Trump can't single-handedly pull the US out of NAFTA and after this election he will have virtually no political allies. All Mexico has to do is sit back for four years and wait for the next election.
>>
>>859242
>The US just has too much leverage over Mexico in this.
Do we? Because we bend over backwards over illegal aliens that cross the US-Mexico border. I'm all for immigration so long as it's through the proper channels. And I know our current system needs serious reform.
>>
>>859231
Yes, of course.

Carnegie was not an hedonist (in the popular meaning of the world), was he?
>>
>>859232
I suppose, but I'm really arguing more for a point of semantics, that there are more shades of difference than you might realize.

What you're doing is sort of like taking two people who say they like sports, and assuming by that one incidental relation that they must both like the same sports and the same teams. It's a hasty generalization and superficial comparison if you break it down point by point.

Genuine dyed in the wool marxism is way more ballsy and radical than what Sanders advocates. Sanders knows that most American lefties are softies and will only go for a cutesy version of revolutionary politics.
>>
>>859259
I truthfully don't know much about him. I'm sure he enjoyed a nice glass of scotch and fancy meal here and there.
>>
>>859243
That's a fair point, but saying it's not realistic to make Mexico pay for it is dumb.

>>859246
We do. The only reason why Mexico isn't a Bolivia level shithole is because they have the world's largest consumer economy just around the corner and can benefit off of American companies outsourcing everything to Mexico thanks to NAFTA.

Think how much a shithole Cuba is thanks to the embargo and us refusing to trade with them. The Mexicans have way, way more to lose than just the measly 10 billion needed for building the wall if we pull out of trade deals.
>>
>>859243
This. What most people are missing about Trump is that he's just blowing hot air. He doesn't have the movement or political chops to mobilize all his outrageous declarations and mandates. There are laws and bureaucracy and plenty politicians on both sides of the aisle that don't want to cooperate with him. He's just saying whatever to get elected.
>>
>>859215
TL;DR Millenials are leeches
>>
>>859234
Thing is, that's petty much all they have. What in his policies are they going to attack (besides maybe the immigration thing) that won't make them look like complete tools?

>Trump wants to bring blue-collar jobs back to the US, what a monster
>Trump wants to correct trade deficits and that's horrible
>Trump wants to make the man on the street proud to be American again, how dare he
>Trump wants to lower taxes on the lower classes; he's literally satan
>Trump wants to stop insurance companies from abusing their clients; are we really going to stand by and let this happen?

Personal pot-shots and disingenuous nit-picking is pretty much all they have on him because if they attack his policies they're spoon-feeding them to hundreds of millions of people globally (many of whom probably wouldn't have bothered to look them up otherwise) and given their broad appeal that would be more damaging to the left in this election cycle than almost anything Trump himself could do.
>>
as if baby boomers have any room to talk. The worst generation ever spawned.
>>
>>858657
It's idiotic to blame the baby boomers for our problems. It isn't like they all collectively plotted to make life more difficult for subsequent generations; the truth is they all grew up just wanting to make a living like the rest of us. The problem is the lack of social mobility secured by elites seeking to avoid their own displacement for generations.
>>
>>859266
He didn't drink
>>
>>859285
Intentions only go so far. It doesn't matter so much what boomers intended, so much that they clearly did not care whether the system they were building and profiting from could be sustained for further generations.

Like it or not, there is a chain of obligation between generations, if we are to have a continuous and unbroken civilized society.
>>
>>859246

>we bend over backwards over illegal aliens

You are an idiot. The US LOVES illegal immigrants. They're cheap labor, they diversify the economy, they create more government jobs, they're a good propaganda tool because of how they actually have very little impact on stuff from the perspective of the federal government (they only cause locals to lose their jobs, far removed from the politicians in their cushy mansions, hiring Mexican servants for half the minimum wage).

Both Mexican and American governments want what's happening with immigrants to continue. Trump isn't really going to build a wall, he'd be cutting off his cheap source of labor.
>>
>>859277
Why do people forget there's an entire generation between millennials and boomers?
>>
>>859276
>>Trump wants to lower taxes on the lower classes; he's literally satan

Actually, although he does advocate for lower taxes on the lower classes, the majority of his tax cuts will go to those making a lot of money + big businesses. More voodoo Reaganomics that doesn't work and already tanked the economy.

>>Trump wants to make the man on the street proud to be American again, how dare he

Because American nationalism since the Cold War has not been the healthy kind. It's a very fearful way of thinking that prevents us from acknowledging our mistakes and improving. We cannot be proud without thinking that we are somehow inherently better, which of course is not true for any country.

>Trump wants to bring blue-collar jobs back to the US, what a monster

No he doesn't. His own companies outsource a great deal of jobs to China. He's just saying this to get elected.

>Trump wants to stop insurance companies from abusing their clients; are we really going to stand by and let this happen?

Sorry but he has flip flopped on this so much that it's fucking impossible to make heads or tails of what his real goals for healthcare are. Seems like he's just like Obama though: too much of a pussy to push for universal healthcare via a single payer system so he'll push out some half-measure abortion that will probably be worse than the ACA, especially for preventative medicine since, you know, he actually thinks vaccines cause autism.

Trump is a shit candidate and it's pretty obvious. People are just drawn to him because they're also retarded egomaniacs and he makes them feel good about it.
>>
>>859044
>Right, the idea being that instead of having the world's proletariat cooperate out of their mutual class interest, they should be made to compete for the same shrinking slice of the pie, to deflect from the fact that the superrich are benefiting disproportionately from economic growth.

Marx, please leave. The problem is free trade and free flow of capital. The Jews can just pick up their factories and move to China under our system—like they did. We need capital restrictions and laws to protect our labor's scarcity. Freedom in this country is really only freedom of capital in reality. It is the only freedom that isn't dogma. Free speech and most of our other rights have stipulations and limitations.

>>859053
>They might also think up some hippy ways to raise kids too. Monogamous child rearing isn't baked into our DNA. It's just a popular solution to a problem.

The problem stems from the sexual liberation movement originally. The hippy movement was Jewish subversion to destroy our country's monogamous Christian culture. It was not an organic outgrowth; it had ties to the folk music scene and the Beats, which both spewed CPUSA rhetoric.

