[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Operation Barbarossa amd Hitler, is there any way Napoleon's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Fuck Operation Barbarossa amd Hitler, is there any way Napoleon's invasion of Russia could have succeeded?
>>
>>3357241
yes, if he listened to his polack generals that told him to occupy ukraine, belarus and baltic states to get supplies and wait out the winter.
>>
I've thought about this a bit, since nappy's goal was to force Russia into the continental system, why didn't he just occupy the Russian baltic coast to cut them off from the British?
>>
>>3357241
absolutely not, the Russians denied Napoleon anything in terms of food or a decisive battle, and Russia could afford to just sit there and never engage Napoleon, and let the lack of food and sheer attrition take its toll. Even with Moscow captured, the Tsar still had very little reason to approach Napoleon and negotiate surrender.

Essentially, Russia could've won without ever firing a single shot if they really wanted to. Just starve the Grande Armee to death by denying them any food or shelter.
>>
>>3357312
I never thought of this. Any ideas?
>>
>>3357241
It has succeeded, but as other anons said nothing was done to effectively force Russia to submit. He naively thought that taking the capital city was enough for a checkmate.
>>
>>3357340
The British have a global empire and so does Russia, if the Baltic coast was occupied, Russia would still trade with British Canada through Alaska and Vladivostok, and Britain itself through Murmansk, not to mention that the Russian Capital sits on the baltic coast, and taking St. Petersburg would not be an easy task, even for Napoleon's invasion army, hence why Moscow was the main target instead of it.
>>
>>3357241
He didn't really "lose" in Russia, there was never a chance to force a decisive engagement to begin with.
You would have to start there.
>>
>>3357341
Nappy was retarded
>>
>>3357364

>Russia has a global empire

What? Yeah, Russia itself is big, but global empire? No.
>>
>>3357364
>trade through Alaska and Vladivostok
You know that the trans-siberian railway started in 1891, right? Vladivostok was also founded in 1860, and the territory wasn't even held by Russia until 1858.

While you could move stuff across Russia, it would be in relatively limited quantities, take forever, and there were no significant ports in the Russian East at this time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.