[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this make you feel /his/? https://www.youtube.com/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 25

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
How does this make you feel /his/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYTXRDtYzYc
>>
>>417726

Obviously theyd be much happier ripping each others hearts out with shards of glass.
>>
Oh time to beat each other off to how angry we are
>>
>>417726
Popping a semi at some of these Feather q.t's

Otherwise they're 100% right.
>>
>>417726
That guy with a Jesus hat. Christianity would not have gotten into the Americas if it was not Columbus.

Also, he did Discover America in that the Spanish did not know about it before he went that way. In the same way that Gan Ying discovered Europe for china.
>>
File: 1404560801785.gif (386KB, 584x870px) Image search: [Google]
1404560801785.gif
386KB, 584x870px
>we cucked injuns so hard that they're little more than white people with tans
>>
File: 1436930801708.jpg (75KB, 300x900px) Image search: [Google]
1436930801708.jpg
75KB, 300x900px
>these qt native girls
>>
Maybe native americans should have fought harder.
>>
Didn't watch the whole video, but the first girl says that Columbus was evil. Is it really fair to say that?
>>
Vae victis desu senpai
>>
>>417774
My first thought whenever it comes up.
>>
>>417726
Regardless of their feelings, undoubtedly without him ushering in the age of European colonialism none of them would be the same person or even alive to day.

Columbus good or evil was a man of his time. Had it been the Chinese or some asian by some fluke that had started colonialism, they undoubtedly would've done the same and the results been similar.

Beside getting angry teary eyed over some asshole who lived 500 years ago is asinine.

>>417777
Anyone who says such and such is evil without giving comparisons to other people who lived in the same era, or adequately describing what morals were in that era, have no grasp of what history really is.
>>
>>417777
Yes. He ended up being imprisoned by the Spaniards, basically for being fucking evil.

Like, not even touching the issues with how he treated the native populace, as governor he approved of a woman being stripped naked, dragged through the streets like that, and then executed, for saying his family was descended from commoner.

He was a fucking psychopath, and ended his life in prison for it.
>>
Can someone explain what the issue is with Columbus? What it seems to me is that people are pretty ignorant of history and just associate all of the Native Americans' mistreatments with him for some reason, turning him into some sort of 15th century Hitler. I know his track record as governor of Hispaniola wasn't the best but surely that's not what they're referencing?
>>
>>417777
The Spanish wanted to get rid of him because he was cruel to natives.

I reckon that if the Spanish considered him cruel something was indeed a little off.
>>
>>417726
Does people in the USA believe that Columbus discovered their country when they're teached he discovered America? Some of the opinions in the video (for example 0:36) make it look like they do.

It's a meme that Columbus just discovered some islands and not the continental part, but he was in the coasts of central and south america, not the USA.
>>
>>417824
It's basically

>White people are bad
>Christopher Columbus discovered the Bahamas
>Therefore, Columbus is responsible for the presence of White people
>Ergo Columbus is bad
>>
>>417726
Fine because they are right and it shows how insanely insensitive Europeans have been towards native populations around the world.

I'm of Maori heritage so I know how these groups feel (though we faired better).

I live in Australia though and Australians take cultural and historical insensitivity to a whole new level. As bad as they are Maori and Native American relations are lightyears ahead of Aboriginal and white Australia.

When I was in school here, they taught the Stolen Generation was just "misguided policy to try help Aboriginal people" instead of the eugenics based genocide it actually was. mass murder of aboriginals (and Maori and other Polynesians through Blackbirding) was literally not mentioned in school. Australia has some of the most concentrated media ownership in the world with 60% being controlled by News Corp and News Corp media literally denies the Stolen Generation even occurred. The ABC the national state broadcaster is running a documentary series produced a News Corp hack Andrew Bolt making the case that Aboriginals shouldn't be recognized as human by the Australian constitution (currently classified as Fauna).

Places of mass genocide and murder in Australia have no markings whatso ever, a fucking gulag for aboriginal people where they were shipped away and mass murdered is a day spa, the dumping ground is a childrens playground, literally no recognition at all what happened. Australia's national holiday is still on the day the British turned up and used biological warfare on the first Aboriginals they saw and then Australian media gets pissy at Aboriginals for complaining about the date of the holiday.
>>
>>417726

Lol. Absolutely triggered.
>>
I mean I'm pretty sympathetic to Native Americans and it sucks what happened to them, but what the fuck are they hating Columbus for, are they stupid? Guy was an explorer. It's the British colonials and Americans who took their land and genocided them.
>>
part Native American myself and let me tell you, some of those bitches in that clip were race mixed themselves hahaha.
>>
>>417824
It's basically

>"White" people are bad
>Columbus discovered America
>Therefore Columbus brought "White" people
>Ergo Columbus is bad

The fact that Columbus was a shitty human being is unknown to these people, he is thought of as evil solely because he brought "White" people to America. He didn't do this of course and everyone is told this, but Princess Chugging Listerine was too busy sleeping off a hangover on the nearest road to show up to school.
>>
>>417824
Indians are falling for the european trap of considering them an unified group. Hence reactions like that or terms like "native american genocide".

I suppose that's why they need a single character to personify their collective sorrows. The obious choice is Columbus, the man who started it all.
>>
>>417849

it's even easier

>white people are bad
>Columbus was white
>therefore, Columbus is bad
>>
>>417726
north american indians are stupid and ignorant
columbus only genocided and enslaved the caribean natives
>>
>>417852
Wow.

I'm going to look into this now.
>>
>>417859
He was also the admnistrator from hell.
>>
>>417870
http://www.theage.com.au/tv/Documentary/Utopia-5000303.html

Good start
>>
>>417847
Americans Native or not have little clue about geography and less about history.

All they remember is that they were taught in elementary school that columbus came to the the new world (implied the US) and discovered it.

Which is absolute bullshit but that's what most understand to be history.
>>
>Murderer Rapist Genocide

Columbus did none of that though you 1/16 Mohawk cunts.
>>
>>417726
Maybe they should git gud
>>
>>417852
Are you going to shed a tear for the Moriori as well?
>>
>>417881
>http://www.theage.com.au/tv/Documentary/Utopia-5000303.html
Thanks.
>>
>>417899
Who are the Moriori?
>>
>>417904
>A Moriori survivor recalled : "[The Maori] commenced to kill us like sheep.... [We] were terrified, fled to the bush, concealed ourselves in holes underground, and in any place to escape our enemies. It was of no avail; we were discovered and killed - men, women and children indiscriminately." A Māori conqueror explained, "We took possession... in accordance with our customs and we caught all the people. Not one escaped....." [16] The invaders ritually killed some 10% of the population, a ritual that included staking out women and children on the beach and leaving them to die in great pain over several days. The Māori invaders forbade the speaking of the Moriori language. They forced Moriori to desecrate their sacred sites by urinating and defecating on them.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moriori_people
>>
>>417852
Maori bro, I'd happily give you a big ol' hug if your people didn't scare the shit outta me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BoNmpvkavo
>>
>>417852
>Australia's national holiday is still on the day the British turned up and used biological warfare on the first Aboriginals they saw and then Australian media gets pissy at Aboriginals for complaining about the date of the holiday.

Dude, what? From what I've read Anglo-Aboriginal relations were cordial at first until the British begun further expansion into the Australian mainland.

As for your claim that the media gets mad at Aboriginals for complaining about the date of the holiday I'd say you're at least partially right. The media tends to acknowledge the date and the subsequent massacring of the native populations but also acknowledges that the land did originally belong to the aboriginals themselves. It's a mixed bad depending on which newspaper or sources you read

I daresay the only thing that really annoys people about aboriginals complaining about Australia day is what seems like insecurity over it. Every single year there's always people going off on the whole 'stolen land", 'rightful property of the etc tribe' spiel and people get sick of it. No nation has a right to exist. Every nation that has ever existed or currently exists has done so on their ability to either conquer new lands or defend their own. The aboriginals lost; pure and simple

>inb4 /pol/
>>
>>417746
ikr?

Glad we didnt genocide them all
>>
>>417967
And then people will complain about spaniards raping everyone south of Mexico instead of anihilating them. Ruining latin america was completely worthy it.
>>
How many people in this thread worry about the collapse of Europe by Muslims who are black and brown, call European ethnic groups "native" and believe their have some right to their land and worry about being taken over yet don't believe any points of Native Americans is biased or incorrect.

So many of you /pol/tards are so wishiewashie

>>417923
>>417904
Moriori are Maori, just because native killed each other doesn't make British Colonialism any better
>>
>>417852
>I'm of Maori heritage

Mongrel detected.
>>
>>417993
Considering I live in North America and have never set foot in Europe, I couldn't give less of a shit.
>>
>>417993
Like I said I'm sympathetic but I don’t see why they blame Columbus, they should blame the various British and American leaders who actually fucked them up instead.
>>
>>417993

It's sad that they have no land, but I hate this "we used to own the USA till you stole it!" narrative.

