[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are protestant counties so much more successful than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1409149919715.jpg (485KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1409149919715.jpg
485KB, 1600x1067px
Why are protestant counties so much more successful than Catholic counties?
>>
>>393382
Because Catholics almost exclusively go after converting African and South American countries
>>
Cause protestantism was so fucking boring people soon abandoned the christian faith altogether.
>>
>>393392
Catholics are not Christians though
>>
>>393399
??????
>>
>>393399

Protestants are heretics and Martin Luther should have been burned.
>>
>>393399
I want to fight your statement but god damned double dubs
>>
>>393382
Satan.
>>
>>393408
>pope lives like a king
>christian
>>
>>393399
This. Catholicism is Greco-Judeo-pagan syncretism.
>>
>>393420

The pope is better than a king.
>>
>>393382
> so much more successful

Last time I checked Protestant countries were filled with Africans and Arabs and the only ones that aren't are Catholic and Orthodox countries, the only ones that put a European identity ahead of Anglo-American globalist multikulti.

Protestant countries are literally dying because of their "success."
>>
>>393382
>protestant
You mean, confessionalized. In purely catholic countries, the bourgeoisie had to establish itself against two fronts, nobility and clerus, creating more tensions both physically and morally.
>>
>>393516
thats like saying Rome wasnt the most successful empire of its time because by the end it was full of immigrants.
>>
>>393544
Isn't that literally true?
>>
>>393544
But Rome was ahead of every civilization by far at its time, while the differences between Poland and the UK can be made up in the next 50 years.
>>
>>393682
Sure it was declining like most protestant countries but it was still the greatest and most successful, much like protestant countries right now.

>>393702
>Poland and the UK can be made up in the next 50 years.
kek why didnt you invest in Easter Poland anon!?

I'd argue technological growth is exponential thus 50 years in the modern area could constitute 250 years or more for the Roman Era.

Civilisations these days burn brighter but faster.
>>
Protestantism cut out the bureaucratic bullshit of the Catholic clergy. Suddenly, instead of going through dozens of monks to get to a bishop so he can tell the king something, you just go to the king's deputy or whatever. It cut out a lot of fluff and let economies prosper without having to pay tithes and what not to the church constantly. Not to mention the cultural aspects of Protestantism - living an ascetic life, purging your sins with good works, elevating productivity as a virtue, etc.
>>
>>393702
There isn't that much difference between UK and Poland to begin with, if you apply a global perspective.
>>
>>393516
> What is France
>>
>>393516
>people what to move successful countries

what a shocker desu
>>
The richest part of Germany is the Catholic one. Belgium is also Catholic.
>>
>>393737

Yes but Spain, Portugal, and Latin America are also Catholic. So are the Philippines. And they have all been shit holes for hundreds of years
>>
>>393765
>And they have all been shit holes for hundreds of years
Pretty anachronistic view. Argentina was a developed country until like the 1940s at least.
>>
>>393765
France, Italy, Ireland, and Austria are all Catholic, and Spain is in no way a shit hole. England is technically Protestant but Anglicanism is more similar to Catholicism than to Lutheranism etc.
Quebec is Catholic and the rest of Canada Protestant but no one part is more prosperous than the rest.
Uruguay is just as Catholic as El Salvador but is much more prosperous.
>>
>>393784
>Spain is in no way a shit hole
>86% of the country live in aparents
>50% youth unemployment
>not white

seems like a shithole to me
>>
>>393804
What the fuck is an aparents?
>>
>>393822
apartments* Sorry my bad.
>>
>>393831
Not going to defend Spain since it is indeed a shit country but what in the fuck is wrong with living in an apartment?
>>
>>393841
Nothing when you're young but when you're an adult raising a family in one it is a sign of being a brown skinned shit person that lives in a shit hole
>>
>>393850
I grew up in an apartment that was probably worth more than your entire family. Cry more.
>>
>>393871
Keep trying to justify growing up low class faggot.
>>
>>393778

Fair, I will give you Argentina. Maybe Chile even. El Cono Sur countries were doing great until all the political uprisings that kept the region destabilized. But that is about it and you know it.

Spain fell apart after the Armada was destroyed by Elizabeth and never recovered (Franco tried). Portugal has remained in decline since it let Brazil govern itself, although it remains a very stable and decent place to live.

But nowhere else Catholic has lived up to its economic potential since. It seems to encourage a "live in the moment" lifestyle that doesn't facilitate motivation in a population to be industrious and plan ahead.
>>
>>393883
>low class
Do you have any idea how much are Manhattan apartments worth you fucking retard? Certainly more than your shitty 400k McMansion in the suburbs.
>>
File: 1448539081365.jpg (69KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448539081365.jpg
69KB, 800x800px
>>393892
I can't hear you over the sound of my laugh echoing through my massive home
>>
>>393900
Sure thing poorfag, enjoy your cardboard toolshed with a 1000 sq ft lawn lmao
>>
Assuming your outrageously generalizing statement is true: Since because secular
>>
>>393905
enjoy having niggers surrounding you on all sides like a piece of corn in a pile of shit.
>>
>>393919
>niggers able to afford a 1.7 million apartment

Unless they're movie stars or something I really doubt it, pleb.
>>
>>393931
>1.7 mill
>mahattan

Must have been a nice shoebox
>>
>>393382
The real Question is why did protestants become so much more secular?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protestant_Ethic_and_the_Spirit_of_Capitalism
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.