[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a philosophy or practice that is known to focus in "action"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Is there a philosophy or practice that is known to focus in "action" itself as a way of life? Much like James Bond or Batman and the like. Sorry for the silly question.
>>
>>829439
There is one that focuses on nonaction as a way of life
>>
>>829454
Epicureanism?
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 611x404px
>>829439
Bucky Fuller was nuts but tried to develop something of the sort
>>
>>829457
taosim
>>
>>829473
It seems that taosim could be used as a complement,since action needs empty thoughts to be performed.
>>
File: nihilism.gif (92KB, 576x747px) Image search: [Google]
nihilism.gif
92KB, 576x747px
>>829439
>>
Judaism is a religion of action.
>>
>>829454
What? That's not how I understand Taoism. Do without doing. Not don't do anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 197x255px
>>829439
Sounds like you need Pragmatism, son.

It's a philosophy developed by psychologist and philosopher William James, logician Charles Sander's Pierce, and philosopher John Dewy among others.

It basically places action as the principle construct for deciding what's true and what's good. What's true and what's good is what benefits effective action. A proposition is verified by the action it produces and the effect it has on the world.

Ideas are implemented by actions, and are tested and revised depending on how they interact with action and experience.

Pic related, William James, the principal expounder of pragmatism.
>>
>>829513
I cant believe im the one who gave you the excuse to upload that picture
>>
>>829517
Destructive action that is.
>>
>>829554
Interesting,I'll look into it. Also,Psychologists aren't particularly known for being pragmatic.
>>
>>829439
Marx claimed that philosophy should change the world, not only interpret it.

Satre and other existentialists were keen getting involved in politics and protests and other social issues.

Heidegger was into being authentic and being in the world not just being present

Marcus Aurelius was keen on the idea of shutting the fuck up and doing your duty and being a man and getting on with your life.

Nietzsche was into being active and willing your will rather being passive and going with the herd.
>>
pretty much Nietzsche. Saints are all about advocating to actually do-stuff.
>>
>>829513
All I see is one person who acknowledges his sadness, and a person that tried to "distract" himself but can't shake that sadness off
>>
>>829439
Bushido is the way of the pen and the sword.

There is a saying in Japan that to think you understand something and not take action upon it is to truly not understand it at all.

This is the central theme of Yukio Mishima's work and the reason why he is so critical of Buddhism in Temple of the Golden Pavilion.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.