The USA was founded by White Europeans for White Europeans, Native Americans have no claim to the nation known as the USA.
White people are not immigrants to the USA, they are natives.

What annoys me is how the perspective of these Native Americans is seen as correct yet it would be racist for a European to say the same in regards to actual genuine immigration here in Europe.
>>
>>417923
We didn't attack people and force them into subjugation based on bullshit race superiority ideals and ideological justification we were civilized and they were savages (Maori conquest was ritualistic and religious based on absorbing Mana) we also don't force the Moriori to celebrate their downfall with "maori awesomeness day" on the day they all were killed in the 21st century.

What we point out is the sheer massive hypocrisy in western ideology and moralism.
>>
>>418042
> we also don't force the Moriori to celebrate their downfall with "maori awesomeness day" on the day they all were killed in the 21st century.

That's because they're all dead
>>
>>417852

So many lies in this post:
1) ABORIGINALS WERE NEVER CLASSIFIED AS FLORA AND FAUNA
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/03/10/myths-persist-about-1967-referendum

2)WE ARE NOT TAUGHT THAT THE STOLEN GENERATION WAS A MISGUIDED ATTEMPT. WE ARE CONSTANTLY GUILTED INTO APOLOGISING NON STOP

Do not listen to the lies that this shithead is spreading.
>>
>>418042
>war and conquest is fine as long as it's done for our reasons and not theirs

Literally wew: the lad
>>
>>417726

Sad for Native Americans.

Why are white people such cunts /his/?
>>
I find it disturbing that /his/ is so quick to jump on Japanese WWII atrocities yet denies and belittles the impact of atrocities perpetrated by white people. Hypocritical in every sense of the word.
>>
>>417993
>Moriori are Maori
no they weren't, they were a pacifist tribe who were systematically genocided by the Maori
> just because native killed each other doesn't make British Colonialism any better

British colonialism is gay as fuck, I despise the BE as a historical entity and I hope the UK is dismantled and balkanised forthwith, but pretending that Europeans are culturally insensitive relative to the rest of the world is fucking stupid.
>>
>>418069
Because its survival of cuntest.
>>
>>418006
Don't Bitch about unchecked immigration of the decreasing White population, anytime a demographic shift occurs don't complain.
>>418013
He is representational and in a way set into motion the treatment of indigenous peoples in the America's. We should not have to recognize colonizers who's intent was our enslavement.

Remove Andrew Jackson as well.
>>418037
Before during and after the establishment the United States government made pacts and treaties with Native groups as Nations. While recognizing the stupidity of your language -that the literal notion of the USA nation-state is Euro- we can all recognize that the united states actively encroached on land not their own and flooded regions with Europeans.

The USA as a landmass was not anyone's but the Indigenous people's, end of story.
>>
>>418074
Moriori are Maori, they were isolated later but it's like saying Hong Kong isn't Chinese.
>>418074
You're also forgetting the fact that Maori only found out about Chatham because the British told them.
>>
He was clearly an asshole as a person (then again by our standards, almost everyone at the time was) but it isn't like the events that transpired over the next 400 something years were solely his fault.

He just stands as a representation of a greater whole (white supremacy vs native eradication) so each interested side either despises him or loves him.
>>
>>418072

Who is denying anything? We're just tired of attempts at guilting from shit videos like this 24/7.
Especially since many of them have a lot venom and hatred for White people as a whole, and not just the individual White People from the past who committed the acts in question.

If you're going to hate or resent me for something that somebody else did 200 years ago why should I give the slightest shit about any of your struggles?
>>
>>418079

>things belong to certain people

fuck off, might is right. Go have a cry you pathetic piece of trash. History doesn't care what "belongs" to what.
>>
>>418079
My ancestors were living in North America for over 400 years. There is not a single member of my family left alive that has even owned property in France. Am I not a native? We didn't all steal everything. The natives gave us most of this land. They didn't need all of it.
>>
>>418097
No you are not, especially when we still have treaties the USA refuses to acknowledge
>>418095
Don't Bitch about migration legal or otherwise nor the death of your people then.
>>
>>418102

>projecting

I haven't said shit about that. I think they're as disgustingly childish as you are.
>>
>Everyone in the world mass murdering each other, law of the jungle.

>Europeans show up and change all that, staining their hands with blood in the process.

>Now everyone is literate and has technology. They look back at recorded atrocities in history with disgust at the perpetrators through the lense of their modern morality

>Forgetting that the only reason that it's so objectionable to modern eyes is because somebody put a stop to it by bringing civilization to these hellholes.
>>
>>418079

>Land is a birthright based upon race

So can I tell all non-whites to leave Europe?
Nations obviously belong to the cultural/religious/ethnic group that is responsible for its existence. But you're a tard if you think you can apply this thinking to literal dirt.
>>
>Talk shit about how might is right
>Western civilizations aren't willing to stand up to protect their countries or heritage from getting rolled over by Islam
>Suddenly might is no longer right and wahhh nothing is fair
>>
>>418111

No one has said that, you're the only one crying here.
>>
>>418061
>WE ARE CONSTANTLY GUILTED INTO APOLOGISING NON STOP

The Government gave a half hearted apology once after decades of controversy that wasn't even supported by the majority of the Australian public who despise Aboriginals.

Also the Stolen Generation was 100% taught as misguided policy when I was in school, this actually turned up in the half hearted apology of "But the people thought they were doing the right thing line in that bullshit speech"
>>
>>418121
Yeah I'm in tears m8
>>
>>418111

Do you actually think Islam is even denting Western Civilisation, like really?

They've become marginally more annoying in recent years and both Europe and America are swinging Right in order to stop them from becoming a serious threat.

Muslims are like 2% of the population here.
>>
>>418123
maybe they'd despise them less if abbos weren't all glue huffing wastes of space :^)
>>
>>418121
Yes we have, but we, the ones saying it, generally oppose migration or accept it in mideration.

Btw economics is the only factor that matters about migration. More people are born every day over deaths than annual spree killing deaths.
>>
>>417726
lmao how butthurt do you have to be to say fuck you to 500 year old dead man?

Why the fuck do they blame Columbus? He didn't even reach North America, we don't even know where landed. The British were the real cunts of the time and most of the actual "genocide" was done by the Americans.
>respect our culture and heritage
>but lmao all white people are the same

Oh and he didn't get lost, why do they take the indignation position when they can't even keep the facts straight?
>>
>>417726
100% Native here, fucking notice how there wasn't a single full blooded Native in the whole video, its not cause there aren't any left or some bullshit its cause none of us give a shit about columbus. Fucking columbus landed on a island full of tainos the island niggers of the native american world, they literally used sun dried sticks for weapons and wore no clothes, the men ran away when columbus first came they deserved the shit situation they got and I don't get how columbus is responsible for the following genocides and acts of people like jackson when all he did was lord over a now extinct population on an island not part of modern america. Not gonna say we should celebrate him but applying todays relative moral standards to a man who kicked off the age of exploration and the interconnected world is majorly retarded.
>>
>>418132
>>418111
no the point is whites should follow might is right again. Its whites saying it from a survival point of view not an outside moral point of view.

mong.
>>
>>418137
Back then the Americans were British.
>>
>>418123

>The Government gave a half hearted apology

That is entirely your opinion. I think free education, free health, free work, pension and allowance is more than half hearted.
>>
>>418079
His intent was finding a route to India.
>>
>>418102
There are certainly treaties for what were called the Indian Territories, loosely translating into the modern US Midwest, between various native tribes and the American government. But relations were different for literally every single group. There has not been a massive bloc of native groups before their territories were encompassed into European-led nationstates.

If you want to talk how specific native bands were screwed over, please, do, but not all were, and every single one was a different case.
>>
>>418106
No. Homelands exist.
>>418108
Sure, I don't care.
>>418138
Of course you're full blooded. Because any person how is actually NDN and political would support BQ.

^stop playing Indian on the internet because an actual native is speaking up and you don't like it
>>
>>418091
>It's not genocide when we do it
>It's the Brits' fault

kek
>>
>>418133
Of course not, but bringing it up will get me replies and temporarily fill a void in my shitty life
>>
>>418155

>No. Homelands exist.

In your delusional mindset of sentimentality. Homelands can change all the time and they have over the course of human history, No one gave you the lands, you don't deserve it and have no rights to it.
>>
>>417939

Getting butthurt over one video.

Can you tell me why native Americans aren't able to speak thier native languages in public then?
>>
File: implying.gif (3MB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
3MB, 186x186px
>>418165
>Anyone can deserve anything
>>
>>418167
because everyone else speaks english.
many natives where I am know their native language though.
>>
>>418147
Okay and in his notes one of the first things he said was how we would make good slaves.

