[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you read Yang Zhu (aka Yung Chu) aka The Spookbuster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

Why haven't you read Yang Zhu (aka Yung Chu) aka The Spookbuster of the East?

>Life is full of suffering, and its chief purpose is pleasure. There is no god and no after-life; men are the helpless puppets of the blind natural forces that made them, and that gave them their unchosen ancestry and their inalienable character. The wise man will accept this fate without complaint, but will not be fooled by all the nonsense of Confucius and Mozi about inherent virtue, universal love, and a good name: morality is a deception practised upon the simple by the clever; universal love, and a good name: morality is a deception practised upon the simple by the clever; universal love is the delusion of children, who do not know the universal enmity that forms the law of life; and a good name is a posthumous bauble which the fools who paid so dearly for it cannot enjoy. In life the good suffer like the bad, and the wicked seem to enjoy themselves more keenly than the good
>>
>>410694
Is this man like the Diogenes of Oriental Philosophy?
>>
That probably isn't a good translation
>>
fiftykeks.jpg
>>
File: 1441433277768.png (102KB, 1821x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1441433277768.png
102KB, 1821x1054px
if you want bliss, go into the jhanas
>>
Can someone explain the "spook" meme?
>>
>>413562
>Can someone explain the "spook" meme?
The "philosopher" Stirner explained limits on the egoist individual as idealist "spooks." Marx critiques him at length in The German Ideology
>>
>>410694
sounds like an ignorant fool
>>
File: 1426988202653.jpg (42KB, 587x599px) Image search: [Google]
1426988202653.jpg
42KB, 587x599px
>chief purpose is pleasure

Sounds pretty spooky to me.
>>
>>410694
Degenerate shit.

Confucius is not pleased.
>>
Literally a degenerate

hopefully and probably torn apart by 4 horses
>>
>>413562
It's just another way for retard's to say "Social Construct".
>>
This doesn't seem very compatible with the Tao
I don't like it
>>
>>410702
this
>>
File: Epicurus_bust2.jpg (86KB, 590x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Epicurus_bust2.jpg
86KB, 590x1000px
Sounds like a more cynical Epicurus

Epicurus is my nigga. This guy sounds like a salty prick.
>>
File: kongzi_da_real_nigga.jpg (122KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
kongzi_da_real_nigga.jpg
122KB, 533x800px
>>410694
Speak of that degenerate babble one more time, and I'll backhand you into a coma little twat.
>>
Neat. I am putting this guy on the reading list. I already like Stirner quite a lot, maybe I'll like this guy too.
>>
>>413562
Basically, ideas. Things without physical substance that we put ahead of ourself. The reason Stirner calls them spooks is to remind us that they're not physical, and making ourselves miserable, or throwing away our lives over them is fucking silly.

>>413623
>Marx critiques him at length in The German Ideology

His critique is mostly attacks on Stirner's character.
>>
CRAWWWWWLIIIIINNNNGGG IIIIIIIINNNNNNN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
>>
>>413844
According to Wikipedia (yeah yeah, I know) he was an early Daoist teacher.
>>
File: YangZhu.jpg (25KB, 257x300px) Image search: [Google]
YangZhu.jpg
25KB, 257x300px
>>413803
Confucious a statist shit.

>>413951
He's not that edgy, there's just a lot of Confucian propaganda against him because he's that cool.

----------------------------------------

THE IDEAL LIFE

YANGCHUsaid:

"Yuan Hsie lived in mean circumstances in Lu, while Tse Kungamassed wealth in Wei.

"Poverty galled the one, and riches caused uneasiness to the other.

"So poverty will not do nor wealth either."

"But what then will do?"

"I answer enjoy life and take one's ease, for those who know how to enjoy life are not poor, and he that lives at ease requires no riches."
>>
FALSE VIRTUES

YANG CHUsaid:

"Po Yi was not without desire, for being too proud of his purity of mind, he was led to death by starvation.

"Chan-Chiwas not passionless, for being too proud of his virtue he happened to reduce his family.

"Those who in pursuit of purity and virtue do good in a false way resemble these men."
>>
ALL THINGS PASS

YANG CHU said:

"The memory of things of highest antiquity is faded. Who recollects them? Of the time of the three generations of Emperors1something is preserved, but the rest is lost. Of the five rulers2something is still known, the rest is only guessed at. Of the events during the time of the three emperors3some are veiled in deep obscurity, and some are clear, yet out of a hundred thousand not one is recollected. Of the things of our present life some are heard, others seen, yet not one out of ten thousand is recollected. It is impossible to calculate the number of years elapsed from remote antiquity to the present day. Only from Fw-hsi downwards there are more than three hundred thousand years.

"Every trace of intelligent and stupid men, of the beautiful and ugly, successful and unsuccesful, right and wrong, is effaced. And whether quickly or slowly is the only point of difference.

"If anybody cares for one hour's blame or praiseso much that, by torturing his spirit and body, he struggles for a name lasting some hundred years after his death, can the halo of glory revive his dried bones, or give it back the joy of living
-------------------------------------

>>413645
He was a happy fella
>>
>>410694
He sounds like combination of Schopenhauer and Nietzsche. Pretty Hardcore stuff.
>>
File: Qin Shi Huangdi.jpg (145KB, 321x406px) Image search: [Google]
Qin Shi Huangdi.jpg
145KB, 321x406px
>>410694
>Look up Yang Zhu
>Warring States period philosopher.
"See, this is why I bury scholars alive." -Qin Shi Huangdi.
>>
>>414559
>I must unite the Huaxia people under on philosophy
>>
East meets West

youtube.com/watch?v=MvacG_nhD34
>>
>>413803
fuck confucius

his teachings pussified so much asian countries even up to today
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.