[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

don't mind me, I'm just posting the superior italian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Repubblica_di_Genova.png (489KB, 1575x962px) Image search: [Google]
Repubblica_di_Genova.png
489KB, 1575x962px
don't mind me, I'm just posting the superior italian merchant city-state
>>
File: Leone_di_san_Marco.png (261KB, 855x509px) Image search: [Google]
Leone_di_san_Marco.png
261KB, 855x509px
Reminder:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Chioggia
>>
File: 1441572419718.png (167KB, 827x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1441572419718.png
167KB, 827x1034px
>>786086
b-but muh banks
>>
Don't mean to hijack the focus, but I think that the Genovese+Venetians did more for mainland Greece and its islands than the Byzantine Empire with its focus on Constantinople and Anatolia ever did.
>>
File: 42.gif (43KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
42.gif
43KB, 400x240px
>>786050
>Not posting the only nation that successfully outjewed the jews.
>>
Venetian here, Genovese women fuck dogs.

>Thus the process for electing the Doge, as of 1268 (when it was employed for the election of Lorenzo Tiepolo), had reached this amazing almost-final form [Lane p.111; also described by Lines p.156]:

Choose 30 of the Great Council members (of whom there were 1000-to-1500, typically; all male) by a random process;
Reduce them to 9 by random processes;
The 9 name 40 nominees;
The 40 are reduced to 12 by a random process;
the 12 name 25 nominees;
Reduce them to 9 by random processes;
The 9 name 45 nominees;
Reduce them to 11 by random processes;
The 11 named 41 (all of whom had to be age≥40 years);
The 41 elected the Doge (from among nominees they chose; any of the 41 could write a name on a slip of paper, and from then onward, that name was a candidate) by range3 voting!

>This choice theoretically was subject to approval or veto by the mass of the people (assembly) but I am unaware of any instance in which that veto was exercised. This perhaps meant this step was a mere formality with the People not really having any power. But another interpretation is that the threat of a veto kept the Grand Council honest in its choice – they refused to risk the embarrassment of a veto.

>In this process, only the penultimate step – the election – "really mattered" – the rest was mainly intended to make the identity of the 41 unpredictable hence making the process (hopefully) uncorruptible. The 41, during their deliberations, were sequestered rather like the juries in modern-day big-time criminal cases. This again was presumably intended to insulate them from corruption.
>>
>>786332
I'm getting that flag delivered to my home

Roughly 1.5x1m, polyester
>>
File: 1457022198192.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1457022198192.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>786359
Can you tell me the website, please?
>>
>>786332
Umm
You do realise that the entire population of Venice that worked in finance and banking were Jewish?

That is why they were tolerated, Christians could not make money from usury, so they had to get the jews to do it.
>>
This venetian = Jews meme is wrong
The Italians Jews Republic was genoa
>>
Yeah clearly you're superior because you brought the Black Plague back from your wars with the Mongols
>>
>>786250
>>786250
>but I think that the Genovese+Venetians did more for mainland Greece and its islands than the Byzantine Empire with its focus on Constantinople and Anatolia ever did.
t. Enrico Pollini
There's a reason why there's a saying about how the Greeks preferred the Turks instead of Catholics.
>>
>>789114
Butthurt?
>>
>>789123
No, I just find it strange with the sudden increase of Italian jew cocksuckers on /his/ lately.
>>
>>786050
Superior to what, Amalfi?
Genoeses were the italian fuggers, a monarch's bitch thinking they mattered.
>>
>>789017
Holy fucking shite that dog is rapid!!!

That man has balls of steel to be holding that thing
>>
>>789024
>implying the Venetians gave a shit
Post a citation or it can be assumed you're falling prey to romanticism.
>>
File: cappella-degli-scrovegni_[1].jpg (252KB, 567x279px) Image search: [Google]
cappella-degli-scrovegni_[1].jpg
252KB, 567x279px
>>789357
>Post a citation
I can post a pic that proves him wrong if you want.
>>
>>789394
Could you elaborate what exactly this means?
>>
>>789404
The Scrovegni chapel, Giotto's masterpiece, was commissioned by Enrico Scrovegni, a banker and usurer active first in Padua then in Venice from the 1320s.
I just wanted to answer with an image, otherwise I'd have mentioned how Venice had a national bank since the 12th century, or how the Medici's family bank had a branch in Venice too, or the Manin family, that went from aristocrats to bankers upon moving to Venice, etc.
>>
>>789330
>dog
>>
>i'm genoese, and this is black death
>>
>>789024
That's just false and you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>789394
Fuck I live across the street from that place and I never knew anything about it's origins, it's almost shameful.
>>
>>789570
Sei di Padova o uno studente da fuori? Perchè mi dico che ti portano a vedere la cappella e il museo una volta per ciclo di studi se cresci qui.
>>
>>789599
Studente da fuori, sono andato a tutti le chiese notabli di Padova meno la piú vicina de me. Io pensava che era una chiesa normale.
>>
>>786346
Absolutely JUST
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.