>>418148
So are you going to ignore the Mississippian complexes or the Confederations like the Iroquois?
>>
>>418171

But history tells you that they can and they did it to your pathetic excuse of a race.
>>
>>417774
How can you fight a disease in the 1490's though
>>
>>418173
>Okay and in his notes one of the first things he said was how we would make good slaves.
inb4 le relativism meme

>>418174
>Implying you're replying to who you think you are

And your post made no sense.
>>
>>418072
There's a distinct difference between a war of conquest and a war of colonisation.
>>
>>418167
>aren't able to speak thier native languages in public

I've been hearing those languages in public since i was a kid.

Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>418138
May I ask, what sort of education did you receive in regards to US history? Was it different to mainstream US primary and secondary education?
>>
>>418156
It wasn't race based, the Musket Wars propagated by the British incentives and encouraged violence and enslavement.

It was a battle of different clans trying to defeat others before they themselves were defeated
>>418165
No matter how long you or your descendants will be on this land, you will never be able to be a native. You will always be the descendants of colonialists, you will never truly be of this land.
>>418185
He actively began to enslave the indigenous population and began a long cycle of exploitation, enslavement and torture. He was not neutral and I can care less about your relativism. He set into motion the Western-Indigenous dynamic.
>>
>>418173
The Iroquois Confederation was a British puppet government formed immediately before the French-and-Indian War for the purpose of uniting tribes against France.

The Mississippian complexes were A. wiped out long before European arrival and B. mostly completely depopulated after European-brought diseases ravaged the Americas.
>>
>>418144
I mean after the revolution. Initially, yeah, the colonists were cunts, but the British government tried to be on good terms. When I say American I mean Trail of Tears and Wounded Knee, actual events and massacres rather than "muh obscure disease genocide and brutal slavery." When people think of genocide of the indians, these are the primary events, actions which were deliberate and cruel.
>>
>>418202
Samefag please.
>>
>>418210
The British nearly obliterated the Pequot nation and sent them to Bermuda and the Indies. They were far from decent
>>
>>418175
The same way it was it was done in other parts of the world. for better or for worse.
>>
>>418204
>No matter how long you or your descendants will be on this land, you will never be able to be a native. You will always be the descendants of colonialists, you will never truly be of this land.

Why not though?
>>
>>418208
The Mississippian cultures were around by Cortez so wrong and secondly it's formation was long before British arrival
>>
File: implying.png (36KB, 1884x309px) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
36KB, 1884x309px
>>418211
>
>>
>>418231
You come from colonizers of already occupied land. You can never become a native, you either are or you aren't
>>
>>418239
Cute, you know paint
>>
Whether anyone likes it or not, all this being discussed in this thread has been part of human history for countless centuries.

Do or be done upon.
>>
>>418247
Get ready for a none White Europe then :)

It's happened for all of human existence, accept it.
>>
>>418102

I don't see what's difficult to understand.

White people invaded land that at the time at least partially "belonged" to Native Americans. Native Americans were justified in using force to defend their lands, and were foolish to give it up willingly in the instances that they did.

However, 400 years later, the land belongs to the European invaders just as it once did to the Native Americans. These Europeans are now native citizens of North America. They are now in the position that Natives once were, and just like natives they would be justified in defending their land, by force or otherwise, from immigrants and invaders, should they judge these to pose a threat to their way of life.

Your land is yours as long as you can defend it. If it is taken from you, it belongs to the one who took it unless you can take it back, especially if you spend so long in defeat that the original invaders all die out and the land is now populated by their descendents.
>>
Personally, I feel bad for the Natives. They lost their home and are treated like shit. Still though, they could've put up a harder fight if disease didn't kill 3/4 of them and confederated. Even if disease was a major factor, they could've won through numerical superiority had they united, but the Europeans took the isolated tribes down one by one and played tribes against each other like a damn fiddle.
>>
>>418236
Alternative titles: Five Nations; Iroquois League; Six Iroquois Nations; Six Nations
Iroquois Confederacy, also called Iroquois League, Five Nations, or (from 1722) Six Nations,
Iroquois Confederacy [Credit: Library of Congress, Rare Book Division, Washington, D.C.]confederation of five (later six) Indian tribes across upper New York state that during the 17th and 18th centuries played a strategic role in the struggle between the French and British for mastery of North America. The five Iroquois nations, characterizing themselves as “the people of the longhouse,” were the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, and Seneca. After the Tuscarora joined in 1722, the confederacy became known to the English as the Six Nations and was recognized as such at Albany, New York (1722).

Iroquois leaders [Credit: The Granger Collection, New York]Tradition credits the formation of the confederacy, between 1570 and 1600, to Dekanawidah, born a Huron, who is said to have persuaded Hiawatha, an Onondaga living among Mohawks, to abandon cannibalism and advance “peace, civil authority, righteousness, and the great law” as sanctions for confederation. Cemented mainly by their desire to stand together against invasion, the tribes united in a common council composed of clan and village chiefs; each tribe had one vote, and unanimity was required for decisions. The joint jurisdiction of 50 peace chiefs, known as sachems, embraced all civil affairs at the intertribal level.

- http://www.britannica.com/topic/Iroquois-Confederacy

And, by the time of Cortez, the only active builder culture in the area was that of Natchez, and that area. Hardly "cultures."
>>
>>418091
>they were isolated later but it's like saying Hong Kong isn't Chinese.
more like saying zhuang people aren't han, which is correct.
>>
>>418244
>damage control
>>
>>418255
If the Europeans don't defend themselves in a proper manner, they deserve their fate.
>>
Shouldn't Cortez, Coronado, and other individuals deserve more scorn as oppressors of the native peoples of the Western Hemisphere? Because Columbus wanted to find a route to Asia; it wasn't his intent to decimate the indigenous populations or enslave them.
>>
>>418281
>deserve
Well spooked.
>>
>>418204

>you will always be a colonizer

By that logic, unless you live in the fertile crescent you're a colonizer. And if the definition is so broad, why does it even matter?
>>
SALT COMPILATION 2015 IS WHAT I THINK
>>
>>418226
In other parts of the world where evolution has bred in an immunity.

I live in North American, have European ancestry and was born on this continent. If I went to to Indonesia for example. I'd probably get a sickness there that my body isn't accustomed too.
>>
>>418292
It doesn't. But being a victim is the only way to get ahead in today's world.
>>
>>418292
Pretty much this

Do we give the Celtic tribes that invaded Ireland shit for taking over the joint and displacing (as well as assimilating) the native inhabitants? What about the Germanic invaders whose blood flows in Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Britain, etc.?

Do I think the European colonization of the Americas was horrific? Yes I do. But what do we do about it now? Turn back the clock?
>>
>>418266
>they could've won through numerical superiority

Not really. Europeans could make fort and port defenses which the natives would have no ways of overcoming without suffering horibble casualties to say the least.
>>
>>418255
Except it only happens when one society is superior to the other. When the breaking point comes we have the capacity to kill hundreds of them for every one of us.
>>
>>418267
The Great Peacemaker existed before the British arrived and formed the basis of the confederacy.

Cool using sources that ignore Native People though.
>>418275
Taiwanese are largely Han, even then the people you just mentioned and the Taiwanese Aboriginals are not the same people genetically.
>>
>>418301
And it will be treated in the manner that is deemed correct by the local medical establishment.
>>
>>418308
Horrible casualties indeed, but the sheer numbers would eventually win.
>>
>>418204
>No matter how long you or your descendants will be on this land, you will never be able to be a native. You will always be the descendants of colonialists, you will never truly be of this land.
>>>418185
That's true of literally every land that isn't Africa, then.

You idiot.
>>
>>418204
>your descendants will be on this land, you will never be able to be a native

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

You really are one very special snowflake.
>>
>>418309
They'll always come, you can't stop the flow.
>>418292
You mean Indo Europeans? I certainly believe Basque should be recognized as Natives but most Europeans have atleast some genetic ties to Upper Mesolithic Europeans.
>>
>>418308
This

I've come across Native supremacists who go on and on about the civilization of the Mayans, Incans, Aztecs, etc. and how Western Europeans were filthy barbarians. Don't get me wrong, Machu Picchu and Tenochtitlan are worthy of respect and admiration, but the 15th to 19th centuries was when Europe finally woke up. It was when they finally could assert themselves on the international stage as an intellectual, artistic, economic, and military force since the days of Rome.

I notice that nobody ever gets shit about non-Europeans doing atrocities and conquest. The Vietnamese subjugated the Chams; the inhabitants of what is central Vietnam and tried to destroy their identity as a people. The Turkic Muslims were downright nasty to Hindus in India. West Africans sold other tribes and prisoners of war to Muslim Arabs and Berbers (who were HUGE consumers of slaves) and later Europeans. Why don't they get shit?
>>
Well I think
North/South America are too fuck huge to be ignored forever, someone would come along sometime if Columbus hadn't.
Potentially, Columbus had a map, he wasn't lost he just had no real idea what he would find.
Columbus landed over 500 years ago and is a main cause of the States existing today, who fucking cares if it's celebrated or not, it changes nothing. Even if you were to change the education on Columbus and call him an evil genocidal maniac, Americans will still be ignorant about a great many atrocities committed in the world.