Essentially our women have been turned against us. Yes, Islam is too harsh on women, but, on the other hand, we are much too soft. Women need to be controlled in order for society to prosper. If women can leave and legally take half of a man's property, there's no incentive for getting married or having children. Women need to be placed in a position where they are dependent on men, which the women workforce movement and sexual liberation movement countered. We need to stop the Jews from corrupting our women via feminism and media and take back our families.
>>
File: john-d-rockefeller[1].jpg (55KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
john-d-rockefeller[1].jpg
55KB, 500x483px
>>858662
this time though, things might be different.
this was usually an old rant from the elder about how things were awesome during their times and how much their suck now, even if they went through famine, dictatorships, wars and similar shit and now can afford an almost free healthcare, pensions and that kind of stuff...

but thing is: the previous generation in the last thousand years were all raised pretty much in the same way - kids socialized with other kids, played, fought, wooed mates etc - but today's children are the first to have been born in a society where technology is available to everyone and it's mainstreamed as fuck making those old activities seem less attractive and compeling thus making them avoid them all, all the times they can; ending up turning something like playing on the streets something mostly for the poorfags who can't afford gadgets and timesinking games and social networks.
>>
>>859317

so this might the first automaton-like generation filled with the least empathic people of all time, that grew up alone and raised by tablets and internet.
and if people think they fucked up by letting us be raised by tv, they're in for a treat once those unsupervised kids grew up with all the information available and with no tools to filter them or anyone to tell them what's wrong and right.
>>
>>859302
Because the Generation X was not shittier than the generation that preceded it.
>>
>>859302
Because Gen X is totally unremarkable and very similar to the Boomers. The millenials are the first generation to be different somehow.
>>
>>859037
>I doubt anyone would get tired of having daily sex with hot women. Or being able to sleep comfortably without worrying about paying your bills and living in a luxurious house.
It's surprisingly common. Don't be so shortsighted.
>At that point, I'd hope that people would think of other things like being a good parent and spouse. Play with your kids, broaden their horizons, encourage talents and skills. I'd want my kids to do better than me. I'm not just talking about financial success, but socially and mentally. Not go through the struggles I had to make like working at FedEx so I could pay for college and being able to pursue their life's dreams while being able to eat and live.
It's sounds so nice and cute, doesn't it?
>>
>>859273
> he's just blowing hot air. He doesn't have the movement or political chops to mobilize all his outrageous declarations and mandates.

How is it different from any other candidate? Let's say Bernie. The Medicare-for-all bill was proposed several times in the congress and it was thrown the fuck out each time.
>>
>>859285
Everyone hates the Boomers not because they destroyed the economy but because they can't admit they had it easier than everyone does now. They blame everyone but themselves.

Not to mention most of them didn't save anything at all but will throw a "woe is me I'm a SENYUR CITIZEN" when they can't afford their metformin from their Social Security checks.
>>
>>859336
>How is it different from any other candidate? Let's say Bernie. The Medicare-for-all bill was proposed several times in the congress and it was thrown the fuck out each time.

Bernie has an extremely good track record for getting bills passed during his time as a Senator. He couldn't get everything he wants passed for sure, but he definitely has more of a shot at this than Trump does.
>>
>>859316
>The Jews can just pick up their factories and move to China under our system—like they did.

Or labor protection laws. Outsourcing wouldn't be an issue if capital wasn't able to seek out exploitable labor. If Foxconn was required to offer its employees humane wages, Apple would be subsidizing manufacturing in the U.S. There's no reason someone assembling an Iphone shouldn't be making $15 dollars an hour or more. Hell, people used to make that much in back in the day in manufacturing. Much more in fact.

>Marx, please leave. The problem is free trade and free flow of capital

>free trade

>flow of capital

>the problem

Wait, who is Marx here?
>>
>>859348
>Bernie has an extremely good track record for getting bills passed during his time as a Senator.

Single payer system still isn't approved, how exactly does Bernie imagine he will push it through?

It's absolutely ludicrous to say that Trump is just full of empty promises and then pretending Bernie is any different.
>>
>>858884
Since the fall of the USSR, millennials have been told time and time again that everything has already been decided for them. Nowadays, there's nothing to be inspired by or to believe in. In the unipolar world, people cannot imagine the world any other way than what already is. Our economy, our political process, our religious beliefs, are the one and only. You don't have to agree with people like atheists or socialists to recognize that these people believe in a different world from the default, yet the moment someone dares to bring up that vision, there will be dozens of idiots chanting "communism has failed everywhere it was tried". This isn't about communism or leftism (the Western left has actually already been gutted by the same apathy, having abandoned any support for class warfare in favor of shallow identity politics that give a superficial semblance of a political debate); it's about the fact that we live in a world that mocks idealism and rewards cynicism and apathy. Millennials are the products of their upbringing: they have no great war, because they were told it is futile to fight; they were told that if they go to college and "follow their dreams", they will be rewarded with the ability to buy whatever bread and circuses their hearts desire. It's obviously not the case, but they won't do anything about it, because to do so will result not in a repressive backlash, but worse; in mockery and jeers from the establishment.
>>
>>859336
Bernie is a bit better than Trump. When asked how he will achieve his big programs, he actually responds with a coherent and fact-checkable list of assertions. (Tax finance trades, for example.)

Trump just waffles or follows up with a non sequitur when pressed for details.
>>
>>859358
Bernie has been extremely good at passing bills throughout his career, especially in forming coalitions to do so; you can't deny that. Meanwhile, Trump acts like he will be the CEO of the US and make decisions for everyone.

Every campaign is full of promises that will and won't come to fruition - Guantanamo is a big one for Obama. And it's true that both Trump and Bernie want huge overhauls that are wishful thinking. But I would bet a lot more on the guy who has actually been through this process more times than I can count than someone with zero political experience who is clearly not a team player and doesn't even seem to understand what the role of the POTUS is.
>>
>>859317
Yeah, that tells you all you need to know in that quote. It's about training the goyim to behave and follow directions. Most actually intelligent people (as in, can think for themselves) can't stand school. Only women and subservient men succeed in it, just as planned.
>>
>>859372
Bernie tried several times to rally people behind the single payer bill. He failed every fucking time.
>>
>>859364
>they have no great war, because they were told it is futile to fight;
oh my, what a disgrace
btw, communism has failed everywhere it was tried and thank god we have "idiots" to remind us of that. Better apathy than 100 million killed again.
>>
>>859364
A+ post comrade. I think post-Reagan America really is a sad, hopeless place where societal ambition is derided
>>
>>859356
If wage was higher in China, no one would invest there and they would always be poor. The wages that multinational companies pay in poor countries are usually better than the wages of most other companies (source: I live in a poor country, most people like to work in multinational companies, due to better wages).
Lower wages are pretty much the only advantage that people in poor countries have over those of rich countries.

You can't just legislate a country to be richer. Countries improve little by little.
>>
>>859381
I didn't say he could pass single-payer. I just said that saying he is as all-talk as Trump is patently absurd and to equate the two is dumb.
>>
>>859356
>Or labor protection laws. Outsourcing wouldn't be an issue if capital wasn't able to seek out exploitable labor.

