[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone who has actually studied Nietzsche give me a quick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: nietzsche.jpg (307KB, 1600x1181px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
307KB, 1600x1181px
Can someone who has actually studied Nietzsche give me a quick and dirty guide to becoming Ubermensch?
>>
File: 1351226949568.png (608KB, 569x361px) Image search: [Google]
1351226949568.png
608KB, 569x361px
>>488190
>>
read some books and figure it out for yourself
>>
Is nietzscheposting becoming the new stirnerposting?
>>
Crime and Punishment.
>>
>>488631
Part III, Chapter V, by the way, is where the theory is explicitly laid out. It's pretty much identical with Nietzsche's, and like Nietzsche's thought, it is not something you can become, but something you either have or you don't, and if you don't have it, you can only fool yourself into having it.
>>
>>488190
Part of being an Ubermench is reading the source material directly. I'm not even joking.

Nietzsche literally devotes a chapter to talking about lazy readers, which he calls "idle readers".
>>
>>488636
>you are born an ubermench

So I'm guessing you have never read Nietzsche in your entire life. Either that or you suck incredibly bad at reading.
>>
It's very simple really. Man tries to eliminate obstacles, while an overman embraces and overcomes obstacles
>>
>>488636

But as I understood it, Dostoevsky basically said that moral law applies regardless of you potentially being an ubermensch. I mean there's the whole issue of abstraction vs reality which he deals with, where the intellectual part of Raskolnikov sees how he can, consequentially, justify his act due to it enabling his ubermensch character to thrive but the reality of it is no calculated and simple act. It is this life rending immoral and bloody act from which he never recovers.
>>
>>489958
Dostoevsky is against the idea, but Raskolnikov iterates it in the section I'm talking about, to Porfiry (the detective pursuing him, who is a stand-in for Satan, the Adversary who wants to punish us for sin before God can forgive us, and often humorously derides such ideas in Dostoevsky), it's pretty much exactly the same concept as Nietzsche is talking about. The work as a whole deals with it's implications, but the concept is detailed pretty perfectly there.
>>
>>489958
>It is this life rending immoral and bloody act from which he never recovers.
This is also wrong, by the way. Crime and Punishment is precisely about recovering and God's absolute mercy, but also about the pain of not going to God on your knees when you have a heavy heart (which is more difficult in Orthodox Christianity, because we have actually confession with priests and there are no booths so it's not anonymous).
>>
>>489986

Oh I see what you mean. Sorry, I just wanted to make sure it was clear that C&P is in no way favorable to the concept. I should re-read that section, I haven't since reading Nietzche.

>>489993

But he doesn't recover truly, and it changes his life entirely (perhaps for the better, actually I'd say it was for the better). He acts in penance and is absolved but I meant temporally he doesn't recover, he is in prison for the rest of his life. I was meaning to emphasize how much of an effect the crime has on his life. Sorry if I was a bit misleading in my wording, I appreciate the clarification / fixing, whatever you'd like to call it.
>>
>>490036
>he is in prison for the rest of his life
No, his confession saved him from a life sentence. He's in prison for eight years in Siberia, followed by the woman he loves. Something Dostoevsky can relate to, since he did five years hard labor in maximum security (he wore shackles and the whole time and was housed with the most violent and dangerous convicts in Russia).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.