[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Persians pick a city (Ctesiphon) so close to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1371.jpg (145KB, 759x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1371.jpg
145KB, 759x482px
Why did the Persians pick a city (Ctesiphon) so close to the Roman Empire as their capital?
>>
>>3366057
Mesopotamia has always been an ideal place of commerce, trade, political administration due to its accessibility, fertile land, and of course due to these things the density of the population.

I'm not too certain but it may also be possible that the capital was set up prior to Roman subjugation of the Levant.
>>
>>3366057

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ctesiphon

>Ctesiphon was founded in the late 120s BC. It was built on the site of a military camp established across from Seleucia by Mithridates I of Parthia. The reign of Gotarzes I saw Ctesiphon reach a peak as a political and commercial center. The city became the Empire's capital circa 58 BC during the reign of Orodes II. Gradually, the city merged with the old Hellenistic capital of Seleucia and other nearby settlements to form a cosmopolitan metropolis.

>The reason for this westward relocation of the capital could have been in part due to the proximity of the previous capitals (Mithradatkirt, and Hecatompylos at Hyrcania) to the Scythian incursions.

Same reasons the Romans moved their capital closer to the Persians. Barbarian threats.
>>
>>3366057
I dont know
It make me mad that they didnt conquer central asia, if they would have done that then romans wouldnt hold west asia
>>
>>3366057
>Phartians
>Persians

Um no
>>
>>3366057
because iran is a bumhole of ragged mountains and remote villages,

Iraq is a fertile valley at the crossroads of civilisations, perfect for agriculture and trade. Also, lingua franca was aramaic, which was spoken natively among mesopotamians, but not in persia

Basically persia stole all their civilisation from mesopotamians since the achaemenid era, and then tried to take credit for it

And ctesiphon was really just across the river from where Seleucus built his capital (seleucia), since Alexander's capital ruled from Babylon
>>
> So close
> 500 miles from the border
>>
>>3366084
But Sasanids started in Istakhr, pretty far from any nomad incursion and better defended against the roman threat.
>>
>>3366087
But they conquered central asia. They lost it later but they conquered it.
>>
>>3366119
There are no borders
>>
>>3366136
Not whole central asia

They should have united all iranians tribes by force

If they should have done that, they would have be unstoppable
>>
>>3366182
They all the relevant parts. Do you expect them to take kazakhstan? It's like asking why the chinese didn't conquer Mongolia.
>>
>>3366194
Cyrus tried but failed
Kstan is big, imagine all the towns, cities,trade,etc they would have created

Just look at gaul with Rome, it was the same but rome put effort to conquered them
>>
>>3366245
A fellow latino Persiaboo?
درود mi hermano.
>>
>>3366260
Ok :)
>>
>>3366098
You are probably mentally retarded.
>>
>>3366433
Nice reply, dickface. Go suck your mothers cock until you have something of value to add
>>
>>3366057
because they didn't fear the Roman warrior
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.