[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the man who's in at least some way responsible for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: 240px-Gavrilloprincip.jpg (16KB, 240x234px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Gavrilloprincip.jpg
16KB, 240x234px
Why is the man who's in at least some way responsible for the entire century of bloodshed with no positive effects to his own people regarded as a hero in some countries? If at least people he killed were some kind of assholes but no.
>>
The serbs didn't like the Austro-Hungarians.
>>
>>3359572
Well we kind of liked them. They were good for their own people but it was a melting pot. I read something about violence between Croatians and Hungarians in 1910s maybe someone from those countries would tell me what was that all about.
But Princip wasn't a nationalist but pan-Yugoslavianist so in his eyes as long as there were any South Slavic countries in Asutria-Hungary they well all bad period.
>>
>>3359591
I always thought it was more of a "we don't want Austrians in charge of our country"
>>
>>3359568
>no positive effects to his own people

Independence? The destruction of the hated KuK?
>>
>>3359722
Serbia was already independent.
Unless he's seen as a hero by Bosnian Serbs,
>>
>>3359989
He's mostly seen as a hero by leftys over here, all types of them. Anarchists, anarcho syndicalists, commies.
Nationalists like him too, because he toppled foreign tyranny. But mostly it's the leftys who adore him for being a kingslayer, a destroyer of the capitalist order and exploitation.
>>
>>3359989

Serbia was a nominally independent rump state, after WW1 it was head of a Union of all Yugoslavs, I'd say that's a pretty big gain.
>>
>>3360093
why did they lose it all, was it autism?
>>
>>3359568
He assassinated an asshole dictator to protect his people and culture.
>>
>>3360205
Franz Ferdinand was very nice and modern.
>>
I love threads about people that have no names.
>>
>>3360205
>asshole dictator
I love when people post about shit they know fucking nothing about.

>>3360209
How retarded do you have to be not to recognize Gavrilo Princip
>>
File: ykw7uenabl7gdxv6esoj_thumb.jpg (91KB, 468x322px) Image search: [Google]
ykw7uenabl7gdxv6esoj_thumb.jpg
91KB, 468x322px
Is this really a photo of his arrest?
>>
>>3360217

Is it inconceivable that someone might not be familiar with something that you are familiar with you fucking child?
>>
>>3360229
You must've been schooled somewhere in Somalia if you have no idea who he is. This is a middle school history class subject.
>>
File: 1504226013741.jpg (101KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504226013741.jpg
101KB, 500x480px
>>3360229
>on /his/
>doesn't know basic history
>>
>>3360231

Who the fuck learns about ww1 in middle school? Not to mention it's been about twenty years since I've been in middle school and have very little interest in ww1.

Get off your high horse.
>>
File: gavrilo_2957116b.jpg (69KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
gavrilo_2957116b.jpg
69KB, 620x387px
>>3360225
Oh wait it was just some bystander.
This is the one. Doesn't really capture the moment quite as effectively.
>>
>>3359722
You know, just because you belong to an empire doesn't mean your people is bad off. Austria-Hungary didn't surpress serb or any other culture in any way or wanted to harm them in any way. And it was economically/technologically very well off. Look for example at Nikola Tesla, the only reason he was able to become a famous engineer is because he could visit the german universities in Graz and Prague. Another example is Mileva Maric, a talented serbian woman that got famous for assisting Albert Einstein in his work.

Both of these thing were only possible because they were citizens of Austria-Hungary. Instead of Serbs educating themselves at german universities you ended up as nation that got entangled in a primitive religious nationalism and didn't produce any single great person in 100 years since leaving Austria-Hungary. Instead you are nicknamed now "Taliban of Europe", lost large parts of your lands including Kosovo, and your economy is in the trash.

So after all I guess leaving Austria-Hungary was maybe not the smartest thing you did.
>>
>>3360232
/his/ = history and HUMANITIES
>>
>>3360239
>I'm a fucking retard and proud
>>
>>3359568
>at least in some way
I'm fairly sure that at that point in time, King George needed only fart in the direction of Kaiser Wilhelm to initiate open war.
>>
>>3360253

>I'm an elitist douchebag because I know one fact yet don't even have my bachelor's degree
>>
>>3359568
There is a lot of talk about that the war would have come anyways, but I am not so sure about that. Russia was on the brink of collapse the whole time, and could the war have been avoided for some more years, maybe the Russia would have already collapsed, and then things would be much different. I doubt a big war would have erupted in such a scenario.
>>
>>3360256

Actually from 1911/2 tensions were actually disappitating(in some ways, not in others). In 1914 Britain's foreign office was planning a diplomatic mission to Germany to help relax tensions between the two states.
>>
>>3360248
humanities is a fucking cancer and should've been contained to /lit/ or have it's own board.
>>
>>3360270
>its
>>
>>3360256
Well I'm reading the archives of old newspapers and from around 1910 to 1914 the situation kept changing. At one point the entire French cabinet resigned. From time to time there would be an article how the diplomatic relations were improving or getting more tense. Unlike WWII no side wanted an open war. People say that something would cause it anyway but what? Archduke's assassination is exactly the type of event that was required to start it.
>>
>>3360270

Do you not see how the humanities and history are inseparably intertwined? What the hell do you think philosophy is?
>>
>>3360242
Gavrilo didn't want Serbs to live well in Austria-Hungary, he wanted them to live in Serbia or Yugoslavia. I'm a Habsburg restorationist myself but I completely understand his motivation.
>>
>>3360276
Russia chimping out to cover up their economical problems would have started it.