The American government should be focusing on properly educating Americans on more recent/relevant events.
>>
>>418323
No because the Europeans could build them within mutually supporting areas backed by naval supremacy on the coast and inland along riverlines.

Natives aren't into siege warfare.
>>
>>418341
Because ultimately they lost as well. People always pick on the dominant powers and Europeans and the US still hold that place.
>>
>>418331
Who knew Indigeniety was snowflake.

>>418341
That's people of the same race fighting with one another, I don't say because of European fighting it's okay that Muslim's immigrate en masse, so you shouldn't say that about the Americas

How is owning Indigeneity supremacist?
>>
>>418349
So what if the Chinese or Japanese discovered the Americas and colonized the natives? Would they get as much flak or do they get a bye because they're non-whites?
>>
>>418322
Yes, as the last guy said though, this is 1490 and it would have a disease that no one had ever seen before. So going back to your first post, for better or worse. The answer is and was for worse.
>>
>be 40-70% white
>go home to my house built and insulated by white technology
>use the electricity also harnessed by whites to power up my computer invented by whites
>connect to the internet also invented by whites
>use a complex language made up by white people
>all to record a video on a device invented and evolved by whiteys
>gahhh I hate white devils so much reeeeeeeeeee!!!! Fuck fuck fuck!
>>
>>417852
Chink Aussie here. I'm not going to lie in high school everyone laughed when we were forced to watch Rabbit proof fence. I mean even the Indian kids. We are just too removed from what happened desu
>>
>>418315
Zhuang people have nothing to do with native Taiwanese.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuang_people

Native Taiwanese are actually very distantly related to Maoris linguistically.
>>
>>418369
You're using a language and foundation built on middle eastern people, I hope you don't Bitch about them migrating to Europe that would be hypocritical given your viewpoint
>>
>>418341
China has done a lot of destroying of cultures, but they use assimilation rather than annihilation. Most of the time, the Chinese sent soldiers to marry and fuck native women in the conquered areas, and sent Han Chinese people to live there. The result? Mixed children mainly marry Han Chinese, and the culture group in the are becomes a minority or is wiped out all together.

As a Vietnamese guy, I didn't really realize we did China-tier conquest to the Chams until I visited my homeland a month ago. There's only 100000 of them left in Vietnam, but I suppose it was a "us or them" situation. It was us that won because we're superior.

China is still doing their old assimilation trick today; look at Tibet and Xinjiang. Uighurs and Tibetans are becoming minorities in their homelands. Of all the culture destroying/genocide tricks used in history, I think China's assimilation method is the best. It takes the investment of 1-2 generations but it works well and is somewhat peaceful. I sort of wish Vietnam did some more China-tier conquering in Laos and Cambodia...
>>
>>418359
>people of the same race fighting with one another
None of those groups I mentioned belong to the same "race". Chams were Malayo-Polynesian while Viets were Mon-Khmers. Turkic invaders like Mahmud of Ghazni and Timur had different stock compared to the sub-continent's group. Sub-Saharan Africa has multiple groupings of peoples based on their geography (which affects their culture heavily) as well as language, physique, etc.

Having pride in your ancestral accomplishments is one thing, but trying to claim that Europeans were, and I quote, "They were wallowing in their shit while we charted the stars". I don't even have European ancestry and I think that's incredibly retarded.
>>
>>418072
Name some atrocities by white people and then argue your point that they are equivalent to what the Japanese did in ww2.

You made the comparison.
>>
>>418387
>As a Vietnamese guy, I didn't really realize we did China-tier conquest to the Chams until I visited my homeland a month ago. There's only 100000 of them left in Vietnam, but I suppose it was a "us or them" situation. It was us that won because we're superior.
Viets were very good students of the Chinese. You just didn't want to be ruled by them.

>China is still doing their old assimilation trick today
I wonder what the long-term future of the Manchu people will be?
>>
>>418363
>the Chinese
>What if
The Chinese are where Columbus's map came from. And of the ports that Zheng He did open contact with on the coasts of North America and South America they practiced trade and peaceful relations and assimliation, landing in white robes, not armor.

Needless to say, had that continued they could've slaughtered them all one day anyway.

And to answer your question, in modern times if China had colonized North America in the same fashion as Europeans I don't think some silly social issue would even be a problem without America existing. Even if it was, China wouldn't put up with that non sense
>>
>>418372
Most of Taiwan is Han not Zhuang

Moriori are Maori who were separated only a couple hundred years of less.

I'm not a proponent of the Taiwanese austronesian homeland theory, genetically it doesn't hold much water neither does it agriculturally or archaeologically.

Oppenheimer is more what I align with
>>418390
Are Basque White? By all accounts yes.

So linguistic groups do not negate race relation
>>
>>418186
Apples and oranges. It's semantics and the only reason why Europeans get a pass is because they did it centuries ago before society became liberalized.
>>
>>417726
This is supposed to make me cross, right; then we all have a stresswank together while hammering out angry self-congratulatory posts about liberals and SJWs?
>>
>>418369
>jews
>white
>>
>>418396
In his defense, this thread is literally about white atrocities.

To add to it, colonization, imperialism and firebombing Japanese civilians to get specific.
>>
>>417769
Resist your urge to rape and plunder you imperialist bastard.
>>
>>418396
Not the anon you're responding to, but there were quite a bit of massacres over the years. The indigenous peoples of the Americas were also enslaved until Africans were imported.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_massacre

Also, in the Age of Imperialism during the 19th century, European colonists masterminded stuff like the Rape of the Congo where children's hands were chopped if the quota of rubber and ivory weren't met. Or all the famines in India caused by greedy and/or short-sighted British officials.
>>
>>418387
Not true. Uighur populations have increased tons under Han rule. Muslims don't assimilate well.
>>
>>417726
Are there still people that think Columbus wasn't as close to objectively evil as possible, the guy that sold 5 year olds into sex slavery, in addition to being a drunk and a genocidal maniac?
>>
>>418398
Technically they've already assimilated when they formed Qing. Even before them, Manchu tribes were united, left behind nomad life and began settling down.
>>
>>417741
Moron.
>>
>>418403
>Most of Taiwan is Han not Zhuang
Practically none of Taiwan is Zhuang because Zhuangs are from Guangxhi province, not Taiwan. I don't know where you got Taiwan from in the first place, although I don't buy Taiwan as the Austronesian Urheimat either. The native Taiwanese languages are still Austronesian however.

Maoris and Morioris came from the same roots, yes but I don't see your point. Would Italians be justified killing Spaniards because "They're just meme Italians anyways".

It seems like you're trying to say genocides and other ethnically charged crimes aren't as bad if they're within the same race which is retarded because modern concepts of race were invented by Europeans during the colonial period. It would be pretty self-contradictory for you to blame Euros for using this system while using it yourself.
>>
>>418375
>middle eastern people
>not white

Dark skinned Arab semites are not the middle eastern people you mean.

>>418412
Ashkenazis literally are, and they're responsible for most Jewish contributions to mankind. They're also not the dark skinned semitic people you want to pretend they are.

Caucasoid humans make up the people of the middle east, Europe, and its diaspora. "White" doesn't mean the whitest humans, its everything from northern Europe to the Mediterranean to Iran to Russia, north America and Australia, excluding semites (any middle easterner with Arab admixture included) and gypsies because they're evil and lose their white status.

Btw they spread to all those regions because they were meant to dominate the planet, due to being the highest evolved species on it.
>>
>>417852
>I'm of Maori heritage
>I live in Australia
Isn't the second statement naturally assumed? Bit of a tautology.
>>
>>418468
No because Maori are cunts from New Zealand
>>
>>418468
>Isn't the second statement naturally assumed? Bit of a tautology.
I'm not sure if you're retarded or if this is some subtle banter
>>
>>418452
Maori and Moriori literally diverged in a couple centuries with no desperate genetic or linguistic base. It's not accurate to state that they are as different as Italians and Spaniards especially given the diversity within each of those groups.

I'm stating that the colonial era differs from other events because race was a primary reason for our slaughter, enslavement and dispossession.

When France and England fought or Russia and France fought their was no racial supremacy spoken of that was an over arching theme.

We weren't conquering each other because we believed we were racially imbued with a supremacy that allowed it.

Thus the dynamic of precolonial and post colonial worlds are not the same and should not be seen as such.