I explicitly listed that.

>Wait, who is Marx here?

Free flow of capital means outsourcing. You shouldn't be allowed to leave the country you made your wealth in. Our military protected you, we paved the roads to make commerce available, provided security via police forces, etc. You owe our country a debt. You don't have the right to pick up and leave—although they do under our system.
>>
>>859396
Speaking of main talking points, believe me, building a wall will be far easier than passing and successfully implementing single payer.
>>
>>859384
>slavery
>genocide of native peoples
>Central American death squads
>civilians killed over oil wars

Yes let's pretend that American capitalism is a bloodless sport but pull out muh 100 million when anyone questions it.
>>
>>859372
>>859367
>>859364
We aren't electing a Communist Jew. For those of us who study history, we know how the Jews committed genocide against the Russians. The alternative is real nationalism, not Communism. We need a living wage, a reversion to monogamous marriage, the destruction of Neoconservative propaganda, and an end to hedonistic entertainment and immoral media.
>>
>>859384
You could say that capitalism is currently "failing" us too. Likewise, communism didn't fail the elites back then, just like capitalism is obviously not failing Western elites now. What makes an idiot, is not necessarily the opinion that communism failed, it's the inability to recognize what made it fail. The Soviet Union didn't collapse because of universal healthcare or education, just like the ability to own private property and start your own business is not the reason why so many young people today are simply not able to get their lives started (ie, get a decent job, move out, get married, start a family, etc). On the flip side, we continue to give tax breaks to the wealthy in the hopes that the wealth will trickle down, and in 30 years it has not happened. I'm sure you'd agree that to continue doing the same thing expecting a different result is insanity. Yet now, suggesting that we tax the rich again is met with jeers and arguments to the tune of "if we tax them, they will have more incentive to hide their money!" How pathetic is that? The entire argument hinges on the premise that there's no use trying to change what we already have.
>>
>>859402
>building a billion dollar wall because muh illegals is easier than providing health care for every American therefore it's a better idea and use of time and money

this is what Trump supporters actually believe
>>
>>859411
>Central American death squads

First of all, the Contras were good guys. Commies can get fucked.

Second, supporting the Contras had nothing to do with "capitalism" rather than a war against communism, which can be boiled down to the US-Soviet rivalry which actually transcended any ideologies.
>>
>>859423
The estimated cost of the wall is somewhere in the ballpark of 10 billion and it will help saving hundreds of billions annually, combined with deportations.

The estimated cost of single payer is 1.38 TRILLION every year (from Bernie's own mouth).

Do the math faggot.
>>
>>859426
>which can be boiled down to the US-Soviet rivalry which actually transcended any ideologies.

You fucking what? The Reagan administration is the most ideological administration the United States has ever had.
>>
>>859447
>Do the math faggot.

I don't have to since that money's already accounted for in his tax plan. I do think muh trillion dollars is suddenly important for hick voters though when it comes to health care and education, whereas it wasn't at all for invading Middle Eastern countries or subsidizing big business.
>>
>>859448
They weren't, that's only dumb narrative they were selling to the plebs like you (that applies to both left and right wing of the spectrum). Overall Reagan was far more pragmatic than people give him credit for.
>>
>>859399
What you're not seeing is that labor protection laws and the free flow of capital are usually antagonistic to each other, because capitalists will always look for ways to shortchange labor if they can get away with it (which means outsourcing).

I'm confused because you seem to promote free flow of capital, but at the same time are saying things which contradict it (protectionist stuff like you should only do business in your country of origin etc.)
>>
>>859467
>he thinks he can just grow money on trees through taxes

Overtax the fat cats and then see them leave the country. Instead of all the sweet dosh you imagined you'll be getting, you'll be left with jack shit.
>>
>>859314
His tax cuts are aimed squarely at the middle and lower class particularly small business owners
>>
>>859426
The Contras were drug runners. The FDN (the main Contra group) was CIA created from the remnants of the Somoza government's personnel that fled to America after the 1979 Sandinista overthrow. This directly lead to the flood of cocaine in California during the 80s, which led to the rise of the modern police state.

The Communist versus Capitalist paradigm is misleading. The Contras had great domestic and geopolitical implications, but they weren't good guys by any stretch. They were cogs in a much bigger machine, a machine which still runs today.
>>
>>859479
>Overtax the fat cats and then see them leave the country

This meme. And where will they go? America is the only country in the world pretty much where CEOs are so grossly overcompensated.
>>
>>859478
>I'm confused because you seem to promote free flow of capital, but at the same time are saying things which contradict it (protectionist stuff like you should only do business in your country of origin etc.)

I don't support free movement of capital. You are misreading me.

>>859448
>>859472
He was the prototype for the Neocons. That's not a good thing. He put our Jew overlords ahead of the citizenry of this country. A lot of capital flowed to China during his presidency, not to mention the amnesty granted to illegal immigrants, which further exacerbated the labor glut that was driving down wages.
>>
>>859472
>They weren't
[citation needed]

The Reagan administration was idealogical
>economically
-muh trickle down economics
-muh never ever ever raise taxes
-muh it will all work if we just trust the rich people

>militarily/internationally
-muh ass-fucking expensive and retarded military programs
-muh world brutal police force against the gommies
-muh bloated military spending is ok because America is the good guys!! so is funding and backing the mujahideen bc they hate the gommies too

>socially/domestically
-muh War on Drugs because drugs are wrong
-muh Just Say No
-muh ignoring AIDS because I believe it's God's plague on gays
-muh blackmailing states because states rights don't apply when I think drinking is wrong

Americans still believe all of this shit by the way.
>>
>>859494
>he thinks fleeing harsh taxes is a meme

Are Bernie supporters really this fucktarded?
>>
>>859480
False, percentage wise it's the upper class that stands the most to gain from his tax plan.
>>
>>859503
>He was the prototype for the Neocons.
No, the neocons from the late 70s / early 80s constituted a huge chunk of his electorate, but he had to essentially balance his policies to satisfy the neocons, the monetarists and the religious right.
>>
>>859505
>trickle down economics

Stopped reading there. Literally a socialist buzzterm.
>>
>>859509
>he thinks Bernie's proposed tax plan is "harsh"

The wealthy in America are under-taxed. Sorry to break it to you but your corporate overlords already try to get out of paying their laughably low taxes. Might as well crack down on the legality of this and raise them back to a reasonable rate.
>>
>>859509
If that's the case dip shit, then why did it never happen in the past?

During the 1950s the top tax rate was 91%. Where was this huge exodus of rich people?

