[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Remus had won instead of Romulus? What would the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: thinking.jpg (32KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
32KB, 300x470px
What if Remus had won instead of Romulus? What would the Reman Empire look like?
>>
>>42778
More wolves.
>>
That was just a myth.
>>
>>42810
every legend holds a grain of tuth
>>
>>42887
No one really founded it, it was just a bunch of minor independent towns that eventually unified into a republic while the towns themselves still kept some degree of independence.
Remus and Romulus is 100% myth.
>>
Reemans would have probably either exterminated or forced the romulans to live on Remus while the Reemans all move to the less harsh world of Romulus and set up home. The romulans would almost never be seen or mentioned... Most likely a weak slave class who mine and make weapons in the eternal twilight of Remus.
>>
>>42996
>republic
they were a kingdom at first made, then some tyrant came a long and they became a republic.
>>
>>43322
*Kingdoms
>>
>>43322
>they were a kingdom at first made, then some tyrant came a long and they became a republic.
The kings of Rome are also mythical, according to the story two rulers neatly set up all the Roman institutions and then a bad one came along, plus they apparently all ruled for about 50 years each.

Maybe Rome was a kingdom before becoming a republic, but we don't really know.
>>
>>42996

>myth
>>
>>43439
The start of Rome happened after written language, so why don't we know more?
>>
>>43439
They aren't mythical, it's pretty well proven. The Etruscans ruled Rome, then Rome kicked them out. The specific details might be wrong but the overall story is accepted.
>>
>>43511
Lots of records were lost. I think in 390BC when the Gauls sacked Rome they destroyed a lot of records.
>>
>>42778
You'd be drinking quality wolf milk right now.
>>
>>43571

So what you're saying is that it is possible that Remus existed, but the records proving he existed were destroyed?
>>
>>43511
Not epic enough to be written about.

The bigger your literate population, the more poets and writers you will spawn.
>>
File: memes.jpg (174KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
174KB, 1200x1200px
>>42999
>Reemans

>not REEEEEEEEEEEEEmans
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 220x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 220x486px
>>43511
Only piece we have from the time, the Lapis Niger.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praeneste_fibula there's also this thing, which people consider a forgery and doesn't contain much information.

Very different writing.
>>
>>43668
Yes. But he probably didn't exist. City states and nations like having founding myths.
>>
What if Poseidon had won the contest for Athens instead of Athena? Would it be called Poseidens?
>>
You know what they say, all road lead to Reme.
>>
>>42778
>>42887
The Romulus legend is literally from Indo-European creation mythology.
>>
>>46004

So what you're saying is that there might have been a Romulus, but he was Indian and lived in like 100 BC?
>>
Everything about Rome's monarchy era is just lore or dubious at best.

Rome's history starts with the Republic.
>>
>>45927
Kek.
>>
I know people on 4chan are slow but /his/ just makes it blatantly obvious, right?!
>>
>>42778
myth of romulus and remus was an invention of the late republic related to class conflict between plebeians and patricians, senpai
>>
>>46689

So if Remus had won, Reme would be a pleb society? So they would listen to bad music and watch pleb movies like Fight Club and Meet the Spartans. Interesting. I'm glad the patricians won so Western society turned out cultured and not pleb.
>>
>>42778

Wasn't it just all of Tamriel except Morrowind?
>>
Would the Reman Catholic Church have been as successful as the Roman Catholic Church?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.