[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a Solipsist. Can anyone of you 'people'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: My meme.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
My meme.png
260KB, 563x542px
I'm a Solipsist. Can anyone of you 'people' refute this position?
>>
We don't have to because we don't care.
>>
>>407625
I'm telling you I'm real. Would you doubt yourself?
>>
>>407625
fucking kill yourself you nigger piece of shit
>>
>>407625
What are the things you experience?
>>
I might not exist but you don't either so haha you fucking cunt
>>
>>407888
If I die you go with me though, you're just a passing vision. Although I'm not sure I can die. I think if my body died my mind would still float around looking into itself and seeing you.
>>
>>407625
Why would I bother? You don't even exist.
>>
>>407909
how about you kill yourself and I fuck your mom while your mind watches
>>
>>407926
>Implying my mom exists
>>
>>407625
Oh cool. A solipsist posting on an anonymous image board. So you're just talking to yourself, right? Crazy ass mofo
>>
>>407929
your mom definitely existed when I was balls deep in her pussy
>>
OP here. Just kidding.
>>
>>407936
I've been talking to myself as long as I can rembember. It's not something you can understand because we are on completly different levels. I'm basically God.

>>407902
Looking at myself and watching my thoughts unfold.

>>407914
What else is there to do but talk to myself?
>>
>>407959
prove to me that you exist you fucking niggerfag
>>
>>407943
Jokes on you you were balls deep into my minds conception of my mom lmao faggot
>>
I don't care what a figment of my imagination thinks
>>
>>407959
>Looking at myself and watching my thoughts unfold
So, are the things you experience under your control? Or is your self not unified in such a way? If not, what makes you conceive of it as one entity, as opposed to many?
>>
>>407959
You can't talk to yourself if only you exist, bro. That means you got two self-referential points of view, and you can't have more than one.
>>
File: 1433127915902.jpg (17KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
1433127915902.jpg
17KB, 604x340px
>mfw I'm really the real person
>mfw this thread
>>
>>407972
I don't have very much control. I'm an observer. There's a possibility I could think things in and out my observation at will. I'm still working out exactly how to do that.

>>407973
The only thing that exists is what I see. If a tree falls in the forest and I'm not observing it not only does it not make a sound but the tree and the entire forest is gone. Also you don't exist either when I'm not observing you.
>>
>>407996
>I'm an observer
The very concept of observation entails that there is something not identical to you, which you observe. You have just admitted to not being the only thing in existence, thank you for playing.
>>
If only you truly exist then you have nothing to be self conscious about, right? Go to a bar right no and seduce a qt (she, being a representation of your mind's reality should have no impact on your self worth).
>>
>>408013
It's just different aspects of myself. For instance I think you represent doubt.

>>408081
And this guy represents curiosity. I'm still trying to learn how to do this stuff. I think I can eventually get any girl to go out with me just by wanting her to.

Lucid dreaming is hard to pull off.
>>
>>407625
Nope.
whatever the case i can be safe in the inference that you are an idiot.
>>
>>407625
Do you think that other "people" have your power of observation or are at least able to express it in the same words that you could?

Do you empathize with other "people"?

Do you have feelings for the feelings of other "people"?

Do you refrain from committing crimes/immoral acts because you either sympathize with other "people" or fear the consequences that can be brought down upon you by other "people"?

If the answer is yes to all of these, than the point of Solipsism is moot. You were born in respect to other "people"; You live in respect to other "people"; you'll die in respect to other "people".
>>
>>408128
>It's just different aspects of myself. For instance I think you represent doubt
Now we're giving independent life to mental states, which is almost like accepting external reality, but in a cowardly way. What makes you believe that these aspects are exclusively and entirely yours, other than the fact that you're the one having the experience? And how would the very categries of unity and multiplicity, among others, even make sense without their appliance to external phenomena? In short, why do you believe there is thought and experience, and therefore difference and multiplicity, in the unity of your mind?
>>
I'm a solipist.

I don't view myself as talking to myself or that any of you must necessarily not exist. I just can't prove you do.

Just because I can't PROVE you're real doesn't mean that I don't act within the framework of my experiences such as they are.
>>
>>407625
Of course not. You can't prove you're a solipsist either though.
>>
I am the only sentient being in the entire universe. You are all machines that serve as NPCs in my giant amusement park.

