[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does climate affect how a civilization or culture develops, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Does climate affect how a civilization or culture develops, and if so how much does it influence the development of a civilization or culture?
>>
I myself experienced it, the hot weather makes people feel too lazy or dizzy to do anything.
>>
>>761059
But cold countries like Russia and Finland are not too productive either
>>
I guarangoddamntee that a tribe in a desert is different because it is in a desert in the same way that a tribe in a jungle is different because it is in a jungle.

In the same way, we can infer that tribes would act different in different climates, and since climates can change (IE Sahara), we can infer civilizations can change

If for the least of all, lack of food relative to when the Sahara WASN'T a desert.
>>
>>761082
Can we say Africa historically barely developed because of their climate?
>>
File: Absoulutly_Disgusting.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Absoulutly_Disgusting.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>761086
>Can we say Africa historically barely developed because of their climate?
>>
File: CfXkg.jpg (155KB, 759x1660px)
CfXkg.jpg
155KB, 759x1660px
>>761086
>>
>>761086
Absolutely not. Africa has every type of climate that isn't coniferous or arctic.
>>
Jesus Christ its like people ask stupid questions on purpose.
>>
>>761145
>Africa has every type of climate that isn't coniferous or arctic.

That's pretty much false bruh, Africa doesn't have the same climate as East Asia or Europe
>>
>>761152
South Africa.
>>
>>761160
Close but still not the same.
>>
>>761086
Partly, a bigger factor is the African soil in general since it doesn't allow for a lot of agriculture
>>
>>761439
Agriculture is detrimental to civilization but some cultures have formed without much of it

Just look at the desert dwelling Arabs and the steppe dwelling nomadic Turkics and Mongols
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period
>>
>>761454
That might explain why the medieval fucks were happy being serfs and cucks
>>
I have a really hard time believing winter doesn't affect people after a couple of centuries as someone that lives in a place with no true winter. For a period of a couple months every year everything around you dies and you will too if you don't save and prepare. Everyone has to huddle around together before central heating and do basically nothing. And unlike some of the other seasons you truly have a sense of time marker to distinguish the years when you have such an extreme contrast in weather seasons.
>>
>>761042
Maybe not climate but biomes definitely.
>>
>>761508
>I have a really hard time believing winter doesn't affect people after a couple of centuries

Because the populations genetics won't change significantly over a few generations, the culture will adapt to winter, but this doesn't seem too difficult, see Homo erectus and neanderthal in Europe during the iceage's before modern humans entered Europe.
>>
The Northeast section of Brazil is experiencing a long-term drought, caused by the changing climate. Due to that drought, residents are carrying home buckets of water and storing open containers of water in their homes for washing and cooking. The mosquitoes are breeding in those open containers. Hence, the mosquitoes are thriving due to climate change conditions.
>>
>>761042
The literal climate itself, the ecosystem that forms in that climate, the soil of a given place, the exploitable resources

These are things that affect a people. Heat doesn't make people lazy, heat stroke is a threat great enough to want to ignore working during peak heat. People who live in cold temperate places aren't more industrious they like all people have seasons were food occurs and doesn't. hunger gaps exist .

So many stupid folks itt
>>
>>761071
>Finland
>>
>>761516
Biomes are a part of climate
>>
>>761643
Nope, biomes include climate but also soil composition, terrain features, hydrography and flora/fauna
>>
>>761678
No, no, biome is classified as a PART of climate, not the other way around
>>
>>761691
Not that anon, but biome formation is influenced by climate, but it is not a part or climate.

>A biome /ˈbaJoʊm/ is a formation of plants and animals that have common characteristics due to similar climates and can be found over a range of continents.[1] Biomes are distinct from habitats, because any biome can comprise a variety of habitats.
>A biome contrasts with a microbiome. A microbiome is also a mix of organisms that coexist in a defined space, but on a much smaller scale. For example, the human microbiome is the collection of bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms that are present on a human.
>>
>>761042
>hurr does climate affect how a culture develops?
How is this even a fucking question? Dumb shit.
>>
>>761059
>I myself experienced it, the hot weather makes people feel too lazy or dizzy to do anything.
Mesopotamia, the Nile, and the Iranian plateau all get insanely hot. India too. Central America too. Pretty much all of the cradles of civilisation
>>
>>761520

>Population genetics won't change

Look at this retard and laugh. Why do you think Polynesia and Micronesia have some of the highest obesity rates in the world by several standard deviations? It's evolution to adapt to small island biomes.
>>
>>762000

Also Peru. South Americna civilization didn't start in the cold Southern Cone but rather in the hot climate of Peru.
>>
>>762166
>he does not know that Peru's climate is cold because of the andean mountain range
>>
>>762180

>he thinks just because it's not humid that it's cold

It never snows in Lima, "winter" means you wear jeans instead of shorts.
>>
>>762166
>Peru is a cradle of civilisation

t. Pedro
>>
>>762186
Lima was not even one of the main cities. The incan cities network were along the mountains

>>762189
For being a people that ended being nomadic thousands of years after the people of the middle east, they accomplished a lot.
>>
>>762189

A cradle of civilization is a place where agriculture and cities started independently, so yes, Peru counts. Are you proud that you get your information from dated middle school social studies texts?
>>
>>762195

The Incas were a late empire, the earliest ruins, such as the city of caral, were in the coastal desert.
>>
>I'm CIA
>>
>>762159
If you noticed I said change significantly over a few generations, and Polynesia obesity isn't due to evolution, it's the mismatch between modern foods (high calorie consumption, high sugar) and the human body.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.