[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw a news article which confused me and i need the help of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: french-stereotypes.jpg (30KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
french-stereotypes.jpg
30KB, 400x296px
I saw a news article which confused me and i need the help of some historians.

Do the native French exist or not?
>>
>>399608

The "native" French would be white, and white people cannot be natives.

Ergo, no Native French exist.
>>
>>399612
Yeah the French high court just dismissed the concept of native French people.
>>
>>399608
This is actually interesting because It puts the question regarding the division in ethnicity and nationality under the lupp.

Take the UK. You have Englishmen, Scotsmen and so on, and you would be able to say "I'm ethnicity English".

But it would be odd to say "I'm ethnicity British", wouldn't it? British is a national identity, not an technical.

Someone please correct me if I'm completely off.
>>
>>399647
I assume UK will be next.
>>
>>399608
Go far enough back and no one is a native.
>>
>>399686
So you support this concept.

Let me ask, do your people 'exist' and if so why?
>>
According to our justice system, no, we don't exist. I'm not even sure I'm writing this right now, or that you'll even be able to see my post.
>>
Aren't the aboriginal French descendants of the Gaul?
>>
>>399647
>Take the UK. You have Englishmen, Scotsmen and so on, and you would be able to say "I'm ethnicity English".
>But it would be odd to say "I'm ethnicity British", wouldn't it? British is a national identity, not an technical.

You can do both, just like you can be ethnically Asian and be ethnically Korean under that, for example.
>>
>>399647
'British' is mainly used by non-whites because it's hard for them to call themselves English, Scottish etc due to the obvious racial connotations whereas British is vague enough for them to latch onto because it is already a term for a collection of ethnicities.
>>
>>399833
>ethnically Asian and be ethnically Korean under that
Americans are so gay
>>
File: Detaille_Le_Rêve.jpg (1MB, 2036x1523px) Image search: [Google]
Detaille_Le_Rêve.jpg
1MB, 2036x1523px
>Do the native French exist or not?

Of course they do. A people of European race, a mix of Celts and Germanics, with some Roman thrown in.

Then you have the concept of "France" and "French" people, which started, depending on who you ask, with Vercingetorix uniting the Gallic tribes, with Clovis as the first Christian King of the Franks, with the death of Charlemagne and the creation of West Francia, with the Hundred Years war, or with French revolution, among other things. It seems like every historian has is own theory.

But it seems that now "French" just means "with French nationality". It would be horribly racist and so not 2015 to think for even a second that Muslim Arabs who have been here for less than 50 years are less French than any other actually French people. "French" is the new "British".
>>
>>400551
>It would be horribly racist and so not 2015 to think for even a second that Muslim Arabs who have been here for less than 50 years are less French than any other actually French people.
Muslim Arabs, sons and daughters of other Muslim Arabs who fought and died for the country are much more French than the fair-skinned sons and daughters of people who sold out the country to the teutonic enemy, even if they can retrace their genealogy to Charlemagne.
>>
>>399833
>ethnically Asian
This can't possibly be a thing. Being Asian isn't an ethnicity any more than being European.
>>
>>400630
How so?
Ironically, Hitler is now pretty popular in the Muslim community.
>>
>>400842
I can confirm this with a personal anecdote. I went to a very immigrant dense school with some kids who were even fresh off the boat. I knew this one Algerian guy and one half Finn half Moroccan who were straight up nazis and absolutely hated Jews with a burning passion, spouting conspiracy theories all the fucking time. We had a Jewish teacher and they would often fart and make gas jokes or make a TSHHHHHHHH sound to imitate what gas supposedly sounds like. They also got away with it completely.
>>
>>399647
I'm mostly English with some Welsh and Swedish and even fewer Scottish and Norwegian ancestors so I refer to my self as of British and Scandinavian decent.

>inb4 American muh 1/64th percent German
>>
>>400842

You know, it's funny, during the late 30s and 40s, Muslims didn't like Hitler, because they blamed him for driving a bunch of Jews into British Palestine.
>>
>>399647
My mum is French and my dad half Irish but I was born and raised in England and I'll call myself English sooner than frog or paddy.
>>
>>401003
He seemed to be pretty chummy with the Gran Mufti of Jerusalem. Germany was actually funding a lot of nationalist movements in the ME at the time to piss off the British. But yes, ironically Hitler created the Israeli problem.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.