Also I believe eastern Near Ocean is the urheimat of Austronesian languages and the Oceanic expansion via Lapita.
>>
>>418474
And New Zealand is an Australian state, that's what he meant
>>
>>418474
>from New Zealand
keyword from
>>
>>418478
But they spoke a different language and had different customs from the Maori, both of which were actively suppressed by the invaders. Also would the Maori had even known that the Moriori were just a Maori offshot at the time anyway?
>>
>>418488
Their language drifted slightly and their culture shifted because they abandoned agriculture and had fewer resources. That doesn't make them all that different, again it took place within the span of a couple hundred years.
>>
>>418477
>some subtle banter
Bingo, although I didn't think it was that subtle. About a fifth of all Maori live in Australia.
>>
>>418502
So genocide is ok when the victims differ only slightly from the perpetrators? Cool.
>>
>>418478
>I'm stating that the colonial era differs from other events because race was a primary reason for our slaughter, enslavement and dispossession.
I think the primary reasons were trade, land and power. Same as ever.
>When France and England fought or Russia and France fought their was no racial supremacy spoken of that was an over arching theme.
I'm from Ireland and as we were colonised we went through the a few stages of supramecist justifications. First it was religion, then savagery and finally racial inferiority. These justifications coincide with different stages in Europe's development. There's nothing special about racism as a justification for conquest, theft and murder, it's just one of many that people were willing to buy.
>We weren't conquering each other because we believed we were racially imbued with a supremacy that allowed it.
No you were conquering each other for some equally retarded reason.

I don't get your point at all. Saying that European crimes are worse because they used European justifications is inane.
>>
>>417726
well, when you get Jim Colossimo to make the Anti-Defamation League and start holidays, you can't really say "those are the foundations of MUH MURICA".

Italians never faced big discrimination in the U.S. As an immigrant wave they got relatively late there and maaaaaaaaybe besides sicelians, they looked and were accepted as whites.
Everything else is mafia propaganda. The mid-20th century equivalent of the Hells Angels claiming they are "just rebellious against society"

The beautiful natives just tell the truth.
>>
>>418579
>
Topkek.
>>
>>418288
Read the thread. Columbus did become a governor and his reign was so much more horrible than the average Conquistador's that he was actually imprisoned for it.

Columbus was actually considered a horrible person, even for people of his own time.
>>
File: eat poopoo.jpg (147KB, 537x560px) Image search: [Google]
eat poopoo.jpg
147KB, 537x560px
>>417726
>all of the ass-devastated pig-skins in this thread saying "hur shouldn't they complain about [other person]??"
Did you fucks miss that the video was specifically about Columbus?
>"b-b-but they aren't tainos so they shouldn't criticize him for being a genocidal sex-trafficker!"
>>
>>418585
nice debunking
>>
File: miles.jpg (8KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
miles.jpg
8KB, 225x169px
Threadly reminder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f82d7-SVzCw
>>
>>418611
Nah, i just appreciate nice satire and sarcasm.
>>
>>418619
my post was neither satirical nor sarcastic.
I find the girls beautiful
I don't believe the Italians faced discrimination in America
Jim Colosimo, a founding figure in the american mafia, started the Anti-Defamation League
If I 'm not mistaken, they were also behind the beginings of the Columbus Day celebration, but that I don't know

just to be clear.
>>
>>418632
>I don't believe the Italians faced discrimination in America

I'm almost falling down laughing at this and i'm not even italian.
>>
>>418636
were you alive during the 1890's?
>>
>>418533
The Musket Wars was a arms race fueled by British officials, to ignore the other clans destroyed that were like Moriori southern Maori derived is trying to ignore context.
>>418560
Ireland and the Americas are apples and oranges. Do your people still exist as the majority voting and leading population, do you still own your land, do you still have say when working with other nation states?

The racial inferiority placed of Irish is directly aligned with the racialized notions placed on indigenous and black people. Yet it's basis is not in that, as you said yourself it was long standing.
>>
File: DABIRI-1.jpg (122KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
DABIRI-1.jpg
122KB, 1024x683px
>>418455
>jews
>well jews were caucasoid so anyone else who is caucasoid deserves credit too
>honorary white
So even if a non-white uses "white technology" to create something, anything they create is still technically a white creation? I guess by that logic that person is white. In fact any non-white who doesn't act a stereotype is technically white
>>
>>418643
Get your head out of your ass, ok? You live in places like NYC, Boston, Chicago, etc, shit that went on 100 + years ago are regularly bought up in conversation. Italians caught hell just like virtually every other immigrant group did during that period.
>>
>>418671
Not him but it really was mostly Sicilians getting the brunt of the hate, even other Italians actively discriminated against them.
>>
>>417852
That's all just banter
>>
>>418679
To be more specific it was southern Italians catching most of the heat. Those from say. the Piedmont or Lombardy were much more readily accepted than those from south of Rome.
>>
>>418671
>shit that went on 100 + years ago are regularly bought up in conversation

see, you can't read history through your feelings dude. If you were calm you would have understood this part in my post right here
>>418579
>equivalent of the Hells Angels claiming they are "just rebellious against society"
>>
>>418468
not for long. malcom turnbull is shipping all those fucking criminals back here to nz. let them rot on christmas island I say
>>
So instead of rising up why do casino nigs just drink and drink? They're not really being held down by anyone but themselves, and they're certainly not prospering on the FREE LAND they're given even with as many benefits as they have.
>>
>>418671
>Italians caught hell just like virtually every other immigrant group

yeah, I remember reading about all those terrible lynchings of the italians and the irish in Madison Square Garden
>>
File: ex_moha.jpg (52KB, 596x849px) Image search: [Google]
ex_moha.jpg
52KB, 596x849px
>>418739
they did, many times
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with taking land from other people if they can't properly defend it. No people has an innate right to any piece of land.
>>
>>418740
Are you that ignorant of history or you just trolling?
>>
>>418748
No, I just understand history in its full context unlike you.
>>
>>418727
Sorry kid.

You lost.
>>
>>418751
So you believe Irish and Italians were never discriminated against or lynched?
>>
>>418740
Are you that dense or is this all a ruse
>>
>>418658
>Do your people still exist as the majority voting and leading population, do you still own your land, do you still have say when working with other nation states?
As of 1921 we control 4/5 of our country. We are not the only former British colony to gain independence and retain a majority so we're not unique in that sense. Native Americans are in a pretty shit position but it is not a unique one. Assyrians, Yezidis, Zoroastrians, Khoi San, Ainu, Kalash, Manchurians, the list goes on. Countless ethnicities have been lost or marginalised through conquest over the years. Every one is a tragedy and the colonial era isn't much different.
> Yet it's basis is not in that, as you said yourself it was long standing.
Before notions of racial inferiority the justifications used were spreading the word of god and civilising a savage culture. Same as in Ireland. These respective arguments were used because that was what people would swallow. Nowadays such justifications aren't palatable so people use other ones, like "devil worship" in the case of Yezidis, or sedition and religious hatred in the case of the Rohingya.
>>
File: Miyagi son....jpg (6KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
Miyagi son....jpg
6KB, 292x173px
>>418757
>>418762

wow, those poor italians and polish and irish, man, how did they survive the concentration camps in California?
Man, I wish Scorcese could make another movie about the Gangs of New York to show us how hard life was for the irish
>>
>>417726
The fought and lost and so they lost their land. That's how the world has always worked. You don't see modern celts getting pissy about the roman empire conquering Gaul and shit like that. Get over it geez
>>
>>418769
>They weren't oppressed as badly as other groups so that means they weren't oppressed at all!
>>
>>418769
They survived and prospered by doggedness and perseverance. If you can't do the same, tough luck.
>>
>>418781
>If you can't do the same, tough luck.

okkily dokkily! haaaa-yuk!
>>
>>418776
the level of oppression of the irish, polish, italians (those who weren't enslaved by the mafia) at the turn of the 20th century was "industrial worker".
>>
I understand minority groups have issues, but does it not seem like we are living in a time of historical revisionism so that every group can spin history so that they were special/taken advantage/didn't deserve whatever, just so they can re-create an "identity" and save face?

We are talking about someone literally alive in the 1400's here.

How the fuck is it even possible to be butthurt over shit that happened 400 years ago in your "groups" past.

I'm 1/2 polish, can I be ass devastated over the wars with the teutonic order and the turkish and tatar wars?
>>
>>418816
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>>
>>418802
What an awesome retort.
I wish I had your debate skills.
You truly outplayed that anon with your witty and intelligent reply to his ignorant and vague points.
>>
>>418817
600*~

MB
>>
>>418817
Easy to be a "victim" these days and blame someone or something for one's shortcomings.
>>
>>418617
why limit yourself to the Oglala?
Why aren't you telling the story of the human sacrifices that were central to the mayan mythos? Or what the fate of their prisoners was?
The condition remains: the whites are the conquerors. And the conquered are by definition a lower social class. And genocide has been commited. To say that everybody else would have done the same is a moot point: history is not written by "if".

>>418817
>we are living in a time of historical revisionism so that every group can spin history so that they were special/taken advantage/didn't deserve whatever, just so they can re-create an "identity" and save face?

this is /his/. Historical revisionism is what your kind thrives in. The struggles of the natives have been well documented.

>>418820
damn right I did.
>>
>>418843
Who is this autist and who let him have a computer
>>
>>418843
have fun with your mouthwash habit chief firewater.
>>
>>418739
In Canada they get a really bum deal. They have whole layers of bureaucracy to do anything economic that nobody else has to deal with, and the Federal Government is the defacto "steward" of the land they live on, meaning the government can just say "Hey, so, we found a tin vein the Chinese want to mine, so you've gotta go". It's way better now, but this was relatively common a few decades ago.
>>
>>418843
>this is /his/. Historical revisionism is what your kind thrives in. The struggles of the natives have been well documented.

but their struggle is not special. My polish grandmother was in an actual death camp so stfu.

polish people who came to NA were "white niggers" and are still looked down on and there are old polish communities.

