[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Constantine >take over the Roman Empire and become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1482091736384.png (631KB, 563x707px) Image search: [Google]
1482091736384.png
631KB, 563x707px
>be Constantine
>take over the Roman Empire and become emperor
>change the official religion
>still the Roman Empire

>be Mehmed II
>take over the Roman Empire and become emperor
>change the official religon
>suddenly it's a whole different country

Really makes you think
>>
File: 724.png (133KB, 680x679px) Image search: [Google]
724.png
133KB, 680x679px
>>3397103
>>
turkposting should be a bannable offense
>>
Constantine was a Roman Emperor who took full control of the Empire.
He did not change the religion, Theodosius did, and Theodosius didn't gain his rule by conquest.
Both were Romans.

Mehmed II was an alien conqueror and not Roman at all. Case closed
>>
>>3397103

>be roman.
>take over roman empire
>leave all roman institutions intact except for those to do with religion
>still roman empire

>be non roman trying to LARP as roman empire
>conquer roman territory and impose your own administration, customs and whatnot on that territory
>it's not the roman empire

ottoman empire was as roman as theodoric's kingdom in italy, i.e. not at all.
>>
>>3397135
Qing dynasty is still considered China though
>>
I agree with OP.
The Byzantine empire was not the Roman empire.
>>
>>3397692
>Be Mehmed II
>Padishah of the Osmanli first and foremost.
>Took the title of Roman Emperor simply because he conquered byzantium.
>This alongside your titles of: Caliph, Khan of Khans, King of a bunch of Caucasus regions, etc.

>Be the first 3 Manchu Emperors.
>Conquer China.
>Recognize you need to adopt local culture to justify your rule (i.e. Mandate of Heaven) in addition to your culture being shit in anything else other than fighting it seems.
>Throw away tribalshit titles and assume the mantle of Huangdi, Emperor of China.
>Try to be as Chinese as possible and go into confucianism & spouting classical chinese phrases.

Big difference.
>>
>>3397777
Quads of truth. The Qing got rid of their barbarianism and adopted civilization when they conquered China. The Turks were too proud to adopt civilization when they conquered Rome and are barbarians to this day.
>>
>>3397103
This is just silly, the Roman Empire collapsed shortly after Christianity took over.

This whole "t t t t teh Bayzantine Empire wuz teh Roman Empire" is a laughable meme in the first place.
>>
>>3397844
Do people actually believe this
>>
File: 1501936113220.gif (2MB, 202x360px)
1501936113220.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>3397103
Are they retarded?
I can't imagine someone with >70 IQ writing shit like this
damn
>>
>>3397777
quads of truth and good luck have been checked. May fortune follow you like a shadow anon

captcha roma barra
>>
>>3397777
Today I learned the Russian Empire wasn't Russia, because the Tsar was Khan of Siberia.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.