It didn't happen. That's because they were still making millions of dollars after taxes, and they were patriotic. They knew they were helping to make their country great by paying taxes.
>>
>>858657
Every current generation is despised by previous generations. This is nothing new.
>>
>>859517
Retard.
>>
>>859524
I'm not a fan of "corporate overlords", mind you. But don't think you can just milk them for truckloads of tax money like they're a big cash cow, it will never happen and you're fucking daydreaming.

It's like with Wall Street regulation, we all agree that Wall Street is full of greedy cunts but every attempt to regulate them only resulted in them outsmarting the legislators and circumventing the regulations.

You can't just legislate your air castles into reality.
>>
>>859536
Butthurt leftard.
>>
>>859524
Under this system, that would lead to a capital outflow. You can't get around the fact that capital needs to be restricted. As long as capital has unimpeded freedom, any attempt to increase wages or tax the rich will lead to more outsourcing. The capital class (yes, the Jews), needs to be regulated, which you know won't happen peacefully if you know who owns the media and academia. We need a cultural and economic change; one can't happen without the other.
>>
>>859517
Oh sorry, my post was meant to have the utmost reverence and respect for Reagan's economic policies. That "buzzterm" was definitely misplaced how rude of me.
>>
>>859542
We need to enter an old fashioned mercantilist trade war with China and Mexico. Especially with China.
>>
http://www.businessinsider.com/what-americans-dont-understand-about-nordic-countries-2016-3

>Nordic countries are the way they are, I’m told, because they are small, homogeneous “nanny states” where everyone looks alike, thinks alike, and belongs to a big extended family.

>But this vision of homogenous, altruistic Nordic lands is mostly a fantasy. The choices Nordic countries have made have little to do with altruism or kinship. Rather, Nordic people have made their decisions out of self-interest.

>But, as an example, here are some of the things I personally got in return for my taxes: nearly a full year of paid parental leave for each child (plus a smaller monthly payment for an additional two years, were I or the father of my child to choose to stay at home with our child longer), affordable high-quality day care for my kids,one of the world’s best public K-12 education systems, free college, free graduate school, nearly free world-class health care delivered through a pretty decent universal network, and a full year of partially paid disability leave.

>Even so, surely these Nordic “socialist nanny states” pay the price in squashing entrepreneurship and business innovation? This is another refrain I repeatedly hear: Nordic countries have produced no Steve Jobs, no General Motors, and no medical breakthroughs.

>Nordic countries are well-ranked when it comes to helping facilitate starting a business. At the most basic level, what the Nordic approach does is reduce the risk of starting a company, since basic services such as education and health care are covered for regardless of the fledgling company’s fate. In addition, companies themselves are freed from the burdens of having to offer such services for their employees at the scale American companies do. And if the entrepreneur succeeds, they are rewarded by tax rates on capital gains that are lower than the rate on wages.
>>
>>859535
Not true. It is cyclical.
>>
Hourly reminder that things have been going downhill for America and the west in general since suffrage was passed in the 1920s. Expansion of government, rise of the welfare state, partisan politics, unfettered immigration, multiculturalism, prohibition and the war on drugs - - all of it because women were given the right to vote
>>
>>859546
Well it's a good thing you included it at the beginning of your post so I could comfortably not read the rest of it, knowing it will be shit. Thanks for saving my time.
>>
>>859232
Even he is personally a Communist, it doesn't matter because he'll never get a single 'Communist' policy or piece of legislation enacted.
>>
File: 1458012941409s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458012941409s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>859524

>mfw the Berntard doesn't understand that raising the tax rate actually reduces the tax revenue
>>
>>859562
>Even if he is personally a X, it doesn't matter beacause he'll never get a single 'X' policy enacted.

Apply that to every non-establishment drone type of politician ever.
>>
>>859316
>Women need to be controlled in order for society to prosper.

Except that's not true.
>>
>>859533
>>859533

you stupid cuck

the rich people didn't leave

only their money did
>>
>>859561
>getting this ass-mad about "trickle-down" economics

I'm willing to bet you call the ACA "Obamacare" though
>>
>>859524
Do you even Laffer Curve you dumb fuck
>>
>>859538
>It's like with Wall Street regulation, we all agree that Wall Street is full of greedy cunts but every attempt to regulate them only resulted in them outsmarting the legislators and circumventing the regulations.

They are the legislatures. Don't you know how many Jews have been on the Supreme Court, even? They have complete control over the laws created in this country.

>>859533
>During the 1950s the top tax rate was 91%. Where was this huge exodus of rich people?

The rich people don't leave, they just move their capital. The global economy is integrated, meaning they can find the best areas to invest in with the highest return. A lot of American businessmen are making tax-free money from businesses they have in China, which obviously aren't providing any jobs to Americans. If you tried to tax them, they would simply move.
>>
>>859565
>mfw the Trumptard doesn't understand the Laffer curve
>>
>>859092
> women who have more marital sex partners are more likely to have sexually transmitted diseases

People seriously spent time and effort to collect statistics on this entirely obvious fact?

What's next, a survery on how people that drink a lot of water are less likely to be thirsty?
>>
>>859574

I defy you to name one economist who believes in trickle down theory. It's a complete meme
>>
>>859574
I'm not assmad. I literally just skipped reading that post, do you think all people who ignore stupid shit are "mad"? Are we on /b/ now?
>>
>>859479
Gee, then maybe the solution isn't to tax the fat cats, but to get fucking RID of them.
>>
>>859579
I don't think Laffer curve implies anything you think it does.
>>
>>859578
>The rich people don't leave, they just move their capital.

This is a marginal benefit/cost thing though. Bernie's tax increases aren't really that huge for most companies to pack up and move. You're making it sound a lot less costly and time-consuming than it is.
>>
>>859560
lol misogynist faggot crybabies
Go suck a black dick if you hate woman so much
>>
>>859591
Like what, kill them?
>>
>>859579

>The shape of the curve is uncertain and disputed.
>>
File: laffercurve[1].gif (6KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
laffercurve[1].gif
6KB, 250x202px
>>859596
You're a moron.
>>
>>859599
Not him but he's right. Also not sure if there's anything wrong with misogyny.
>>
File: 1434337381544s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1434337381544s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
>>859599

>wanting to prevent women from ruining civilization for all of us is misogyny
>>
>>859569
Then why have patriarchal societies been the rule for all of civilization's existence? Women don't compete for men by making money, they do so by looking attractive. Men compete for resources, and civilization is simply the surplus taken from their labor, which tends to the greater good. Women should have no real power in society. They don't have the same protective and productive drives that men do.
>>
>>859603
From the same page

. The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics reports that estimates of revenue-maximizing tax rates have varied widely, with a mid-range of around 70%. Generally, economists have found little support for the claim that tax cuts increase tax revenues or that most taxes are on the "wrong side" of the Laffer curve.

