[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Italy vs Greece give me your thoughts on this and why I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Greek_Parade_Paris_1919.jpg (868KB, 1072x769px) Image search: [Google]
Greek_Parade_Paris_1919.jpg
868KB, 1072x769px
Italy vs Greece
give me your thoughts on this and why

I'd go with Greece
>shaped western culture and the roman empire
>alexander
>discovered many sciences
>medicine
>great mathematicians
>defined democracy
>byzantine empire
many more reasons but tired to list them
>>
>>828893
greece: hasn't achieved jack shit for 2000 years
>>
File: 1457285977834.jpg (27KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1457285977834.jpg
27KB, 419x249px
bumps
>>
Modern Greece is completely different than ancient Greece. I'm not even getting into genetics and shit like that, but culturally they're two radically different nations.
>>
>>828893
alexander is a macedon.
>>
>>829077
Yeah, of course he is
and macedonia is a region in northern greece
>>
>>829058
That probably goes for every single country on earth.
>>
Greece for the reasons you listed. The Renaissance was important, but not as much as that stuff.
>>
File: carnival7.jpg (176KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
carnival7.jpg
176KB, 1024x700px
>>828893
I'm a grecaboo, but I'm going to go with Italy.

Sure both have glorious ancient and medieval history behind them, and greece is slightly superior here, but greece was cucked by the turks in the modern ages, while italy flourished as the center of the Renaissance and the great world explorers and was a great power with it's own colonies, etc. Overall Italy takes the lead.

Maybe only China comes close the overall historical greatness of Italy.
>>
>>828893
I'm going with Italy easy:
Rome >>> Byzantium
Caesar >>> Alexander
Italian city states >>> Greek city states
Modern Italy >>> modern Greece
>>
>>828893
>discovered many sciences
Like what? What did they study that the sumerians, egyptians and persians didn't already study?
>>
>>829279
WE WUZ PHILOSOPHERS AND SHIET
also round earth, mathematics, and democracy
>>
>>829270
>Modern Italy >>> modern Greece
Only true statement in your post.
>>
Italian history overall is better than greek history,
Ancient greece is better than ancient rome.
>>
>>829323
/thread
>>
>>829233
Being the buffer state for muslims until their downfall was a huge role to take, and the Byzantines mostly succeeded, until the Turks.
Whereas the Shitalians had their rennessaince because Constantinople fell and Greeks flocked to the Western world, spreading the Byzantine technologies and documents, when the Byzantine Empire was very secretive about its findings.
>>
>>829650
That's weird I don't recall Petrarca being Greek.
>>
File: shit_movie.jpg (42KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
shit_movie.jpg
42KB, 655x380px
Italy finished what Greece started
>>
>>829315
Except for the part where the Romans pretty much shaped how Western civilization would come to be as it is today which triumphs over anything Greeks ever did.
>>
This thread triggers me
>>
>>829315
Alexander isn't even Greek's greatest leader
>>
>>829279
Sex with boys
>>
>>829279
Spotted the humanities faggot.
>>
>>829287
>Romans
>democracy
>>
>>829233
>but greece was cucked by the turks in the modern ages
Thanks to Italians, that is.
>fourth crusade
>>
>>829707
greece (classical) -> italy (roman) -> greece (medieval) -> italy (renaissance)
>>
File: 1348603535710.jpg (21KB, 271x289px) Image search: [Google]
1348603535710.jpg
21KB, 271x289px
>Italy
>Rome
>>
>>829683
poet =/= researcher
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.