[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can free will exist if God knows everything you do before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: behemoth-album-art.jpg (62KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
behemoth-album-art.jpg
62KB, 500x450px
How can free will exist if God knows everything you do before you do it?
If God doesn't know everything, how is he omniscient?
>>
How does someone knowing what you will do in any way negate free will?
>>
File: free will and omniscience.jpg (335KB, 676x485px) Image search: [Google]
free will and omniscience.jpg
335KB, 676x485px
>>799618
>How can free will exist if God knows everything you do before you do it?
Same way free will is compatible with when our own imperfect knowledge.

Pic related: If I successfully predict someone's weak trolling tactics, does that mean that they were not free in their decision to shitpost?
>>
>>799618
God doesn't exist.

Also free will is a meme.
>>
>>799654
Because that implies your choice is already pre-determined. If you know something for a fact, then it's already determined.
>>
>>799618
Define "free will". I still don't see how something can be anything other than determined by prior causes or random.

And no, compatibilism doesn't convince me very much.
>>
>>799618
The fact that you know what will be done before it happens doesn't mean that free will doesn't exist.
If a kid is going to swipe some cookies before bed and you predicted this beforehand because he loves cookies and you just bought a jar of them, you haven't forced the kid to steal the cookies.
Now, you can predict this because you presumably know the kid somewhat well. Now assume you knew everything, about everyone, including their personalities and their preferences. Basically, you've taken their free will into account when predicting what will happen.
>>
Behemoth is good but entry level
Now listen to Aura Noir you little shit
>>
>>799618
Just because you can read some dead dude's biography and know his life, does that mean he lacks free will?
>>
>>799658
/thread
>>
File: Edgemaster.jpg (154KB, 680x992px) Image search: [Google]
Edgemaster.jpg
154KB, 680x992px
>>799659
>>
File: MEMES.jpg (21KB, 399x295px)
MEMES.jpg
21KB, 399x295px
>>799659
>>
>>799738
But that's just a guess. If god is omniscient then he would already know that fate
>>
>>799618
Because while God knows, it is still you that chose the path, not God that imposed it upon you.
>>
>>800038
Good exists outside of time and can see everything that has happened, is happening and will happen all at once. This means that when we say he knows what you will do, we mean he's seeing that choice happen as well as what leads up to it, this is what makes it knowledge rather than prediction.

If he knew what we would do but we hadn't done it yet, he'd just be predicting with 100% accuracy, not knowing.
>>
>>799761
both are good. i wouldnt think aura noir to be elite and behemoth as entry level. darkthrone is entry level and if you know anything about darkthrone you know those guys put out aura noir releases. see? its not that elite. any moron can listen to aura noir
>>
>>799796
As edgy and neckbeard like religious fags wanna make it out to be, there is no appropriate support whatsoever for a personal God and modern neuroscience has confirmed free will to be ridiculous.

Get over it.
>>
>>799654
Well if they created the universe and are capable of regular intervention of huge proportion that they are willing to demonstrate then it kind of negates free will.

Free will only surfaces when that creator is a huge fuckup and can't accomplish shit with his little spacetime creation.
>>
>>799684
Determinism doesn't negate free choice since the person making the choice is not omniscient (and any knowledge couldn't possibly apply to their own choice anyway since given any such supposed knowledge they'd always remain able to choose the opposite).
>>
>>799684
>>801312
Oh and btw as you can see this has actually nothing to do with God and it's only an issue of determinism and free choice.
>>
>>799761
Aura Noir is pretty fucking entry level imo babbies first blackend thrash.
>>
File: 1444629325990.gif (1MB, 292x278px) Image search: [Google]
1444629325990.gif
1MB, 292x278px
>>800579
>>
>>801401
I wonder why religious fags think they've automatically won if they post a fedora image. No really, why is this? Do you think insulting a person wins an argument? Why do you keep doing it?
>>
>>801768
Let me show you a non-fedora answer that >>799796 could have given.

>There is no appropriate support whatsoever for a personal God and modern neuroscience has confirmed free will doesn't exist.
>>
>>801768

Because we have. It does. Because it's funny.
>>
>>801319
If you are espousing compatabilism then that Doesn't solve the question. There's no choice involved since free will is what you want and being able to do that shit. How that desire arise is caused by prior causes
>>
>>799658
Did you create that person with the properties of "enjoying weak trolling tactics," and orchestrate their life to the point where you knew exactly when that person would have free time and an inclination to shitpost?
>>
Why would an omnipotent being that is literally everything see free will in The context you're talking about?
>>
>>802535
Free will is just a perspective.
>>
>>804171
Depending on which you take, we either are have autonomy or we don't. Non Compatabilist views are the former. The latter is Compatabilism which is simply down to a mere redefinition of "free" and "wil". This is ok when no god is in the picture but when he is, only the former can save him from being the universe's most biggest dickhead. Peter Van Ingawen agrees with me
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.