Get fucking wrecked
>>
>>859620

>curve clearly shows tax revenue diminishing as the tax rate increases
>implying you can get away with taxing people at 70% of their income outside of a communist shithole state

m8 you just btfo yourself
>>
>>859560

>>multiculturalism
>Expansion of government
>rise of the welfare state

>M-M-MUH ETHNONATIONALISM

Prohibition is over, and partisan politics have existed pretty much since this country was fucking founded. We had a goddamn Civil War because of it.

>>>/r/theredpill/
>>
>>859600
Something.
>>
File: laffer-curve.jpg (27KB, 760x666px) Image search: [Google]
laffer-curve.jpg
27KB, 760x666px
>>859605
Thanks for proving me right.
>>
>>859619
Name one civilization that's fallen because women had power in it.
>>
>>859628
>DO SOMETHING, I DUNNO WHAT LOL

Bernie voters in a nutshell.
>>
>>859597
It isn't relative to only us, though. Remember, we live in a global economy. It isn't about how much profit they are making, but rather, could they be making more money elsewhere. If China taxes less than the U.S. and continues to provide cheap labor, the U.S. will not be able to compete without capital controls. You can't get around that. Don't trust Bernie, his brethren are THE capitalists.
>>
>>859631
Britain.

Would include ancient Celts too, but they never had a civilization. In fact they still don't.
>>
File: good goy.png (7KB, 470x401px) Image search: [Google]
good goy.png
7KB, 470x401px
>>859605
>>
>>859631

Sparta
>>
>>859624
>>curve clearly shows tax revenue diminishing as the tax rate increases

Only for a certain part of the curve you mongoloid.
>>
>>859633
Not a Bernie voter, not a Bernie supporter.

I guess you don't have to kill them, just strip them of their wealth and thus power and influence.
>>
>>859631
No civilization has had women with real power. Even women like Elizabeth I had Francis Walsingham and William Cecil. Women aren't capable of managing a country, and men have always known that.
>>
>>859643
>just strip them of their wealth

what is the fucking Constitution??
>>
>>858840
>global warming doesn't exist because I don't see it when I look outside

Thanks for the kek.
>>
>>859650
A scrap of paper.

>inb4 edgelord
>>
>>859629

>curve peaking around 20%

o i am laffin, what high school libertarian made this
>>
>>859651

global warming doesn't matter because we can't stop it anyway
>>
>>859641
Do you seriously think that Laffer per se is implying that 50% rate is optimal? That picture is just a fucking illustration you fucking moron, for most countries the revenue maximizer peaks way below.

>>859654
It varies with each country, in my country it was proven the maximizer is around 18%.
>>
>>859654

>government spending
>anywhere above 20% percent of the national income except in times of war
>a good thing

pick none Josef
>>
>>859662
That's not even what the curve is displaying

>>859661
>Do you seriously think that Laffer per se is implying that 50% rate is optimal?

No I'm implying that it's a curve not a line you idiot. We can argue all day about what side of the curve we're on and where the midpoint is, but you're the one not admitting that higher taxes can lead to higher revenues depending on the initial tax rate.
>>
>>859640
Yep, that's why Sparta fell. Not competition from other powers, having a shitton of slaves to hold down, constant warfare, or the fact that all nations and empires fall eventually.

It was all the women.
>>
>>859649
>Women aren't capable of managing a country, and men have always known that.

As far as I know tests have shown time and time again that women have more or less the same cognitive abilities as men. Female mental inferiority is a myth.
>>
>>859668
The "midpoint" is the key, Laffer per se only implies that 0% and 100% both get you fuck all. For most countries the mean is well below 50%.
>>
>>859682
The only female ruler who wasn't complete shit was probably Isabella of Castille.
>>
>>859637
>hurr if you don't have aqueducts and poetry you're not a real civilization

Anyway, if women being given the vote leads to the dissolution of imperialist empires, then I'm all for it.
>>
>>859683
>The revenue-maximizing tax rate can be calculated from an estimate of the elasticity of taxable income with respect to the after-tax share. Some studies find this elasticity to be near zero, and others find it to exceed 1. The mid-range for this elasticity is around 0.4, with a revenue peak around 70 per cent.

70% seems high to me, but don't act like "well below 50%" is a given. There's a lot of disagreement.
>>
>>859687
There are many female rulers who are competent like Catherine The Great of Russia. Hom many of men helped them is irrelevant because practically every leader relies on subordinates. It isn't like we trying to discuss some crazy matriarchy society.
>>
>>859689
Women given the power means a return to primitivism. I'm all for killing of women. Not making them all sex slaves, not putting them into kitchens, but KILLING them. As long as they exist there will always be problems.
>>
>>859708
>Women given the power means a return to primitivism
In contract to highly advanced and sophisticated golden age of modern Muslim nations where all power belong to men?
>>
File: 1404162032835.jpg (98KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
1404162032835.jpg
98KB, 960x948px
>>859708
>>
File: 1454657292016.jpg (2MB, 2332x2556px) Image search: [Google]
1454657292016.jpg
2MB, 2332x2556px
postan feels
>>
>>859708
>>/r9k/
>>
File: milton-friedman1.png (30KB, 267x353px) Image search: [Google]
milton-friedman1.png
30KB, 267x353px
>>859693

Let me put it to you this way, shit thunderer

If the government is controlling 50 percent of the national income, that means that the people work 6 months a year for themselves and 6 months a year for the government

Let's imagine it was actually broken up that way.

Imagine that from Jan 1 to June 30, the tax rate (local, state and federal) was 0%. Everyone who works gets to keep their entire paycheck.

However, from July 1 to December 31, the tax rate is 100%. Everyone who works forfeits their entire paycheck.

Now tell me, what would be the difference in productivity, in hours worked, in goods and services produced, between these two halves of the year? Do you think business and industry would just keep chugging along, unfazed by the income situation?

The fact of the matter is that our current arrangement is really no different. Government is in fact expending right around 50% of the national income. But those taxes are evenly distributed throughout the year, disguising the fact that most workers spend 6 months out of every year working to fund the government.
>>
>>859717
>inb4 hurr that's cause their shitskins
>>
>>859708
I'm sorry the qt from third period turned you down, anon. High School isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>859682
IQ tests have been designed to display parity of the genders, and has been proven to test education level above all else. Real world achievement, which is the only objective display of intelligence, has always been the exclusive realm of men. All jobs requiring intelligence have been 100% male occupied for the majority of civilization. Women were not barred entry, either. Women were allowed in academia back in Ancient Greece and even Sumeria. They quite simply have smaller brains that are wired in a way that is accepting of authority, rather than critical of it.

