[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My favorite mythological hero is Gilgamesh, since he persevered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: Gilgamesh.jpg (181KB, 999x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.jpg
181KB, 999x1600px
My favorite mythological hero is Gilgamesh, since he persevered and pushed himself the fact that the Akkadian afterlife is terrible.
Who's yours?
>>
>>410507
I'm not sure if he counts as a hero but I always liked the trickery of Sisyphus. Even though he may have gone too far by his end he was enjoyable
>>
Atalanta by far. She was just a raging badass who got kicked down way to often and then just pulled herself up by her bootstraps.
>>
>>410507
Jesus
>>
I'd go for Sigurd, I think. Maybe Odysseus.
>sweet family line
>wrecks every army he faces
>kills Fafnir
>wins Brynhilde
>Odin's homeboy
>>
>>410507

That pedo smile
>>
File: Diomedes.jpg (311KB, 1628x2624px) Image search: [Google]
Diomedes.jpg
311KB, 1628x2624px
>>410507
Diomedes, by far.
>Greatest warrior after a demigod
>One of the wisest, most level headed of the Greek kings
>Loyal as fuck. Willing to even kill Achilles over his asshole of a cousin
>Bromance with Odysseus
>Dat commando raid aginst Rhesus
>Commando raid to steal Palladium
>Only mortal in the war to see Athena
She probably would have fucked him if she wasn't a virgin goddess tbqh
>BTFO Ares, Aphrodite
>Even Hektor and Aeneas are wary of him
What's not to like?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13KB, 223x226px
>>410507
Kullervo.

never forget.
>>
Finn MacCool is pretty fun
>>
File: Rostam and the Cid.png (1MB, 572x932px) Image search: [Google]
Rostam and the Cid.png
1MB, 572x932px
>>410507
This two senpaitachi, Rostam and The Cid. For identical reasons, chivalry and loyalty to their cause, principles and kingdom even when they had to serve shitty kings.
>>
>>410507
>the fact that the Akkadian afterlife is terrible.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>412241
Fionn join the British to fight against ZINSAR the king of the world, in his tale they defeated ZINZAR.

> ZINSAR = CAESAR
>>
>>412241
The Fenian cycle in general is the best cycle of Irish mythology.

Cú Chulainn faggots can fuck off.
>>
>>412526
>Major
Guan Yu
>Others
Nai Khanom Thom, Those twins from Aztec mythology, Achilies, Theseus, Romulus and Remus, Susanoo
>>
File: girugamesh-o.gif (643KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
girugamesh-o.gif
643KB, 320x240px
>>410507
>Gilgamesh
OP you got it wrong: it's Girgugamesh
>>
>>410507

My favorite mythological hero would definitely be Achilles, since his epic is pretty much the only one I can think of that involves real moral growth.
>>
>>412522
But Caesar is pronounced "Kai-sar"
>>
>>412806
Only in correct latin.
>>
>>412806
In Irish it's Séasar pronounced "Shay-sur" but unless there is a Welsh text with the same story then I think your man is wrong. There is no letter "z" in Irish and the "king of the great world" from "Cath Fionntrágha" is called Dáire Donn not Zinsar. I don't remember the Britons being involved either.
>>
Beowulf
>Swims in armor
>Tears off a monster's arm
>Lops off she-bitch's head
>Grows old and dies fighting a dragon
>Þæt wæs god cyning!
>>
>>410507
Gilgamesh was a massive faggot. The hottest goddess in the universe wanted his dick, but he was too proud and willful to submit to her, and ended up getting his best bro killed and nearly causing the zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>413000

Gilgamesh intuitively understood the Me of Sexual Intercourse, to wit, "do not stick thy dick in crazy".
>>
Sundiata is pretty cool.

He controlled the wind and fought a wizard. And his bro chopped a mountain in half in a tempest of fire just to show his enemies he wasn't fucking around.

Mandinka myths are alright
>>
>>413072
Ishtar was a good lust/murder goddess who dindu nuffin until Gilgamesh refused her advances.
>>
>>410507
Fingolfin.
>>
>>413349
At what point will the LotR setting start to be regarded as mythology instead of fiction?
>>
>>413360
That's the great thing about fiction. Without context or anything Archaeologists 1000 years from now will think that LotR or other works of fiction were regarded as mythology in our cultures.
>>
>>413360

Not him, but Tolkien was pretty up front that LoTR was supposed to be a fictive mythology to replace "lost" Anglo-Saxon stuff.
>>
Either Odysseus or Wu-kong.
>>
>>413349
>Not Turìn
>>
>>413458

Turin's agency is fundamentally flawed by being under the effect of Morgoth's curse though. He's too much of a victim to be a proper protagonist, and can you really be an epic hero if you're not a protagonist?
>>
based Jason
>>
>>412511
It's what inspired Hebrew Sheol.
>Literary accounts of the netherworld are generally dismal. It is described as a dark “land of no return” and the “house which none leaves who enters,” with dust on its door and bol
>>
Moses
>>
File: nemedians be like.gif (46KB, 225x287px) Image search: [Google]
nemedians be like.gif
46KB, 225x287px
>>412526
EAT SHIT FOMORIA
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.