I am immortal; it is impossible for me to die because the universe only exists from my perspective. If I were to somehow die all of existence would go with me, so you faggots better take a bullet for me! Coming close to death, by aging, disease, or mangling, would really suck. But I just happen to be born in the age where immortality treatments and a redundant consciousness spread across numerous bodies will soon be developed for me to enjoy, so I expect I will live forever, and live well at that.
>>
>>407983
>mfw I'm actually the real person
>mfw you might read this and think you're the real person but you don't actually exist so you can't do that
>>
>>407645
Underrated post
>>
"I've never seen anything that would indicate that I am anything other than the intended viewer"
>>
Fact of the matter is that there are a lot of little algorithmic patterns experiencing the exact same shit you are. You are essentially the entire universe folded into a specific pattern, but so is everyone else around you. We're part of you, but not part of you because of that tiny little orb of whatever that makes us all slightly different.
>>
>>407959
Which credit card number, cvv, and exp date is connected to the bank account that has billions and billions of dollars that nobody will really miss or care and won't mind that we use it every now and again, All-Knowing God Man?
>>
>>408128
Are you saying you are a girl?
>>
>>407967
>only person on Earth
>spends his time imagining fictional characters having sex with his mom

kek even in a hypothetical scenario ur still a cvck
>>
>implying p zombies are possible

Mind is what the brain does.
If there's people who have a brain like you, they also have a mind like you.
>>
>>408180
1. No you don't observe, but you can speak.
2&3 Of course I have feelings for myself
4. Of course I steal

>>408772
>>408475
One thing existing is far more likely than 2 or a 10 billion. Occim's razor says only I exist, otherwise things get very complicated.

>>408887
Being God doesn't work like that. Like I said you literally can't comprehend it. At best you can understand a tiny fragment of it, because that's all you are: a tiny fragment of me.

>>409096
The point is nothing exists unless I observe it. You're just a thought. Some thoughts lie to me and others tell the truth. Occim's razor means we have the simplest universe possible, things continuing to exist when they are unobserved is far too complex.
>>
>>409188
>At best you can understand a tiny fragment of it
That is all I want to understand, literally just a few numbers in proper sequence to prove your scope of influence is as large as you claim, I don't need to comprehend it for you to demonstrate basic evidence that you have a perspective consistent with another tiny fraction of the known universe.
>>
If you're a solopsist, why arent you raping little girls right now?
>>
>>409188
1. We can speak, therefore we can explain what you "observe"; we can say that we're Solipsist and you're the one who is a figment of our imagination.

2&3. The question was do you have feelings for or empathize with OTHER "people". And the answer should be yes, since you care so much about what other "people" think in this thread.

3. Really? Then why don't you steal some more and not have to work? The point is that you effectively behave in this life as if other "people" are real and can affect you. It doesn't matter if we're "real" or not. Do you get prize at the end of your life for being the only observer? If no, then just accept you're just as "real" as everyone else.
>>
>>407625
Kinda makes life feel like a prison, considering you can't control your own mind.
>>
Then how does this world interact with you without you expecting it?
>>
>>409508
He's obviously thinking about you. When you're not thinking, you don't exist. I'm happy he's thinking about a fat guy in Finland fapping as anyone reads this, otherwise I wouldn't be around.
>>
>anno domini 2015
>trying to use reason and logic with non-scientific horseshit like metaphysical concepts

>>409188
>Occim's razor says only I exist

No it doesn't. It's a general guideline, not a scientific theory that explains the laws of the universe.
>>
>>409243
Because little girls are for loving

>>409370
I can't have feelings for other people because they don't exist. I can only have reflections on myself, you are a part of me.

On the subject of stealing. Technically I already own everything. Since everything is just an expression of my mind there's no way I can NOT own it. Everything in the universe IS me. I own myself so I own the universe.

>>409409
A prison implies there is a escape. How would I escape from myself?

>>409508
You exist as long as I am observing you. So I'm not interacting with you, I'm interacting with myself. That's what you are an aspect of myself.

I think Schopenhauer once said "the world is my idea". That's literally true. In fact I was the one who said because Shopenhaurer is an aspect of me!

>>409551
I AM the universe dummy.
>>
you're not a solipsist. you're just a sentence, an idea in my head. i'm the only real thinking person and the whole universe is in my head and nothing else exists. this whole concept of solipsism serves to remind me of this fact.
>>
If you're a solipsist, why don't you commit suicide to prove you're right?
>>
Yes.
You're actually just a figment of MY imagination.
>>
>>407645
understated toast
>>
>>409781
Suicide perhaps, or maybe you will just wake up in some other world
>>
>>407625
You're not a solipsists, because I'm a solipsist.
>>
File: 1448659223860.jpg (71KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
1448659223860.jpg
71KB, 500x410px
Foreign language
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.