Women have equal social intelligence to men (if not greater), but cerebral thought? No.
>>
>>859726
As opposed to people working to fund their boss? What's the difference, really?
>>
>>859726
>the public doesn't benefit from government expenditures

Ok
>>
>>859741

To fund their boss, yes. What does he do? Run the company which provides you your job?

Yeah, what a cunt. Fuck paying him
>>
>>859717
>>859728

Muslim societies are million times better than pre-agricultural cave fucktards eating deer droppings I can tell you that much.
>>
>>859739
Oh NOW IQ tests are unreliable, but when they're showing blacks and arabs to be subhuman savages they're hard facts.
>>
>>859726
>If the government is controlling 50 percent of the national income, that means that the people work 6 months a year for themselves and 6 months a year for the government
That's why the trick is to tax the rich, who make their money from passive income, instead of taxing the lower and middle classes, whose work consists of more than just speculation and cocktail parties.
>>
>>859705
>Hom many of men helped them is irrelevant because practically every leader relies on subordinates.

It does matter, because ALL subordinates have been men. There hasn't been one woman military or political adviser in all of human history. It doesn't work both ways, and you are being disingenuous if you think it does. Women are significantly less intelligent than men, no matter how much Jew magic is present in the education system.
>>
>>859751
What does the government do? Uphold laws that protect you and your family?

Yeah, what cunts. Fuck paying them.
>>
>>859741
When you give your boss part of what you create, this is called surplus value and is evil exploitation. The boss deserves to be hanged by the angry proletarians.

When you give a huge chunk of your salary to the state, this is called solidarity with your fellow man and fulfilling the obligations set by social contract. Anyone disagreeing with this is a filthy bourgeoise animal. Praise Lenin.
>>
>>859767
>All socialists are Marxist-Leninists

lad
>>
>>859754
Why do you think that poster hates blacks and arabs?

I for example don't, but I hate females with a burning passion. A black man is much more of a fellow human to me than a white woman.
>>
>>859747

>le extension meme

Government expenditures are beneficial, provided they are for the right things and at the right level.

>>859759

That is a tiny part of the current government expenditure. Most of what government expends today is on welfare style programs, i.e. on redistributing the income of those who earn it
>>
>>859754
I never agreed to that. Many blacks and Arabs are more intelligent than given credit for. I'm not /pol/, the stereotype. I'm not racist, and don't want "white" people to rise up. (Whatever that means, as whites have been fighting internecine wars for all of their existence, including the Civil War.) Women are less intelligent than men, and the Jews run our country, get over it. Blacks commit more crimes, too, but that hasn't had the detrimental effect that many /pol/ users would like to believe. I don't hate women or minorities, I just live in reality.
>>
>>859757
> Women are significantly less intelligent than men
Doesn't matter because individual woman can be more intelligent than individual man. Why people choose statistical generalizations instead of fair competition of skill and intilegence is beyond me.
>>
File: 1445710863232.gif (203KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445710863232.gif
203KB, 640x480px
>>859754
You're literally trying to beat up some fictional strawman.

>You hate women? Then I automatically assume you also hate blacks and gays, because you're clearly from /pol/ that's what /pol/tards do!
>>
>>859789
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200804/all-stereotypes-are-true-except-i-what-are-stereotypes
>>
>>859792
There seems to be a pretty strong correlation between hating women and hating minorities online.
>>
>>859804
source: your butt
>>
>>859804
I hate females and I'm a """minority""" myself.
>>
And then, people complains about not being taken seriously...
>>
>>859726
You're making it sound like those tax dollars are just thrown into a sink.

But if the money you are currently saving in taxes is instead spent on education and healthcare, how exactly have you saved anything? American spend more on healthcare and high level education than any other nation, with fuck all in return. How exactly is that money well spent?
>>
>>859819
So am I.

Doesn't really mean anything.

You're being disingenuous if you don't think there's an association between misogyny and racism, though it's not absolute.
>>
>>859789
I don't think there has ever been a truly intelligent woman. All of the societal hindrances are largely Jewish fables, designed to destroy our families via feminism and distrust. If a woman was really superior to a man in a crucial field, she would be utilized. No one would pick an inferior male over a superior female just to hold women back. When lives are on the line, the best person is chosen, period. We know this because many times the best man was some ugly short guy, instead of the quintessential alpha male—Napoleon, nerd scientists, etc.
>>
>>859800
My point here isn't that stereotype is false but that you need stupid people to be controlled. There are plenty of those of both genders so there is no real need to be gender specific. Retarded man that got into position of power wasn't that much better that slightly below average woman.
>>
>>859807
it's really not that unreasonable, both are heavily conservative viewpoints.
>>
>>859832
>don't think there's an association between misogyny and racism

You have to prove that there is. If anything the racists seem to be all MUH PRISTINE WHITE ARYAN PRINCESSES FUCKING NIGGERS STOP RAPING OUR BEAUTIES, they're the biggest white knights (pun not intended) out there.
>>
>>859838
Napoleon was quintessential alpha male. Maybe not by looks but in character. Honestly he wasn't the one who you can call ugly and short guy. Not when he comes to power anyway.
>>
>>859826

How exactly is it well spent when government has control over it? Tell me, does anyone spend other people's money as carefully as he spends his own?

When government controls expenditure on things like healthcare and education, not only do we the taxpayers have to cover the costs of these things in themselves, we also have to pay for the government bureaucracy involved in deciding how the money is going to be spent. That is waste, pure and simple. But we are fortunate that the government is so wasteful, because if it were in any way efficient at spending what it collects, the argument against government spending would be much weaker.

The reason healthcare and education are so catastrophically expensive in this country is complex, but in both cases it boils down to government: regulations and licensing on the one hand (healthcare), and a monopoly on the other (public schools)
>>
>>859870
Holy shit he was the most awkward sperg ever in his younger years. Literally wrote weird creepy wish fulfillment fanfiction about his ex.

Had zero fashion sense and people made fun of him for it.

Literally got cucked several times.

Far from an alpha male, just cunning.
>>
>>859838
>>/pol/

white trash
>>
>>859838
> never been a truly intelligent woman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_elected_and_appointed_female_heads_of_state

If all those democratically elected women are dumb, imagine how dumb the men that elected them must be.
>>
What is the average ages on /lit/ and /his/ respectively, and how many females post on each?
>>
File: 1458110611891.jpg (177KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458110611891.jpg
177KB, 400x400px
>>859888
>the eternal female attempting to divide & conquer whites and non whites

Nice try cunt demon
>>
>>859887
Guy got a balls and mind to back them up. What do you want from alpha male? This is real tragedy that alpha now means to follow fashion trends and shit.
>>
>>859832
This is true, I admit. The fact is, though, that many people hate minorities in a non-racial fashion. I dislike the fact that some immigrants don't assimilate into American culture, but I don't hate them for their genetics.

