[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think and know about native americans before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Native_American_Tribes_Map_2.jpg (148KB, 1419x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Native_American_Tribes_Map_2.jpg
148KB, 1419x1056px
What do you think and know about native americans before evil ghost face came?
>>
>>64677
The aztecs wouldve conquered them eventually
>>
>>64693
this is what i think too, eventually all the tribes would have been killed or absorbed into the larger tribes till there were like one maybe three left.
>>
File: llamas-poloplayers.jpg (9KB, 350x286px) Image search: [Google]
llamas-poloplayers.jpg
9KB, 350x286px
I think Jared Diamond has it right: they were really fucked by having no beasts of burden, and the potential for that doesn't look good.
>>
>>64677
wasn't there something in the north east the Iroquois confederacy couldn't they have managed to build something up?
>>
File: 71hX8HdyDEL.jpg (215KB, 1016x1562px) Image search: [Google]
71hX8HdyDEL.jpg
215KB, 1016x1562px
>>64677
This book does a good job of explaining how cool they were while simultaneously not trating them with kids gloves. They were as brutal as the rest of us, but also pretty sophisticated.
>>
>>64677
nation of giants desu
>>
>>65194
That confederation was formed as a response to European incursions.
>>
>>64677

>Delaware

>not Lenape

shigs digs
>>
>>64693
Some rebellion would have happened earlier though.
>>
File: zebras-harnessed.jpg (38KB, 575x306px) Image search: [Google]
zebras-harnessed.jpg
38KB, 575x306px
>>64789
>I think Jared Diamond has it right

This sentence should not ever be used unironically.

It's not like beasts of burden were magically suited to that task before they were used and selectively bred for it. Do you think wild horses and donkeys before domestication were actually better suited for those tasks than llamas and zebras?
>>
>>64677
Tlingit had bitching wooden helmets.
>>
They were beginning to approach a Bronze Age level of civilization before smallpox and the resultant social collapse wiped out the majority of the population on both continents within a few centuries. By the time Europeans got to North America, they were interacting with a post-apocalyptic civilization.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.