How much would you cringe if a bunch of poles made a video about I'm a HUSSAR #NOTJUSTYOURPLUMBER
>>
I'm of German descent and I want steppe people to apologize for pushing my people out of their lands a buttfuck long time ago
>>
>>418850

Topkek
>>
>>418860

are you aware of the notion of "integration"?

>>418846
>>418850

nice arguments.
>>
>>418843
You lost.

Simple as that.
>>
>>418870
Please stop arguing you've already made a fool of yourself
>>
>>418862
Yeah I'm "German" but in reality I identify with the Salian dynasty #notyourkraut

My ancestors didn't consent to german unification, we were a diverse people.
>>
>>418880
no, it's people who respond with memes that slap each others hands that are making a fool of themselves seeing as I 'm the only one counterarguing stereotypes.
So, sorry for your inconvenience, but I won't stop.
>>
>>418870
"integration" is actual genocide.
So in that sense "white" cultures have been more destroyed historically.

Notice all the white people who are digging into pagan shit now are instantly labeled racist by association.
>>
>>418882
#FUCK BISMARCK

(jk i'm sorry Bismarck baby ily)
>>
>>417852
ABC is cucked as fuck these days.

Our PM literally apologised for the stolen gen, but you shitskin crybabies cunts wont stop going on about it so it cant be helped.

If you dont like it why not fuck off?
>>
>>418884
My people were slaves for a few hundred years. Should i apply for special victim status like yours?
>>
>>418886
>"integration" is actual genocide

only in your head
there is a definition. You were able to integrate, whereas people of asian, native or african descent will always carry their birth characteristics as signs of an enslaved and marginalised past.
>>
>>418895
Holy shit this is comedy gold.
>>
>>418893
I guess you are black? If so, ask the same question to the people who fought within the ranks of the BPP back then.

If you are a chicano, then go ask the brown berres

>>418899
holy shit, you have no arguments whatsoever.
>>
>>418880
>>418875
>>418865
>>418862
fuck off you mongoloids, I've been arguing with him this whole thread, he's a good poster.
>>
>>418895
>implying you can't spot a pole.
>implying Asians aren't integrated
>implying shit that happened 600 years ago actually effects you
>>
>>418843
Just stop, anon. You're trying to make excuses for genocides, that in and of itself is stupid. Please just go relax, have a drink. Try posting again another time.
>>
>>418918
>trying to make excuses for genocides

you should work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>418443
Ikr? They used flint too.
>>
>>418907
You seriously think i "carry characteristics of an enslaved and marginal past? and so due to that i'm some sort of lower kind of citizen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5QAHzu_kAc
>>
ITT: butthurt Indians and SJW frothing.

The only right to land anyone has is their ability to defend/hold it.
>>
>>418953
it's you who said your people were slaves for a couple hundred years. I assume you read the OP and the conversation that came before your post.

>>418962
So why did you "aid" South Vietnam?
Or are you talking as someone who is siding with the conquerors?
>>
sometimes the gain of one civilization comes at the expense of another

the world has always worked like that, no sense in being buttmad over what you can't change

you don't see modern europeans crying about the roman empire or napoleon's france anymore
>>
>>418977
>you don't see modern europeans crying about the roman empire or napoleon's france anymore

yes you do. all the neonazi party claim a romanticised past

>no sense in being buttmad over what you can't change

what determines that it can't be changed? Do you realise there are still reservations? Things that happened affect us today, you are practically eliminating the existence of history. Did you check to see which board you are in?5039
>>
>>417893
2/10

Troll or not, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>418976
They were slaves. So what?

That doesn't mean anything in the lives of my folks anymore. God knows how many different groups of people have been enslaved throughout the centuries.
>>
>>418990
What do you propose? Deporting 200 million white Americans to Europe? 40 million black Americans to Africa? 50 million Latinos back to Mesoamerica or Spain depending on their genetics? Reorganizing land and relocating tens of millions of people in every state to make space for tens of thousands? There's no changing the past, the US is built on top of the ashes of a bunch of native cultures who are now a small minority and that's just the way it is. The only thing we can do is offer them a place in the society we have now, which we already do, or let them live isolated from the rest of us on the reservations with what's left of their own people, which we do. There's no un-conquering America or un-killing the dead.
>>
>>419001
I disagree, but I will only say that the original argument to which you posted was about the birth characteristics that one carries as a sign of a marginalised past. If you are black, does that not mean that your ancestors were slaves? The same applies to a native person and an asian person: marginalisation and forced severance from their culture (e.g. obligatory use of english, cutting of the traditional ponytail for the chinese etc.).
>>
>>419013
correct, history is always in motion, you can't change the past. But the future?
>>
>>419015
Once again...So what?

What about a Frenchman who's ancestor was enslaved by Moorish raiders. or a Greek whose ancestors were enslaved by the Ottomans? For just two examples.
>>
Why do American minorities seem to have a hateboner for less fortunate European populations? Is it because it goes against their narrative of white privilege or whatever?
>>
>>419043
I don't think they make any such distinctions. To them, white is white.
>>
>>419042
>a Frenchman who's ancestor was enslaved by Moorish raiders. or a Greek whose ancestors were enslaved by the Ottomans?

both now have their own states. the state that dealt in the slave trade still exists with the contemporary descendants still a part of it. And then there's Liberia.
>>
Should the mongols pay for all the crimes against humanity they did in the middle ages?

Should the turks give back all the land they conquered from the greeks?

Should the latins give back the lands they conquered too?
>>
>>419048
I want some reparations from the Danes for fucking up my ancestors in Britain.
>>
>>419048
the natives should give back the land to the megafauna t b h
>>
>>419048
>Should the mongols pay for all the crimes against humanity they did in the middle ages?

they are in a way, Have you checked the state of Mongolia recently?

>Should the turks give back all the land they conquered from the greeks?

greeks would shout YES! and Greece is a state on lands formerly part of the Ottoman Empire.

>Should the latins give back the lands they conquered too?

last time I checked, the Roman Empire stopped existing.
>>
People here needs to read about Francisco de Vitoria Just Titles, Bartolome de las Casas, the New Laws of 1542, the Valladolid debate, Francisco Suarez, etc etc

Also read about the Dukes of Moctezuma de Tultengo and the Counts of Miraflores.

You all have no fucking idea about colonial latin america.
>>
>>419045
Correct. They rarely make distinctions.
>>
File: A000165-02.jpg (92KB, 512x489px) Image search: [Google]
A000165-02.jpg
92KB, 512x489px
Anyone vaguely familiar with the spanish rule in the americas would realize that all the major native revolts were in the 1700's more than 200 years after the conquest.

Tupac Amaru, the Guarani War, they were all in the mid 1700 against the reforms the Bourbon kings started implementing after the War of Spanish Succession.

The Habsburg rule was extremely benevolent with the natives as anyone can see in the New Laws of 1542 or the Recopilation of 1680, it was the french that fucked up everything like they turned into a shithole everywhere they touched.
>>
>>417863
Haha haha well played anon
>>
>>417863
Topkek
>>
Columbus WAS an asshole. His sons, too. I mean you have to be some kind of mega-asshole in order to inspire disgust in a bunch of xenophobic imperialist monarchs and holier-than-thou churchmen, but that's what they did. Their contemporaries in the colonies they founded and oversaw deplored them and they were eventually dismissed in disgrace by the crown for excessive dickbagness.

If even your royal overlord, bent on conquest and expansion, thinks you're being too big a prick, you might just be a giant prick.
>>
>>419371
This.
>>
>>419371

as an addendum to this, it's useful to think about the kind of person who is willing to risk his life and fortunes on an insane trans-atlantic voyage into the unknown. This is not the sort of work that attracts benevolent administrators or enlightened consensus-builders. It is a job for adventurous rogues, men who would have been pirates in another life, who were trying to aggrandize and enrich themselves. They did not go to broaden humanities horizon's or even to spread Christianity and the Spanish way of life.

So it's no great surprise that they turned out to be scoundrels.
>>
I had a native american teacher in a literature class once who went on a big tirade of how Columbus started everything that's bad and the land was ruined.

I muttered "well if you didn't want this to happen then you shouldn't have lost the wars", not thinking she could hear me.

She basically said something like, "how would you like it if YOUR homeland was taken and every time you tried fight back, you lost?" and I said, "but it didn't, we won. I don't have to care about a hypothetical scenario when history made us the victors."