The truth is, white people didn't always exist, and still don't as a cohesive group. Between the inception of America and the post WWII period, white was not an identity. You had the Germans, the Irish, the Poles, the Southern Europeans, etc., but beyond that was religious identity, which was much more important. The general trend is the old immigrants, who have now assimilated, dislike the new immigrants that haven't. Jew media and the Jew co-opted KKK and Neo-Nazi groups have tried to make it racial, when in fact it was always more cultural than anything. Blaming whites for slavery is asinine, considering whites didn't exist as a group back then, and the same logic is de facto banned when if comes to Jews and their crimes and immoralities in entertainment, politics and finance.
>>
>>859890
Democracies wasn't famous for intelligence of voters.
>>
>>859722
This shit scares me more then anything.
>>
>>859895
You are a lonely autistic weirdo, please keep your thoughts to yourself or shitpost them to people that care, some people want a genuine discussion
>>
>>859885
you are completely ignoring the fact that the free market doesn't necessarily guarantee quality in every aspect of every business.

In healthcare, a single payer system means there is no incentive for health insurance companies to cop people out of their benefits, and you can buy in bulk, which is almost always cheaper.

In education, a single payer system means you can mandate a common standard, rather than have to water down the quality of what you are providing to make it more appealing. There's a reason American colleges are flooded with idiotic pop-courses and overly entitled students demanding "safe spaces" around what they see as a service they are buying, rather than a privilege they are given.
>>
>>859904
White just meant "Anglo-Saxon protestant" for a long time. Then the non-Saxon Germans "became" white, then the French, the Irish, the Slavs, the Italians and finally the Jews.
>>
File: eternal female.jpg (77KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eternal female.jpg
77KB, 1920x1080px
>>859922
Fuck off back to tumblr you ugly witch, this board is not fem inclusive.
>>
>>859904
>Jew media and the Jew co-opted KKK and Neo-Nazi groups have tried to make it racial, when in fact it was always more cultural than anything.

Have you never seen or read anything by 19th century anthropologists proclaiming the inherent inferiority of this or that ethnic/racial group?

Was that the Jews too?
>>
>>859910
> le voters are dumb meme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Just look at all those autocracies taking the top spots!
>>
>>859925
>you are completely ignoring the fact that the free market doesn't necessarily guarantee quality in every aspect of every business.

And government does?

You are just kidding yourself if you think a failure of the free market can be remedied by government control. The market is subject to excesses and shortcoming, of course. But government is subject to exactly the same. The only difference is who's paying for it
>>
>>859925
>there's a reason American colleges are flooded with idiotic pop-courses and overly entitled students

because the government is subsidizing them you clown
>>
>>859940
>confirmation bias patterns

Most countries in your top 10 are monarchies, so by your logic monarchy > republic.
>>
>>859904
> blaming whites for slavery is asinine

While I agree that constantly digging around in the past for finding someone to blame for our current problems is indeed asinine, you can't just discount the fact that every country in Europe benefited from the economic acceleration that occurred in the slave nations.
>>
>>859925
What's more we've seen clear failings in the private sector to innovate education. Hence, for profit-schools that exist to shill useless two year degrees and churn out shit-awful art students.
>>
>>859936
No point in responding to retards like him with logic, it just goes past them.
>>
>>859954
>every country in Europe

Yes, especially fucking Moldavia sure benefitted from the Brits shipping niggers to the Caribbean.
>>
>>859952
please read the rules of this board, blatant trolling will not be allowed. If you do not even understand what a constitutional monarchy is, you have no business commenting on anything related to government structure.

>>859944
I listed some very specific areas in which government control can remedy shortcomings of the free market, care to comment on those ?
>>
>>859963
Moldova obviously traded less with the slave economies, and therefore benefitted less from it.
>>
>>859969
What trolling you sperg? You pretty much came up with the idea that correlation = causation indicating you really better off taking a statistics class. I could as well say that the top 10 countries are good because they're genetically Eurasian and I'd be just as correct as you.
>>
>>859936
No, it wasn't the Jews, but it wasn't as racial as you are stating. They basically viewed everyone of inferior culture as genetically inferior. Many groups that are considered white now would have been included. It was really nationalism more than anything. European countries don't have individual races, but rather a large mixture of phenotypes that transcends borders. You can't separate French and German people easily by race, for instance. There are many overlaps.

So, yes, blacks were considered racially inferior, but I don't agree with that necessarily. Africa is a large area, and home to many different phenotypes. We know black people had a hand in Ancient Egypt and the Near East (to a lesser extent), showing that they obviously were Intelligent. Even today, I have met many intelligent minorities. /Pol/ just hates people without understanding their culture or ever interacting with them.
>>
>>859989
There was no free trade back then, virtually all countries were mercantilist. Non-slaveowning countries benefitted fuck all from Atlantic slavery and many European countries (like Hungary) actually got royally shafted by the discovery of America.
>>
>>859996
you're the one who made the claim that voters aren't intelligent, without providing any backing for that whatsoever. At least I tried to bring some degree of statistics into the mix. Which is infinitely more than you've done, so far all you've done is make an idiotic, unprovable claim without citing any source whatsoever.
>>
>>860007
Except I'm not that poster you dumb fuck. I was literally just scrolling through the main screen and saw some mong thinking democracy causes high living standards.
>>
>>860004
> Non-slaveowning countries benefitted fuck all from Atlantic slavery

Can we agree that Britain benefitted massively from the slave trade in economic terms?

And that industrialization started out in Britain, in large parts financed by their massive wealth?

And that European countries were generally the first to industrialize as a result of this?
>>
>>860016
But that's not the point I was making, the point was that there is absolutely no proof that it is in any way a deterrent to good governance.
>>
>>859954
>While I agree that constantly digging around in the past for finding someone to blame for our current problems is indeed asinine, you can't just discount the fact that every country in Europe benefited from the economic acceleration that occurred in the slave nations.

You can't hold peasants accountable for what their leaders did. Individual white people (probably at least 95%) had nothing to do with slavery or exploitation. Most of our ancestors were farmers themselves.

Like I was saying, if you apply this logic to Jews you will be fired, but towards whites it is "progressive." If you blame all Jews for pornography you are an anti-Semite; if you blame all Jews for the genocide in the Ukraine you are an anti-Semite; if you accuse the Jews of having too much power as a group you are an anti-Semite, etc. Which one is it? Is collective guilt allowed, or not? Why do the Jews get a free pass if it is? I would say the average Jew has had a much bigger hand in creating our current oligarchy than whites ever had in creating the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.
>>
>>860029
I fully agree with you on the whole "holding people accountable" thing, which is the very first thing I wrote...

