[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the fall? Surely it can't mean that a talking snake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: michelangelo_su-ndenfall_wide.jpg (100KB, 663x373px) Image search: [Google]
michelangelo_su-ndenfall_wide.jpg
100KB, 663x373px
What is the fall?

Surely it can't mean that a talking snake convinced the first humans to eat of a fruit, thereby introducing death into the world. We know that one, snakes don't talk and two, death existed long before the human species appeared on the earth.
>>
I'm guessing separation from God.
>>
Original sin is just allegory for people can be cunts real easy, that's why you should work hard at being decent to others and shiet
>>
>>3372529
Mythology from the Mesopotamia region that was adapted into an Origin story for Judaism
>>
>>3372541
This would make sense. Since union with God (Jesus) gives life.
>>
>>3372546
What part of it is Mesopotamian? What would be the original version?
>>
>>3372529
>What is the fall?

TO WHICH "FALL" ARE YOU REFERRING?

THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE "FALLS" IN CHRISTIAN MYTHOLOGY: SOFIA'S "FALL", LUCIFER'S, AND HIS ARMY'S, "FALL", AND THE HUMAN "FALL".
>>
>>3372943
Not him but can you explain all three m'lord?
>>
>>3373246
I don't have a clue about Sophia's fall, but the satan was an archangel at some point, and wanted to cut a deal with Adoni. Adoni told him to not be such a greedy cunt and left it at that. The satan tried again and Adoni said fuck it, and tossed his ass out of the clouds. He had some friends follow along and bam, we have the current hebraic power dynamic we have today.

The human's fall was that Eve took the fruit of the tree of knowledge and learned about everything. It wasn't technically a talking snake as the hebrew text wasn't properly translated into the KJV bible. It should say that the deceiver convinced Eve to take a bite of the fruit.
>>
And He taught Adam the names - all of them. Then He showed them to the angels and said, "Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful."
They said, "Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise."
He said, "O Adam, inform them of their names." And when he had informed them of their names, He said, "Did I not tell you that I know the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth? And I know what you reveal and what you have concealed."
And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.
And We said, "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."
But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time."
Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.
We said, "Go down from it, all of you. And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.
And those who disbelieve and deny Our signs - those will be companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally."
>>
>>3372529
The story is a quite literal story from Hebrew mythology that "explains" why life isn't paradise, women are "inferior" to men, and snakes have no legs. As religion evolved this rather farcical tale has had several addendum's retcon'd into it. Such as "Original Sin" or the Snake being the Devil and not just a talking snake. These are found nowhere in the original text either directly or implied and are essentially people trying to piece together a coherent narrative and philosophy from a collection of works (the Bible) that spans several different authors who had different philosophies and beliefs.
>>
>>3372529
> Eve was just about to suck Adam's dick
> NO IT WAS THE SNAKE THAT CORRUPTED US!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.