[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any connection between Friedrich Nietzsche's Übermensch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Is there any connection between Friedrich Nietzsche's Übermensch concept, and Sigmund Freud's concept of the Super Ego? I've only just begun reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and I know very little about the Super Ego, but the two concepts seem vaguely similar, based on what I do know of them, nonetheless.
>>
>>3372756
No they have literally nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>3372756
>Is there any connection between Friedrich Nietzsche's Übermensch concept, and Sigmund Freud's concept of the Super Ego?

NO.

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE'S CONCEPT OF THE MISNOMICALLY CALLED "OVERMAN" IS AN INDIVIDUAL ENTIRELY COMPELLED BY PRIMAL URGES, AND WHOSE WILLPOWER IS TOTALLY INVESTED IN SATISFYING THOSE URGES —ID EST: AN ANIMALISTIC VIOLENT BEING—, THEREFORE, THE NIETZSCHEAN "OVERMAN" IS A PERSONIFICATION OF SIGMUND FREUD'S "ID".

THE PERSONIFICATION OF THE SUPEREGO —THE METAHUMAN— IS THE OPPOSITE OF THE "OVERMAN" (THE CORRECT TERM IS "SUBHUMAN").
>>
>>3372817
>THE CORRECT TERM IS SUBHUMAN
lel
>>
>>3372817
You didn't reach Nietzsche, your description of the "Overman" is a description of the Last Man.

The Overman is a being who, realizing he lives in a universe where value is not inherent, instead creates value out of his own will to power.

Stop speaking of things of which you know nothing.
>>
>>3372817
Can you just fucking stop shouting all day
>>
>>3372839
I think he does it cause he writes in Latin a lot and the original Latin alphabet had no lower case letters
>>
>>3372830

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE'S CONCEPT OF THE "LAST MAN" IS NOT AN ANTITHESIS OF HIS CONCEPT OF THE "OVERMAN" (SUBHUMAN), BUT MERELY AN APATHETIC AND LETHARGIC "OVERMAN" (SUBHUMAN).

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DOES NOT COMPREHEND.
>>
>>3372756
Nietzsche obviously influenced Freud greatly but Super Ego and Ubermensch only share the prefix "super." Super Ego is the censor, Ubermensch is someone who has transcended internal censorship.
>>
>>3372846
That is incorrect. Also you have a small penis.
>>
>>3372846
Do you agree with Nietzsche's work, Ray?
>>
>>3372861

NO.
>>
>>3372846
HEY, RAY.

DO YOU LIKE CANDY?
>>
>>3372846
>animalistic
NO. THE NEXT STEP OF POSITIVE NIHILISM, IS THE OVERMAN, WHICH CREATES VALUES OVER THE DESTROYED CHRISTIAN ONES. THIS DOESN'T IMPLY HE IS ANIMALISTIC, BUT IT RESEMBLES A COLONIZER OR A CREATOR.

GO BACK TO THE SHITHOLE YOU CAME FROM, SUBHUMAN.
>>
File: screech.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
screech.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>3372756

> Be friedrich
> Be a great scholar
> Teach some classes, write some books.
> Compulsively reference everything with a finecomb
> Dont mention a word in a thousand languages about ever having Read "Der Einige und sein Eigentum"
> plagarise
> ?????
> Profit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.