My other point was that putting your fingers in your ears and claiming that Western societies in no way benefitted from this is just as disingenious.
>>
>>860019
>Can we agree that Britain benefitted massively from the slave trade in economic terms?

Sure they did. But the claim that "all Europeans" somehow benefitted off of Brits running a slave industry is not just incorrect, it's outright dumb and whoever made that claim is an imbecile. It pretty much seems like he's some American moron who thinks the maritime powers on the Atlantic coast were all there was to Europe.
>>
>>860040
Fine, "Europe" should have been qualified to "The nations that were integrated in the British trading and technology network", happy?
>>
>>860040
>>860056
>Europe = Britain

Amerifats, everyone
>>
>>860062
Right, because the (most of) rest of Europe in no way benefitted from British industrialization. Not one bit.
>>
>>860038
The point is they had no control over any of it. How can some farmer who has never seen a black man, has no political voice whatsoever, and probably has no opinion anyhow, be held accountable? What is a white man? There wasn't a racial paradigm for viewing the world through back then; it was religious, instead.

All of this white pride garbage is the Jewish rendition of anti-Semitism. If you don't like what Jews are doing, then you have to take all of the other labels as well. Racial pride has historically been Jewish, not European. Jews feel a racial bond with Jews from anywhere in the world, transcending national borders, Europeans do not. White people don't feel a bond when they see another white man in the store. It doesn't happen like that.
>>
>>860085
I agree, which is why the very first thing I wrote was renouncing the notion of collective guilt.

Too bad you feel the need to dabble in anti-semitism, you seem like a reasonable guy beyond that.
>>
>>859904
The founding fathers made many references to "white men", and from context and other references it's easy to see that by that they basically meant "western Europeans".
>>
File: 1455417598864.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455417598864.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>860073
>Brits were the first to industrialize so the other countries that industrialized somehow participated / benefitted from slavery

First of all I don't see the connection between slavery and manufacturing industry other both being connected to Britain. It's a total asspull on your part.

And second, you know this is such a moronic fucking mental leap I don't even know where to begin. You might as well claim Africa also benefitted from slavery as I'm pretty sure there are some factories, cars and tractors in Africa.

Third, you have yet to prove that countries like Russia, Hungary, Poland or Sweden somehow benefitted from Atlantic slavery. I already mentioned Hungary, which before the discovery of America was producing 70% of Europe's gold and silver and got economically destroyed when the Spaniards started using slave labor to mine and flood the market with gold from Mexico and South America.

Moreover, industrialization is literally the reason why countries like Britain banned slavery. It made slavery economically obsolete.

tldr you're stupid
>>
>>860097
Not even all western Europeans, but specifically English people and Saxons. Ben Franklin for example didn't consider Celts, Scandinavians, Russians and non-Saxon Germans to be "white".
>>
>>860101
> I don't see the connection between slavery and manufacturing industry other than both being connected to Britain.

The argument, known as the Williams thesis, is that the wealth from the slave trade made industrialization possible.

Seeing as Britain was the only country to actually "invent" this systematic change in economic development, and (parts of) the rest of Europe essentially just copied and refined the system, they indirectly benefitted.
>>
>>859131
>>859207
>>859222

Are we really sure we want to have industry back? I'm not saying that we should be a non-industrial country all together, but why not accept that other countries will always be able to find ways to be more competitive when they are desperate enough? We already have many prospective jobs in college-level fields (obviously not the 19th-century lit ones, but engineering, medicine, architecture, and other white collar fields are still expanding). It'd be best, instead of trying to regress into a previous economic model, to make a nation that can be competitive amongst other white collar nations. That is within out power.

I'd attack both Trump and Bernie because of their pandering to American industrial nostalgia and the fact that getting rid of TPP won't bring the jobs back. They'd just leave some other way because of new growth in countries like Vietnam and Indonesia. I'm from Detroit proper, so Christ, believe me I'd love to go back to the good old days, but I strongly doubt that's ever going to happen.
>>
>>860175
I think you don't understand, industrial manufacturing being around doesn't benefit just the workers directly working at the assembly line, it boosts up the entire economy.
>>
>>860165
>the rest of Europe essentially just copied and refined the system,

As literally every country in the world that isn't a micronation adopted some form of industry, you're essentially implying that the entire planet indirectly benefitted from slavery, from Abidjan to Okinawa.
>>
>>860263
No shit. Local industry is good for everyone. But MANY of the ways that local industry is preferable to foreign for an economy are negated by modern technology. It's even better when you posture yourself as the world center of trade, which is what white collar states try to do.

Or are you referring to benefits besides lower production and consumption costs?
>>
>>860280
yes. Which is why the very first thing I wrote was that I disapprove of the notion of collective guilt.
>>
>>860288
I don't know if this can really be quantified, but I often hear the argument that innovations within a given field are most likely to occur around where production takes place.

Hence, by moving production, we stifle our own innovation.
>>
>>858874
It's different because we're alive. Those mass extinctions that have happened in the past completely changed the ecology and environments of the entire planet. If humans want to continue living, especially living the way we roughly always have in the past, our environment needs to be roughly the same as the past. A mass extinction could wipe our species out as well
>>
>>858657
I only really blame my peers (I am looped in with them) for stupid bullshit like pulling out the social media phone in the middle of a conversation or during work.

That's more to do with manners though. The entitled bullshit where they quit their jobs just means more slots for the dedicated people to step up. Boomers have a just as shitty mentality on jobs sometimes where they go on about millennials selling themselves short.

People can be pretty stupid, and that stupidity comes in trends. Some of those are inherited and others are grown. Overall I would say that the older generations are hard on millennials for both the right and wrong reasons.
>>
>>859954
Yeah, if it wasn't for slavery, the Greeks and Slavs would never have risen so high in the Ottoman military!
>>
>>858657
self-entitled
>>
>>858902
good thought anon
>>
>>858657
>millennials are facing a planet that is literally dying, with mass extinction, habitat loss and climate change threatening the survival of most life on the planet.
Nice
Meme
>>
>>858657
>millennials are facing a planet that is literally dying, with mass extinction, habitat loss and climate change threatening the survival of most life on the planet
Yah, that's it, not that my peers don't want free college top be paid for by everyone else
>>
>>859416
>Jews committed genocide against the Russians
Wut
>>
College freshman. I'm absolutely terrified of not having a job as soon as I graduate. Any good tips and insights so that I stay ahead of the curve?
>>
>>863254
Summer internships? You get experience and you get paid, unless you live in America where they'll ask you to work for no pay (lol)
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.