[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we ever have a normal discussion on the ottomans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Kadin.jpg (50KB, 546x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kadin.jpg
50KB, 546x800px
Why can't we ever have a normal discussion on the ottomans or turks in general?
It always devolves into shitflinging and it doesn't even take an our before some butthurt fag starts shittalking.
>>
>>3377035
I don't discuss about them because i'm ignorant, I only know they covered parts of modern Turkey and conquered Constantinople (also that they appear or mediocre TV novellas). Any books on them?
>>
If someone posts that fucking stupid outdated reddit-tier "TURKS ARE ROACHES" meme I'm going to flip
>>
When did the Ottomans stop being the strongest power?
How do modern Turks feel about the past where they were Greeks and then Romans?
Why is Anzu so cute?
>>
>>3377100
>When did the Ottomans stop being the strongest power?
You can debate if they ever were the strongest power, since their apex in 16th and 17th centuries coincides with the rise of global colonial empires
>>
>>3377088
T*RKS
>>
>>3377135
ARE
>>
>>3377136
ARYANS
>>
>>3377135
>>3377136
No. Fuck off.
>>
>>3377048
Heard the subjects of the sultan is a pretty good one.

>>3377100
Well during Suleiman's reign they still were one of the strongest but after his death things started to go downhill.
>>
>>3377100
Bad leadership after Suleiman, a decline in the importance of the Middle East around that time as well, and the practice of starting every campaign in Constantinople. By the time they made their second big campaign into Europe, the stagnation was showing
>>
>>3377125
Didn't they attack Vienna in the era of Charles V? They were stronger tham he was. And he was the strongest Western European monarch since Charlemagne's grandson.
>>
>>3377336
They attacked Vienna like Charles attacked Tunis.
>>
>>3377336
All campaigns started in Constantinople and authority radiated outwards from there. The Siege of Vienna was an overextension of their power into Central Europe
>>
I have a fascination with the early Ottomans. Particularly the founder Osman because the dude was living an RPG campaign and laid the seeds for his tribe to become a great power.
>>
>>3377499
>Charles V
Could you elaborate on that a bit? How is that different from how other empires conducted their campaigns?
>>
>>3377586
No idea how that greentext got there, disregard that.
>>
>>3377035
Because the mods refuse to moderate. /his/ is just going to become closer to /int/ and /pol/ the longer it goes on like this.
>>
>>3377100
>When did the Ottomans stop being the strongest power?

"Timar system" was broken. State gave the authority of collecting taxes to civilians. This was abused. The tradition was that the most capable prince would become Sultan. That changed around 1600s. After that the older brother would become sultan even if he was retarded. Ottomans had tens of thousands of scribes. Printing press would make them all unemployed so it was forbidden. Europe found new trade routes and Silk road become less important. This is what I remember. Of course there are more reasons.
>How do modern Turks feel about the past where they were Greeks and then Romans?

Turks don't know that. They were Muslim Turks that's it.

>Why is Anzu so cute?

He is a girl (male)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.