I didn't get kicked out of the class, but the college gave me shit for my remarks.
>>
File: 402.jpg (58KB, 500x675px) Image search: [Google]
402.jpg
58KB, 500x675px
>>
>>419404
Wow everyone, take a look at this badass over here!!! Yikes, glad they didn't kick you out of that college, bro. That's a real radical way to ring in freshman year dude, totally cowabunga
>>
>>419404
Haha, hella epic bro!
>>
File: 524290.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
524290.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>>417726
aroused. so many cuties...
also, 1:55 is that a gay indian? are those a thing?
still, i learned a lot today; since i didn't knew columbus was a rapist dumb as a brick that found america while searching for a place dump dead bodies of babies and elderly people and since he was pretty much evil encarnate he decided to kill millions with his bare hands once he set foot ashore.
thanks for opening my eyes /pol/tube
>>
>>419371
This. Exactly. Was Columbus an asshole?
Yes
Did he set the gold standard for tropical juntas for the next 500 years?
For sure.
Was he "evil, pure evil"?
No, you'd have to be on drugs to think that.
>>
File: Q0FQhnB.jpg (61KB, 722x480px) Image search: [Google]
Q0FQhnB.jpg
61KB, 722x480px
>>419404
>>
>>419407

Yeah those Vikings were known for their benevolence and tolerance

He was just ahead of his time. No way to support the conquest. If they could have managed it, they would have.
>>
File: thisiswhattheybelievehere.jpg (12KB, 412x295px) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhattheybelievehere.jpg
12KB, 412x295px
>>419371
He only started being beastly after returning on his 2nd voyage to discover the men he had to leave behind after a ship was wrecked had been slaughtered and the tribe he had befriended had been driven away.

All these red indians feigning shock and horror when what he did was little different from what the Aztecs did to the Tlaxcalans or the Cherokee to the Shawnee. When are we going to get an apology for them not bing more cooperative and more swiftly civilizing the Americas bringing peace and prosperity?

That is what really matters. They seem to care more about memes than actual poverty on the reservations.
>>
>>418072
It is all the Chinese and Chinkaboos who infest /his/ who give Japan shit for its atrocities. Most whites tend to gloss over Jap war crimes.
>>
>>419412
He sure as hell got over on her though.

They lost. End of.
>>
>>419461
Got over what?
>>
>>418860
I have to think that being white matters. People can tell you're native and will treat you differently.

People won't tell you're polish until they see an -ski in your name or watch you plow through a plate of pierogis watching a bears game.
>>
>>417726
To be fair it's easy to hate him, he was literally a psychopath
>>
>>419433
Oh I don't care about that, just tired of peeps jumping all over Columbus's dick for "discovering" something that was already found by norsemen
>>
>>419485
Read the exchange once again.
>>
If muslims took the Americas, genocides wouldn't have happened.They would ve been conquered and converted. They would later call themselves arabs like berbers,levantines and egyptian do.
>>
>>419522
Well, they didn't talk about it and spread the news around all of Europe, so in general Columbus is the one considered to discover America, since he spread the word, if you ask me.
Much like how you might have found a way to cure cancer but if you just keep it to yourself and don't spread the word you'll won't be considered the "first" to discover it once someone else might find it out as well and spread it.
>>
Read Ayn Rand, she's basically a redpilled genius. Basically it's okay to conquer and genocide Native American because it's their fault they lost.
>>
>>417821
No man should suffer from a women calling his family "common". She was lucky she only got that punishment.
>>
File: aynrandnativeamericans.png (201KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
aynrandnativeamericans.png
201KB, 500x260px
>>419595
no, she was dispelling the myth that the native americans lived in a utopia at one with nature, ironically a myth created by western romanticists whom the left believe are all unilaterally racist imperialist pig dogs, but anyway, the truth is their democracy didn't extend as far down the ranks as athenian democracy, chieftains and their thugs could hold slaves, kill anyone outside their clan with impunity, inflict punishments for personal slights like chopping off women's noses

Columbus was a cunt but by far not the only cunt in the world, when you pretend Columbus, the nazis or any other boogeyman are the sole source of evil, you ignore evil on your doorstep.

If more people listened to Ayn Rand the world would be a better place.

Literally anyone who disagrees with this is an idiot who ignores the evil at their doorstep as I have just proven.
>>
>>419637
Athenian Democracy was fairly shit. Part of the reason why democracy was never picked up until much later.

What are you arguing anyway? Your post is an odd mix of strawmen and bogeymen, yet you seem to be arguing against them?

And why are you bringing up things that Indians tribes did, when Athens, who I'm assuming is your counterexample, would genocide whole islands and sell the women and children into slavery?

And who's pretending that Columbus etc are the sole source of evil? And what his this evil fella on the doorstep you speak of?

And why would listening to Rand improve everything?

You really need to razor down your arguments, rather than chucking on all this fluff.
>>
>>419556
What, like how the islamic conquest of india wasn't possibly the largest act of genocide in history? (with estimates ranging from 80 million to 400 million over the span of approximately 500 years)
>>
>>419673
you said "it's okay to conquer and genocide Native Americans"

Ayn Rand never advocated genocide, ideally she would want them to assimilate and enjoy happy lives as productive citizens.
>>
>>418341

Because none of those civilizations went far beyond their immediate borders to conquer and exploit peoples utterly and completely alien to them and then proceed to impose alien customs and ideas upon the conquered and treat them like second class citizens in their own home.

It's one thing to have a row with the neighbors that's perfectly normal, it's another thing for complete random strangers from the other side of the world to shoot up the neighborhood, take everyone's property and kick them out into the streets.
>>
>>419637
>but anyway, the truth is their democracy didn't extend as far down the ranks as athenian democracy
Except for the fact that every adult that wasn't a slave (which is itself thought to have been a transitory stage between capture and adoption by the tribe)
> chieftains and their thugs could hold slaves
hey you wanna talk about slaves
wanna guess who had more
that aside, greek slavery was a much more difficult thing to leave than aboriginal slavery.

>kill anyone outside their clan with impunity
what else is war?
>>
>>417993
The difference is that Native Americans, Aboriginal Australians and Maori fought and lost fairly and square. Woe to the vanquished. Europeans are not even allowed to fight.
>>
>>419731
most the the aboriginals of north america were pretty depopulated after initial contact, by the time the europeans were properly colonizing only around 80% of the the population was left.
Some tribes prob wouldn't have lasted long, but it's interesting to speculate as to how well the smarter tribes would have fared with their pre-contact numbers.
>>
>>419101
They should also note that the main genocides perpretated against natives happened after the independence of Latin American countries. The criollo elite wanted more land, and turned against traditional indigenous communities that actually fought for Spain during the wars of independence, because Spain guaranteed their autonomy.

Tlaxcala, the city that helped Cortéz conquer the Aztec Empire, kept it's autonomy and privileges until independence and they also helped Spain colonize and settle the rest of Mexico. Most natives who claim an Aztec heritage are actually descended from people who helped Spain defeat the Aztecs.
>>
File: genghis-khan-statue-ub-sm.jpg (51KB, 525x460px) Image search: [Google]
genghis-khan-statue-ub-sm.jpg
51KB, 525x460px
>>419371
It's curious how white people are the only ones who care about the personality of people who helped them expand, and even denounce those that do not fit an acceptable mold.

Hellenistic Greeks didn't care that Alexander was an asshole, they just loved him for expanding Greek civilization into Asia. And of course, Mongols still love Genghis Khan and build statues to him, and I've never seen Iranians complaining about the lack of cultural sensitivity in that.

It's almost as if there is a political interest group instrumentalizing history to bash white identity.
>>
>>418843

This guy just BTFO all the /pol/tards
>>
>>418079
>The USA as a landmass was not anyone's but the Indigenous people's
You can either believe the US belongs to a race or believe that people should be treated as individuals, you can't have both.

The internet allows people to say what they really think without repercussions for being full of shit, I see a lot of white /pol/tards on 4chan but clearly there are vastly more white liberal cûcks on reddit and elsewhere, whereas I rarely hear anyone speaking out against affirmative action, diversity in the workplace or saying "well, actually it is irrational to believe that a genetic code entitles you to a plot of the surface of the earth".

Obviously there is something inherent about white men that made them willingly put on the chastity cage whereas comparatively wealthy east asians, slavs and latins would never do such a thing.
>>
>>419756
Because you mentioned very ancient butthurts? Furthermore "resolved" ones? Mongs were bad, but people eventually overthrew them and ground them to the dirt for good measure.

Hell, nowadays it is the Mongol's turn to be butthurt about it.
>>
File: malon.jpg (238KB, 1353x1024px) Image search: [Google]
malon.jpg
238KB, 1353x1024px
>>419744
And yet they still kept dominance over many parts of the continent. The Comanche, for example, held actual empire over Northern Mexico and the American Southwest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comanche%E2%80%93Mexico_Wars

>The Legislature of Chihuahua described the situation it faced in 1846. “We travel the roads…at their [i.e. the Comanches and Apaches] whim; we cultivate the land where they wish and in the amount they wish; we use sparingly things they have left to us until the moment that it strikes their appetite to take them for themselves.”[25] The Comanche raids deep into Mexico created fear that the Comanche soon might even be seen "on the streets of Mexico City."[26] Traveler Josiah Gregg said that “the whole country from New Mexico to the borders of Durango is almost entirely depopulated. The haciendas and ranchos have been mostly abandoned, and the people chiefly confined to the towns and cities.”