Actually, Russia indirectly started it in the first place, because they were the ones who supported the pan-slavic nationalists within the KuK.
>>
File: huegh.jpg (416KB, 2423x1433px) Image search: [Google]
huegh.jpg
416KB, 2423x1433px
>>3360287
>i'm a habsburg restorationist myself
>>
File: bolsheviks.png (469KB, 1600x1332px) Image search: [Google]
bolsheviks.png
469KB, 1600x1332px
>>3360289
Russian economy was skyrocketing and they were modernizing like crazy. In fact that's the reason why Germans insisted some minor Austro-Serbian conflict was a good opportunity to kick off a great war, they wanted to knock Russia out before they could fully modernize and become unstoppable.
>>
>>3360295
>high level of discourse
>>
>>3360300

>high level of discourse

absolutely no self-awareness
>>
>>3360302
>reddit spacing
>>
>>3360303

virgin
>>
>>3360306
>>3360302
>>3360295
Is there a reason why Habsburgs in particular trigger you?
>>
>>3360272
>shitpost

>>3360285
&humanities does nothing but bring shitposting
>>
>>3360310
i wouldn't know im a newflag
>>
>>3360309

the fact you think i have a personal problem with the habsburgs(lmao) and not the fact you identify as a >>hapsburg restorationist is very revealing

autistic
>>
>>3360296
>skyrocketing
>chart shows stagnation and depression in the economic development between 1900-1915

okay mate.
>>
>>3360303

very

observant
>>
>>3360287
It's not justified because Serbs didn't get surpressed the way they did in the ottoman empire. It was because of Austria-Hungary that Serbia produced the only great person in their whole history. Imagine Tesla was born in the independet Kingdom of Serbia instead of KuK-Croatia. He would have become a nobody, probably some orthodox priest who preached about how Serbia needs to serbify the whole Balkans.
>>
>>3360285
Pedantic bullshit and playing with semantics.
>>
>>3360347

*Some* of it. Semantics is the focus of the Analytic school. Not all philosophy is academic though.

You realize that history is driven by philosophy. Just look at the Russian Revolution and the Communist Manifesto, for one.
>>
>>3360341
Sure they were. The entire Austrian occupation of Bosnia aas characterized with their attempts to supress any sort of national identity of the peoples living there, be they Serb, Croat or Bosniak. At one point they banned folk songs and overtly Serbian surnames. They tried to establish secular control over the religious authorities in the country. It wasn't Colonialism-level bad or anything near it, but literally no one in Bosnia was happy with Austrian rule.
>>
>>3360394
>They tried to establish secular control over the religious authorities in the country

That's the thing that is keeping Serbia down, the orthodox church. It sucked up all the smart Serbs who started preaching stupid shit instead of becoming world famous scientists in the West. The lack of secularity within Serbia is what is really keeping the serbian man down, not some CIA-Vatican conspiracy.
>>
>>3360479
I mean I don't particularly disagree, but they weren't enforcing secularism or anything, they were trying to get the church to carry out their agendas. They did it to the Catholics, and it understandably pissed everyone off.
>>
>>3360324
You're the only person butthurting about it.
>>
>>3360529
>they *also* did it to the Catholics
>>
Annexing Bosnia was the biggest mistake the Habsburgs ever did. Not only was it completely useless and a money drain, it ended up triggering a war that ended with the empire destroyed. Fuck Bosnia, should've just left it for Russians.
>>
>>3360287
Not just Serbs mate, he didnt want South Slavs (or any Slavs for that matter) as a whole to be under any foreign empire, that goes for Turks too. He identified himself as a Serbo-Croat (he said it while interogated). Mlada Bosna had excellent relations with Young Croatian groups, and people like Miroslav Krleza (who for example volunteered to fight in first Balkan war) or sculptor Ivan Mestrovic.
>>
File: 1397472300935.jpg (9KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1397472300935.jpg
9KB, 211x246px
>>3360239
>Who the fuck learns about ww1 in middle school?
everyone
you fucking retard
>>
>>3360591
When will "Slavs" understand "Pan-Slavinism" was just russian propaganda to justify their own imperialism towards european peoples? Slavic is a language group, nothing more.
>>
>don't act like idiots and annex Bosnia
>show some goodwill towards Serbs
It was really easy but they were too dumb.
>>
>>3361132
Russia would have still caused a war. Russia pushing into Europe destroyed the balance of power on the continent just as much as german/austrian imperialism. Both world wars were basically about Germans and Russians fighting for eastern europe.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.