[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is your favourite Marxist thinker, apart from Marx and Engels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4834.jpg (418KB, 794x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4834.jpg
418KB, 794x1088px
Who is your favourite Marxist thinker, apart from Marx and Engels?

Mine is Georg Lukács. His essay "What is Orthodox Marxism?" clarified the crucial importance of the method of dialectical materialism.
>>
>>3378198
I kind of like Adorno and his take on critical theory, even if /pol/sters complain about "muh evil cultural Marxism undermimimg western values"
>>
>>3378198
Any fans of analytical marxism?
>>
>>3378198
>Marxist thinker
What an oxymoron
>>
>>3378198
Stalin. The person who realized communism wouldn't work unless a dictator were at the helm.
>>
Debord
>>
>>3378218
Critical theory is an interesting idea, but /pol/sters have a point when they say it's taken way too far in our society. We have to realize that while we can judge events through the realm of the other side's viewpoint, we can't base our entire policy and judgement on that. At the end of the day, you have to do what is right for you in this time and period. For example, yes, Islamic extremism can be tied to Western and Soviet colonialism and intervention throughout the past 100 years. You stick your dick in a beehive, expect to get stung. However, you can't expect us to just sit here and let them attack us back, let them pour into Western countries, because we feel bad for what our ancestors did. It's fucked up that it happened, but we have to stick up for ourselves and not put our own people in danger, even though we destabilized the region.

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and anyone who proposes to form foreign policy and goals around critical theory is going to end up getting their head chopped off. Everyone is out for their own good, and just because we did something bad, doesn't mean we can't stop looking out for the good of those alive now.
>>
MacIntyre :)
>>
File: Bordiga.jpg (729KB, 900x693px) Image search: [Google]
Bordiga.jpg
729KB, 900x693px
>>3378198
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.