There were also the "Aimoré" in Brazil and the "Mapuche" of Southern Chile and Argentina, who also resisted conquest and constantly raided white settlements, getting money and women in the process. Such people were only conquered in the late XIXth century, when advanced weapon technology brought much of the world under European dominion.
>>
>>419766
The reason why Native American butthurt isn't resolved is because political activists such as communist intellectuals keep promoting it for the purpose of enlisting indigenous peoples in the cause of global revolution.
>>
>>419756

Shit examples because you're comparing apples and oranges. Both Alexander and Genghis acted within the scope of what's expected of the roles and the titles they held, as king and khan, respectively.
>>
>>419773
Exactly. Instead of meeting the same fate as the rest, the ones good at fighting would have continued to exist as nations with their pre-contact numbers.
>>
File: aa.jpg (309KB, 1366x610px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
309KB, 1366x610px
>>418843
>whites are the conquerors
If you want to push white exceptionalism, consider that whites were conquerors due to their technology and ingenuity and over the past century whites implemented universal democracy, civil rights, even started discriminating against themselves. Now, even with all this, with whites willingly giving up power to minorities to an extent never seen before by any historically dominant group you are frothing at the mouth for vengeance proving that you never cared about equality at all and the Klan was right about you.

>>419761
>I don't understand why I am wrong or why people are arguing against me therefore they are just BTFO
this meme again
>>
>>419726
>wanna guess who had more
Slavery was abolished in northern states.

This I think clearly indicates that the middle classes in the northern cities were objectively more morally inclined than native american chiefs and their warriors.

Yes, this is a "bold" statement, and I'm sure it triggers many people, but what is the point of history if we're not going to take an honest look at how things like slavery ended?
>>
File: spanish success breeds jealousy.png (272KB, 817x669px) Image search: [Google]
spanish success breeds jealousy.png
272KB, 817x669px
>>417726
>natives this booty blasted
>>
>>419818
>Slavery was abolished in northern states.
wow, swing and a miss
dude mentions athenian democracy as being totally more democratic and you go off about the northern states
>>
File: fatality_rates.jpg (51KB, 450x422px) Image search: [Google]
fatality_rates.jpg
51KB, 450x422px
>>
>>419798

This is what happens when you learn everything about race relation from /pol/

Civil Rights happened because of the growing unrest and violence amongst minority groups in the country targeted at the majority, which scared White America shitless. Minorities were given "rights" on paper to placate them and dissipate the violence; minor power was exchanged so greater power could be maintained, it was never done out of any kind benevolence.

> with whites willingly giving up power to minorities to an extent never seen before by any historically dominant group

Keep believing this bullshit. The only people who actually think this is happening are the ones in the bottom of the white hierarchy, who were told that because they were white they would be on top yet are forced to compete with immigrants to push carts at the grocery store. So they get bitter and angry because the narrative about the inherent superiority of being white doesn't apply to them and then they bitch and moan about being marginalized just like what you're doing now.
>>
>>417993

I worry because I find their ideology backwards and injust. If the Muslims were tolerant, ruling their subjects justly and gently I would welcome them.

This is my problem with anticolonialism. For being so progressive, it is rooted in ethnic nationalism.

From my perspective, colonialism was wrong because the West treated their subjects as inferiors as was the tradition all over the world. But unlike the empires of old, the European empires modernized, started treating their subjects more equally and providing them opportunities they never would have got in their old societies.

So there is a case in favour of colonialism as well.

Also, we should not to easily equalize exploitation inherent in capitalism with racial oppression. It is sad that native cultures were destroyed because of modernism but the exact same thing happened to the European working class. 90% of the cases the black man was forced to work in plantations or haul rubber the same way the European teenager was forced to work in the mines.
>>
>>419831

Tribal wars were rare however.
>>
>>419831
>Tribal war between cunts 50 to a hundred strong
>1 person dies
>Ridiculous war fatality rates of far more worse destruction than 20th Century Total Warfare guys.

This is fucking retarded m8.
>>
>>419866
it's as percentage of populations
when they tribes are as small as they are, a couple here and there is a lot. Meanwhile, industrialized nations can lose millions while only really losing like 10% of the population.
>>
>>419902

Tribal wars, if they happened, were extremely bloody though because everything was at stake. Woman and children were valid targets, terror was the desired result.

The courtesies of war are a modern phenomenon which is only possible because the state is a more vague, distant concept. In a primitive society one fought for the tribe, which was the whole world to you.

The comparison is non sensical. Modern warfare is death on an industrial scale; primitive warfare rare flashes of terror.
>>
>>417726
I think they had pretty fair responses all considered.
>>
>>419918
Except modern warfare not only wrecks the nations involved but fucks up the whole global systems in place.

Meanwhile tribal infighting doesn't even harm anyone else other than involved parties.
>>
>>417726
I'm porud of our ancestors and herretage.
>>
>>417852
> stolen generation
> not ment to help people

Because taking kids from shotholes, putting them into affluent white families with the intention that they become members of society, take white husbands/ wives, and send their cildren to white schools untill their family line is indistinguishable from british whites, is soooo much worse than living in shitholes, sleeping on roads and getting wasted off petrol.
>>
>>419678
I should have said arab muslims ,mongols were a bit short tempered
>>
>>419929
endemic warfare prevents social and technological development to some degree. shit doesn't take off until one tribe gets a roman peace going.
>>
As an Italian American I find that video highly offensive.

Their using of Chistopho Columbus as a figure of oppression, hate and offense is extremely troubling, if not outright racist.

My community came to America for opportunities, self betterment and to contribute to society, we should not have to put up with this level of harassment.
>>
>>420041
Christopher came through for Spain. Plus they are talking about the guy not Italians.
>>
>>417863
Not cool
>>
Gringo Natives are fucking whiners that think they got it bad. Atleast an stable country conquered them.
>>
File: into_the_trash_it_goes.png (430KB, 398x534px) Image search: [Google]
into_the_trash_it_goes.png
430KB, 398x534px
>>418766
>>418895
>>419015
>marginalised
I'm hip to your lingo, socjus filth.
>>
>>418097
>they didnt need all of it
So i suppose neither do you
>>
>>417852
Fucking Australia. If you don't hate them for the people, the climate, their censorship laws or their prohibition of loli, you can hate them for this.
>>
File: MTMzNTgzOTYwMjA5OTQ0NTQ2.jpg (35KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
MTMzNTgzOTYwMjA5OTQ0NTQ2.jpg
35KB, 620x349px
y'all niggas mad
>>
>>419457
read here>>418843

additionally, native warfare didn't apply slavery.
>>
H>>417741
Half of these "Natives" look atleast 50% White
>>
>>417777
Even his own countrymen thought he was a mean fuck
>>
>>419854
>it is rooted in ethnic nationalism

anticolonialism is by definition a class struggle. If it ends up replacing the colonial status quo with another state-nation and consequently a class society, the struggle should continue. See China and Indochina. The results may not be as wished, but at least I won't rationalise and present Maoist China as a class heaven. I work with theory, not ideology.
>>
>>417726
it would be fun to see an alt. universe where Europeans built a massive wall around itself before the colonization, wait a few thousand years, break it down and everyone's still living like tribals and hunter-gatherers while europe is colonizing planets.
>>
Wow, /his/, here I was thinking this would be a place where people dump pictures of qt indian girls in this thread, but I guess you guys aren't like /pol/. Good on you guys. Have fun discussing shiit
>>
File: Cheyenne indian woman.jpg (213KB, 450x634px) Image search: [Google]
Cheyenne indian woman.jpg
213KB, 450x634px
>>420454
>>
>>420481
Ayyyy, thanks man.
>>
>>417726
Columbus Was a ruthless killer people who say other wise are just dumb
>>
>>418013
im half native(purepecha indian) i think the hate for Columbus is not more about just him, but more about what he symbolized
>>
>>418186
>difference between a war of conquest and a war of colonisation.
>>
>>418240
imo, you're just as much of a scumbag, do not punish the son for the sins of his father you shithead
>>
>>421307
>do not punish the son for the sins of his father

this is a moral check on a historic development: U.S.A. was founded as a colony. The fact of the statehood, Westfallen type, remains. And reservations still exist. So who is punishing whom?
>>
>>417852
nigger detected
>>
>>421478
>A. Barbosa
>tripfag
Alberto Barbosa não é uma única pessoa, Alberto Barbosa somos todos nós
Ao seres um tripfag chamado A. Barbosa, não só és um paneleiro monumental, és também um insulto contra tudo o que “t. Alberto Barbosa” significa

mata-te rapaz
t. um Alberto Barbosa de jeito
>>
>>417726
who this native ameican qt?
>>
>>422109
I am also curious.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.